Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,364 members, 7,815,778 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:10 PM

Account Of Stewardship & Request For An Opportunity To Make More Impact: Hon. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Account Of Stewardship & Request For An Opportunity To Make More Impact: Hon. (132 Views)

Account Of Stewardship & Request For An Opportunity To Make More Impact: Hon. / Garba Shehu Attacks The Guardian Editorial On Buhari’s Stewardship / Sanwo-olu Gives Stewardship, Lists Achievement In 100 Days (details) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Account Of Stewardship & Request For An Opportunity To Make More Impact: Hon. by Adedeji8323: 1:47pm On Oct 12, 2022
To The Constituents,
Sagamu 1 State Constituency,
Ọfin Sagamu.
Dear Sir/Ma
ACCOUNT OF STEWARDSHIP & REQUEST FOR AN OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE MORE IMPACT

About this time 4 years ago, we kicked off the campaign for my election into the office as the member representing the good people of Sagamu 1 State Constituency at the Ogun State House of Assembly. It was an hectic one but by the support of God and you my constituents, we won massively in 9 out of the 10 wards that makes up the constituency.

After the inauguration of the 9th Assembly, I was elected by my peers as the Deputy Majority Leader of the OGHA and I later became the Deputy Leader which gave me ample opportunity and privilege to make solid representation on behalf of my people.

Knowing full well that the primary duty of a legislator is to make laws for good governance and carry out oversight functions, I had with the support of my colleagues being able to either sponsored or co-sponsored several bills & motions among which are:
~ A bill for a law to establish the Ogun State Public Complaints & Anti-corruption Commission law & for other related matters
~ A bill for a law to amend the Ogun State Fiscal Responsibility Commission & for other related matters
~ Ogun State Security Network Agency bill
~ A bill for a law to make provision for the OGHA Legislative Funds Management and other matters connected therewith
~ A bill for a law to amend the Ogun State Public Procurement law
~ Motion for the incorporation of the local security bodies like Vigilantes, Àgbẹ́kọ̀yà etc into the State Security Architecture
~ Motion on the need for the state government to procure fire engines for each of the divisional/zonal fire stations across the state
~A bill for the Public-Private Partnership law and other related matters
~ A bill for a law to provide for an approved method for the selection, appointment & recognition of Obas, Chiefs & Traditional Councils in Ogun State
~ The Ogun state audit 2019
~ The Ogun State Sports Council law among others.

Aside that, despite the fact that it's not the duty of a legislator to carry out capital projects and that neither was I given any fund from the government coffers to do so, I with the support of God had been able to carry out several capital projects across the 10 wards in the constituency from my personal purse.
Some of these are several Water Projects, renovation of Classrooms, donation of brand new Generators, procurement of Tools and Equipments for several artisans, Grading of many roads, provision of market security Lights backed with Generator, donation of 9 inches Blocks to different schools, organisations & market, repair of drainage, culverts etc.

I've also been able to use my good office to facilitate the employment of several constituents into the state civil service, teaching hospital, Ogun-Teach etc.
I've also facilitated either the total or partial rehabilitation of several roads in Sagamu LG, clearing of blocked water channels in various communities and wards.

I've extended hands of love to the widows, the elderlies, party members, schools, health centres, religious bodies and leaders etc.

My Constituents, as our elders says "ARÍṢE LARÍKÀ, I had passed through many corridors, done a lot, acquired loads of experience that's needed for making laws, facilitating projects, navigating the murky waters of governance and politics all in order to serve you better. I'm using this opportunity to appreciate you all for your support and to ask for your renewed support to make SHITTA CONTINUA a reality.

Kindly support us LẸ́Ẹ̀KAN SÍI to MAKE MORE IMPACT by voting APC all the way.

I remain your humble servant
ABDUL Bashir Oladunjoye
(SEGUN SHITTA)

Re: Account Of Stewardship & Request For An Opportunity To Make More Impact: Hon. by Nobody: 3:34pm On Oct 12, 2022
Wow

(1) (Reply)

Keyamo Explains Reason For Delay In Take-off Of APC Presidential Campaign / Osinbajo: A Leading Voice For The Girl-child & Women In A Man’s World - Beckley / Peter Obi Will Save Nigeria Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.