Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,217 members, 7,811,603 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:23 PM

Customs Hands Over 86 Impounded Drones To Navy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Customs Hands Over 86 Impounded Drones To Navy (27762 Views)

Drones To Detect Terrorists To Be Made In Ogun State / 24 Hours After Launch, Bello Ambassadors Gets Over 86,000 Members / Nigerian Customs Hands Over 6 Mine-resistant Military Vehicles To US Govt (Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Customs Hands Over 86 Impounded Drones To Navy by seunlayi(m): 6:40am On Oct 12, 2022
The Nigeria Customs Service (NCS), on Tuesday, handed over 86 units of forfeited drones to the Nigerian Navy in Abuja.

Presenting the drones, the Comptroller, NCS, Federal Capital Territory Command, Suleiman Bomoi, said the drones were intercepted and seized at the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport Abuja for lack of End User certificates.

He said the End User Certificate which is issued by the Office of the National Security Adviser (ONSA) was a requirement for purchase and import of the drones and other security items into the country.

https://leadership.ng/customs-hands-over-86-impounded-drones-to-navy/

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Customs Hands Over 86 Impounded Drones To Navy by Nobody: 6:42am On Oct 12, 2022
sad cool

2 Likes

Re: Customs Hands Over 86 Impounded Drones To Navy by Nobody: 6:42am On Oct 12, 2022
Cool

11 Likes

Re: Customs Hands Over 86 Impounded Drones To Navy by Switruth: 6:45am On Oct 12, 2022
seunlayi:
The Nigeria Customs Service (NCS), on Tuesday, handed over 86 units of forfeited drones to the Nigerian Navy in Abuja.

Presenting the drones, the Comptroller, NCS, Federal Capital Territory Command, Suleiman Bomoi, said the drones were intercepted and seized at the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport Abuja for lack of End User certificates.

He said the End User Certificate which is issued by the Office of the National Security Adviser (ONSA) was a requirement for purchase and import of the drones and other security items into the country.

https://leadership.ng/customs-hands-over-86-impounded-drones-to-navy/
pure nonsense

57 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Customs Hands Over 86 Impounded Drones To Navy by nairalee(m): 6:48am On Oct 12, 2022
So my government does nothing for me. They don't even create a conducive learning environment for me. If I go out of my way to invent a drone I will still go back to it to get a license.

Instead of them to come and beg me to teach them, they'll now seize my drone. Nice one!

90 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Customs Hands Over 86 Impounded Drones To Navy by Hienna1: 6:48am On Oct 12, 2022
Impounded drones for Nigeria navy undecided undecided give that to the police,navy needs advance drones
Not that toy or events drones

81 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Customs Hands Over 86 Impounded Drones To Navy by oyeb15: 6:48am On Oct 12, 2022
Navy go sell them. Our armed forces are managing every war so that it will last for decades and the budget will keep coming in.

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: Customs Hands Over 86 Impounded Drones To Navy by Nbote(m): 6:48am On Oct 12, 2022
And they will hand it over to the nation's enemies in turn.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Customs Hands Over 86 Impounded Drones To Navy by Eno01: 6:48am On Oct 12, 2022
They will dash Boko Haram

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Customs Hands Over 86 Impounded Drones To Navy by Chinkos99(m): 6:48am On Oct 12, 2022
But why where the drones impounded, those are high tech machines , by the way thats good to hand over better than burning it like the Navy did yesterday on an illegal oil tanker.

4 Likes

Re: Customs Hands Over 86 Impounded Drones To Navy by BouquiLake: 6:49am On Oct 12, 2022

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Customs Hands Over 86 Impounded Drones To Navy by ntyce(m): 6:50am On Oct 12, 2022
Why were the seized items not destroyed or auctioned as usual?

4 Likes

Re: Customs Hands Over 86 Impounded Drones To Navy by AliyuMahdi9: 6:50am On Oct 12, 2022
Hmmmmmmmmm
Re: Customs Hands Over 86 Impounded Drones To Navy by Creamypie(m): 6:50am On Oct 12, 2022
Y seize them?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Customs Hands Over 86 Impounded Drones To Navy by Racoon(m): 6:50am On Oct 12, 2022
Stuffs being used for artificial intelligence & security monitoring? Meanwhile, terrorists will import their weapons with ease along the northern borders

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: Customs Hands Over 86 Impounded Drones To Navy by chimauga(m): 6:51am On Oct 12, 2022
Drone? Abi na oil vessel sneaking into Nigeria to steal oil ?
Re: Customs Hands Over 86 Impounded Drones To Navy by FREEMADNESS: 6:51am On Oct 12, 2022
So because of end user certificate na him dem take seize person drones worth millions.

I am very sure money has been allocated to the Nigerian Navy to aquire these drones b4 now.

Money don enta pocket, custom give through pass so dat the goal go easy 4 Dem.

WIN WIN FOR NIGERIAN NAVY AND CUSTOM

7 Likes

Re: Customs Hands Over 86 Impounded Drones To Navy by tsephanyah(f): 6:51am On Oct 12, 2022
grin
Re: Customs Hands Over 86 Impounded Drones To Navy by lordprogress: 6:51am On Oct 12, 2022
No wonder the drone we dey buy from AliExpress nor dey ever come

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Customs Hands Over 86 Impounded Drones To Navy by johnjay4u2u(m): 6:51am On Oct 12, 2022
Air force would have been better.

But wait o, no be the simple drones boys dey use take pictures for parties?

Naija for show

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Customs Hands Over 86 Impounded Drones To Navy by Tboy222: 6:51am On Oct 12, 2022
Good, the navy now has more resources added to their assets to combat crime.
Re: Customs Hands Over 86 Impounded Drones To Navy by MRNIGERDoxx(m): 6:51am On Oct 12, 2022
Why not tell the owners to go get the certificates of the drones ?

Why seize them and hand over to the navy?

This is Ridiculous.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Customs Hands Over 86 Impounded Drones To Navy by Kaybaba5(m): 6:52am On Oct 12, 2022
Good ones from our custom.....

1 Like

Re: Customs Hands Over 86 Impounded Drones To Navy by ceejayluv(m): 6:52am On Oct 12, 2022
Come on, why seize RC quadcopters..... They're merely toys in the drone spectrum.

5 Likes

Re: Customs Hands Over 86 Impounded Drones To Navy by Guide777(m): 6:54am On Oct 12, 2022
This is why Security disaster continues unabated and the bandits will continue having a field day because the Agencies stalls all alternative efforts to checkmate those bandits in the forests..Who doesnt know that With drones, the Bandits and the terrorists will be pinpointed and smoked out of their hiding places?

3 Likes

Re: Customs Hands Over 86 Impounded Drones To Navy by Tboymessiah(m): 6:54am On Oct 12, 2022
NasoLifeBe
Re: Customs Hands Over 86 Impounded Drones To Navy by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 6:55am On Oct 12, 2022
BouquiLake:
Why Navy and not Air Force?

Wrong question. Why should the drones be impounded in the first place?

11 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Timi Frank Reveals 'How Oshiomhole Collected $50m From APC Aspirants' / UK Meeting: Aggrieved PDP Governors Demand Tinubu's Support In Five States / APC: Kyari Is Acting National Chairman, Fuanter Acting National Secretary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.