Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,413 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:49 PM

ASUU To Hold Emergency Meeting On Thursday. Strike To Be Likely Called Off - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU To Hold Emergency Meeting On Thursday. Strike To Be Likely Called Off (20528 Views)

ASUU Holds Emergency NEC Meeting On Monday Over Half Salary / ASUU Agrees To Call Off Strike, To Receive N70bn / ASUU NEC Holds Decisive Meeting On Thursday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU To Hold Emergency Meeting On Thursday. Strike To Be Likely Called Off by Jokerman(m): 6:48pm On Oct 11, 2022
Wait till December clown
Re: ASUU To Hold Emergency Meeting On Thursday. Strike To Be Likely Called Off by OgbeniOja1: 6:49pm On Oct 11, 2022
Who said?? We are getting our salary arrears plus increment. Strike is the only thing govt listens to.
JuicyStar:
They don’t have a choice again. The good thing is that strike would no longer be a weapon for negotiation anymore.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ASUU To Hold Emergency Meeting On Thursday. Strike To Be Likely Called Off by Coolguy34(m): 6:52pm On Oct 11, 2022
Better, our brothers and sisters can return to school. sad
Very useless Government.
I do data entry jobs check my signature for my contact.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: ASUU To Hold Emergency Meeting On Thursday. Strike To Be Likely Called Off by Handsum64: 6:53pm On Oct 11, 2022
Buhari no be una mate fraudulent bunch of settlement seeking slowpokes

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU To Hold Emergency Meeting On Thursday. Strike To Be Likely Called Off by backnbeta(f): 6:54pm On Oct 11, 2022
OgbeniOja1:
Who said?? We are getting our salary arrears plus increment. Strike is the only thing govt listens to.
It's not a total win for ASUU; don't make it seem like all is well. You and I know why the strike will be called off and it's not because FG has complied with the major demands of ASUU! We just hope things change for better undecided

5 Likes

Re: ASUU To Hold Emergency Meeting On Thursday. Strike To Be Likely Called Off by Abokilongthing: 6:57pm On Oct 11, 2022
Buaeee thank you for coming to show Nigerians the right way to go.. may your generation endure and experience life just as you have presided over this Nation for 8 year
Re: ASUU To Hold Emergency Meeting On Thursday. Strike To Be Likely Called Off by Ritualist22: 6:57pm On Oct 11, 2022
backnbeta:

It's not a total win for ASUU; don't make it seem like all is well. You and I know why the strike will be called off and it's not because FG has complied with the major demands of ASUU! We just hope things change for better undecided
The painful part is that fg will pay ASUU their 8months salary, just imagine the nonsense? Free money after doing nothing and making students suffer, some might even use the money to travel out of the country

5 Likes

Re: ASUU To Hold Emergency Meeting On Thursday. Strike To Be Likely Called Off by baggioni: 7:00pm On Oct 11, 2022
undecided
Awon alaini nkanse
Re: ASUU To Hold Emergency Meeting On Thursday. Strike To Be Likely Called Off by HeroicMeastro: 7:03pm On Oct 11, 2022
Cmanforall:
ASUU have lost public sympathy

Do Nigerians know these ASUU lecturers are still being paid or will still receive their full salaries even while on strike?

Who would lose in all these?
STUDENTS

If during the strike the lecturers used it to work on and improve on their curriculum, then it may not be total loss for students as they will get updated information
What do u do for a living?
Re: ASUU To Hold Emergency Meeting On Thursday. Strike To Be Likely Called Off by haslaw(m): 7:04pm On Oct 11, 2022
OgbeniOja1:

Stop hallucinating. If you go on strike again the following will happen to ASUU

1) ASUU will be viewed as a lawless organisation and subsequently deregistered.
2) ASUU exco would be arrested and prosecuted for contempt of court.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU To Hold Emergency Meeting On Thursday. Strike To Be Likely Called Off by Cmanforall: 7:04pm On Oct 11, 2022
HeroicMeastro:

What do u do for a living?
Why the question?
Re: ASUU To Hold Emergency Meeting On Thursday. Strike To Be Likely Called Off by tunwumi: 7:06pm On Oct 11, 2022
OkpaNsukkaisBae:
So FG wan pay dem 8months salary?

I'm not sure of this. If you read the statement you will see that they used the word agrees not FG has ordered the payment. Someone that agrees can disagree

2 Likes

Re: ASUU To Hold Emergency Meeting On Thursday. Strike To Be Likely Called Off by frank14011991(m): 7:07pm On Oct 11, 2022
For agreeing to pay the 8 months salary,they didn't work for, APC lost my vote

5 Likes

Re: ASUU To Hold Emergency Meeting On Thursday. Strike To Be Likely Called Off by IamDietiesGod: 7:07pm On Oct 11, 2022
Firstly, remove the use of that adverb "likely" that only give probability and not certainty because they "will" , that's certainty, they don't have a choice or an option.

Secondly, the emergency is just a show or play to gallery, the matter has already been decided. Who is deceiving who.

Thirdly, the witholding of salaries during the strike has been a gimmick and an envisaged strategy to bring ASUU on their knees. See how it was listed like it is a kind of gift, blessings, something new or kind of fresh and a favor. Although it can be counted as favor as per they didn't fully worked for it.

Fourthly, how is this deal different from what they have always being PROMISED but always refused.

Fifth, it safe to say they just rubished and wasted the students' time, resources, and mental stability.

Conclusively, as FG run ASUU street, Both ASUU and FG run the students wayo. Which brings me to this question, what is the usefulness of docile and toothless (dog) NANS?.

Lastly, my condolence goes to students and their parents. May ASUU and FG never happened to u guys again.

5 Likes

Re: ASUU To Hold Emergency Meeting On Thursday. Strike To Be Likely Called Off by JJuanMiguel: 7:16pm On Oct 11, 2022
OgbeniOja1:
Do you know what's in the signed agreement?
I don't think fg will agree to pay the 8 months in full after the court has ordered ASUU to resume.

1 Like

Re: ASUU To Hold Emergency Meeting On Thursday. Strike To Be Likely Called Off by tuzle(m): 7:16pm On Oct 11, 2022
My own is they should not strike for the next 10years if they don't want songo and ogun combination to deal with them.
Re: ASUU To Hold Emergency Meeting On Thursday. Strike To Be Likely Called Off by donforeign: 7:18pm On Oct 11, 2022
Una wan call strike off so students go enter school and no go fit vote for obi .. we know d tricks

1 Like

Re: ASUU To Hold Emergency Meeting On Thursday. Strike To Be Likely Called Off by Doyou2019: 7:19pm On Oct 11, 2022
fredoooooo:
Useless opposition political tools ....
You all keep sgouting federal government, now the truth is reviewed... las las all of una go get sense

I just no understand why Tinubidiots are such stupid fools. Look at this E-rat here, who is nothing in terms of substance and value, calling learned Professors in the land 'Useless'.

Na wa oo.
Re: ASUU To Hold Emergency Meeting On Thursday. Strike To Be Likely Called Off by Auskyd(m): 7:25pm On Oct 11, 2022
post=117476350:
ASUU don lule.
A BIG shame on ASUU.

Gbamsolutely!
You've said it all.

That's the word on everyone's lips now.
ASUU don lule

I used to wonder why people always threw shades at you. I think I know why now. Smh

1 Like

Re: ASUU To Hold Emergency Meeting On Thursday. Strike To Be Likely Called Off by backnbeta(f): 7:29pm On Oct 11, 2022
Ritualist22:

The painful part is that fg will pay ASUU their 8months salary, just imagine the nonsense? Free money after doing nothing and making students suffer, some might even use the money to travel out of the country
It's not as simple as you guys think but let's leave it at that undecided
Re: ASUU To Hold Emergency Meeting On Thursday. Strike To Be Likely Called Off by IPG25(m): 7:35pm On Oct 11, 2022
Finally TNKGOD
Re: ASUU To Hold Emergency Meeting On Thursday. Strike To Be Likely Called Off by heysquare(m): 7:37pm On Oct 11, 2022
NANS supposed to sue FG for paying them the salaries after they waisted the whole session. The rule of No work no pay should be applied

2 Likes

Re: ASUU To Hold Emergency Meeting On Thursday. Strike To Be Likely Called Off by enlat2: 7:37pm On Oct 11, 2022
Flamzey00:
Make the strike never end Oooo. My neighbor wey I don Dey knack never carry belle yet. Plz adjust resumption until August next year 2024 abeg
you try my boss, keep it up pls
Re: ASUU To Hold Emergency Meeting On Thursday. Strike To Be Likely Called Off by Ritualist22: 7:38pm On Oct 11, 2022
backnbeta:

It's not as simple as you guys think but let's leave it at that undecided
If fg doesn't pay them the arrears they'll go on strike again, they've already said this call off is only temporary
Re: ASUU To Hold Emergency Meeting On Thursday. Strike To Be Likely Called Off by Ritualist22: 7:40pm On Oct 11, 2022
JJuanMiguel:

Do you know what's in the signed agreement?
I don't think fg will agree to pay the 8 months in full after the court has ordered ASUU to resume.
Should fg even pay them atal? Is that not wickedness, if fg gives them shishi then they should also give students free semester without school fees

1 Like

Re: ASUU To Hold Emergency Meeting On Thursday. Strike To Be Likely Called Off by fredoooooo: 7:41pm On Oct 11, 2022
Doyou2019:

I just no understand why Tinubidiots are such stupid fools. Look at this E-rat here, who is nothing in terms of substance and value, calling learned Professors in the land 'Useless'.

Na wa oo.
Wee you and ya stoopees lerned professors keep kwayet. Another stoppeed Bush bay is here to cry. I ko get time o , you go just wail and cry till death...
Re: ASUU To Hold Emergency Meeting On Thursday. Strike To Be Likely Called Off by Elsueno: 7:42pm On Oct 11, 2022
The only LOOSERS HERE ARE the students

ASUU vacationed for good 8 months & they would get paid freely 4 it....I assure U, highest na 2024 B4 they go on another strike...This is not a prediction but FACT...... This administration is d most incompetent & financially unconscious in d history of Nigeria.....They can't even stick to Thier own laws.... Metcchw

1 Like

Re: ASUU To Hold Emergency Meeting On Thursday. Strike To Be Likely Called Off by Menclothing: 7:44pm On Oct 11, 2022
For 20yrs ASUU strike yearly and still dont get what they strike for why waste student time

Wicked lecturers

No work no pay is what i will sign

2 Likes

Re: ASUU To Hold Emergency Meeting On Thursday. Strike To Be Likely Called Off by TheAlchemist: 7:46pm On Oct 11, 2022
Stomach Infrastructure Strike... the ultimate losers are the students.
Re: ASUU To Hold Emergency Meeting On Thursday. Strike To Be Likely Called Off by TrueNigerian300: 7:47pm On Oct 11, 2022
kingi777:
I'm happy that the 3 likely presidential successor- Obi, Atiku and Tinubu are more celebral and free than the present President. A President that only visits military and paramilitary graduations but hardly visit any university as a Visitor but rather sends representatives. Find it difficult to sit with Professors and intellectuals to discuss Education and its values. If he had shown interest, theses strikes wouldn't have lingered for too long. May God give Nigeria vibrant leaders.

You have a point Nigerians elected someone that does not care about anything but himself. Buhari must be a very selfish human being who only care about what he can benefit from.
Re: ASUU To Hold Emergency Meeting On Thursday. Strike To Be Likely Called Off by s4short: 7:52pm On Oct 11, 2022
But why on Earth would FG agree to pay these people for neglecting their duties and wasting students time, I thought Buhari would stand firm and do the right thing, people can't abandon their duties for 9 months and be rewarded with a largess. Buhari has failed us

2 Likes

Re: ASUU To Hold Emergency Meeting On Thursday. Strike To Be Likely Called Off by Nobody: 7:56pm On Oct 11, 2022
The begining of the end

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Private School Proprietors Throng NAPPS Over FG Planned Remuneration, Commend VP / 11-yr-old Wins 16th Spelling Bee Competition / What Was Your Worst Subject In Secondary School?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.