Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:48 AM

Your Eureka Moments - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Your Eureka Moments (3239 Views)

Pics: Moments of a Programmer's Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Eureka Moments by Nobody: 11:23am On Aug 17, 2011
I don't know where's the best place to start this thread so i though maybe i should check on programmers because it seems the area of I.T is the best place for ideas and innovation in the 21st century. What i mean by Eureka is an interjection used to celebrate a discovery. grin

My Eureka moment came when i realized that a business model can be built around info networking just the way social networking is being championed by Facebook, Myspace, Google Plus and the likes. Then i moved on and started working on the idea.

Can you share your Eureka moment with us?
Re: Your Eureka Moments by farouqzaib: 11:51am On Aug 17, 2011
This is a great one. Well I don't really have one but I'll love guys to contribute. I'll like to hear what they have to say and learn form 'em.
Re: Your Eureka Moments by Nobody: 11:53am On Aug 17, 2011
^^^ wow! You sure sound like a great person. A smart person is always eager to learn That i guess is why we're all here. Maybe not all everybody.
Re: Your Eureka Moments by Coldish: 12:02pm On Aug 17, 2011
Hmm nice one. My eureka moment happened a month ago when I realised that an OS can be made with web technologies and like the OP, work is in progress.
Re: Your Eureka Moments by Nobody: 12:04pm On Aug 17, 2011
@ Coldish I wish you all the best. grin
Re: Your Eureka Moments by Coldish: 1:24pm On Aug 17, 2011
Thanks my bro in codes. Wish u d best too.
Re: Your Eureka Moments by Nobody: 1:29pm On Aug 17, 2011
Brother in codes, lol! grin

Any other brother out there wants to share something for the benefit of other brothers in codes?
Re: Your Eureka Moments by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 1:33pm On Aug 22, 2011
no eureka moments for me here, but good to know u guys are having it all the same
Re: Your Eureka Moments by Nobody: 1:39pm On Aug 22, 2011
lagerwhenindoubt:

no eureka moments for me here, but good to know u guys are having it all the same
Oh no! You must have one, Dream big bro!
Re: Your Eureka Moments by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 1:50pm On Aug 22, 2011
Brand_new:

Oh no! You must have one, Dream big bro!

I do Dream Big, I wake up and realize that someone has already dreamed my Big dream - so i tend to stick with what works most times and it has not been bad really smiley I think you are either born with Innovation and Creativity or you are around people who are. It is not easy to spring a Eureka moment just like that
Re: Your Eureka Moments by Nobody: 1:55pm On Aug 22, 2011
^^^^ You're right, It's not easy but i guess it stems out of constant pondering on getting solutions to a problem. Finding a solutions to such problems is what it's all about. If you find an acceptable solution to a widespread problem, then you're one step closer to living a dream.
Re: Your Eureka Moments by NumberOne2(m): 3:47pm On Aug 23, 2011
Mine was a few months back, when I realized that I could sell apps with recharge vouchers rather than shortcodes. It was a relief cos those shortcodes were too damn expensive.
Re: Your Eureka Moments by Mobinga: 1:05am On Aug 24, 2011
Instance of an eureka moment, when I discovered php angry
Re: Your Eureka Moments by sweetpawn1: 12:24am On Aug 29, 2011
Nice thread!
I have had many euruka monents.
My most memorable are when I made my first game, FlashQuiz. Then my next was when I made my bedroom light go on at the sound of my voice when I used my mic and pc. There have been many in between but the one I fancy the most is when I made my first mobile app that allowed voice messaging over the net. Had to abandon the project when I saw that the cost of sending voice mails with the app cost more than normal phone call and not all phones support it.
Hope to find my next best euruka soon!
Re: Your Eureka Moments by Andrew3(m): 4:54pm On Oct 12, 2011
My eureka momet was 2 years ago, i was always intimidated that the Rims's crypto algorithm cannot be decoded nor reversed, I was told its an alien code
But smart bb hackers like dm3 though they seem to have an insider, were the first to reset the sim security algo. I looked into it with success and ended up decyrpting what am supposing to be protecting. Almost put me in trouble but later resulted in a great promotion, Now am among the staff securing the OS7.
Re: Your Eureka Moments by moderatorr: 5:22pm On Oct 12, 2011
when i discovered cake! A web project that took me 7 months to do with php, i did it in 5 days with cake!

Eureka! My head touched ceiling!

For instance this line
$this->Model->uploadAll();
did what i previously did with 76 lines of code!
Eureka moments?
I've had many of them recently. So much that if i have to rename my self i'll call myself mr. Eureka!
Re: Your Eureka Moments by mccn2020: 5:43pm On Oct 12, 2011
Surviving and Excelling after Losing your Job
After graduating from college with a degree in civil engineering, I got my first job working for an oil servicing company in July of 1993. I was told by my fellow workers statements such as this is a life time position, a recession proof job, or you will never be laid off. Unfortunately for me my secure job only lasted two years before I was laid off. After getting over the shock of losing my job, I learned that no job is permanent because management will do what is necessary to keep the company profitable. To make matters worse, the economy of the country is not getting any better. I do not wish even my enemy to have the same haroowing experience like i did.
What is your advise to so many people in paid employment today? Let other benefit that is why am sharing this experience to let you know that no job is entirely secure. Share your experience if any.
Re: Your Eureka Moments by kaboninc(m): 5:44pm On Oct 12, 2011
No people, check this link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coding. It will answer the OP's question.
Re: Your Eureka Moments by kaboninc(m): 5:46pm On Oct 12, 2011
Before any body kill me, IT WAS A MISTAKE OOOOOOO. IT WASN'T MEANT FOR THIS THREAD!
Re: Your Eureka Moments by dhtml1(m): 6:09pm On Oct 12, 2011
When my first big-tyme proposal was approved - except that i was duped on my very first job then. . .since then, i apply caution like BAT-MAN!
Re: Your Eureka Moments by MMM2(m): 8:04pm On Oct 12, 2011
Re: Your Eureka Moments by dhtml1(m): 8:16pm On Oct 12, 2011
kaboninc:

No people, check this link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coding. It will answer the OP's question.
Eeeek! This guy should be hung, i meant what the fuc k? is he a retar d? What arrrrant nonsense??
[button]Click here to rread more[/button]
Re: Your Eureka Moments by dhtml1(m): 8:18pm On Oct 12, 2011
kaboninc:

Before any body kill me, IT WAS A MISTAKE OOOOOOO. IT WASN'T MEANT FOR THIS THREAD!
Ah, just saw that, well, nobody will kill you, the guys here are normally gentle - unlike the religious
board where you can get thrown out (or possibly e-hunged and crucified if possible)
Re: Your Eureka Moments by IbroSaunks(m): 9:39pm On Oct 12, 2011
well i haven't had any major eureka moments, as im still a coder in training, hopefully ill have many as i start my final yr project soon,
Re: Your Eureka Moments by dhtml1(m): 10:02pm On Oct 12, 2011
^^^You might do something fantastic like: Write a project that crashes your supervisor's laptop. . .
Re: Your Eureka Moments by IbroSaunks(m): 8:46am On Oct 13, 2011
dhtml .:

^^^You might do something fantastic like: Write a project that crashes your supervisor's laptop. . .
grin grin grin
sadly i can't, they practically pushed a topic to me,
Re: Your Eureka Moments by Maximip(m): 9:12am On Oct 13, 2011
Mobinga:

Instance of an eureka moment, when I discovered php angry
Many, that is the first that came to mind though.

Also when I learnt how to use functions. Aggressively looking for new moment.
Re: Your Eureka Moments by kampusafr(m): 10:27am On Oct 13, 2011
I used to think am a programmer but with what you guys are mentioning,
Check africanmobileapps.com for mobile apps competition. I think the NERDS cheesy here will do well with such competition.

(1) (Reply)

Web Applications Are Not The Way Out / Anyone Interested In Having A Peer-to-peer Script Or Custom Made Website ? / Download Free Project Source Codes And Materials From Projectbasket

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.