Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,039 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:29 AM

Fraud: Double Certificates Emerges From Town Planning Office Of Ikpoba Okha LGC - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Fraud: Double Certificates Emerges From Town Planning Office Of Ikpoba Okha LGC (332 Views)

Flooding: Edo Govt Alerts Residents In Etsako East, Esan South East, Ikpoba Okha / Water: Esan West LGC Boss Approves The Rehabilitation Of Abandoned Ukpenu Commun / Wake And See Governor Come To Our Help @ Amufi Ikpoba-okha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Fraud: Double Certificates Emerges From Town Planning Office Of Ikpoba Okha LGC by Easy4real10(m): 3:59am On Oct 15, 2022
…Victim seeks Govt, Police Command, Relevant Authorities' Invention

By Simeon Osajie

In order to forestall an act or conduct likely to cause breach of peace in Egbiken Village in Ikpoba-Okha local government area of Edo State, Barr. Emmanuel Olayiwola Afolabi have on behalf of Mr. Osayande Ukpebor called on the Edo State government  through the Hon. Commissioner, Local Government and Chieftaincy Affairs, Edo State Police Command and other relevant authorities’ intervention on an alleged fraud in Ikpoba Okha local government council as staff where found involved on double certificates for street naming.

In a letter addressed to the Chairman/Head of Service, Ikpoba-Okha Local Government Council, Idogbo, Edo State, Barr. Afolabi stated that some staff of the local government council connived with one Mr. Esebanme to re-registered Ukpebor Osayande Street which was duly approved and registered on the 6th of October, 2021 to Mr. Ukpebor Osayande.

Mr. Osayande Ukpebor name has appeared on Google Map of the local government area, an indication that he has perfected the processes of getting the street registered under his name and as such is the rightful owner of the  Ukpebor Osayande Street in Egbiken Village in the local government area.

Part of the letter reads, “URGENT NEED TO NOTIFY YOU OF THE UNLAWFUL ACTIVITIES OF ONE MR. ESEBANME WHO OBTAINED A DOUBLE CERTIFICATE OF STREET NAMING WITHOUT PASSING THE DUE PROCESS.

“NEED FOR YOU TO RERIEVE SUCH CERTIFICATE FROM HIM AS THE STREET HAS ALREADY BEEN NAME AND DUE CERTIFICATE GIVEN TO MR. UKPEBOR OSAYANDE.

“We act as Solicitors to Mr. Ukpebor Osayande of Egbiken Village in Ikpoba-Okha local government area of Edo State (hereinafter referred to as “Our Client” on whose behalf and clear instructions we forward this letter to your esteemed office.

“It is our brief that our client was the first person to build his house in the present Ukpebor Osayande Street. That our client started the process of getting approval for the street name since 26th of May, 2017 and it was fully perfected on the 6th day of October, 2021. After which our client’s street sign post was placed at the beginning, middle and end of the street as authorized by the local government council.

“Our client informed us that he was shocked when he saw that the street sign post was removed on the 10th day of November, 2021. That when our client inquired about of who must have done such a barbaric action; he discovered that one Mr. Christopher Esebanme who recently packed into his house in the street was the one who removed the sign post.

“Our client told us that he approached your office to lay a complain on the issue and found out that it was some of your staff (Ikpoba Okha LGC) that re-registered the street in the name of Mr. Esebanme and even gave him a certificate of street naming on a street that is already in existence with a certificate of street naming. A copy of the certificate of street naming is hereby attached as your perusal.

“It is on this note that we write to you sir, sincerely craving your indulgence to call Mr. Esebanme to order to also forestall and act or conduct likely to cause breach of peace in the said street. We also demand that the certificate of street naming given to Mr. Esebanme be withdrawn forthwith as it is illegally obtained.”

Investigations by MeritNews further revealed that Mr. Ukpebor Osayande wrote additional petition dated 29th September, 2022 addressed to the Chairman/HOS of Ikpoba Okha local government council, Idogbo, Edo State notify the chairman/HOS on the unlawful act of Mrs. Jossy Duze who issued a double certificates of street naming to Mr. Esebanme without passing through due process.

According to Mr. Osayande, “I started the process of getting approval for the street in Egbiken Village since 26th May, 2017 and it was fully perfected by the Ikpoba Okha local government council on the 6th of October, 2021 with the sum of N70,000. The said N70,000 was itemized on the Certificate issued and given to me by the council staff.

“After my payment of N70,000, my sign post was issued to me bearing Ukpebor Osayande Street. The street which is 290.01m long was approved with site location describing the length of the street.  I placed at the beginning, middle and end of the street as authorized by the local government council. I was shocked when I saw that my street sign post was removed from my street, on the 10th day of November, 2021.

“When I inquired to know who could have done such an act, I discovered that it was Mr. Esebanme who recently build and packed into his house in my street, with the assistance of the town planning department of Ikpoba Okha local government council, re-registered the street in the name of Mr. Esebanme Avenue and gave him a Certificate of street naming on the street that is already in existence called Ukpebor Osayande street, which has since been showing on the Google Map of Ikpoba Okha LGA and around the world.

“Since the decision of the elders of the community, Mr. Esebanme still keep on removing my sign post from the street, bringing the youth of Etete Community to fight me,” he alleged.

When contacted, the Edionwere of  Egbiken Community, Pa Napoleon Edogiawere collaborated Mr. Osayande’s claimed.

He said, “Mr. Osayande is the rightful person who first built and packed into his street  and as such embarked on the process of seeking approval from Ikpbo Okha local government council and was approved according to the documents he presented to me and my elders, and we also went as far to the council to verify the true copy of the documents, And our findings revealed that he has done and paid the necessary amount required to the council.

“Mr. Ukpebor Osayande is the rightful over of the street. He bought the land from me through my son. I told Mr. Esebanme to stop harassing him as he cannot lay claimed to the street. I am ready and my elders and ready too to defend this to the end. Mr. Esebanme should please allow peace reign in my community”, Pa Edogiawere said.

All efforts made by MeritNews to reach out to Mr. Esebanme to get his reaction proved abortive as his GSM phone number was switch off.

(1) (Reply)

Please How To Unblock My Late Dad Glo Line / World Cup Live Stream Watch Online Free 2022 Tv Channel / Which Colour Of My Pants Do You Prefer?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.