Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,559 members, 7,816,353 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:03 AM

Aso Rock To Spend N14bn On Internet, Stationery, Electricity, Telephone Charges - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aso Rock To Spend N14bn On Internet, Stationery, Electricity, Telephone Charges (14879 Views)

Nasarawa Govt Spend N14bn On Secretariat Complex / PMB Aides Connived With Ministry Of Power Officials To Fleece Govt Of N14bn - SR / 2016 Audit Report: Presidency Illegally Moved N14bn To Establish Army Barracks.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aso Rock To Spend N14bn On Internet, Stationery, Electricity, Telephone Charges by Emman08: 3:41pm On Oct 11, 2022
Kwaraption
Re: Aso Rock To Spend N14bn On Internet, Stationery, Electricity, Telephone Charges by AFONJAPIG(m): 3:43pm On Oct 11, 2022
This man I wish for him to continue
Re: Aso Rock To Spend N14bn On Internet, Stationery, Electricity, Telephone Charges by Mozegee: 3:48pm On Oct 11, 2022
And some idiots are supporting this govt. This country can only move forward when cost of governance is being caught
Rebuke:
Hahaha. They want to spend millions on books they will never read.

Our leaders are feeding fat on our resources while the citizens are dying of hunger.

I was having a conversation with a man (a married man with kids o) and he told me how much he earns per month and I almost wept. I couldn't control my emotions, had to ask him how he copes, he said " ah my own is still better na, my own neighbour doesn't even earn upto that amount and he even has more kids. Everyone is just surviving ni"

I divided the amount he earns per amount by 30days and discovered dude isn't even earning upto N500 per day.

After a serious conversation with him, he now saw reasons to never vote either APC or PDP again. Baba is now Obedient.

Reasons for the above story? Many people are still foolishly rooting for either APC or PDP because they fail to realise these same set of people brought us to where we are today.

They don't care about yhu, they only care about themselves and themselves.

That's why they could spend such amount of money on unnecessary things they don't even need while yhu are hungry.

2 Likes

Re: Aso Rock To Spend N14bn On Internet, Stationery, Electricity, Telephone Charges by fkj950ax(m): 3:49pm On Oct 11, 2022
dyera:

You smoke weed ni? Be like you don't know what billion is.

If an average household spend 360k a year, let's assume aso ville level household would spend times 10 which is 3.6 million. Even if there is one hundred rooms in Aso ville, that still 360 million in total. This is pure exaggeration to create avenue for looting.

Obviously you haven’t been to the villa before

If you think it’s times 10

How much does a bank branch spend monthly on these things?
Re: Aso Rock To Spend N14bn On Internet, Stationery, Electricity, Telephone Charges by chimpad: 3:49pm On Oct 11, 2022
As usual, they know Nigerians will rant online and move on. This got to be the most Evil Government that in the world. I'm wondering why they announce budgets to Nigerians, is this normal? Just asking, cos I don't undertand.

1 Like

Re: Aso Rock To Spend N14bn On Internet, Stationery, Electricity, Telephone Charges by chimpad: 3:51pm On Oct 11, 2022
Yea even if he hasn't been there. Do you stop to realize how many millions are in 14 billion? The budget is absurb.
fkj950ax:

Obviously you haven’t been to the villa before

4 Likes

Re: Aso Rock To Spend N14bn On Internet, Stationery, Electricity, Telephone Charges by Obeysco: 3:51pm On Oct 11, 2022
God punish them in Aso rock...
Re: Aso Rock To Spend N14bn On Internet, Stationery, Electricity, Telephone Charges by Xtry: 3:53pm On Oct 11, 2022
These people are really taking us for granted and seeing us as fools...make dem no worry, e go shock dem come 2023

1 Like

Re: Aso Rock To Spend N14bn On Internet, Stationery, Electricity, Telephone Charges by Xtry: 3:54pm On Oct 11, 2022
[As in ehh=Mozegee post=117471476]And some idiots are supporting this govt. This country can only move forward when cost of governance is being caught[/quote]
Re: Aso Rock To Spend N14bn On Internet, Stationery, Electricity, Telephone Charges by arantess: 3:57pm On Oct 11, 2022
fkj950ax:
It’s not too much honestly
That’s about 3bn monthly
Power. Internet. Phone etc for AsoRock that has tons of rooms and offices and people working there.

A regular citizen using broadband in his house probably pays 15k a month on data. Buys PHCN card of like 6k monthly. Buys about 3k recharge card monthly. Buys 6k fuel monthly.

That’s about 30k monthly and N360k a year

Let’s all do the maths.
You don't have sense

3 Likes

Re: Aso Rock To Spend N14bn On Internet, Stationery, Electricity, Telephone Charges by Moikiitos: 4:00pm On Oct 11, 2022
We soon know the real cost of expenditure in that Aso Rock, when PO takes office.

2mercy:

https://punchng.com/aso-rock-to-spend-n14bn-on-internet/?amp
Re: Aso Rock To Spend N14bn On Internet, Stationery, Electricity, Telephone Charges by emmanuelbrown26: 4:10pm On Oct 11, 2022
Rebuke:
Hahaha. They want to spend millions on books they will never read.

Our leaders are feeding fat on our resources while the citizens are dying of hunger.

I was having a conversation with a man (a married man with kids o) and he told me how much he earns per month and I almost wept. I couldn't control my emotions, had to ask him how he copes, he said " ah my own is still better na, my own neighbour doesn't even earn upto that amount and he even has more kids. Everyone is just surviving ni"

I divided the amount he earns per amount by 30days and discovered dude isn't even earning upto N500 per day.

After a serious conversation with him, he now saw reasons to never vote either APC or PDP again. Baba is now Obedient.

Reasons for the above story? Many people are still foolishly rooting for either APC or PDP because they fail to realise these same set of people brought us to where we are today.

They don't care about yhu, they only care about themselves and themselves.

That's why they could spend such amount of money on unnecessary things they don't even need while yhu are hungry.

U even get time to dey preach to dem, as for me, if naija wan burn na everybody go dey inside am together, if en better na same everybody go enjoy am. I hv stopped having dis empathy on dem

1 Like

Re: Aso Rock To Spend N14bn On Internet, Stationery, Electricity, Telephone Charges by Kingspin(m): 4:10pm On Oct 11, 2022
Nothing is wrong with APC.
Na those you cheer them.
Re: Aso Rock To Spend N14bn On Internet, Stationery, Electricity, Telephone Charges by Ronkvic(m): 4:12pm On Oct 11, 2022
Abeg, who do Nigeria dis kind thing, make d person come undo wetin him do ooooh, before e go dey too late.
God plsss, show Nigeria ur mercy.
Re: Aso Rock To Spend N14bn On Internet, Stationery, Electricity, Telephone Charges by Nobody: 4:14pm On Oct 11, 2022
2023 Budget is for the FG alone, in the era of internet and online newspapers why will they spend 8bn on newspapers?

The height if financial recklessness, offcourse this is what happens when there is zero accountability. And the people who lend these monies dont even ask what the borrowers do with it, why should they when we dont ask?

1 Like

Re: Aso Rock To Spend N14bn On Internet, Stationery, Electricity, Telephone Charges by Nobody: 4:15pm On Oct 11, 2022
Obeysco:
God punish them in Aso rock...

I dont think God hears that prayer, he has collected tithe from them.
Re: Aso Rock To Spend N14bn On Internet, Stationery, Electricity, Telephone Charges by yomi531(m): 4:15pm On Oct 11, 2022
Diligent1:
What did you budget for Youth Empowerment and Education, I want to know?
Because 90% of crime committed in Nigeria are from youths, if they are not engaged there will be problem.
About 350-400 billion naira for social intervention programs like npower, sch feeding e.t.c
Re: Aso Rock To Spend N14bn On Internet, Stationery, Electricity, Telephone Charges by Nobleou(m): 4:15pm On Oct 11, 2022
How much ve they allocated for proper education?
Those supporting FG against ASUU come and see
Re: Aso Rock To Spend N14bn On Internet, Stationery, Electricity, Telephone Charges by Nobody: 4:16pm On Oct 11, 2022
Xtry:
These people are really taking us for granted and seeing us as fools...make dem no worry, e go shock dem come 2023

Dont think so, this is a borrowing spree to bad we get to pick up the bills in higher taxes, decreased spending power and inflation. Our brothers and sisters who japa arent free o, they will end up becoming slaves overseas.

1 Like

Re: Aso Rock To Spend N14bn On Internet, Stationery, Electricity, Telephone Charges by Whoknowsme: 4:18pm On Oct 11, 2022
Buhari wants to loot his last before leaving office.
Meanwhile they've refused to grant ASUU's request. Hopefully Nigeria will become better by next year onwards.
Re: Aso Rock To Spend N14bn On Internet, Stationery, Electricity, Telephone Charges by KINGS100(m): 4:18pm On Oct 11, 2022
NOTHING NEW, IN NIGERIA POWER BELONGS TO THE ELECTS.
Re: Aso Rock To Spend N14bn On Internet, Stationery, Electricity, Telephone Charges by Diligent1(f): 4:21pm On Oct 11, 2022
yomi531:
About 350-400 billion naira for social intervention programs like npower, sch feeding e.t.c
I will ask students going to public schools in my area if they are being fed in their respective schools, then I will get back to you.
Re: Aso Rock To Spend N14bn On Internet, Stationery, Electricity, Telephone Charges by Boss13: 4:22pm On Oct 11, 2022
Diligent1:
What did you budget for Youth Empowerment and Education, I want to know?
Because 90% of crime committed in Nigeria are from youths, if they are not engaged there will be problem.

The government is already subsidizing education. What more do you want? They should feed you?
Re: Aso Rock To Spend N14bn On Internet, Stationery, Electricity, Telephone Charges by TimeArena1(f): 4:24pm On Oct 11, 2022
The way these people assign these huge amounts on inconsequential things is sickening
Re: Aso Rock To Spend N14bn On Internet, Stationery, Electricity, Telephone Charges by Boss13: 4:28pm On Oct 11, 2022
67.1m for internet is equivalent to 6M per month for internet. I don't think that's excessive. The average cost of good internet service is N50,000 per month.

The presidency includes the VP, Special Advisers, Senior Special advisers and their staff. All these individuals will be on the network. I think the budget is reasonable.
Re: Aso Rock To Spend N14bn On Internet, Stationery, Electricity, Telephone Charges by Boss13: 4:30pm On Oct 11, 2022
TimeArena1:
The way these people assign these huge amounts on inconsequential things is sickening

It's a budget and not actual spending and it is based on previous actual expenditures. Yes we can say trim down some cost allocations but I think the budget is reasonable in my opinion
Re: Aso Rock To Spend N14bn On Internet, Stationery, Electricity, Telephone Charges by Diligent1(f): 4:31pm On Oct 11, 2022
Boss13:

The government is already subsidizing education. What more do you want? They should feed you?
The resources of this country should be used where it is most needed not giving room to people like you to embezzle it sir.

1 Like

Re: Aso Rock To Spend N14bn On Internet, Stationery, Electricity, Telephone Charges by Ehinjuola: 4:31pm On Oct 11, 2022
Argh.... 14 kilepe?
Re: Aso Rock To Spend N14bn On Internet, Stationery, Electricity, Telephone Charges by naikeboy(m): 4:32pm On Oct 11, 2022
No wahala e remain 8 months make them enjoy as Peter obi wins he will reverse all that budget

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Red Cross Threatens To Vacate Nigeria Following The Killing Of Hauwa Liman / Insecurity: Reps Consider National Assembly Shutdown Over Buhari’s ‘Inaction’ / Lagos Civil Servants To Work On Saturdays- Fashola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.