Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,717 members, 7,816,953 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:02 PM

LP Lagos Governorship Candidate GVR Flag Off His Campaign On An Abandoned Road - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / LP Lagos Governorship Candidate GVR Flag Off His Campaign On An Abandoned Road (25397 Views)

Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour (LP Lagos Governorship Candidate) Engagement Thread / Ogun Communities Cry Of Neglect, Hardship Over Abandoned Road / Tinubu Releases Lagos Governorship Primary Statement After Ambode's Brickbats (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

LP Lagos Governorship Candidate GVR Flag Off His Campaign On An Abandoned Road by Afikoo: 12:34pm On Oct 17, 2022
We did not flag of our campaign in a hall or a fancy hotel, we did it here in an abandoned road because we want to show how Lagos State really is" - Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vpc7xR7s1Dg

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: LP Lagos Governorship Candidate GVR Flag Off His Campaign On An Abandoned Road by N3TRAL: 12:37pm On Oct 17, 2022
If any party takes over Lagos as it is today with the rate of rural-urban migration and absence of well structured systems in the Country, Lagos will become a big mess and a burden to the country.

Let's use Cross River State as a case study.

As a child during Christmas, we would land at the Airport in Calabar to spend our Christmas vacation as spectators of the colourful bands that will dance past us during the Calabar carnival. The carnival was simply the biggest Christmas event in Sub-saharan Africa.

On our way to the hotel we'd stay, my mother and the tour guide would be discussing how clean Calabar was. I remember trees planted in the city and thousands of waste bins that were not filled up after every 1 meter. I was not yet 10 years old but I think those trips to the hotel used to feed my eyes with neatest gaze of an environment anywhere in the country. We'd visit Tinapa, Marina resort and Obudu Cattle Ranch when father gave us more funds to enjoy ourselves.

After Donald Duke exited office as Executive Governor, the next Governor continued with the carnival but the quality was decreasing, the towns were becoming disorganized and the facilities for tourism in the state were deteriorating.

Under the administration of the current Governor, Cross River State is a ghost town during Decembers. There's no carnival and the towns are as dirty as any Nigerian town. Weed and rodents have taken over what used to be the destination of tourists in Nigeria.

Donald Duke had a vision of creating the best tourism site in Africa. He did that in 8 years but the project was a long term project that should have taken 30 years to reach its prime. All he needed was q chain of successors to achieve the goal and people from that part of the country would be swimming in wealth like the natives of the Emirates.

Getting successors and a team to continue the long term plan of developing Lagos to the best city in Africa is what Tinubu got right.

You may ask why succession democracy doesn't have a place in North America and Western Europe but nations in those continents prosper. Those countries had systems built for more than 100 years before they could work. That is why whether an American President is Democrat or Republican, he knows that he has a responsibility of fighting at least one foreign war before he leaves office because America profits through foreign domination.

We are still in the process of building strong systems and institutions. Don't argue that anything will change soon because even Peter Obi which you portray as something new is bigger than Labour Party. That's a classical example of individuals being powerful than institutions and systems.

You should instead study the rise of the Emirates to understand how the succession of their monarchs helped them in achieving their goals or China to comprehend why there is the CCP.

107 Likes 14 Shares

Re: LP Lagos Governorship Candidate GVR Flag Off His Campaign On An Abandoned Road by Dapson73(m): 12:44pm On Oct 17, 2022
If horses were wishes, beggers will ride.

Nkan re wun ole grin

86 Likes 7 Shares

Re: LP Lagos Governorship Candidate GVR Flag Off His Campaign On An Abandoned Road by bennybuhari: 12:45pm On Oct 17, 2022
This idiot wan capitalise on Peter Obi's popularity. He go do am like the Osun guy lasun

21 Likes 6 Shares

Re: LP Lagos Governorship Candidate GVR Flag Off His Campaign On An Abandoned Road by mcmurphy132(m): 12:45pm On Oct 17, 2022
Joker

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: LP Lagos Governorship Candidate GVR Flag Off His Campaign On An Abandoned Road by galaxy2020(m): 1:04pm On Oct 17, 2022
Keep up the good work.

15 Likes

Re: LP Lagos Governorship Candidate GVR Flag Off His Campaign On An Abandoned Road by PUSSYHOE(m): 1:10pm On Oct 17, 2022
grin na for presidential race labour get mouth not state or local level.

10 Likes

Re: LP Lagos Governorship Candidate GVR Flag Off His Campaign On An Abandoned Road by NaijaRoyalty(m): 1:11pm On Oct 17, 2022
He's very young, experienced and deserve to be governor of Lagos

104 Likes 4 Shares

Re: LP Lagos Governorship Candidate GVR Flag Off His Campaign On An Abandoned Road by Conner44: 1:14pm On Oct 17, 2022
We Obidients don’t care about gubernatorial candidates, we only give a fuuk about our presidential candidate grin

44 Likes

Re: LP Lagos Governorship Candidate GVR Flag Off His Campaign On An Abandoned Road by MonkeyMods(m): 1:15pm On Oct 17, 2022
May the spirit and blessings of Peter Obi follow you. Amen

Young, handsome and intelligent

Unlike emi lo kan crook

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: LP Lagos Governorship Candidate GVR Flag Off His Campaign On An Abandoned Road by Gentino(m): 1:21pm On Oct 17, 2022
In as much as I am OBIdient, I will still vote sanwa-olu for governor. I am not a card-carrying member of any political party. I will vote for an individual not a party.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: LP Lagos Governorship Candidate GVR Flag Off His Campaign On An Abandoned Road by Ngwamankillyou(m): 1:28pm On Oct 17, 2022
Sam olu better than this but Obi is their all time master.

7 Likes

Re: LP Lagos Governorship Candidate GVR Flag Off His Campaign On An Abandoned Road by Snapchat: 1:30pm On Oct 17, 2022
Gentino:
In as much as I am OBIdient, I will still vote sanwa-olu for governor. I am not a card-carrying member of any political party. I will vote for an individual not a party.

Lol. You’ll vote for someone filling Tinubu’s pocket. If you can vote for Sanwo Olu, then you will definitely vote for Tinubu.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: LP Lagos Governorship Candidate GVR Flag Off His Campaign On An Abandoned Road by oluwaseunamos33(m): 1:47pm On Oct 17, 2022
u are welcom my NIgga
Re: LP Lagos Governorship Candidate GVR Flag Off His Campaign On An Abandoned Road by sofeo(m): 1:49pm On Oct 17, 2022
Alright!
Re: LP Lagos Governorship Candidate GVR Flag Off His Campaign On An Abandoned Road by kushma(m): 1:49pm On Oct 17, 2022
Go champ
Re: LP Lagos Governorship Candidate GVR Flag Off His Campaign On An Abandoned Road by HEBEI: 1:50pm On Oct 17, 2022
We don't vote for parties, we vote for individuals.

Sanwo Olu deserves a second term.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: LP Lagos Governorship Candidate GVR Flag Off His Campaign On An Abandoned Road by FalseProphet1(m): 1:50pm On Oct 17, 2022
I see Peter Obi having over a million votes in Lagos.

This I have seen.

3 Likes

Re: LP Lagos Governorship Candidate GVR Flag Off His Campaign On An Abandoned Road by Ddokie: 1:50pm On Oct 17, 2022
GRV has my vote and that of all my family members.

I enjoin all Obidients in Lagos to vote GRV. Yes, he won't win, because Sanwo-olu is a likeable fellow and is likely to return.

But if GRV gets very substantial votes, and PO wins, then 2027 will be his year, so that we can end the Tinubu dynasty kpata kpata.

If not, Seyi Tinubu will be lagos state governor in 2027. That one will be worse than his father.

33 Likes

Re: LP Lagos Governorship Candidate GVR Flag Off His Campaign On An Abandoned Road by karsey: 1:51pm On Oct 17, 2022
One thing I noticed about the people wey dey always show up whenever a candidate dey campaign be say they are there for the funds which the candidate go share.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: LP Lagos Governorship Candidate GVR Flag Off His Campaign On An Abandoned Road by Fuckyoumod: 1:52pm On Oct 17, 2022
N3TRAL:
If any party takes over Lagos as it is today with the rate of rural-urban migration and absence of well structured systems in the Country, Lagos will become a big mess and a burden to the country.

As I child during Christmas, we would land at the Airport in Calabar to spend our Christmas vacation as spectators of the colourful bands that will dance past us during the Calabar carnival. The carnival was simply the biggest Christmas event in Sub-saharan Africa.

On our way to the hotel we'd stay, my mother and the tour guide would be discussing how clean Calabar was. I remember trees planted in the city and thousands of waste bins that were not filled up after every 1 meter. I was not yet 10 years old but I think those trips to the hotel used to feed my eyes with neatest gaze of an environment anywhere in the country. We'd visit Tinapa, Marina resort and Obudu Cattle Ranch when father gave us more funds to enjoy ourselves.

After Donald Duke exited office as Executive Governor, the next Governor continued with the carnival but the quality was decreasing, the towns were becoming disorganized and the facilities for tourism in the state were deteriorating.

Under the administration of the current Governor, Cross River State is a ghost town during Decembers. There's no carnival and the towns are as dirty as any Nigerian town. Weed and rodents have taken over what used to be the destination of tourists in Nigeria.

Donald Duke had a vision of creating the best tourism site in Africa. He did that in 8 years but the project was a long term project that should have taken 30 years to reach its prime. All he needed was q chain of successors to achieve the goal and people from that part of the country would be swimming in wealth like the natives of the Emirates.

Getting successors and a team to continue the long term plan of developing Lagos to the best city in Africa is what Tinubu got right.

You may ask why succession democracy doesn't have a place in North America and Western Europe but nations in those continents prosper. Those countries had systems built for more than 100 years before they could work. That is why whether an American President is Democrat or Republican, he knows that he has a responsibility of fighting at least one foreign war before he leaves office because America profits through foreign domination.

We are still in the process of building strong systems and institutions. Don't argue that anything will change soon because even Peter Obi which you portray as something new is bigger than Labour Party. That's a classical example of individuals being powerful than institutions and systems.

You should instead study the rise of the Emirates to understand how the succession of their monarchs helped them in achieving their goals or China to comprehend why there is the CCP.
what is this urchin saying?

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: LP Lagos Governorship Candidate GVR Flag Off His Campaign On An Abandoned Road by guru90: 1:53pm On Oct 17, 2022
mcmurphy132:
Joker

What is joker?

If 9ja try something new... Is it a crime?

1 Like

Re: LP Lagos Governorship Candidate GVR Flag Off His Campaign On An Abandoned Road by skuribeebo: 1:53pm On Oct 17, 2022
See his face
Thief
Foolish boy

1 Like

Re: LP Lagos Governorship Candidate GVR Flag Off His Campaign On An Abandoned Road by Blaqputin(m): 1:53pm On Oct 17, 2022
N3TRAL:

As I child during Christmas, we would land at the Airport in Calabar to spend our Christmas vacation as spectators of the colourful bands that will dance past us during the Calabar carnival. The carnival was simply the biggest Christmas event in Sub-saharan Africa.

What is ur point ?

2 Likes

Re: LP Lagos Governorship Candidate GVR Flag Off His Campaign On An Abandoned Road by Hoelujohn: 1:54pm On Oct 17, 2022
HEBEI:

Sonwo Olu deserves a second term.
It's Tinubu calling the shots in Lagos State oo. Even if Obi wins, Tinubu can use Lagos State treasury to buy an judge to upturn Obi's result.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: LP Lagos Governorship Candidate GVR Flag Off His Campaign On An Abandoned Road by degreatstalion: 1:54pm On Oct 17, 2022
q
Re: LP Lagos Governorship Candidate GVR Flag Off His Campaign On An Abandoned Road by Hoelujohn: 1:54pm On Oct 17, 2022
HEBEI:

Sonwo Olu deserves a second term.
It's Tinubu calling the shots in Lagos State oo. Even if Obi wins, Tinubu can use Lagos State treasury to buy any judge to upturn Obi's result.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: LP Lagos Governorship Candidate GVR Flag Off His Campaign On An Abandoned Road by degreatstalion: 1:56pm On Oct 17, 2022
N3TRAL:

I don't entirely agree!

If Tinubu's stolen funds are properly channelled by a committed and responsible government, Lagos should be able to compete with Cairo, Johannesburg etc.

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FG Laments High Cost Of Food / GEJ, Sambo, Okonjo-iweala And Other Ministers To Travel Abroad After May 29 / Nigerian Economy Records ‘Worst Week’ Since 2008 - The Cable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.