|Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 3,080,969 members, 7,588,972 topics. Date: Monday, 25 September 2023 at 02:15 PM
|Job Vacancy - Sales Officer by fesamson57: 12:23pm On Oct 11, 2022|
Job role: Sales Officer
Location: – Minna, Sokoto, Ilorin & Makurdi
About our client:
As an origin‐integrated business operating in over 40 major producing countries worldwide, our client focuses primarily on coffee, cotton, and cocoa. In West Africa, They also trade in other crops, such as cashew and sesame.
We provide advisory services, training and support to farmers on productivity, quality, certification, and crop diversification, environmental and broader social issues.
We also run a fleet of over 150 modern trucks that serves our logistics and transport needs.
The sales officers play a key role in engaging and understanding customer pain points, building a strong customer base (including farmers, co-operatives, aggregators, distributors and equipment rental partners) and driving sales to meet targets.
The sales officers will be involved in market research of a wide range of crops (e.g. maize, rice, soybeans, sorghum, millet, wheat, sesame, cassava, ginger, tomato, etc.) and competitor products to inform unique and convincing sales propositions for end to end mechanizations solutions.
• Prepare the market wise sales plan
• Achieve sales targets
• Appoint distributor network
• Develop a network of equipment rental service partners
• Develop a large base of farmers, aggregators, cooperatives, farmer associations, etc.
• Travel extensively to all agricultural production areas of the assigned area to sell and market Micromec range of agricultural machinery.
• Market research to inform holistic, unique & convincing selling propositions to market for complete end-to-end mechanization solutions.
• Gather and submit comprehensive market research reports to the manager on farmer needs and competitor information
• Educate farmers, aggregators, equipment rental service providers, cooperatives, etc. on the technical, operational, commercial & sustainability advantages of using Micromec equipment.
• Introduce the company and its products to Government & Private Sector Banks, Microfinance Institutions, NGOs, Donor agencies, foundations and initiate discussion for providing funding for farmers & cooperatives.
• Higher National Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in agricultural sciences or business.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience selling agricultural products such as equipment, agro chemicals, fertilizers, seeds, etc.
• Excellent sales and negotiation skills
• Experience working in rural areas with smallholder farmers
• Familiar with the northern Nigerian territories and willing to travel extensively in the region
• Language requirements – Fluent in English, and local languages spoken in the area of coverage (e.g. Hausa, Nupe, Yoruba, Tiv, Idoma)
• Positive, flexible, target driven with a strong customer service orientation
• A good understanding of smallholders key buying factors and buying behaviour
Apply to: email@example.com using the job role as the title/subject of the mail
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2023 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31