Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,970 members, 7,817,844 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:05 PM

What APC May Face In 2023 Elections — INUWA, Former Katsina SSG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What APC May Face In 2023 Elections — INUWA, Former Katsina SSG (333 Views)

Former Katsina Governor, Shema Dump PDP, Joins APC / What APC May Face In 2023 Elections — INUWA, Former Katsina SSG / States APC May Lose In 2019 - Daily Trust (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What APC May Face In 2023 Elections — INUWA, Former Katsina SSG by HenryThegreat1(m): 8:19am On Oct 15, 2022
The immediate past Secretary to Katsina State Government, Dr. Mustapha Muhammad Inuwa has said that unless drastic measures to address the prevalent insecurity and hunger in the country are taken before the 2023 general elections, the ruling All Progressives Congress APC will suffer worse defeat than the Peoples Democratic Party experienced in 2015.

According to Inuwa, Nigerians, particularly from the Northwest are unhappy with the APC ruling party for the past seven years for failing to meet, in the least, the high expectations of citizens who voted for them against all odds in 2015.

The former SSG who disclosed this in an exclusive interview with Vanguard on Wednesday said the situation is quite unfortunate with cost of living on a steady increase and sources of income diminishing daily. He noted that the situation has made it more difficult for people to fend for themselves and their family.

“I interact with people on a daily basis in my house and in my office. Honestly, people are not happy with APC as a party and government both at state and national level. This is the truth.

I was past Chairman of the APC. I served as secretary to the governor (Aminu Masari) for over seven years. So naturally, I should want APC to succeed but the truth is, it is unfortunate really.

“When APC came in as a government, there were a lot of expectations by the people. In fact, I would say unrealistic expectations. Many people believed that with PDP out and APC in, all problems were considered solved but unfortunately APC as a government experienced a lot of challenges. Some internal, some global, especially issues to do with revenue. We relied largely on what we generated from the sales of oil and the price kept coming down.

“The issue of insecurity also persist especially in Northwest, North Central and to some extent, southern parts of the country. These affected personal commercial activities of our people.

“So honestly, APC was not fortunate. A lot of things turned out contrarily to what people expected. So, people are not happy.

“The life now, almost everything increases by three to four folds when you come to cost of living. Take for instance, the cost of a bag of rice, when we came on board, I think the 50kg bag was sold for about N8,000 per bag but now it is being sold at N33,000 in this area and at about N40,000 in Abuja axis. So, this is the same in almost every aspect.

“The sources of income have also gone down and people are not even getting money to buy things any more. It is one thing for cost of things to be high and people can afford it and it is another thing when things are high and unaffordable. So many people honestly live without food; they can’t take their children to school and can’t attend to their health challenges.

“All our commitments have become in many cases impossible to meet and the issue is even worst especially in this part of the country. In Katsina and other states in the northwest people have lost hope in the government and the security agencies to tackle the situation.

“So, honestly, people are not happy and unless of course something radical, something serious happens especially to do with this issue of insecurity, high cost of living from now till election, it will be extremely difficult for for APC to win.”

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/10/what-apc-may-face-in-2023-elections-inuwa-former-katsina-ssg/
Re: What APC May Face In 2023 Elections — INUWA, Former Katsina SSG by Deltafirstson(m): 8:20am On Oct 15, 2022
Even with Muslim Muslim ticket. Where will apc and Tinubu get their massive votes.
North no is no.

2 Likes

Re: What APC May Face In 2023 Elections — INUWA, Former Katsina SSG by lhordspy: 8:21am On Oct 15, 2022
What is INUWA?

Everybody wants to be heard sha by force.
Re: What APC May Face In 2023 Elections — INUWA, Former Katsina SSG by Timatayo1: 8:26am On Oct 15, 2022
You said it all ... Defeated awaiting Apc come 2023
Re: What APC May Face In 2023 Elections — INUWA, Former Katsina SSG by HenryThegreat1(m): 8:33am On Oct 15, 2022
If core northern states, are rejecting MM ticket, is it we the southern Christian majority should accept it.
God forbid.
Re: What APC May Face In 2023 Elections — INUWA, Former Katsina SSG by Fkmodhi: 8:37am On Oct 15, 2022
HenryThegreat1:
The immediate past Secretary to Katsina State Government, Dr. Mustapha Muhammad Inuwa has said that unless drastic measures to address the prevalent insecurity and hunger in the country are taken before the 2023 general elections, the ruling All Progressives Congress APC will suffer worse defeat than the Peoples Democratic Party experienced in 2015.

According to Inuwa, Nigerians, particularly from the Northwest are unhappy with the APC ruling party for the past seven years for failing to meet, in the least, the high expectations of citizens who voted for them against all odds in 2015.

The former SSG who disclosed this in an exclusive interview with Vanguard on Wednesday said the situation is quite unfortunate with cost of living on a steady increase and sources of income diminishing daily. He noted that the situation has made it more difficult for people to fend for themselves and their family.

“I interact with people on a daily basis in my house and in my office. Honestly, people are not happy with APC as a party and government both at state and national level. This is the truth.

I was past Chairman of the APC. I served as secretary to the governor (Aminu Masari) for over seven years. So naturally, I should want APC to succeed but the truth is, it is unfortunate really.

“When APC came in as a government, there were a lot of expectations by the people. In fact, I would say unrealistic expectations. Many people believed that with PDP out and APC in, all problems were considered solved but unfortunately APC as a government experienced a lot of challenges. Some internal, some global, especially issues to do with revenue. We relied largely on what we generated from the sales of oil and the price kept coming down.

“The issue of insecurity also persist especially in Northwest, North Central and to some extent, southern parts of the country. These affected personal commercial activities of our people.

“So honestly, APC was not fortunate. A lot of things turned out contrarily to what people expected. So, people are not happy.

“The life now, almost everything increases by three to four folds when you come to cost of living. Take for instance, the cost of a bag of rice, when we came on board, I think the 50kg bag was sold for about N8,000 per bag but now it is being sold at N33,000 in this area and at about N40,000 in Abuja axis. So, this is the same in almost every aspect.

“The sources of income have also gone down and people are not even getting money to buy things any more. It is one thing for cost of things to be high and people can afford it and it is another thing when things are high and unaffordable. So many people honestly live without food; they can’t take their children to school and can’t attend to their health challenges.

“All our commitments have become in many cases impossible to meet and the issue is even worst especially in this part of the country. In Katsina and other states in the northwest people have lost hope in the government and the security agencies to tackle the situation.

“So, honestly, people are not happy and unless of course something radical, something serious happens especially to do with this issue of insecurity, high cost of living from now till election, it will be extremely difficult for for APC to win.”

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/10/what-apc-may-face-in-2023-elections-inuwa-former-katsina-ssg/
Our patriotic is still blaming PDP for dis massive increments after 7years of his darling daddy... Though he is still buying bag of rice for 8k sha because d increments no reach there side
Re: What APC May Face In 2023 Elections — INUWA, Former Katsina SSG by Xscape1993(m): 8:58am On Oct 15, 2022
Bye bye to evil party...
Re: What APC May Face In 2023 Elections — INUWA, Former Katsina SSG by Prince111111: 9:05am On Oct 15, 2022
Some sensible ones outside this forum are beginning to see the reality grin

(1) (Reply)

Merchants Of Terror (2): Inside Multi-million Naira Farming Sustaining Nigeria’s / Chinese Transnational Policing Gone Wild Safeguard Defenders 110 Overseas / If You Spell Obi Backwards You Get Ibo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.