Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,730 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:14 PM

Re: Release Of Nnamdi Kanu & Negetive Implications - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Re: Release Of Nnamdi Kanu & Negetive Implications (368 Views)

There Are Ongoing Efforts To Secure Release Of Nnamdi Kanu – Deputy Speaker / Lord Lugard With Obed-Edom Chukwuemeka Azikiwe, Father Of Nnamdi Azikiwe / Leaked Whereabouts Of Nnamdi Kanu Has Vindicated Our Position, Says IPOB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Release Of Nnamdi Kanu & Negetive Implications by Marilyn101: 5:29pm On Oct 14, 2022
FOR 2023 ELECTION IN THE SOUTH EAST.

May I refer to the judgment of the court of appeal sitting in Abuja, which was delivered yesterday the 13th of Oct 2022. May I also refer to news in the media credited to your office, in which you clarified conflicting issues arising from the said judgment to the effect that, the judgment merely discharged Nnamdi Kalu from the charges against him but did not acquit him thereof.

The implication of your position which I align with, in the interest of 2023 election and security of south east is that other options available to the FG are on the table for prompt action. In my view and humbly so, I suggest a quick move by the federal government to continue his detention, apply for stay of execution of the judgment of the court of appeal and file an appeal at the supreme Court, this will enable his continued detention legal and would reasonably guarantee peace and security in the south east towards the 2023 election.

Your position on other issues predating Kanu's rendition "on the basis of which Kanu jumped bail" which remained "valid issues for judicial determination."

Within the time of his incarceration there has been relative peace in the south east and the region has embraced a democratic purpose.

Regrettably the situation at hand following the discharge of his charges will only seek to sabotage the goodwill of the upcoming elections.

I am convinced that the position of the court of appeal will be covenient for the people of the south east and is not healthy for our democracy.

His notoriety on Nigerian elections which is not favorable for the people of the south east is a serious concern. As an Igbo leader it will be great disservice to my people if I don't speak up to protect the integrity of our goodwill towards democratic leadership. I am of the strong position that upholding the decision of the court of appeal would cause serious consequences of insecurity as evidenced in other countries of the world where political prisoners were instruments of chaos and violent riots.

In view of the above, may I therefore solicit to the federal government, the Federal attorney General and minister for justice to explore the appropriate legal options to ensure the safety of democracy in the South East.

Yours TRULY

RT. Hon. Emeka Ihedioha CON KSC.

The Post doesn't necessarily mean poster shares similar opinion to author
Marilyn and employers hereby lift a disclaimer notice on this Sponsored post.

Re: Re: Release Of Nnamdi Kanu & Negetive Implications by Conrod: 5:58pm On Oct 14, 2022
Another KUNLE claiming to be ihedioha,...cheap blackmailer. Be bold for once ( by getting out of your cocoon) and answering your name.

1 Like

Re: Re: Release Of Nnamdi Kanu & Negetive Implications by Racoon(m): 6:03pm On Oct 14, 2022
If bandits, killer fulani and BH terrorists are being not only released, but also fetted by the govt with sumptuous meals, foreign education and executive privileges, then I see no reason why the likes of Kanu & Sunday Igboho should also not enjoy same.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Re: Release Of Nnamdi Kanu & Negetive Implications by gidgiddy: 6:11pm On Oct 14, 2022
Conrod:
Another KUNLE claiming to be ihedioha,...cheap blackmailer.

So you noticed.

1 Like

Re: Re: Release Of Nnamdi Kanu & Negetive Implications by Marilyn101: 8:42pm On Oct 14, 2022
gidgiddy:

So you noticed.

Nnamdi Kanu's eyes has seen. GOD be with him. Amen.

(1) (Reply)

Arrest Claims - El Rufai Sued SSS But Not Peter Obi / Organised 419: The People Ruining Your Future In APC & PDP Not Not Up To 20,000 / UK PM Has Resigned!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.