Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,140 members, 7,860,096 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 05:02 AM

President Buhari Confers National Honors On CGC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari Confers National Honors On CGC (202 Views)

Buhari Confers National Award On Osimhen, Davido, Uzodinma, 336 Others / President Buhari Arrives Guinea Bissau, Receives National Honors Award (Photos) / Buhari Confers National Service Award on Wike (Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

President Buhari Confers National Honors On CGC by Godspowerpro: 10:33am On Oct 13, 2022
President Buhari Confers National Honors on CGC, 3 Other Members of Customs Management

www.trekafrica.net

President Muhammadu Buhari has conferred the National honours of the Commander of the Order of the Federal Republic (CFR) on Comptroller General of Customs, Colonel Hameed Ali (rtd) and three senior Customs Officers of his Management Team.

In a press statement obtained by the National Association of Online Security News Publishers, NAOSNP stated that, "The Comptroller General of Customs, Colonel Hameed Ali (rtd) and three senior Customs Officers of his Management Team have been conferred with National honours by President Muhammadu Buhari at the 2022 National Honour Award Investiture in Abuja on Tuesday, 11th October 2022."

According to the statement, "Col. Hameed Ali (rtd) was conferred the Commander of the Order of the Federal Republic while the Deputy Comptroller General of Customs in Charge Tariff and Trade Department Talatu Mairo Isa was bestowed with Member of the Order of the Federal Republic."

In the same vein, Deputy Comptroller General of Customs Elthon Edorhe in charge Enforcement Inspection and Investigation Department and Assistant Comptroller General of Customs Adewale Adeniyi Commandant Nigeria Customs Command and Staff College, Gwagwalada were both decorated with Members of the Order of the Federal Republic.

Subsequently, in a Pep talk organised to commemorate the outstanding National Merit Award at the Customs Headquarters in Abuja, the Commander, Training and Doctrine Command, DCG Abdullahi Babani who spoke on the importance of Service, congratulated the CGC and the three other awardees.

According to Babani, the reward for hard work is intrinsically linked with outstanding performance. This the Service has experienced through the conferring of the National Award on the CGC and others. He however admonished all Customs Officers to follow their footprint to further move the Service to greater heights.

In response, the CGC thanked the Officers for the commemorative event and dedicated the award received to all Nigeria Customs Service Operatives" I have been leading the affairs of the Service for over seven years with the core mandate to reform, restructure and raise revenue, I thank you all for making this mandate a reality, I could not have achieved this, without your support and effort, even though there is room for improvement as the result for hard work is more work, I encourage you to continue to work hard and live up to expectation, I hereby dedicate this award to all Officers of the Nigeria Customs Service."

All departmental heads present at the short commemoration event also showered congratulatory messages to the CGC and Senior Customs Officers for the deserving National Merit Awards.

(1) (Reply)

ASUU Strike, University Tuition And The Reality Of The "Reality" / Why I Talk About Elections And Politics Revd Fr Kelvin Ugwu / Old Interview Of El Rufia Explaining That SSS Detained Him On Orders From Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.