Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,981 members, 7,817,896 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:13 PM

He Wants More Children, But He Wouldn't Provide - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / He Wants More Children, But He Wouldn't Provide (1651 Views)

Why Do Poor Parents Have More Children Than Rich Parents? (pictures) / My Brother's Wife Wouldn't Let Their Children Go To School Because Of This / I Told My Husband That I Cheated On Him. Now He Wants A Divorce. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: He Wants More Children, But He Wouldn't Provide by Kobojunkie: 12:09am On Oct 16, 2022
eniolorunfe:
How many children does your sis want? If it’s one then she can consider exiting the marriage, but if she wants more, she can consider his request and strategize on how to get him to provide more since it’s not that the husband is broke. Involving elders in the family that will confront the husband and ask him what his plans are should help. I guess that’s why she informed you.
He doesn't provide for the care of the first one they already have and she can barely afford his care at only 5 years of age. Yet you want her to consider instead how many she would rather have and then reason how she can make a man who already refused to care for the one up till now take care of others... una dey reason these things well at all? undecided

3 Likes

Re: He Wants More Children, But He Wouldn't Provide by injuredman: 3:52am On Oct 16, 2022
Zee0007:
One sided story. No man will love kids and yet not provide for them.

Maybe what he gives might not be much but it not nice to say he doesn't drop anything.

The bold statement is not absolutely true.

Will you also state that no woman that loves kids, and wants to give birth will not care for them?

I have seen both. They are men who just want to procreate but not ready/willing to take financial responsibility.

I know a woman who will do everything to get pregnant. But once baby is born, she leave the baby for her husband. She can't stay back from work one day for the sake of the baby.

Some humans can be weird!
Re: He Wants More Children, But He Wouldn't Provide by ibechris(m): 7:16am On Oct 16, 2022
What are u waiting for.

Go there,pack her things for her. That man is the worst creature on earth.

Any man that can't provide for his family is simply an evil man.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: He Wants More Children, But He Wouldn't Provide by tensazangetsu20(m): 8:41am On Oct 16, 2022
ibechris:
What are u waiting for.

This sort of men are in the majority in Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: He Wants More Children, But He Wouldn't Provide by frozen70(f): 12:17pm On Oct 16, 2022
Dainy1:
To me, I already recommended divorce. What is your own opinion in this matter?

My younger sister opened up on some ugly situation in her marriage and to me it's not acceptable.

Ever since she got married, she provides everything for herself. Including, in pregnancy through delivery, feeding and paying bills. Her son is 5yrs old now. She's responsible for school fees and everything. The husband has been given excuses up and down without providing and supporting. He has a job but he's being manipulative.

He get her pregnant and begin to sweet talk her and wouldn't provide nor support. He wants children, but he wouldn't pay any bills.

Right now, he's pressurizing her for another child or he'll get more children outside their marriage. She's afriad of more responsibilities of having another baby with her husband because she has no job and her business is struggling.

Since her husband is a liability, let her Concentrate on the one she has at the moment till she finds her bearing

If it happens that he want to go and pregnant another woman outside, let him go

After all she has nothing to loose
The man is just milking her while saving money for another woman

Dont be surprise that marriage is not even stable and may hit the rock
Re: He Wants More Children, But He Wouldn't Provide by Dainy1(m): 8:56pm On Oct 16, 2022
ibechris:
What are u waiting for.

The fact that he allowed my sister paid for all the expenses, even in child's birth is the highest form of it.
Re: He Wants More Children, But He Wouldn't Provide by Dainy1(m): 8:57pm On Oct 16, 2022
HarlequinLekex:
Wasn't the taking/sharing of responsibilities talked b4 marriage?
Meaning?
Re: He Wants More Children, But He Wouldn't Provide by Dainy1(m): 8:58pm On Oct 16, 2022
Cutehector:
I feel marriages have outlived its importance in this generation.

Yes. And it's sad
Re: He Wants More Children, But He Wouldn't Provide by Vyolet(f): 9:22pm On Oct 16, 2022
There is no need dragging the issue with him.
She has to be a step ahead of him, get contraceptives and enjoy yourself, if he asks why pregnancy isn’t coming, tell him you do not understand your body.
I can bet he doesn’t have the money to go for any form of fertility checkup.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: He Wants More Children, But He Wouldn't Provide by Saintmary(f): 9:54am On Oct 17, 2022
frozen70:

Since her husband is a liability, let her Concentrate on the one she has at the moment till she finds her bearing

If it happens that he want to go and pregnant another woman outside, let him go

After all she has nothing to loose
The man is just milking her while saving money for another woman

Dont be surprise that marriage is not even stable and may hit the rock

This is deep. Your post is very insightful, the man must have lost his love for the woman and he's only using her as cook, housekeeper, stable sex object, etc

This is not the behavior of a man in love.
Re: He Wants More Children, But He Wouldn't Provide by frozen70(f): 12:18pm On Oct 17, 2022
Saintmary:

This is deep. Your post is very insightful, the man must have lost his love for the woman and he's only using her as cook, housekeeper, stable sex object, etc

This is not the behavior of a man in love.

Thanks dear

It takes madness to correct nonsense
Re: He Wants More Children, But He Wouldn't Provide by Dainy1(m): 5:30pm On Oct 17, 2022
frozen70:

Thanks dear

Serious
Re: He Wants More Children, But He Wouldn't Provide by frozen70(f): 5:41pm On Oct 17, 2022
Dainy1:
Serious

Yeah
Re: He Wants More Children, But He Wouldn't Provide by Geminita1(f): 5:57pm On Oct 17, 2022
Rozross:
It pays to be who you are most times, shebi she was forming good girl that she's independent and it has now backfired,she should not divorce him but keep up with the independent good girl energy. I like myself ehn, God knows i can't stress myself in this life, me that goes to bed 7pm sometimes will now enter husband house to be doing masculine responsibilities, lai lai.

grin
Re: He Wants More Children, But He Wouldn't Provide by GboyegaD(m): 6:02pm On Oct 17, 2022
Dainy1:
I will. I'm just being careful not to scatter everything because I've heard many horrible things that can make me fire him slap if he try to be rude.

I will not suggest facing him. She should open up to your parents or his parents. You are contemporaries and you intervening might lead to greater issues.
Re: He Wants More Children, But He Wouldn't Provide by GboyegaD(m): 6:04pm On Oct 17, 2022
Helpout12345:

It has not gotten to divorce yet. For sure the wife should not get pregnant for another child for now, but not up to divorce.

1. Get elders from your family, probably your dad, to call the husband and discuss the issue

2. If 1 didn't make him sensible, the elder in your family should escalate discussion to his elders, probably his father too.

3. They should make him be a responsible husband and father to his wife and their first child; and watch how it goes for some time.

4. If he gets the message and change, he and his wife can increase the family size.

I fear this might be temporary. I do not know how some men sleep knowing they are not doing as much as they can for their families.

1 Like

Re: He Wants More Children, But He Wouldn't Provide by OgaMadam(f): 7:22pm On Oct 17, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Hope she isn't also covering up other possible abuse in the relationship? undecided

It starts with financial abuse
Re: He Wants More Children, But He Wouldn't Provide by OgaMadam(f): 7:23pm On Oct 17, 2022
Rozross:
I like myself ehn, God knows i can't stress myself in this life, me that goes to bed 7pm sometimes will now enter husband house to be doing masculine responsibilities, lai lai.

I like that
Re: He Wants More Children, But He Wouldn't Provide by Saintmary(f): 7:45pm On Oct 17, 2022
frozen70:

Thanks dear

Yes o

(1) (2) (Reply)

10 Ways To Stop Fighting In A Marriage / One Of The Biggest Problems In Today's Relationships. / I Need A Flat Mate In Port Harcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.