Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,761 members, 7,817,104 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:45 AM

Kidnappers Make Contact With Family Of Chelsea Midfielder John Obi Mikel. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Kidnappers Make Contact With Family Of Chelsea Midfielder John Obi Mikel. (659 Views)

False Alarm: Family Of 6 Escape Death / Kidnappers Shoot Man After Collecting N30m Ransom / FCMB-Lekki Robbery: Family Of The Fish Hawker Mourns (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Kidnappers Make Contact With Family Of Chelsea Midfielder John Obi Mikel. by fabolakers(m): 5:12pm On Aug 17, 2011
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2011/08/17/2623556/kidnappers-make-contact-with-family-of-chelsea-midfielder

The Nigeria international’s father, Michael Obi, was abducted on Friday evening and it is now claimed that they have been contacted via two phone calls by the captors.
The kidnappers of Michael Obi, the father of Chelsea midfielder John Obi Mikel, have made contact with the family.

The midfielder’s father has not been seen since Friday evening, but the family have now received two phone calls from the abductors.
Despite finding out the news of his father going missing on Saturday, Mikel played in Sunday’s 0-0 draw for Chelsea away at Stoke.

A family source told KickOffNigeria.com: “They called mummy [Mikel’s mother] and told her that we should not bother looking for Daddy in Jos because he has been taken to Lagos."

A second call from the abductors was also made to the family revealing the location of the car which Mr. Obi was driving when he was taken.

But Tony Obi, the eldest of the Obi children, refused to say where the car had been found.

He said: “Yes, we have found the car. I can't say anything more for now.”

Mikel had earlier made an emotional plea on TV appealing to his father’s abductors for his safe return.

"I've always tried to help the country, this is the time for the country to help me," Mikel told Sky Sports News.

"Whoever knows where my dad is should please contact me."

(1) (Reply)

Boko Haram Sect Not A Terrorist Organisation — Expert / 10 Fulani Robbers Arrested In Delta State / CRIMINALS:: Two EFCC Staff Jailed Over N100, 000 Bribe:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.