Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,694 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:53 PM

I Heard ASUU Isn't Calling Off Strike. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Heard ASUU Isn't Calling Off Strike. (2457 Views)

Different People's Reactions On ASUU Calling Off The Strike #yanbaba Meme / ASUU Speaks On Calling Off Strike / ASUU Calls Off Strike: See Funny Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Heard ASUU Isn't Calling Off Strike. by Stargurl20(f): 6:27am On Oct 13, 2022
Good morning, guys. I heard all of these are just charade that ASUU isn't calling off strike. Pls, how true is this?
Re: I Heard ASUU Isn't Calling Off Strike. by Legendforte: 6:53am On Oct 13, 2022
Yes they won't. We Nigerians will do that for them.
Re: I Heard ASUU Isn't Calling Off Strike. by Eastcoastboy(m): 7:12am On Oct 13, 2022
The decision has been made by majority of the schools in favour of the strike been called off.

The only standing block now is the agreement which the Federal Government and ASUU are to draft so the both parties will sign. Before that ASUU NEC will now deliberate on what's drafted then decide to sign it before calling off the strike.

Mind you if FG does not pay them full or half of their salary ASUU will still drag this on.

2 Likes

Re: I Heard ASUU Isn't Calling Off Strike. by Graceunlimitedd(m): 7:28am On Oct 13, 2022
Eastcoastboy:
The decision has been made by majority of the school's in favour of the strike been called off.

The only standing block now is the agreement which the Federal Government and ASUU are to draft so the both parties will sign. Before that ASUU NEC will now deliberate on what's drafted then decide to sign it before calling off the strike.

Mind you if FG does not pay them full or half of their salary ASUU will still drag this on.
thanks so much for this

1 Like

Re: I Heard ASUU Isn't Calling Off Strike. by Eastcoastboy(m): 8:10am On Oct 13, 2022
Graceunlimitedd:
thanks so much for this

You're welcome.
Re: I Heard ASUU Isn't Calling Off Strike. by Kingsmm55: 8:19am On Oct 13, 2022
If ASUU called off the strike based on empty agreement reached with horrible politicians... History and posterity will never forgive them because they had the opportunity to put things right.....this regime WL do anything human possible to deceive ASUU..then after election ASUU WL see the Truth and embark on another strike... Pls they should hold on a little bit let federal government begin to implement the agreement to a reasonable extent.... Otherwise they have wasted time unnecessary with zero success....

3 Likes

Re: I Heard ASUU Isn't Calling Off Strike. by Mammangaddafi(m): 8:54am On Oct 13, 2022
Kingsmm55:
If ASUU called off the strike based on empty agreement reached with horrible politicians... History and posterity will never forgive them because they had the opportunity to put things right.....this regime WL do anything human possible to deceive ASUU..then after election ASUU WL see the Truth and embark on another strike... Pls they should hold on a little bit let federal government begin to implement the agreement to a reasonable extent.... Otherwise they have wasted time unnecessary with zero success....
Hold on a little bit after 8months?...Lol. if you're a student and you are not ready to resume yet, you can hold on till next year. Some students only have less than a semester to round up.

4 Likes

Re: I Heard ASUU Isn't Calling Off Strike. by falcon01: 9:06am On Oct 13, 2022
Mammangaddafi:
Hold on a little bit after 8months?...Lol. if you're a student and you are not ready to resume yet, you can hold on till next year. Some students only have less than a semester to round up.
That's the problem of Nigerians, They can't be inconvenient in order for a problem to be solved! Sacrifices must be made.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Heard ASUU Isn't Calling Off Strike. by Maynmann: 9:07am On Oct 13, 2022
Legendforte:
Yes they won't. We Nigerians will do that for them.

The “Nigerians” will also go and teach at school.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Heard ASUU Isn't Calling Off Strike. by LordIsaac(m): 9:19am On Oct 13, 2022
falcon01:
That's the problem of Nigerians, They can't be inconvenient in order for a problem to be solved! Sacrifices must be made.
After 8months! Abeg shift.

4 Likes

Re: I Heard ASUU Isn't Calling Off Strike. by Mammangaddafi(m): 9:33am On Oct 13, 2022
falcon01:
8months isn't enough inconvenience already?

4 Likes

Re: I Heard ASUU Isn't Calling Off Strike. by Passionnn: 9:37am On Oct 13, 2022
Though there is a lot of pressure from parents and students to call off the strike, doing so now when the major issues that led to the strike have not been fully addressed will make them appear stupid.

But somehow, due to gagging from government, they will call it off. They haven't received pay for more than half a year and the economic situation is worsening. In the past 3 days the price of rice has increased by 20 percent
Re: I Heard ASUU Isn't Calling Off Strike. by JOACHINpedro: 10:29am On Oct 13, 2022
Kingsmm55:
You made sense
Re: I Heard ASUU Isn't Calling Off Strike. by sekem: 10:41am On Oct 13, 2022
Mammangaddafi:

Don't mind that lazy student.

He thinks the world is going to wait for him until he probably comes out of his slumber in 2023 to resume school.

5 Likes

Re: I Heard ASUU Isn't Calling Off Strike. by Abrahamweb(m): 1:45pm On Oct 13, 2022
So we pay you 5k to teach us how to scam people, I'm I the only one seeing the irony there?�������

3 Likes

Re: I Heard ASUU Isn't Calling Off Strike. by Shapeaso: 2:35pm On Oct 13, 2022
ASUU won't call off strike because they're fighting for their pockets.

2 Likes

Re: I Heard ASUU Isn't Calling Off Strike. by Legendforte: 2:48pm On Oct 13, 2022
Maynmann:

The “Nigerians” will also go and teach at school.
Why not? Are you waiting for Indians. We have unemployed and underemployed masses that will do that. Merci.
Re: I Heard ASUU Isn't Calling Off Strike. by SanctifiedSista(f): 3:10pm On Oct 13, 2022
The strike will be called off unfortunately we won't have enough lecturers anymore as some have travelled out or gone to private uni

Re: I Heard ASUU Isn't Calling Off Strike. by Maynmann: 4:20pm On Oct 13, 2022
Legendforte:

Why not? Are you waiting for Indians. We have unemployed and underemployed masses that will do that. Merci.

Yes the masses will go teach in school, bwahahahah.

(1) (Reply)

The Dark Side Of Student Loans In Nigeria: Unraveling The Hidden Consequences / Hurry! Uniabuja Remedial Forms On Closing Sale. / Ui Admission 2012/2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.