Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,766 members, 7,813,542 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:39 PM

Army Destroys 1500 Metric Tonne Vessel Captured By Tompolo (Pictures) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Army Destroys 1500 Metric Tonne Vessel Captured By Tompolo (Pictures) (54880 Views)

Navy Releases Vessel Intercepted By Tompolo Men / Tompolo Reappears After Over 6 Years In Exile / Army Destroys 500 Drums Of Adulterated Diesel And 2 Cars In Calabar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Army Destroys 1500 Metric Tonne Vessel Captured By Tompolo (Pictures) by phoneport(m): 11:08am On Oct 11, 2022
A vessel named MT Deima with International Maritime Organisation (IMO) number 7210525, recently captured by Ex-militant leader, Government Ekpemukpolo and his security outfit, Tantita Security Services Limited, laden with stolen crude oil, was on Monday, October 10, 2022 set ablaze by men of the Nigerian military along the Warri River in Delta state.

POLITICS NIGERIA earlier reported that Tompolo and his men successfully intercepted the huge vessel last weekend and reportedly turned down a bribe of N25 million.
Eight persons on board the vessel, MT Deinmo, with IMO number 7210525, were immediately arrested. They were caught stealing directly from Escravos Pipeline in Warri South West LGA, Delta state.

Chief Ebipade Kari, the Operational Head of Tantita Security Services Limited, who led the operation disclosed that the interception was made after they received a tip-off.
“We got a tip off that a ship was loading at the Escravos axis. The Tantita security personnel went to the place and got the ship arrested”.

“While I insisted that the crew must be taken to Oporoza in Gbaramatu Kingdom, where Tantita operational office is located. Their boss was begging me through the captain of the ship to offer me a bribe of N25m which he promised to deliver in dollars, so that I can let the ship go. But I turned down the offer.”

Source: https://twitter.com/gbaramatuvoice/status/1579517854541844482?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1579517854541844482%7Ctwgr%5E73e90f5cbe8eb24add016bb32c127fce875a6dde%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fpoliticsnigeria.com%2Fbreaking-army-destroys-1500-metric-tonne-vessel-captured-by-tompolo-pics%2F

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Army Destroys 1500 Metric Tonne Vessel Captured By Tompolo (Pictures) by Mrkindness: 11:11am On Oct 11, 2022
Why not government confiscate it and turn it into national asset. Black man is a disaster to himself. This belong to Asari Dokubo and Tinubu join business

468 Likes 30 Shares

Re: Army Destroys 1500 Metric Tonne Vessel Captured By Tompolo (Pictures) by Nobody: 11:11am On Oct 11, 2022
What a waste... They could have converted the vessel and given it to the navy or sold it off at an auction.

The way we burn valuable things in the name of law enforcement calls for concern.

345 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Army Destroys 1500 Metric Tonne Vessel Captured By Tompolo (Pictures) by TUMIC(m): 11:12am On Oct 11, 2022
This is MADNESS UNLIMITED
How can investigation be ongoing and the main evidence burnt up? I said it before that the government of Nigeria are thieves and wicked.
The navy and all the maritime agencies are suspects in this.

WHY IS OUR COUNTY LIKE THIS? embarassed embarassed embarassed

285 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Army Destroys 1500 Metric Tonne Vessel Captured By Tompolo (Pictures) by Nobody: 11:13am On Oct 11, 2022
Mrkindness:
Why not government confiscate it and turn it into national asset. Black man is a disaster to himself.
We said this at the same minute bro... Too bad the government is so wasteful. Apart from fake drugs and toxic substances, I don't see any sense in incinerating valuable things.

93 Likes 1 Share

Re: Army Destroys 1500 Metric Tonne Vessel Captured By Tompolo (Pictures) by Mrkindness: 11:15am On Oct 11, 2022
MonsieurX:

We said this at the same minute bro... Too bad the government is so wasteful. Apart from fake drugs and toxic substances, I don't see any sense in incinerating valuable things.
progressive mindsets.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Army Destroys 1500 Metric Tonne Vessel Captured By Tompolo (Pictures) by NinjaXmetahuman: 11:16am On Oct 11, 2022
That's madness

2 Likes

Re: Army Destroys 1500 Metric Tonne Vessel Captured By Tompolo (Pictures) by nony43(m): 11:17am On Oct 11, 2022
If una think say Buhari no know the oil theft going on in NIger Delta then you must be sleeping. Who is the minister of petroleum for seven years?

137 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Army Destroys 1500 Metric Tonne Vessel Captured By Tompolo (Pictures) by princepee: 11:17am On Oct 11, 2022
So tompolo is doing what Nigeria Navy cannot do?
And someone still head that organization.
We are not serious in this part of the world.
Individual doing the work of the government.
Now that the evidence have been destroyed let them tell us who own the vessel.
It's ship for crying out loud. Not a needle.
I give up on naija.........
The government and it's people are corrupt.

63 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Army Destroys 1500 Metric Tonne Vessel Captured By Tompolo (Pictures) by Lewisalexander(m): 11:17am On Oct 11, 2022
This administration is sketchy. I don't believe this shinanigans

13 Likes

Re: Army Destroys 1500 Metric Tonne Vessel Captured By Tompolo (Pictures) by salbis(m): 11:17am On Oct 11, 2022
Is like Obi had succeeded in rattling these thieves oo.

103 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Army Destroys 1500 Metric Tonne Vessel Captured By Tompolo (Pictures) by Mrkrobz(m): 11:17am On Oct 11, 2022
MonsieurX:
What a waste... They could have converted the vessel and given it to the navy or sold it off at an auction.

The way we burn valuable things in the name of law enforcement calls for concern.

cry

Just imagine

Meanwhile,don't forget to check out my animation story in my profile

3 Likes

Re: Army Destroys 1500 Metric Tonne Vessel Captured By Tompolo (Pictures) by Jones4190(m): 11:17am On Oct 11, 2022
Tompolo for president

8 Likes

Re: Army Destroys 1500 Metric Tonne Vessel Captured By Tompolo (Pictures) by Pidginwhisper: 11:17am On Oct 11, 2022
Why?

2 Likes

Re: Army Destroys 1500 Metric Tonne Vessel Captured By Tompolo (Pictures) by OnionBandit(f): 11:17am On Oct 11, 2022
Mrkindness:
Why not government confiscate it and turn it into national asset. Black man is a disaster to himself. This belong to Asari Dokubo and Tinubu join business
lol

If dem no destroy am now, na you go still say dem sell am secretly.. Another case of the donkey and the man..hehee

255 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Army Destroys 1500 Metric Tonne Vessel Captured By Tompolo (Pictures) by chieveboy(m): 11:17am On Oct 11, 2022
This is the problem when you decide to bring in a weak person in the center who will rely on his appointees...

They destroyed because it may be traced to them and the 'Head' can't do anything about, thanks to the 'yan'uwa' (nepotism and croniism) disease that has eaten deep into this administration.

9 Likes

Re: Army Destroys 1500 Metric Tonne Vessel Captured By Tompolo (Pictures) by lordkrys(m): 11:18am On Oct 11, 2022
Na their way be that e no they hard them to burn evidence.

15 Likes

Re: Army Destroys 1500 Metric Tonne Vessel Captured By Tompolo (Pictures) by LibertyRep: 11:18am On Oct 11, 2022
Evidence destroyed.

I thought only a court could sanction the destruction of evidences like this.

17 Likes

Re: Army Destroys 1500 Metric Tonne Vessel Captured By Tompolo (Pictures) by RedNeck1(m): 11:18am On Oct 11, 2022
Weldone Mr Tompolo. Tinubu is going to make you the Minister of defense when he wins next year election. This I have seen.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Army Destroys 1500 Metric Tonne Vessel Captured By Tompolo (Pictures) by saintkel(m): 11:18am On Oct 11, 2022
Mrkindness:
hehehehehe

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Army Destroys 1500 Metric Tonne Vessel Captured By Tompolo (Pictures) by Nobody: 11:18am On Oct 11, 2022
U mean TOMPOLO sacrificed one of his vessels for this exercise..... grin grin. We're not FooLs!

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Army Destroys 1500 Metric Tonne Vessel Captured By Tompolo (Pictures) by meobizy(f): 11:18am On Oct 11, 2022
See me here wondering how voluminous the stated value is.
Re: Army Destroys 1500 Metric Tonne Vessel Captured By Tompolo (Pictures) by vastolord4(m): 11:18am On Oct 11, 2022
Tompolo fighting his enemies with this contract.. this country is ruled by big magicians and award winning entertainers called FG. It might even belong to tompolo himself and why burn the ship? It could be enhanced and added to the national fleet

9 Likes

Re: Army Destroys 1500 Metric Tonne Vessel Captured By Tompolo (Pictures) by Skty: 11:18am On Oct 11, 2022
MonsieurX:

Them nor de think outta d box nau

6 Likes

Re: Army Destroys 1500 Metric Tonne Vessel Captured By Tompolo (Pictures) by Eriokanmi: 11:19am On Oct 11, 2022
God bless obi for exposing this government on CNN. Since then, we've been seeing unprecedented raids of the Niger delta creeks and mind-boggling discoveries. Obi is the man for the job. What have they been doing for years since this had been going on? Why didn't they act?

Burning the vessel is needless. Its a sign of weakness on the part of this government. Its purely a cover up.

During tompolo's interview with Olu Phillips of Channels TV, he said both army and navy are complicit in the oil bunkering. Why set the vessel ablaze in a hurry?

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Army Destroys 1500 Metric Tonne Vessel Captured By Tompolo (Pictures) by luckyz4rea(m): 11:19am On Oct 11, 2022
Mrkindness:

You believe they burnt the vessel? Well, I don’t! The only reason I’ll believe they did is if there is a secret to their shady ways that the vessel will reveal, then they will burn it.
Re: Army Destroys 1500 Metric Tonne Vessel Captured By Tompolo (Pictures) by TOPCRUISE(m): 11:19am On Oct 11, 2022
Mrkindness:
The confiscation could be compromised and the vessel will return to the owners. You can just hear that the vessel has been stolen. This is Nigeria where anything can happen.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Army Destroys 1500 Metric Tonne Vessel Captured By Tompolo (Pictures) by dfrost: 11:20am On Oct 11, 2022
angry

So many things will be uncovered by the end of this year. February 2023 is too far.

Because I don't understand the burning of the vessel (which can at the least sold to the scrap metal man or auctioned).

Then also the issue of burning crude, crude oil fa? Are we not in want any longer? What of the degradation to those living close to those areas? How many of us have even seen black soil before? I'm sure most have not seen.

This madness really has to stop. What is with the black man and burning things of high value when we are yet undeveloped? angry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Army Destroys 1500 Metric Tonne Vessel Captured By Tompolo (Pictures) by lordkrys(m): 11:20am On Oct 11, 2022
luckyz4rea:

You believe they burnt the vessel? Well, I don’t! The only reason I’ll believe they did is if there is a secret to their shady ways that the vessel will reveal, then they will burn it.

We would never know who owns the vessel

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Amosun Building Multibillion Private House - Emmanuel Ojo (Pics) / Buhari Speaks On Cabal Allegations By His Wife, Aisha (video) / Pictures From The Riot In Ado Ekiti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.