Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,485 members, 7,826,833 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 09:18 PM

Former Senior Banker Becomes Cleaner After Relocating To The United Kingdom.[wat - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Former Senior Banker Becomes Cleaner After Relocating To The United Kingdom.[wat (4079 Views)

“Micheal Has Gone Missing”- US Wife Cries Out After Relocating Her Naija Husband / I Hope You Will Work As My Cleaner After Coming Out Of Jail” David Blast Hushpup / 'I Am Not A Banker': AY Replies Fan Who Asked Why He Doesn't Dress His Age (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Former Senior Banker Becomes Cleaner After Relocating To The United Kingdom.[wat by uchebest20(m): 8:08am On Oct 15, 2022

Former senior banker becomes cleaner after relocating to the United Kingdom.[Watch]

After going to the United Kingdom, a former top officer of a Nigerian bank has described the type of work she ended up performing.

The woman identified as Floxy Obi announced on social media that she is now employed as a housekeeper.

She took to TikTok and posted a video of herself cleaning a living room while in uniform, remarking that the reality overseas is very different from what most people expect.

Floxy pitied herself and said that she has a masters degree but that did not still make it any easier for her to secure a white collar job.

She then recalled how she used to issue queries to junior bankers when she was still working in Nigeria.

The ex-banker further urged the Nigerian government to mke the country progressive so that no citizen would have reasons to travel out.

Sharing the video, Floxy captioned; ”UK will humble you. Masters degree holder indeed.

“Hahahaha laughing in Swahili ��� see Ex-banker wey sabi give query anyhow. Nigerian govt; right all the wrongs and we promise we will come back to our dear country.”

See the video below:
https://metastar.com.ng/2022/10/15/former-senior-banker-becomes-cleaner-after-relocating-to-the-united-kingdom-watch/

1 Like

Re: Former Senior Banker Becomes Cleaner After Relocating To The United Kingdom.[wat by HRprof: 9:00am On Oct 15, 2022
The more we look the more we see
Banker in Nigeria cleaner in UK
wink wink

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Former Senior Banker Becomes Cleaner After Relocating To The United Kingdom.[wat by Nobody: 9:00am On Oct 15, 2022
She didn't travel to UK to establish a business like most white immigrants come to Africa and invest.Rather,she went there to seek a greener pastures.She should also know that Nigeria degree is not tenable for a white collar job abroad.It is what you can do.Had it been she is a tech expert with a practical skill,she will find a good job.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Former Senior Banker Becomes Cleaner After Relocating To The United Kingdom.[wat by jedisco(m): 9:16am On Oct 15, 2022
jedisco:

Average backward mentality. Looking down on people's jobs. To them, that is 'enjoyment'

The lady in that pic is a care worker not a cleaner. Irrespective, I have much more respect for her than a thieving PMB or BAT who frolics abroad on the livelihood of millions back home.

The lady who cleaned an apartment I lived in some years back drove a 2017 suv, went on holidays to nice locations at least 2x a year, had her mortgage well paid into and her kids going through UNI at no expense to her. She bothered not about expenses for her health needs which are freely served by the national service (where she was free to put in formal complaints as she saw fit). She had her pension pot accurals and worried not about her aged parents who were being housed and cared for by the government.
That is what I call enjoyment. A nation where most have a good life and a good chance at success.

Before you engage me further... understand that dignity in labour my overriding principle.

P.s... This is not advising anyone to japa... grow and establish yourself where you see fit

3 Likes

Re: Former Senior Banker Becomes Cleaner After Relocating To The United Kingdom.[wat by Kobicove(m): 10:02am On Oct 15, 2022
I don't believe that this lady was actually a senior professional banker when she was in Nigeria undecided

5 Likes

Re: Former Senior Banker Becomes Cleaner After Relocating To The United Kingdom.[wat by Hypnotise: 11:03am On Oct 15, 2022
What some cleaners or factory workers earn is more than a politician monthly salary

8 Likes

Re: Former Senior Banker Becomes Cleaner After Relocating To The United Kingdom.[wat by MonkeyMods(m): 11:20am On Oct 15, 2022
Come back to Nigeria and we will listen to you
Re: Former Senior Banker Becomes Cleaner After Relocating To The United Kingdom.[wat by ednut1(m): 2:17pm On Oct 15, 2022
What many going to uk don’t understand is if you dont have a skill thats in shortage no company will want to sponsor you when they can easily find alternative’s around. Some part of Banking in Nigeria can be done by any tom dick and harry. If she was a trader, asset/liabilities manager, product manager etc she for find job and sponsor easily.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Former Senior Banker Becomes Cleaner After Relocating To The United Kingdom.[wat by gaby(m): 5:34pm On Oct 15, 2022
Na wa
Re: Former Senior Banker Becomes Cleaner After Relocating To The United Kingdom.[wat by MufasaLion: 5:41pm On Oct 15, 2022
Revolution2022:
She didn't travel to UK to establish a business like most white immigrants come to Africa and invest.Rather,she went there to seek a greener pastures.She should also know that Nigeria degree is not tenable for a white collar job abroad.It is what you can do.Had it been she is a tech expert with a practical skill,she will find a good job.

Yes, you're right. Bunch of them are ignorant and I don't pity them because they chose to be ignorant. Nigerians are lazy when it comes to reading or acquiring knowledge, most especially when it comes to immigration. As long as the visa is easy, they don't care, they'll pay agent and end up becoming modern day slaves abroad.

Most of those going to the UK recently will end up like this or become illegal next 4-5 years, if they couldn't secure job because the UK don't just employ people anyhow. They don't even care if you study in their country. Even the Post Graduate Work Visa is not free, it's £2k. Some will even go over there with kids, hoping to start working once they arrive. Even with the work, they can't earn more than £9/hr and the care sector is becoming saturated now that some would be paid lesser.

I don't pity anyone struggling abroad!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Former Senior Banker Becomes Cleaner After Relocating To The United Kingdom.[wat by andysmith123(m): 5:59pm On Oct 15, 2022
Once she find oyinbo boyfriend, half of her problem don solvegrin

2 Likes

Re: Former Senior Banker Becomes Cleaner After Relocating To The United Kingdom.[wat by pretydiva(f): 6:08pm On Oct 15, 2022
You dey complain, yet you still dey the UK undecidedCome back to Nigeria, then we will take you seriously. I bet the money you earn as a cleaner over there, is way bigger than what you earned back in naija
Re: Former Senior Banker Becomes Cleaner After Relocating To The United Kingdom.[wat by MufasaLion: 6:20pm On Oct 15, 2022
Hypnotise:
What some cleaners or factory workers earn is more than a politician monthly salary

You seem to be among the ignorant folks. You can still be a cleaner with Tier 4 visa, working per time. It's a peanut!

1 Like

Re: Former Senior Banker Becomes Cleaner After Relocating To The United Kingdom.[wat by MufasaLion: 6:22pm On Oct 15, 2022
pretydiva:
You dey complain, yet you still dey the UK undecidedCome back to Nigeria, then we will take you seriously. I bet the money you earn as a cleaner over there, is way bigger than what you earned back in naija

Is she spending the money in Naira? No!

Also, she's not earning as much as she earned when she was in Nigeria.
Re: Former Senior Banker Becomes Cleaner After Relocating To The United Kingdom.[wat by MufasaLion: 6:25pm On Oct 15, 2022
andysmith123:
Once she find oyinbo boyfriend, half of her problem don solvegrin

The white males don't need her for anything.
Re: Former Senior Banker Becomes Cleaner After Relocating To The United Kingdom.[wat by Nobody: 6:33pm On Oct 15, 2022
Omawumi17:
Where do I start from
Its been 2yrs since I graduated from the University but I can't move on cos my school is asking for a huge amount of money for final clearance
After making me to repeat 2 year due to my inability to pay school charges on time
Paying another huge amount of money for my final year project
I manage to graduate but I can't proceed with NYSC cos I needed about a 100k for my final year clearance
I have worked so hard for the past 2 years but I can't raise such amount
Tell me, how do I raise 100k from a salary of 20k as a teacher
Why is life so unfair to some of us
I have tried loan but the interest is mind-blowing
I can't even apply for a better job cos I don't have my certificate
God when
Re: Former Senior Banker Becomes Cleaner After Relocating To The United Kingdom.[wat by Nobody: 12:38am On Oct 16, 2022
wink
Re: Former Senior Banker Becomes Cleaner After Relocating To The United Kingdom.[wat by MarketDispatch: 5:35am On Oct 16, 2022
HRprof:
wink wink

She probably did not migrate legally. If she did, she will get the respective Job relating to her degree.
Re: Former Senior Banker Becomes Cleaner After Relocating To The United Kingdom.[wat by Nairalander248: 7:01am On Oct 16, 2022
The truth is when Obi becomes the Next President, The Japa level will reduced coz Nigeria will be a produce nation not a consuming nation...
Re: Former Senior Banker Becomes Cleaner After Relocating To The United Kingdom.[wat by MufasaLion: 7:14am On Oct 16, 2022
MarketDispatch:

She probably did not migrate legally. If she did, she will get the respective Job relating to her degree.

Lol. You think it's easy to get it? You clearly don't know how the West operates.
Re: Former Senior Banker Becomes Cleaner After Relocating To The United Kingdom.[wat by MarketDispatch: 11:18am On Oct 16, 2022
MufasaLion:

Lol. You think it's easy to get it? You clearly don't know how the West operates.

Tell me more since you know all about west..
Re: Former Senior Banker Becomes Cleaner After Relocating To The United Kingdom.[wat by Gentlechika(m): 1:52pm On Oct 16, 2022
Reality cheeck
Re: Former Senior Banker Becomes Cleaner After Relocating To The United Kingdom.[wat by Cromagnon: 8:18pm On Nov 18, 2022
Hypnotise:
stop lying
Re: Former Senior Banker Becomes Cleaner After Relocating To The United Kingdom.[wat by maziagu: 9:05pm On Nov 18, 2022
Revolution2022 She didn't travel to UK to establish a business like most white immigrants come to Africa and invest.Rather,she went there to seek a greener pastures.She should also know that Nigeria degree is not tenable for a white collar job abroad.It is what you can do.Had it been she is a tech expert with a practical skill,she will find a good job.

Thats true
Re: Former Senior Banker Becomes Cleaner After Relocating To The United Kingdom.[wat by maziagu: 9:12pm On Nov 18, 2022
HRprof :

How?
Re: Former Senior Banker Becomes Cleaner After Relocating To The United Kingdom.[wat by Nobody: 11:01pm On Nov 18, 2022
Oyibo no send una.

Drop your big boy for Naija if you want to relocate otherwise body go tell you.

When I say Im not an abroad freak, people will think it's a consolation sometin.
I only plan on going there for vacation to enjoy myself and come back.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Former Senior Banker Becomes Cleaner After Relocating To The United Kingdom.[wat by Nobody: 11:02pm On Nov 18, 2022
Kobicove:
I don't believe that this lady was actually a senior professional banker when she was in Nigeria undecided

You better believe.
Re: Former Senior Banker Becomes Cleaner After Relocating To The United Kingdom.[wat by Hypnotise: 11:42pm On Nov 18, 2022
Cromagnon:
stop lying
See you
Re: Former Senior Banker Becomes Cleaner After Relocating To The United Kingdom.[wat by Houseofglam7(f): 6:36am On Nov 19, 2022
undecided

(1) (Reply)

Adaeze Igwe Yobo And Son [PHOTOS] / LOL!!!Checkout Rick Ross Dancing Shoki[see PHOTO] / Singer K Michelle Get Her Naked Body Painted By A Male Artist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.