Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,907 members, 7,814,068 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:15 AM

Northern President: Atiku Quoted Out Of Context - BBC Reporter - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northern President: Atiku Quoted Out Of Context - BBC Reporter (1363 Views)

Tee Mac Omatshola: I was Quoted Out Of Context On Tinubu / Missing Arms Procurements Funds: NSA, Monguno "Was Quoted Out Of Context’ / Charles Idahosa: I Will Support A Northern President After Buhari's Tenure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Northern President: Atiku Quoted Out Of Context - BBC Reporter by JEWELofHELL666: 8:53am On Oct 16, 2022
I can NEVER vote for @atiku. But his statement is NOT being reported in the right context. He said a northern pan-Nigerian president is needed, not just a regional candidate, as he sees Tinubu & Obi. I see how it can be interpreted wrongly though. His phrasing is terrible.

https://twitter.com/osasuo/status/1581493583894310912?t=NBoCMGyvcpHPbAdvDX1DTQ&s=19

1 Like

Re: Northern President: Atiku Quoted Out Of Context - BBC Reporter by EkelediliBuhari: 8:54am On Oct 16, 2022
Al lies

2 Likes

Re: Northern President: Atiku Quoted Out Of Context - BBC Reporter by Mrkumareze(m): 8:56am On Oct 16, 2022
Nothing to be Interpreted, Atiku fvckup .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern President: Atiku Quoted Out Of Context - BBC Reporter by Trinitycian: 9:00am On Oct 16, 2022
I agree with the reporter. Some are deliberately misquoting Atiku to further their bigoted agenda. But they'll all fail.

3 Likes

Re: Northern President: Atiku Quoted Out Of Context - BBC Reporter by Igbodicool(m): 9:04am On Oct 16, 2022
The Blind BATimuses are the ones who won't see beyond tribal bigotry.

APC divided Nigeria more than how they met it.
Say No to Party of Insecurity, Poverty and Hatred!

60 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern President: Atiku Quoted Out Of Context - BBC Reporter by lhordspy: 9:06am On Oct 16, 2022
Lol.

You can work with the biggest news media/company in the world like BBC,CNN, FOX and others, but still dont know shit.

Mr BBC, Osasu Abayiuwana, is there any much distinctive or idiosyncratic differences between these two sentences, taking into cognizance the speaker. A known tribal bigot.

" A northern pan-Nigerian president is needed, not just a regional candidate, as Tinubu & Obi"

And

"Northerners need someone from North -- not yoruba, not igbo"

Forget the 'Pan-Nigerian' he added. Atiku was talking to a hall, filled with Northerners in the north.
He was trying to pass a message to his targetted audience. It was pre-meditated and calculated..No amount of word garnishing can make it seems otherwise.

Anything that made him refferred to himself as a Northerner, seperating Tinubu and Obi into another regional tag is nothing but a tribal partitioning.

Atiku is an unrepentant tribal bigot, an extremist as at that.
Simple as ABC.

56 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern President: Atiku Quoted Out Of Context - BBC Reporter by Racoon(m): 9:06am On Oct 16, 2022
Since Atiku did a shameless volte face on the Deborah killing by Muslim youth in Sokoto, he no longer appeals to me @ all.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern President: Atiku Quoted Out Of Context - BBC Reporter by conductor250: 9:07am On Oct 16, 2022
Re: Northern President: Atiku Quoted Out Of Context - BBC Reporter by NgeneUkwenu(f): 9:07am On Oct 16, 2022
grin grin grin. Mumu people. No be only BBC Reporter! Cretins!

Why not use the video to show how he was quoted out of context?

2014 Atiku frustrated Jonathan government all in the name of it is the turn of North, Atiku supported Buhari to become president now Buhari is about to complete 8yrs, the same Atiku the "unifier" took the turn of South in PDP. They thought, we were all brainless at the same time..

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern President: Atiku Quoted Out Of Context - BBC Reporter by Zonefree(m): 9:10am On Oct 16, 2022
Urchins said SW must rally around Tinubu, but, they don't want northerners to rally around Atiku. Witchcraft cheesy

Tinubu is hoping on North to win hence he's not bothered about his grassroot, the South.

Peter Obi has already secured SE and SS.
Atiku has secured NE and NW
Tinubu is yet to secure his SW.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Northern President: Atiku Quoted Out Of Context - BBC Reporter by wingmanIII: 9:14am On Oct 16, 2022
Osasu is very stupid! Why not a southern pan Nigerian?
Re: Northern President: Atiku Quoted Out Of Context - BBC Reporter by WibusJaga: 9:21am On Oct 16, 2022

Nonsense. I watched that video severally.
Atiku said & meant Northerners needed somebody from the North who is pan-Nigerian.

In other words the person is unacceptable if he is not from the North, even if he is pan-Nigerian.

2 Likes

Re: Northern President: Atiku Quoted Out Of Context - BBC Reporter by Penguin2: 9:22am On Oct 16, 2022
Even in this clarification, Atiku is still wrong.

Quote him in context and out of context, he’s still wrong.

Just betrays that he’s just another typical northern irredentist that thinks Nigeria belongs to them.

I blame southerners supporting him.

This is the idiot that Ihedioha said if we are not supporting him then we are saboteurs.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Northern President: Atiku Quoted Out Of Context - BBC Reporter by NwaMamaIwota(f): 9:37am On Oct 16, 2022
NgeneUkwenu:
grin grin grin. Mumu people. No be only BBC Reporter! Cretins!

Why not use the video to show how he was quoted out of context?

2014 Atiku frustrated Jonathan government all in the name of it is the turn of North, Atiku supported Buhari to become president now Buhari is about to complete 8yrs, the same Atiku the "unifier" took the turn of South in PDP. They thought, we were all brainless at the same time..
they can't sell crapnibu to the masses
selling Crapnibu to the populace is like using a mallet to cure head ache
they don't know what to do again
they don't know how to sell their candidate hence they resorted to their old outdated tactics which is already stale forgetting that hunger, insecurity, bad economy fuel scarcity knows no tribe.
Nigerians are now waking up.
the youths are coming.

Hahahahahaha
hihihihihi
huhuhuhu
Hehehehe
hiohiohiohio

1 Like

Re: Northern President: Atiku Quoted Out Of Context - BBC Reporter by Moneyyman: 9:39am On Oct 16, 2022
I guess his close ally, Mahdi Shehu, was also "misquoted" right?

God will disgrace all and every evil politician.
Re: Northern President: Atiku Quoted Out Of Context - BBC Reporter by diadem10: 9:46am On Oct 16, 2022
Trinitycian:
I agree with the reporter. Some are deliberately misquoting Atiku to further their bigoted agenda. But they'll all fail.

But you're crying about Tinubu because he used comparative words like rotten to bad?

Tinubu speech was still best. Fools can keep crying about rotten to bad.

Cry me a river.
Re: Northern President: Atiku Quoted Out Of Context - BBC Reporter by oskopy: 10:24am On Oct 16, 2022
A Fulani is a Fulani, and no normal person will vote them to power in this country again.
Re: Northern President: Atiku Quoted Out Of Context - BBC Reporter by Chinonye2022(m): 10:31am On Oct 16, 2022
Zonefree:
Urchins said SW must rally around Tinubu, but, they don't want northerners to rally around Atiku. Witchcraft cheesy

Tinubu is hoping on North to win hence he's not bothered about his grassroot, the South.

Peter Obi has already secured SE and SS.
Atiku has secured NE and NW
Tinubu is yet to secure his SW.
u secured SS for Obi in ur dream EVEN in SE Atiku wil beat him u think politics is by shouting and ranting

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Northern President: Atiku Quoted Out Of Context - BBC Reporter by alanto: 10:42am On Oct 16, 2022
I leave Atiku to zombies... They'll handle him well
Re: Northern President: Atiku Quoted Out Of Context - BBC Reporter by Barryseal: 11:33am On Oct 16, 2022
Let's not forget the Pdp gave Atiku their ticket because they feel Northerns will only vote for a Northerner.
The tribal sentiments displayed by the Pdp ticket and this statement from Atiku have further torn Nigerians apart. Unifaya my foot
Re: Northern President: Atiku Quoted Out Of Context - BBC Reporter by Myer(m): 11:39am On Oct 16, 2022
Trinitycian:

No matter how they try to sugar coat it, he meant what he said. The Northerners believe Nigeria is theirs and they decide who rules it.

There's an unwritten rule that presidency should be rotated among the tribes, so if Buhari a northerner is the incumbent, then a Southerner should be next.
No one tribe should become dominative of others.

In US it's called Affirmative Action.
In Nigeria it's called Federal Character.
Re: Northern President: Atiku Quoted Out Of Context - BBC Reporter by Ddokie: 11:44am On Oct 16, 2022
Trinitycian:

What do you mean guy. If you as a supporter of Atiku tell him that what he said is bad, is it a sin?

The man said the north needs to vote a northerner that has built bridges across nigeria, that they don't need a yoruba candidate or an igbo candidate. What type of contextualization or misquoting are you talking about?

wetin be una problem abeg? Do you people realize that nobody is going to remain in this world forever? Do you realize that one day you will meet your creator and answer for all your deeds? Why do you see black and call it white? Why? this is the worst sin ever.
Re: Northern President: Atiku Quoted Out Of Context - BBC Reporter by olatade(m): 11:45am On Oct 16, 2022
This is misinterpretation of the words of the incoming president of the federal republic of Nigeria. His words were that the nation needs not an Igbo ,Yoruba or Hausa president but that bridge builder and the unifying factor like himself. And this is just some of the propaganda APC and opposition parties wants to use to cause confusion but I'm sure beyond this,Nigerians are wiser than before and they have zero tolerance for gullibility

1 Like

Re: Northern President: Atiku Quoted Out Of Context - BBC Reporter by Ddokie: 11:50am On Oct 16, 2022
olatade:
This is misinterpretation of the words of the incoming president of the federal republic of Nigeria. His words were that the nation needs not an Igbo ,Yoruba or Hausa president but that bridge builder and the unifying factor like himself. And this is just some of the propaganda APC and opposition parties wants to use to cause confusion but I'm sure beyond this,Nigerians are wiser than before and they have zero tolerance for gullibility

Oga, if you don't have data to watch the video, tell us. The man said they needed a northern president, not an igbo candidate of a yoruba candidate. This one you are talking about, if he ever said it, must be a different video. But the video that We saw is the one he said the north needs a northern president not an igbo or yoruba candidate simple.

There is no propaganda here. It is what he said word for word.
Re: Northern President: Atiku Quoted Out Of Context - BBC Reporter by mank1234(m): 1:25pm On Oct 16, 2022
Just imagine PO saying something close to what Atiku said and see how they will come for him as being Ipob.
Re: Northern President: Atiku Quoted Out Of Context - BBC Reporter by Isokiscool(m): 1:41pm On Oct 16, 2022
Hahahahahahaha..APC urchins and mumu president who is d father of bigotry are still shamelessly criticising Atiku who obviously is quoted out of context grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Northern President: Atiku Quoted Out Of Context - BBC Reporter by Isokiscool(m): 1:44pm On Oct 16, 2022
Barryseal:
Let's not forget the Pdp gave Atiku their ticket because they feel Northerns will only vote for a Northerner.
The tribal sentiments displayed by the Pdp ticket and this statement from Atiku have further torn Nigerians apart. Unifaya my foot
No Nigerian is torn apart except ur likes who cannot stop eating Agbado and cassava
Re: Northern President: Atiku Quoted Out Of Context - BBC Reporter by MasterJayJay: 1:48pm On Oct 16, 2022
Emilokan urchins attacking Atiku..The audacity of hypocrisy. Tinubu and Atiku have made statements to prove they are regional candidates.

Only Peter Obi is different.
Re: Northern President: Atiku Quoted Out Of Context - BBC Reporter by Barryseal: 2:31pm On Oct 16, 2022
Isokiscool:
No Nigerian is torn apart except ur likes who cannot stop eating Agbado and cassava
Me eat agbado? You no go die well.
Re: Northern President: Atiku Quoted Out Of Context - BBC Reporter by Isokiscool(m): 9:20pm On Oct 16, 2022
Barryseal:

Me eat agbado? You no go die well.
u are dead already.Agbado monkey
Re: Northern President: Atiku Quoted Out Of Context - BBC Reporter by Barryseal: 12:36pm On Oct 17, 2022
Isokiscool:
u are dead already.Agbado monkey
GTFO. Imbe

(1) (Reply)

Tinubu Using Plane To Campaign In Jos. How Politicians Use Our Money / Miyetti-allah Finally Endorses Bola Tinubu As Their Preferred Candidate / Peter Obi Will Wins But The Result Will Be Utter To Favor Tunubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.