Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,738 members, 7,831,350 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:28 PM

How I Cooked Warri Plantain Peppersoup (ukodo) - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How I Cooked Warri Plantain Peppersoup (ukodo) (39865 Views)

What Type Of Peppersoup Is Your Favourite? (pictures) / Peppersoup: Goatmeat Or Catfish? / My Delicious Unripe Plantain Peppersoup With Goat Meat Recipe (pics & Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Cooked Warri Plantain Peppersoup (ukodo) by Allisgud: 7:48pm On Oct 15, 2022
If u won born twins,u want make ur sperm thickcome get pepper as u dey drop am for the kongo she go dey shout he peppe me just take this for cold weather with big stout grin grin grin grin
Re: How I Cooked Warri Plantain Peppersoup (ukodo) by LOVEGINO(m): 7:53pm On Oct 15, 2022
Shaggyswang2:
I am a warri boy, and I love cooking cheesy

I had been craving for plantain peppersoup and mumsi recently sent me some unripe plantain so I decided to give it a go.

Ingredients:
Red pepper, yellow pepper
Onion
Scent leaves
Old layer chicken
Dried catfish
Round smoked fish
Big crayfish
Ginger
Plantains

Preparation:

Peel plantains and cut each into three. Soak in cold water. Pluck head off all big crawfish. Throw heads of crayfish into a blender with the pepper (red and yellow) and onions. Blend.
Wash chicken and parboil with Benny chicken flavor, maggi, sliced onions, curry, a pinch of salt and a little thyme.

Cooking:

When chicken is well cooked and stock is formed, add in round smoked fish, dried catfish and big crawfish. Let it boil a little while and add the blended pepper paste.
When that boils up start adding your seasoning. For me, well ground ginger, supreme pepper soup spices and maggi naija pot only. The chicken stock brings all the saltiness and flavour you need.
Throw in your plantain and allow to boil for about 20 mins. Slice your scent leaves and put it in. Give it a good mix and you're good to go!
3 kind fishes and chicken for this government shocked gaskiya baba must see this.
Re: How I Cooked Warri Plantain Peppersoup (ukodo) by syntekelite(m): 7:54pm On Oct 15, 2022
Nicepoker:
will you get out from here.

No mind am.. that hin efo riro wey hin wan cook ,all the ingredients wey hin snap go be like 5k something wey na 1k before hin darling daddy carry leg enta villa...yet hin darling daddy dey work... grin

2 Likes

Re: How I Cooked Warri Plantain Peppersoup (ukodo) by BananaPeel(m): 8:00pm On Oct 15, 2022
Shaggyswang2:

I had been craving for plantain peppersoup and mumsi recently sent me some unripe plantain so I decided to give it a go.

Ingredients:
Onion
Scent leaves
Old layer chicken
Dried catfish
Round smoked fish
Big crayfish
Ginger
Plantains

Preparation:

Peel plantains and cut each into three. Soak in cold water. Pluck head off all big crawfish. Throw heads of crayfish into a blender with the pepper (red and yellow) and onions. Blend.
Wash chicken and parboil with Benny chicken flavor, maggi, sliced onions, curry, a pinch of salt and a little thyme.

Cooking:

When chicken is well cooked and stock is formed, add in round smoked fish, dried catfish and big crawfish. Let it boil a little while and add the blended pepper paste.
When that boils up start adding your seasoning. For me, well ground ginger, supreme pepper soup spices and maggi naija pot only. The chicken stock brings all the saltiness and flavour you need.
Throw in your plantain and allow to boil for about 20 mins. Slice your scent leaves and put it in. Give it a good mix and you're good to go!

We don't add curry and thyme for steaming chicken for peppersoup in Warri. Make the pepper soup no get curry or thyme taste. It's called Ukodo.
Re: How I Cooked Warri Plantain Peppersoup (ukodo) by Chopcy29: 8:03pm On Oct 15, 2022
Eww �

This look like my toddlers poop
Re: How I Cooked Warri Plantain Peppersoup (ukodo) by Halimat04(f): 8:33pm On Oct 15, 2022
Abeg make I bring plate?
Re: How I Cooked Warri Plantain Peppersoup (ukodo) by kaludestiny10(m): 9:06pm On Oct 15, 2022
Is red oil not needed in cooking the food?
Shaggyswang2:

Ingredients:
Onion
Scent leaves
Old layer chicken
Dried catfish
Round smoked fish
Big crayfish
Ginger
Plantains

Preparation:

Cooking:

Re: How I Cooked Warri Plantain Peppersoup (ukodo) by ugbanante: 9:16pm On Oct 15, 2022
Bros this plantain face carry pimples oh
Re: How I Cooked Warri Plantain Peppersoup (ukodo) by ufuosman(m): 9:57pm On Oct 15, 2022
Ukodo
Proudly urhobo man grin
Re: How I Cooked Warri Plantain Peppersoup (ukodo) by weljewel: 10:09pm On Oct 15, 2022
Thanks be to God for total freedom from bondage in my family!
Re: How I Cooked Warri Plantain Peppersoup (ukodo) by Mike008(m): 10:28pm On Oct 15, 2022
garriAndsugar:
Nice one bro.. you cook better than channah2 and

You don taste am? LOL
Re: How I Cooked Warri Plantain Peppersoup (ukodo) by candygist: 11:29pm On Oct 15, 2022
brain54:

I think s/s us one of the blessed areas with different foods…

The last time I was there for my sister’s burial I started looking chubby just in about a week I stayed there…different dishes oh.

No be lie, especially akwa ibom and calabar.
I went to stay with my grand mom for 3 month in my village at akwa ibom. When i came back to lagos, even my mom was shocked when she saw me. I was looking fresh and chubby with my skin shining.

I was eaten fresh vegitables straight from the farm, snails in my soup whenever it rains heavily and steady fish. No place like South south

1 Like

Re: How I Cooked Warri Plantain Peppersoup (ukodo) by Probz(m): 1:38am On Oct 16, 2022
Great stuff, buddy. I like the nchaunwu (scent-leaf) addition.

1 Like

Re: How I Cooked Warri Plantain Peppersoup (ukodo) by Probz(m): 1:39am On Oct 16, 2022
garriAndsugar:
Nice one bro.. you cook better than channah2 and

He’s still got a fair way to go before he reaches my level.
Re: How I Cooked Warri Plantain Peppersoup (ukodo) by brain54(m): 4:51am On Oct 16, 2022
candygist:

I went to stay with my grand mom for 3 month in my village at akwa ibom. When i came back to lagos, even my mom was shocked when she saw me. I was looking fresh and chubby with my skin shining.

I was eaten fresh vegitables straight from the farm, snails in my soup whenever it rains heavily and steady fish. No place like South south
Mbok….

I believe you!

1 Like

Re: How I Cooked Warri Plantain Peppersoup (ukodo) by Shaggyswang2(m): 5:10am On Oct 16, 2022
kaludestiny10:
Is red oil not needed in cooking the food?
Some people use it. It's not necessary
Re: How I Cooked Warri Plantain Peppersoup (ukodo) by Shaggyswang2(m): 5:11am On Oct 16, 2022
Halimat04:
Abeg make I bring plate?
Sharp sharp
Re: How I Cooked Warri Plantain Peppersoup (ukodo) by lordprogress: 5:56am On Oct 16, 2022
ahnie:

Combo of unripe plantain/yam.

Why he decided to add tyme n ginger naim come taya me.(na water soup be that)

E even suppose use lemon grass instead of scent leaf.
No we use scent leave if na meat it is meat or fish why lemon grass if it's chicken.
I nor know for Una side sha.
Re: How I Cooked Warri Plantain Peppersoup (ukodo) by iamme1234(m): 6:45am On Oct 16, 2022
Eating water
Pepper in a plate
Its poverty
Re: How I Cooked Warri Plantain Peppersoup (ukodo) by Probz(m): 7:24am On Oct 16, 2022
candygist:

True. Igbos and south-southerners are the best when it comes to soups and vegetable-variety. Not too sure about Yorubas, Edos and Hausas overall but for what I know Edos generally cook much better than Yorubas. The whole of Nigeria emulates ‘correct stew’ (especially where goat meat’s concerned) the way Etsako/Bini people perfected it yonks-ago. They have a very stable sense of culinary tradition. It’s probably just a case of black soup per-se not being that great. Yoruba people, Ondo and Ekiti folk (who really are rather good, and EXCEPTIONAL at pounded-yam) aside, are only really good when it comes to rice, beans-related food, certain stews and party food. Outside of that they by-and-large couldn’t cook their way out of a paper bag by their strictly-indigenous merits. (Ikokore’s nice, ’though.)
Re: How I Cooked Warri Plantain Peppersoup (ukodo) by Probz(m): 7:36am On Oct 16, 2022
One way or the other it’s all love but that doesn’t mean I’m going to lie and pretend that Yoruba people (obvious exceptions-aside) don’t have some of the worst soups in Nigeria. Their ofe-and-vegetables assortment is very questionable and that’s being nice. Igbos aren’t great at throwing super-lively parties (not that they’re not still good in a subdued and ceremonial way) and Yoruba people by-and-large aren’t good at cooking except for what they’re good at (jollof rice obviously being one of the things they’re good at). Both ethnic groups (and everything in-between) are blessed in different, complimentary ways.
Re: How I Cooked Warri Plantain Peppersoup (ukodo) by mariahAngel(f): 7:55am On Oct 16, 2022
post=117587822:
You try no be small.
Looks delicious.

Meanwhile,
The most pampered efo-riro.
(Spinach vegetable soup) is about to go down in the kitchen of dem MANNA.

Meet us at the food section for the final thingy!
E go too sweet & delicious!!
#TrustUs kiss kiss kiss

Cc :
PetyPrinc.ess
Channah.1.
Channah.2.
Ahn.ie.
Gloryhomemake.r.
MariahAnge.l and all other foodies in da house.

Manna onye nri. cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Cooked Warri Plantain Peppersoup (ukodo) by mariahAngel(f): 7:57am On Oct 16, 2022
brain54:

Sure…

From bayelsa but grew up in Warri.
So used to the iskekiri, urhobo and ijaw dishes.

Wow.
I've always thought you're from SW.
Re: How I Cooked Warri Plantain Peppersoup (ukodo) by Monaboo(m): 8:21am On Oct 16, 2022
Someone I know, an Igbo lady married a Delta guy.

She had to learn how to cook this Ukodo food.

She now cooks it perfectly well.

She even likes eating it.

But I doubt if I will like this food o.

I think I would prefer ripe plantain if I decide to it eat this.

But well, never say never. Let me keep an open mind.
Re: How I Cooked Warri Plantain Peppersoup (ukodo) by brain54(m): 8:33am On Oct 16, 2022
mariahAngel:

Wow.
I've always thought you're from SW.
Nah…

What gave you the impression?
Re: How I Cooked Warri Plantain Peppersoup (ukodo) by brain54(m): 8:38am On Oct 16, 2022
Monaboo:

Ripe plantain with ukodo….

You want to throw up abi?
Re: How I Cooked Warri Plantain Peppersoup (ukodo) by Shaggyswang2(m): 8:45am On Oct 16, 2022
Monaboo:

Show ripe. Not totally ripe. And not all
Re: How I Cooked Warri Plantain Peppersoup (ukodo) by mariahAngel(f): 9:06am On Oct 16, 2022
brain54:

Nah…

What gave you the impression?

I don't know. cheesy

Probably because they're some of the people I mostly relate with.
Re: How I Cooked Warri Plantain Peppersoup (ukodo) by akbonus: 10:49am On Oct 16, 2022
WHAT IS FRESH PEPPER AND ONION DOING IN UKODO? OR EPURU? AS WE CALL IT IN DELTA STATE
Re: How I Cooked Warri Plantain Peppersoup (ukodo) by Probz(m): 10:52am On Oct 16, 2022
akbonus:
WHAT IS FRESH PEPPER AND ONION DOING IN UKODO? OR EPURU? AS WE CALL IT IN DELTA STATE

Give us one good reason why fresh pepper shouldn’t be there.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

A Nairalander's 11 Years Wedding Anniversary Thank You Soup For Her Hubby (pix) / I just received my own Share of palliatives from Kebbi state Government / Cameroonian Lady Disses Nigerian Food On Twitter, Nigerians Respond

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.