Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,153 members, 7,811,313 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:58 AM

Atiku’s Call For Northern President Horrible, Thoughtless: Festus Keyamo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku’s Call For Northern President Horrible, Thoughtless: Festus Keyamo (537 Views)

Charles Idahosa: I Will Support A Northern President After Buhari's Tenure / 2019 Presidency: APC Reacts To Atiku’s Call For Buhari To Resign / Urji Uzor Kalu Mock Atiku, Call Him Customer Dada Ni On Twitter. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atiku’s Call For Northern President Horrible, Thoughtless: Festus Keyamo by wizzybobo(m): 7:09am On Oct 16, 2022
Atiku’s call for northern president horrible, thoughtless: Festus Keyamo

Mr Keyamo described Mr Abubakar’s conduct as “the height of desperation and daredevilry”.

Festus Keyamo, spokesperson for the All Progressives Congress (APC) presidential campaign, has berated the presidential flagbearer of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Atiku Abubakar, for asking northerners not to vote southern candidates.

Sharing the video on Twitter in which Mr Abubakar asked northerners to vote for a president of northern extraction and not for Igbo or Yoruba presidential candidates, Mr Keyamo called Mr Atiku a thoughtless and desperate politician.

“Watch! This is the height of desperation and daredevilry on the part of Atiku!,” Mr Keyamo said. “This is so horrendous, so horrible and so thoughtless for Atiku Abubakar to use ethnicity to campaign, saying the north does not need a Yoruba or Igbo candidate. My God! Atiku needs to quit the race today!”

A former vice president between 1999 to 2007, Mr Abubakar had said “It (Northern Nigeria) doesn’t need a Yoruba candidate or an Igbo candidate. This is what the northerners need. So I believe I stand before you as a pan-Nigerian of Northern origin.” 

Mr Abubakar prides himself as a unifier. However, this charge that the north must vote a northerner goes contrary to the public image of a unifier that he’s portrayed over the years. 

At 75, Mr Abubakar will contest the 2023 presidential election against several contestants, including candidates of the APC and the Labour Party, Bola Tinubu and Mr Obi respectively, who are of southern extraction.

Mr Abubakar has since 1993 sought five times and failed to be Nigeria’s president; failing at party primary level three times and twice in the main elections.

https://gazettengr.com/atikus-call-for-northern-president-horrible-thoughtless-festus-keyamo/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atiku’s Call For Northern President Horrible, Thoughtless: Festus Keyamo by divinehand2003(m): 7:12am On Oct 16, 2022
More mistakes to follow Atiku and Tinibu afterwards. Nigerians will come to see them for who they really are before the general elections.

2 Likes

Re: Atiku’s Call For Northern President Horrible, Thoughtless: Festus Keyamo by Racoon(m): 7:13am On Oct 16, 2022
In so much that Atiku's statement is grossly insensitive and unacceptable given the multi-secular state of this nation, this zombie senior advocate always yarning nonsense have forgotten that Buhari also said that Muslims should only vote fellow Muslim while MURiC said it will only vote Yoruba Muslim.

3 Likes

Re: Atiku’s Call For Northern President Horrible, Thoughtless: Festus Keyamo by Abdul05: 7:13am On Oct 16, 2022
Don't mind atiku joh,

he said it for quick succession for the coming election ..

But we batified northerners have decided not to fall fool for atiku lies.. grin

We just want Lagos to look like the north.. cheesy grin
Re: Atiku’s Call For Northern President Horrible, Thoughtless: Festus Keyamo by Racoon(m): 7:14am On Oct 16, 2022
divinehand2003:
More mistakes to follow Atiku and Tinibu afterwards. Nigerians will come to see them for who they really are before the general elections.
Since Atiku did a shameless volte face on the Deborah killing by Muslim youth in Sokoto, he no longer appeals to me @ all.

Meanwhile, Atiku and Tinubu have assumed positions in the country, and they are still stubborn political grasshoppers and do not want to relinquish power to the youths.

Nigeria can regain her political problem if all these old brigades are pushed out of the system. Nigerians will never forgive themselves in 2023 if they make the costly mistake of retaining these old brigades..."
https://dailypost.ng/2022/09/06/southwest-contributed-to-nigerias-problems-by-voting-apc-in-2015-ahmed-bakare/
Re: Atiku’s Call For Northern President Horrible, Thoughtless: Festus Keyamo by Nobody: 7:14am On Oct 16, 2022
He's always a loser so he should calm down a bit
Re: Atiku’s Call For Northern President Horrible, Thoughtless: Festus Keyamo by Jflex07(m): 7:14am On Oct 16, 2022
And when your god said from rotten to bad,what do we call that? The mods refused to push the video to front page while Tinubu urchins were also trying to justify what Tinubu said...lol
Re: Atiku’s Call For Northern President Horrible, Thoughtless: Festus Keyamo by Nobody: 7:17am On Oct 16, 2022
Suffering & Killing of Nigerians Won't Stop If We Don't Reject Tinubu & Atiku

Tribalism has ruined us and deaths it has brought in tonnes. Under Buhari every state in Nigeria was soaked with blood and we got tired of crying and burying innocent Nigerians. Bandits rampaged and killed and kidnapped women, old and young but the government looked away. Mocking us in anguish.
Just a roar of unity, they've gone to hide waiting to see how strong we are. Have you seen unity in strength? If we make another mistake, we don't know who will survive it. Learn to understand a proverb, we must save our future. Say no to open graves which Tinubu and Atiku represent. Both Atiku and Tinubu lack the will to end what they are part of.

I have chosen to be Obidient and Yuseful for my children's sake. And if the duo I trust much fail, my conscience won't lash me.

1 Like

Re: Atiku’s Call For Northern President Horrible, Thoughtless: Festus Keyamo by SmartPolician: 7:18am On Oct 16, 2022
Tomorrow, they will say Atiku is a unifier.

And I ask, "Who is he unifying exactly, his pockets and friends?"

If not that Nigerian electorates are terribly misinformed and daft, there are people who cannot be running for elective positions in this country.

1 Like

Re: Atiku’s Call For Northern President Horrible, Thoughtless: Festus Keyamo by Nobody: 7:21am On Oct 16, 2022
Expecting "quoted out of context" in the next few hours...

Very distastful for a president..
Re: Atiku’s Call For Northern President Horrible, Thoughtless: Festus Keyamo by LeoDeKing: 7:41am On Oct 16, 2022
Racoon:
In so much that Atiku's statement is grossly insensitive and unacceptable given the multi-secular state of this nation, this zombie senior advocate always yarning nonsense have forgotten that Buhari also said that Muslims should only vote fellow Muslim while MURiC said it will only vote Yoruba Muslim.
Emeka, you have been running from pillars to posts typing bullshit about Nigerians contesting for elective offices because of one Peter Obi.

May I remind you the election is about Nigeria leadership, not some phoney country built on the internet? You are allowed to observe but stop insulting the candidates, they are Nigerians and we Nigerians respect them. Here in Nigeria, we don't practice politics of hate and bitterness.
Re: Atiku’s Call For Northern President Horrible, Thoughtless: Festus Keyamo by Ezeama400: 7:46am On Oct 16, 2022
LeoDeKing:

Emeka, you have been running from pillars to posts typing bullshit about Nigerians contesting for elective offices because of one Peter Obi.

May I remind you the election is about Nigeria leadership, not some phoney country built on the internet? You are allowed to observe but stop insulting the candidates, they are Nigerians and we Nigerians respect them. Here in Nigeria, we don't practice politics of hate and bitterness.

What's the nexus between this your comment and the topic in question and person you are quoting as well?

You are just deviating from the topic just to appear smart ...

The thread is all about Atiku playing an ethnic politics which Tinubu's followers are also guilty of not only playing an ethnic politics, but religious politics as well.

You people love to play ethnic and religious politics, but don't want notherners to do the same because you know it would backfire undecided

Re: Atiku’s Call For Northern President Horrible, Thoughtless: Festus Keyamo by Noblechykk(m): 7:46am On Oct 16, 2022
Keyamo is stupid. You are supporting a man that said it is his turn while criticizing a man who indirectly said the same thing
Re: Atiku’s Call For Northern President Horrible, Thoughtless: Festus Keyamo by saintkel(m): 8:02am On Oct 16, 2022
divinehand2003:
Nigerians are not yet ready for real democratic changes.....people still want to suffer provided it is dia brother who is in d top.....dis analogy is more like in d north where religion plays a big role
Re: Atiku’s Call For Northern President Horrible, Thoughtless: Festus Keyamo by Racoon(m): 8:16am On Oct 16, 2022
LeoDeKing:
Emeka, you have been running from pillars to posts typing bullshit about Nigerians contesting for elective offices because of one Peter Obi. May I remind you the election is about Nigeria leadership, not some phoney country built on the internet?

You are allowed to observe but stop insulting the candidates, they are Nigerians and we Nigerians respect them. Here in Nigeria, we don't practice politics of hate and bitterness.
Shove your opinion aside. I am not programmed to follow your warped and bigoted thinking as you trying to protrait. This is a public forum with people of diverse worldviews and inclinations.

The fact that you're one of the chronic Intolerant fella on this forum is an open secret. I know it is the Buhari and MURIC Muslim issue that is your pain. However, keep it to your cycle of friends.
Re: Atiku’s Call For Northern President Horrible, Thoughtless: Festus Keyamo by Lionnation: 8:17am On Oct 16, 2022
What is the different between you and him
Re: Atiku’s Call For Northern President Horrible, Thoughtless: Festus Keyamo by Racoon(m): 8:18am On Oct 16, 2022
Ezeama400:
What's the nexus between this your comment and the topic in question and person you are quoting as well? You are just deviating from the topic just to appear smart

The thread is all about Atiku playing an ethnic politics which Tinubu's followers are also guilty of not only playing an ethnic politics, but religious politics as well.

You people love to play ethnic and religious politics, but don't want notherners to do the same because you know it would backfire.
Thank you for trying to educate that fella.

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (Reply)

Rivers Teachers Decry Hardship, Demand Six-year Unpaid Salaries / Tinubu Has Paid His Dues, Says Katsina APC Gov Candidate / OPINION: How Much Is Spent On BAT Campaign Vs Obi Priceless Campaign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.