Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,941 members, 7,817,754 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:39 PM

Amosun: I Didn’t Say Western Nations Wicked - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amosun: I Didn’t Say Western Nations Wicked (11384 Views)

Obi Didn’t Say He Played Football With Odili, Gazette's Fact-check False (video) / Amosun: Western Nations Encouraging Japa, Granting Young Nigerians Visas Wicked / Amosun: I Won’t Rule Myself Out Of Senate Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amosun: I Didn’t Say Western Nations Wicked by Godszilla: 6:50am On Oct 17, 2022
A former Governor of Ogun State, Senator Ibikunle Amosun, has described his recent interview with the British Broadcasting corporation in which he reportedly condemned visa issuance to Nigerians by foreign embassies as a deliberate misrepresentation.

According to some media reports on Saturday, the Senator representing Ogun Central, during the interview, described foreign countries as “wicked” for encouraging the emigration of Nigerian youths in large numbers.

Amosun, in a statement signed by his media aide, Bola Adeyemi, on Sunday, said the choice of the word “wicked” was the reporter’s and not his.

Amosun, in a statement signed by his media aide, Bola Adeyemi, on Sunday, said the choice of the word “wicked” was the reporter’s and not his.

The statement read in part, “Some media reports, including the online portals, had claimed Amosun, in his BBC interview, condemned western nations for encouraging the emigration of Nigerians in large numbers, by granting visas to young citizens, a development he was misquoted as saying was ‘wicked.’

“The Ogun Central Senator, therefore, contended that his major concern was core professionals like medical doctors, lawyers, engineers and accountants, who were leaving the country in droves with their families because such could open the country to greater challenges.

“Although the former governor described the countries encouraging such exodus without considering the fate of Nigeria as unfair, the choice of the word ‘wicked’ was purely the reporter’s and not his.

“Thus, while commenting on the ‘japa phenomenon,’ Amosun reiterated what he said, ‘I have heard about it and the reports are scary. All youths and young talents are travelling out of Nigeria, seeking greener pastures and the prospective countries are deliberately giving them visas to leave the country without putting the origin country into consideration.’

“Amosun further contended that, what made the reports inaccurate and a deliberate damage, was the fact that he too had been sponsoring young people, who desired to further their studies abroad and has not ceased to write to different embassies in support of their applications, because he believed in their decisions to study abroad to further equip them.”

https://punchng.com/i-didnt-say-western-nations-wicked-amosun/

Re: Amosun: I Didn’t Say Western Nations Wicked by Nobody: 6:52am On Oct 17, 2022
If only i can understand this

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amosun: I Didn’t Say Western Nations Wicked by VVVOLTS: 7:09am On Oct 17, 2022
And what was he doing as a leader to reduce emigration of our youths to the west.

No job, no conducive environment and you still expect us to stay?

And you have packed all your kids and family abroad? But you want us to stay?

Are you a bombosticbratatta?

86 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Amosun: I Didn’t Say Western Nations Wicked by Nobody: 7:15am On Oct 17, 2022
You said so

5 Likes

Re: Amosun: I Didn’t Say Western Nations Wicked by Mrkrobz(m): 7:32am On Oct 17, 2022
So you don't want the youth to Japa
You want the you to stay in a country where their talents will eventually die because it's not appreciated here.

Meanwhile, "CHAPTER 2" of my animation series is out, Check my profile

2 Likes

Re: Amosun: I Didn’t Say Western Nations Wicked by Winters23: 7:32am On Oct 17, 2022
grin
Re: Amosun: I Didn’t Say Western Nations Wicked by Komolafe89: 7:33am On Oct 17, 2022
Ok
Re: Amosun: I Didn’t Say Western Nations Wicked by rave9100: 7:33am On Oct 17, 2022
Misunderstood statement
Re: Amosun: I Didn’t Say Western Nations Wicked by EMMANUELNATION(m): 7:33am On Oct 17, 2022
Then what do you say sir??
Re: Amosun: I Didn’t Say Western Nations Wicked by Nobody: 7:34am On Oct 17, 2022
I swear, I knew this nama was going to deny that statement!

13 Likes

Re: Amosun: I Didn’t Say Western Nations Wicked by mmsen: 7:34am On Oct 17, 2022
They ARE wicked.
Re: Amosun: I Didn’t Say Western Nations Wicked by oluwaseunamos33(m): 7:34am On Oct 17, 2022
i know U will deny it. mumu

10 Likes

Re: Amosun: I Didn’t Say Western Nations Wicked by bigdammyj: 7:34am On Oct 17, 2022
Noted.
Re: Amosun: I Didn’t Say Western Nations Wicked by Emu4life(m): 7:35am On Oct 17, 2022
This Werey dey fear Visa denial because himself can't do without the Western Nation. Empty Head Polithiefian.

4 Likes

Re: Amosun: I Didn’t Say Western Nations Wicked by Lionize: 7:36am On Oct 17, 2022
Story.
Mr., please by how much does "unfair" differ from "wicked"?
We know what you politicians want, to keep using the destinies of Nigerians for your wicked oppression and rituals. The only way they can keep their heads above life and not come to beg you for what belongs to them is to leave the country for you. Wicked demons!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amosun: I Didn’t Say Western Nations Wicked by kushma(m): 7:38am On Oct 17, 2022
We know what you said, don’t deny it. Fear of visa denial ; what a shame

1 Like

Re: Amosun: I Didn’t Say Western Nations Wicked by veekid(m): 7:39am On Oct 17, 2022
You think we send you? Ogbeni na you get your mouth, run am as you want

1 Like

Re: Amosun: I Didn’t Say Western Nations Wicked by Aareakinwunmi(m): 7:40am On Oct 17, 2022
Instead of them to make the Country better, they keep phewing thrash

1 Like

Re: Amosun: I Didn’t Say Western Nations Wicked by Lama70(m): 7:40am On Oct 17, 2022
Amosun can go ahead and say whatever he seems fit to say. No mountain out of mole hills.

We seek visa. We get it. We japa.

Hold tight to your country of pains!

2 Likes

Re: Amosun: I Didn’t Say Western Nations Wicked by Nobody: 7:41am On Oct 17, 2022
undecided

What's the difference between 'THIS ONE and ELEYII' ?

Pun deliberately intended.

1 Like

Re: Amosun: I Didn’t Say Western Nations Wicked by sojisenai(m): 7:41am On Oct 17, 2022
Hmmmm...

Meanwhile, if you have an elderly loved one, or a friend who is sick or disabled...and you need a reputable company to [provide quality care for them, kindly check my signature for the best caregiving service company around..
Re: Amosun: I Didn’t Say Western Nations Wicked by Lumig: 7:45am On Oct 17, 2022
cheesy
If you have said it, you wouldn't have been far from the truth
Re: Amosun: I Didn’t Say Western Nations Wicked by orikoku: 7:47am On Oct 17, 2022
Eleribu

1 Like

Re: Amosun: I Didn’t Say Western Nations Wicked by airsaylongcome: 7:51am On Oct 17, 2022
Amosun is mad and has no one to tell him. U far he said? Was it unfair when they gave him visa to travel for business? For pleasure? Was it unfair when they have his children visas for study? Or does he want thunder laced with grease to run through him?

4 Likes

Re: Amosun: I Didn’t Say Western Nations Wicked by AliyuMahdi9: 7:56am On Oct 17, 2022
Hahahahahahaha

Own your statement with your full chest.

Useless APC

Why you dey fear

Saintlucia come over here

Saintlucia come and post Obi's Picture

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari: Nigeria Air To Take Flight By December / 2023: G-5 Governors Fail To Unveil Preferred Candidate / TUC Rules Out Possibility Of New Minimum Wage By May Ending

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.