Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,737 members, 7,809,826 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:35 PM

. - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / . (3245 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by Nobody: 3:49pm On Aug 23, 2007
@akolawole

did you get my mail??
i sent ages ago

anyways I got it. The advice came in handy, many thanks

though i had to postpone my leave due to work will go soon thought

@funkybaby

sorry to butt in on your thread
but seeing as 'we' are the only females here (most of the time)

SHOPPING tips please wink

where can I still get good discounts( i know summer is rounding up)
I heard there are some bargain shops outside london
I may go as far as manchester to see a friend so
name all the places you know with some travel links
I intend to hit the ground , Shopping grin
Re: . by Akolawole(m): 5:04pm On Aug 23, 2007
@ Rikkyjen

Why i no go run?

I am very very much happy here.

Please go and read today's comments in Gunners trend then you will understand cry cry cry

Did you get the stuff i sent to you in Yankee?

@Salsera

I got the mail and i was so happy.

I thought i replied the mail sef.

I hope you've "blast" those "yeye" people wey dey yarn nonsense in those days

@Funky

Me sef go call you
Re: . by funkybaby(f): 6:26pm On Aug 23, 2007
salsera:

@akolawole

did you get my mail??
i sent ages ago

anyways I got it. The advice came in handy, many thanks

though i had to postpone my leave due to work will go soon thought

@funkybaby

sorry to butt in on your thread
but seeing as 'we' are the only females here (most of the time)

SHOPPING tips please wink

where can I still get good discounts( i know summer is rounding up)
I heard there are some bargain shops outside london
I may go as far as manchester to see a friend so
name all the places you know with some travel links
I intend to hit the ground , Shopping grin

hmmm. i think i remember you much earlier posts. Congrats o! na only akolawole you tell the good news abi??

yeah. most shops are almost done with their sales. but you can hurry down to the below listed shops as soon as you arrive:

1. Mkone, their sales is still on and they've got some very good bargains.

2. Next Clearance Stores I am not too sure if they have any in manchester or london but i am very sure of birmingham. Good bargains as well. But i will advice you to go there early morning as them dey open before people come in to get all the good stuff wink there is a direct train i think from london.

3. New Look. I love this store. Nice things. Their sales is over, but if you enter their stores, at the ''back back'', you will still find some things on sale on their rack. You have to be patient though. Lots of nice things hidden between some ugly stuff.

4. Marks and Spencer. Very good for underwear and lingerie. You will get some ''buy one-get, another half price''.

5. Debenhams. They claimed they had sales but all they brought out were the ugly stuff. But you can get nice men shirts there at bargain price. I think the 'Thomas Nash' section.

5.Bon Marche. I think their sales is still on or you have to get to the 'back' of the stores. Get loads of ''mumsie'' and ''grandma'' clothes there.

6. Q S . Sales are still going on.

7. TM Lewin stores have their shirt prices reduced. Not bad at all. Ends at the end of this month i think.

8. Finally, primark, primark and primark grin grin grin They have started 'reductions'. So there are loads of £1 stuff. Very good to 'share' to people when you get to naija. Their clothes are not bad though. They just imitate the designs of the big stores. For them, sales no dey end. Na all through the year grin with £20, bag go full, hand sef go dey pain you to carry am grin

i hope you find my tips helpful. Personally, i shop anywhere i find myself. There is pratically no shopping centre that i have been to that i do not buy something, no matter how small. Strafford's shopping centre aint bad. Birmingham's massive and soooooooooo many stores. The one at Luton is alrite. Hemel Hempstead, okay. If i notice any more stores, i'll let you know.

p.s. keep all your receipts. some stores do VAT rebate. if you intend spending lots of money on shopping, you can get some of the moeny back at the end of your vacation. smiley
Re: . by mrpataki(m): 8:11pm On Aug 23, 2007
Please do let me know what day place and time you are settling for soonest.

Thanks
Re: . by Nobody: 9:17pm On Aug 23, 2007
@funkybaby
i don know u no go fail me

I'll start planning my shopping spree

Thanks

yeah i send thanks to akolawole cos he sent me mails after i posted. it came in handy

but through i learnt loads from the thread cos i actually read everything before posting

thanks to ALL Mrpataki,VOR,Disguy,you,and all the rest
Re: . by VOR(m): 11:47pm On Aug 23, 2007
Funky,Mr P and Ako

I would suggest that if you guys want to meet on Sunday go ahead
and do so I really can't promise I would be able to make it regardless
of where it is. Although if you do finalise arrangements for this day do keep me in the
know just in case I find a way. September would be better for me
though I appreciate Mr P would have returned by then.

So Funky who do you support?I hope say na Man U. I was at the inter game
at Old Trafford earlier this month. It is near impossible to get tickets for most
premiership games unless you are a club member of some sort. If you want to see
a live game and aren't too fussy a lower league team would be easier. For example
I often watch my local club Crystal Palace. Though there ground is no theatre of dreams,
more like a den of nightmares, it makes an interesting afternoon out.
Re: . by Akolawole(m): 12:03am On Aug 24, 2007
mrpataki:

Please do let me know what day place and time you are settling for soonest.
Thanks

I have called you but the phone is switched off.

Not fixed the venue yet, i am looking for most convenience place for everyone.

I know you can get a direct train from your end to Liverpool street, then take just one bus to south east OR drop at Stratford, link up with underground to emerge at elephant & Castle.

@Funkybabe
Should get a train directly to London bridge.

@All

I have 3 places in mind, restaurant though.
Old Kent road, Walworth road or Coldhabour lane(Brixton). Nice Naija restaurants.

@Salsera
Dont mind Funky jare grin
To God be the total glory jare.

@VOR
If you cant make it no wahala but i will keep the bill for you o. grin
Re: . by VOR(m): 12:07am On Aug 24, 2007
Ako

I found out you are a Chelsea fan. Na true?
Believe I know go foot ya bill. You better approach
Abramorich for a loan. grin grin.

If you guys do decide on somewhere for Sunday
let me know. I think your e-mail addie is here somewhere
so I will e-mail you for the details.
Re: . by Akolawole(m): 12:11am On Aug 24, 2007
@VOR

I am Chelsean to the very core.

Remember we are having our title back BY GOD'S GRACE.

@Funkybabe

What team are you or Oga dey support?
Re: . by VOR(m): 12:44am On Aug 24, 2007
@Salsera

Are you in the UK?
Re: . by funkybaby(f): 8:14am On Aug 24, 2007
VOR:

Funky,Mr P and Ako

I would suggest that if you guys want to meet on Sunday go ahead
and do so I really can't promise I would be able to make it regardless
of where it is. Although if you do finalise arrangements for this day do keep me in the
know just in case I find a way. September would be better for me
though I appreciate Mr P would have returned by then.

So Funky who do you support?I hope say na Manchester United. I was at the inter game
at Old Trafford earlier this month. It is near impossible to get tickets for most
premiership games unless you are a club member of some sort. If you want to see
a live game and aren't too fussy a lower league team would be easier. For example
I often watch my local club Crystal Palace. Though there ground is no theatre of dreams,
more like a den of nightmares, it makes an interesting afternoon out.

@VOR

yes o! i have no choice but to be a manchester united fan. Lower league wont do o! it just has to be a major team at the premiership. are tickets that hard to get?? what about getting them or ebay or one of those online auction sites??
Please, do try and make it on sunday.

Akolawole:

@VOR

I am Chelsean to the very core.

Remember we are having our title back BY GOD'S GRACE.

@Funkybabe

What team are you or Oga dey support?

@akolawole

i used to be madly in love with arsenal. sad

but after i met my Oga, i had no choice but to follow manchester united. wink he wont hear of both of us supporting different teams.

the loaction you've chosen for the meeting is just perfect. that way none of us will have to travel too far. thanks. smiley

got your text. i'll call you later and explain.
Re: . by Nobody: 4:12pm On Aug 24, 2007
@VOR

not yet but september
wink
Re: . by mrpataki(m): 8:18pm On Aug 24, 2007
@ Akolawole, Londoncool, VOR,

Funkybaby and I will be in London tomorrow. So if we can fix the meeting for tomorrow, it will be great. Her schedule too is tight for Sunday.

Sunday is tight for me. I have to attend two churches on Sunday in London. Whereon I would return to Essex on Sunday too.
Though I would be in the UK sometime December. Thats the earliest time I can return to the UK for now.

Many thanks.
Re: . by Akolawole(m): 9:18am On Aug 25, 2007
mrpataki:

@ Akolawole, Londoncool, VOR,

Funkybaby and I will be in London tomorrow. So if we can fix the meeting for tomorrow, it will be great. Her schedule too is tight for Sunday.

Sunday is tight for me. I have to attend two churches on Sunday in London. Whereon I would return to Essex on Sunday too.
Though I would be in the UK sometime December. Thats the earliest time I can return to the UK for now.

Many thanks.

Just reading this now(Saturday morning).

QUOTE FROM JACKAL
London get-together?
Its been tried before and it failed.
Holla at me if u succeed in this one. Tongue
Re: . by funkybaby(f): 1:37pm On Aug 25, 2007
@akolawole

sorry. i have to be with my oga tomorrow. i dont want him to give me yellow card o ! grin

i have been trying to call you. i left two voicemail messages on your phone. one last night and another this afternoon.

i am presently in mitcham which as i understand is not far from croydon.

i will be seeing mrpataki in the next few hours.

if we three cant meet today, then i guess we will have to arrange a seperate meeting with londoncool, VOR and the both of us.

i will be free on monday(bank holiday).

i don try, make the other guys squeeze out time from their tight schedule as well. i understand that everybody is busy.
Re: . by Akolawole(m): 2:34am On Aug 28, 2007
@VOR

When exactly are you going to send the mail?

Na wa for ya.
Re: . by rikkyjen(m): 7:31pm On Aug 28, 2007
Akola, i got the stuff thanks man. I sent you an email acknowledging i got the stuff. All of 'em be blueray sha, so e get as he be. But thanks i appreciate it gannnnnnnnnnnn.

So becos of yabs and offtopic you come run comot. I dont like that excuse at all. Afterall no be today yabs don dey for sports thread.

You better hit me up with some nice and better explanations! wink angry angry grin cheesy
Re: . by kitaun(m): 7:53pm On Aug 28, 2007
na wa o shocked

una no even wan invite we Ajegunle warriors shocked grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Abuja City – An Overview Of Nigeria’s Capital / I Have Been Given 250k To Travel Should I Invest It Here Or Travel Out To Uk / Is Road Travel To Ghana Ok?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.