Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,174 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:06 AM

What Should Be Next ? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / What Should Be Next ? (481 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Should Be Next ? by UrFears: 8:15pm On Oct 12, 2022
Hi Bosses, so I have been into product design for a while now, and I'm thinking of what next.

As someone that wants to build a career around tech, I really need advice.

I have Japa in mind through Study routes, while I have a B.sc in Computer Science, I don't really want to major in it, Since I'm not strong in programming, DSA, etc, and I don't know my career prospects with an M.Sc in Computer Science (as this isn't really a speciality) ..

I have been making researches on schools in USA, Canada, & UK, Most don't offer M.sc in UI/UX Design, though I mostly see for Human - Computer interaction (HCI), which is actually almost the same as Ui/Ux. But Having a M.sc in HCI, I don't feel it might really worth it.

So, I'm thinking of moving into Management , Product/Project Management to be Precise, I feel courses in management have more job Prospects, and in the long run, I would actually love to manage devs & designers in building products, from start to finish. I'd like to move into IT consultancy at the peak of my career.

Right now, I'm currently taking a course on Frontend development, I'm not really going in-depth, I just want to be able to code-up my Basic UIs, and I believe a knowledge in programming would help in my product management too in the long run

@tensazangetsu20, @qtguru, @guontey, @truthsayer009, @Gerrard59, @airsaylongcome, @DrLevi, @lordally, @Ayinke93,
Re: What Should Be Next ? by ZiiVentures: 8:35pm On Oct 12, 2022
Msc Cyber security or Msc Machine Learning would be better for you

1 Like

Re: What Should Be Next ? by qtguru(m): 8:52pm On Oct 12, 2022
UrFears:
Hi Bosses, so I have been into product design for a while now, and I'm thinking of what next.

I have Japa in mind through Study routes, while I have a B.sc in Computer Science, I don't really want to major in it, Since I'm not strong in programming, DSA, etc, and I don't know my career prospects with an M.Sc in Computer Science (as this isn't really a speciality) ..

I have been making researches on schools in USA, Canada, & UK, Most don't offer M.sc in UI/UX Design, though I mostly see for Human - Computer interaction (HCI), which is actually almost the same as Ui/Ux. But Having a M.sc in HCI, I don't feel it might really worth it.

So, I'm thinking of moving into Management , Product/Project Management to be Precise, I feel courses in management have more job Prospects, and in the long run, I would actually love to manage devs & designers in building products, from start to finish. I'd like to move into IT consultancy at the peak of my career.

Right now, I'm currently taking a course on Frontend development, I'm not really going in-depth, I just want to be able to code-up my Basic UIs, and I believe a knowledge in programming would help in my product management too in the long run

@tensazangetsu20, @qtguru, @guontey, @truthsayer009, @Gerrard59, @airsaylongcome, @DrLevi, @lordally, @Ayinke93,

You can enter management and still occupy Product Design as an added skill, career wise or freelance market, it's needed. You can try Business Information Systems, it's a combination of Business and Tech, that is what I studied in Middlesex.

First do the study and don't worry about what career, you are more than capable for any role, as long as you can prove competency. All the best

1 Like

Re: What Should Be Next ? by UrFears: 6:02pm On Oct 13, 2022
qtguru:

You can enter management and still occupy Product Design as an added skill, career wise or freelance market, it's needed. You can try Business Information Systems, it's a combination of Business and Tech, that is what I studied in Middlesex.

First do the study and don't worry about what career, you are more than capable for any role, as long as you can prove competency. All the best

This looks more like it. Thank you Boss, I'd research on the course
Re: What Should Be Next ? by Immunity1555: 6:19pm On Oct 13, 2022
UrFears:

CHECK THIS YOURSELF:
LEARN TECH SKILLS TODAY:

You will be assign to a well-trained and experienced Facilitators and Mentors that would guide you from one Stage to Another.
You will be working with real-life projects, you get paid while learning the skills, you will also be linked with international career packaging and work with Global start-up.

We have the following learning paths that you can choose: Project Management, Frontend Development/Mobile App, Backend,Ui/Ux, Digital Marketing, Graphic Design, Devops/Cloud Dev, MySQL, PHP, python and many more.

Payments options are also available for your choice.

To learn more and register,click this link:https://www.bincom.net/globaltech
(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)
Re: What Should Be Next ? by Guontey(m): 1:52pm On Oct 14, 2022
UrFears:

I think you have it pretty much figured out. If you aren't that interested in programming, you can still work in tech for sure. There are still tons of opportunities and your background in computer science gives you the needed advantage. You could focus on being a product manager, program manager, project manager, etc. Those are skills in tech that sometimes require less coding experience. Nevertheless, having some coding experience may put your in better stead.

If I were you, I'd focus on getting that masters in the US or Canada, and not the UK. There's no question you are automatically exposed to many opportunities if you go to these countries to pursue graduate studies. You have to be aware there's a lot more competition however, and you should be ready to distinguish yourself. Obtaining some external certifications may help here with distinguishing yourself. If you are interested in product management for example, look into some of the certifications offered by The Product School, or try to get some Google stuff.

And yeah, please take the front-end coding seriously, even if you wont' use it. A program manager with good knowledge of front-end coding is better than one without.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

. / Website Development Training. / Web Design And Development Port Harcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.