Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,767 members, 7,827,845 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:47 PM

Nigeriasat-2 Goes Into Orbit Today - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Nigeriasat-2 Goes Into Orbit Today (476 Views)

New Orbit Products & Services (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeriasat-2 Goes Into Orbit Today by baskem(f): 11:46am On Aug 17, 2011
TWO of Nigeria’s satellites, NigeriaSat-2 and NigeriaSat-X, will by 8.00 a.m. today lift up from the launch pad of Russian satellite launch service provider, Dnepr, and begin the rocket speed journey to orbit.

From there, both satellites will beam back images and services to earth. The satellites, according to Surrey Space Technology Limited UK, have successfully completed pre-launch tests and have been integrated with a Dnepr launch vehicle in Russia.

In a statement issued in London and obtained by The Guardian, Surrey, which manufactured the satellites, noted: “NigeriaSat-2, one of the most advanced Earth observation small satellites ever to be launched, will lift off from Yasny in southern Russia on 17 August, together with NigeriaSat-X, which was built under a training and development programme. “Designed and assembled at SSTL in Guildford, the satellites will provide the Nigerian National Space Research and Development Agency (NASRDA) and the Disaster Monitoring Constellation (DMC) with very high resolution imaging capability. The highly agile NigeriaSat-2 is based on the latest SSTL 300 platform and will deliver multiple viewing modes to a maximum 2.5m panchromatic (black and white) ground sample distance (GSD) and 5.0m multi-spectral (colour) GSD across a 20km swath width.

Read more »
Re: Nigeriasat-2 Goes Into Orbit Today by yaris(m): 11:52am On Aug 17, 2011
i pray this one will work, on like the one b4 that was a sham.
Re: Nigeriasat-2 Goes Into Orbit Today by webprince(m): 11:57am On Aug 17, 2011
Amen o!
Re: Nigeriasat-2 Goes Into Orbit Today by ekel101: 1:35pm On Aug 17, 2011
Good, i just hope they dont sell it again like they sold Nigcomsat1 , they will come to tell us it has lost in space. Another way of ripping us off
Re: Nigeriasat-2 Goes Into Orbit Today by webprince(m): 9:40pm On Aug 17, 2011
ekel101:

Good, i just hope they dont sell it again like they sold Nigcomsat1 , they will come to tell us it has lost in space. Another way of ripping us off
SOLD? I thought that was just rumour?

(1) (Reply)

We Buy Condemned Or Used Batteries / I Need To Buy/instal Radio Communication On A Car To Cover At Least 10km / Brand New Iphone4 (32gb) Colour White For Sale-n125k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.