Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,372 members, 7,954,502 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 08:40 PM

The Fruit Of Meekness - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Fruit Of Meekness (152 Views)

Seeds Of Destiny 6 July 2022: The Tragedy Of The Bankruptcy Of Meekness / Seeds Of Destiny 4 July 2022 – The Quality Of Meekness: A Posture For Divine Dir / Haughtiness And Pride Versus Humility And Meekness – What Is Winning? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Fruit Of Meekness by topshore(f): 3:33pm On Oct 11, 2022
Scripture Text: Mathew 5 :5

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law."

It is noteworthy to say that christianity is a call to transform character, attitude, dispositions and habits. One of the characters necessary for anyone who claims to follow Christ is to possess the spirit of meekness. What then is meekness?

Meekness is simply the act of controlled power. Meekness can be likened to the ancient Greek tradition where the power of a ferracious male horse is applied by bits and bridle. Brother! Sister! We know you have connection, power, authority, wealth, position but the ability to bring these under control means meekness. Meekness is related to humility, gentleness, mildness, restraint, simplicity and so on. When you have power to do something according to the dictate of human nature, meekness will make you submit to the leading of the voice of the Holy Spirit within you and distinguishes you as a believer rather than a tyrant.

You may be thinking or saying that people with step on you, take you for granted or see you as weakling if you are meek. No! Meekness is not weakness. It is not timidity. It is not passivity. It is not naivety. It is a strength! A rare one at that! Meekness is a positive vibe and life-flow in you from the Holy Spirit. When you have the spirit of meekness, you will never seek revenge over anyone who has truly offended you neither will you allow yourself to be bitter or bear grudges against your offenders.

Submission to authority and people whom the Lord Jesus Christ have placed over you in every sphere of life is meekness. However, many believers of today are unruly, disrespectful, judgemental, and unteachable. Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour is a great example of meekness. He exemplified the life of meekness. He was abused, despised, molested, beaten, battered, mocked and betrayed yet He never complained or reacted negatively against anyone. He was never embittered towards anybody. Look at when His disciples told Him to call down fire like Elijah (Luke 9: 51-56) or was it when Peter tried resisting arrest of Jesus by using a physical weapon to cut off the ear of the opponent, all Jesus did was to reprove Him disciples for such actions. Jesus told them that He could as the Father to send Him more than twelve legions of angels but He denounced so that the Scripture could be fulfilled. What a humility! (Matthew 26:51-52).

Brethren, surrendering to the Will of God even if it's difficult is meekness. As a Christian you should count it as a great privilege that God remembers you among all the people He created to carry out a task for Him. Instead of you to accept the task with great joy and surrender to His will, all you is to murmur, grumble and whine. You'll be complaining of the temporary discomfort, whether minor or major and become rebellious to your Creator. This not so for the one who has the spirit of meekness. He rather submits and says, "yes Lord, send me!"

The passionate plea of the Lord Jesus Christ to all of His disciples (Matthew 11: 25-30) is to incorporate meekness as part of our inner beauty. Meekness adds the ornaments of peace and grace to the lives of believers.

Conspicuously, those who have no spirit of meekness will not inherit the Kingdom of God (Galatians 5:22-23). Beloved, without being genuinely born again, sanctified and filled with the Holy Spirit, there's no way you can possess the spirit of meekness. And without meekness, you'll continue to misrepresent Christ, mislead souls and bring reproach to name of God. So, repent!

If you would like to give your life to Christ, just say this short prayer:
"Lord Jesus, I come to You now, come into my life, take control of my life and change my world. I say bye-bye to the devil. I enter into the Kingdom of light. Thank You Jesus, in Jesus name I pray, amen!

Congratulations!!!

God bless you.

Peace!

Culled from Mountain Top Life Daily Devotional Volume 7

(1) (Reply)

Coming Straight / In The Light Of Truth: The Stranger! / God's Presence In Your Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.