Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,252 members, 7,829,476 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:44 AM

Name Me One Black Country That Is Successful In Africa Or The Caribbean - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Name Me One Black Country That Is Successful In Africa Or The Caribbean (906 Views)

Seems Like Peter Obi Only Have One Black Kaftan And Shoe. / IbomAir To Commence Flight To The Caribbean And South America / Reno Omokri And His Twin Sons At The Caribbean Paradise Of St. John (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Name Me One Black Country That Is Successful In Africa Or The Caribbean by TookDownYourMum: 4:32pm On Oct 17, 2022
Show me at least ONE black country somewhere that is successful. Where poverty, corruption, redtape, crime, and other negative things are at minimal level.

Just 1.
Re: Name Me One Black Country That Is Successful In Africa Or The Caribbean by Badbunny: 4:36pm On Oct 17, 2022
Wakanda

cheesy
X

2 Likes

Re: Name Me One Black Country That Is Successful In Africa Or The Caribbean by jazon(m): 4:38pm On Oct 17, 2022
None.
Maybe south Africa but it was built by the whites

3 Likes

Re: Name Me One Black Country That Is Successful In Africa Or The Caribbean by Eriokanmi: 4:41pm On Oct 17, 2022
South Africa, yes! Rwanda is working hard. Paul built it out of the ruins. People should visit Rwanda
Re: Name Me One Black Country That Is Successful In Africa Or The Caribbean by kettykin: 4:42pm On Oct 17, 2022
Rwanda and Kenya
Re: Name Me One Black Country That Is Successful In Africa Or The Caribbean by KAM3KAZI: 5:11pm On Oct 17, 2022
They're multiple bro,you just don't know
Success is relative especially when it comes to the African continent.

Egypt
Algeria
Ivory coast
South Africa
The reunion Islands

The thing about Africa in that we are fuckéd naturally
Re: Name Me One Black Country That Is Successful In Africa Or The Caribbean by Graysons: 5:14pm On Oct 17, 2022
None. All of them are all shithole countries.

3 Likes

Re: Name Me One Black Country That Is Successful In Africa Or The Caribbean by AwkaFinest: 5:19pm On Oct 17, 2022
KAM3KAZI:

Egypt
Algeria
Ivory coast
South Africa
The reunion Islands

Quite obvious you know nothing about the Ivory Coast. South Africa was built by Boers and British, Reunion Islands are part of France.
I don't wanna say anything about those North Africans you listed.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Name Me One Black Country That Is Successful In Africa Or The Caribbean by KAM3KAZI: 5:31pm On Oct 17, 2022
AwkaFinest:

Quite obvious you know nothing about the Ivory Coast. South Africa was built by Boers and British, Reunion Islands are part of France.
I don't wanna say anything about those North Africans you listed.
I know the history of the Ivory coast.
The countries I listed aren't really successful,but they are improving faster or are improved more than most African countries right now. I see that as a win

Re: Name Me One Black Country That Is Successful In Africa Or The Caribbean by AwkaFinest: 5:39pm On Oct 17, 2022
KAM3KAZI:

I know the history of the Ivory coast.
The countries I listed aren't really successful,but they are improving faster or are improved more than most African countries right now. I see that as a win

Ivory Coast just like Nigeria are shitholes. Ivory Coast with the highest inflation rate in West Africa and only Abidjan to boast with yet you are here capping dust.

5 Likes

Re: Name Me One Black Country That Is Successful In Africa Or The Caribbean by ObalaEmma: 5:46pm On Oct 17, 2022
Brazil
Re: Name Me One Black Country That Is Successful In Africa Or The Caribbean by KAM3KAZI: 5:54pm On Oct 17, 2022
AwkaFinest:

Ivory Coast just like Nigeria are shitholes. Ivory Coast with the highest inflation rate in West Africa and only Abidjan to boast with yet you are here capping dust.
Okay cheif
Re: Name Me One Black Country That Is Successful In Africa Or The Caribbean by BloomingDale(f): 5:59pm On Oct 17, 2022
African women should practice selective breeding to get rid of the African man. African countries are going nowhere and will not improve anytime soon or in the nearest future. As for me, I say there will be no improvement as far as the African man is still in charge. Na like this we go dey live, African woman that keeps giving birth to your oppressors?
Re: Name Me One Black Country That Is Successful In Africa Or The Caribbean by ljoh: 8:10pm On Oct 17, 2022
That's why you should pray Russia wins the war in Ukraine so that African countries can get their independence

Re: Name Me One Black Country That Is Successful In Africa Or The Caribbean by TookDownYourMum: 9:32pm On Oct 17, 2022
ljoh:
That's why you should pray Russia wins the war in Ukraine so that African countries can get their independence

Bro, African governments are more concerned with banning movies with gay people in it (Kenya) than actually fixing any of the country problems. Ghana has to be the worst, massive inflation, depreciating Cedi falling faster than a rock dropped in the ocean, unmanagable debt so they run to IMF for a bailout because their credit rating has recently taken a beating so they can't loot I mean borrow as easily anymore.

Their 1D1F policy probably has to be the biggest scam the Ghanaians fell for. President still pays (via taxpayer money) for private jets to fly to countries like France for some shitty award, and 1D1F should of saw the boom of factories and creation of jobs then the Cedi could of depended on itself. Thereby increasing its value. Instead Presz has an economy that heavily relies on imports causing Cedi to struggle against the US dollar. Their midget of a president is an absolute ret@rd.

Stop looking toward blaming westerners and start holding your governments accountable that many of your dumb citizens elect because most lack critical thinking skills.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Name Me One Black Country That Is Successful In Africa Or The Caribbean by LocalStandard1(m): 10:06pm On Oct 17, 2022
TookDownYourMum:

Bro, African governments are more concerned with banning movies with gay people in it (Kenya) than actually fixing any of the country problems.
Stop looking toward blaming westerners and start holding your governments accountable that many of your dumb citizens elect because most lack critical thinking skills.

I see your real sentiment now, after all those low self-esteem comments it's all directed at antigay laws.

Firstly, homos*xu*lity is not an African problem, it is a Western manufactured ideology. Banning it is a very good move, doesn't mean African leaders sleep on it, the West are the obsessed ones.

Secondly, you are no better than the people you criticize. What are your personal contributions to society? Non, that's right.

Kenya is very much on track, a stable economy, peaceful and credible elections process and democracy. Let's just hope your Western Lords don't sponsor any more terrorist groups to distract the developing country.

Atleast be useful your self by going out to vote a credible candidate next year.
Re: Name Me One Black Country That Is Successful In Africa Or The Caribbean by Realguyman1(m): 10:33pm On Oct 17, 2022
kettykin:
Rwanda and Kenya
Lolz. Have u been to Kenya before?
Re: Name Me One Black Country That Is Successful In Africa Or The Caribbean by Blankstare(m): 10:44pm On Oct 17, 2022
Rwanda

Botswana
Re: Name Me One Black Country That Is Successful In Africa Or The Caribbean by TookDownYourMum: 9:40am On Oct 18, 2022
I see your real sentiment now, after all those low self-esteem comments it's all directed at antigay laws.

Firstly, homos*xu*lity is not an African problem, it is a Western manufactured ideology. Banning it is a very good move, doesn't mean African leaders sleep on it, the West are the obsessed ones.

I will have you know sir that I am no f@g lover just that government of Kenya could be focusing on more important stuff like providing clean water to their citizens (40% who do not have access to it), than banning gay content because it offends your imaginary wizard friend. Honestly, the entertainment industry in Kenya must suck all kinds of ass since most films nowadays seem to have some sort of gay content in them so thats like 90% of movies and TV shows banned from Kenyan TV and cinema etc. Also, seeing how you think thats more important than what I previously stated, then its no wonder theres no successful black countries.

Secondly, you are no better than the people you criticize. What are your personal contributions to society? Non, that's right.

Bro, yoooou dont even know what I do for a living.

Kenya is very much on track, a stable economy, peaceful and credible elections process and democracy. Let's just hope your Western Lords don't sponsor any more terrorist groups to distract the developing country.

On track for what? Becoming the Chinks next little bitch? Much like Ghana, Kenya is pretty close to defaulting on its debt.

Most of Nairobi is a dump, son. The city holds multiple slums and they are some of the biggest slums in Africa, even bigger than Makoko in Lagos, Nigeria. Like Kibera and Mathare for example. Let that steep in for a moment. Also, spare me the tinfoil hat conspiracy theories about westerners sponsoring terrorist groups to attack your irrelevant and small nation when they have bigger fish to fry.

3 Likes

Re: Name Me One Black Country That Is Successful In Africa Or The Caribbean by obaaderemi: 10:04am On Oct 18, 2022
Blankstare:

Rwanda

Botswana
Rwanda is a dirt poor country. It's all scam. Nigeria is better than Rwanda. Don't let them deceive you.

1 Like

Re: Name Me One Black Country That Is Successful In Africa Or The Caribbean by obaaderemi: 10:10am On Oct 18, 2022
KAM3KAZI:

Egypt
Algeria
Ivory coast
South Africa
The reunion Islands

Ivory coast. grin grin grin Africa is not bleeped naturally. Naturally, Africa is blessed. Leadership is the problem of Africa. Look at the three main presidential candidates in Nigeria today, none of them deserves to even come out to campaign.
Re: Name Me One Black Country That Is Successful In Africa Or The Caribbean by henryobinna(m): 10:16am On Oct 18, 2022
TookDownYourMum:
Show me at least ONE black country somewhere that is successful. Where poverty, corruption, redtape, crime, and other negative things are at minimal level.

Just 1.
Ignorance.

Most black countries gained independence not too long ago, ever since they became independent they've been plagued with wars and different internal issues. Lots of these issues stems from how they were created, you don't lump people who share little to nothing in common as one country and expect them to be united and work things out quickly in less than 60 years or so.

It has little to nothing to do with being African or Black. But you are free to limit your brains to that. It's okay.

Long story shorr, all African countries are young and came from a history and background of exploitation by you know who.
Re: Name Me One Black Country That Is Successful In Africa Or The Caribbean by onatisi(m): 10:18am On Oct 18, 2022
Namibia, Rwanda, Botswana, morocco, Seychelles,
TookDownYourMum:

Just 1.
Re: Name Me One Black Country That Is Successful In Africa Or The Caribbean by Jokerman(m): 10:20am On Oct 18, 2022
Ethiopia has been there since Bible days, yet nothing cheesy

1 Like

Re: Name Me One Black Country That Is Successful In Africa Or The Caribbean by mbos: 10:20am On Oct 18, 2022
Botswana is advanced
Re: Name Me One Black Country That Is Successful In Africa Or The Caribbean by TookDownYourMum: 11:14am On Oct 18, 2022
Jokerman:

Yeah, thats pretty sad.

Ethiopia has been independent for like more than 2,000 years yet most of their history they were still stuck in the early iron age until late 1800s at the height of colonialism when Emperor Menelik II finally decided to modernize his country. But nothing really came out of it until after monarchy was abolished and Derg regime were ousted, that Ethiopia finally started to develop.

They literally had a head start from the rest of Africa for more than 100 years and are still one of the poorest countries in Africa and the world today with most of Africa having already surpassed them interms of economics, lmfao!

But yeah I will take Botswana. Okay, thats one. Pretty sad out of 54 nations in the continent.

1 Like

Re: Name Me One Black Country That Is Successful In Africa Or The Caribbean by TookDownYourMum: 11:28am On Oct 18, 2022
henryobinna:
they've been plagued with wars and different internal issues. Lots of these issues stems from how they were created, you don't lump people who share little to nothing in common as one country and expect them to be united and work things out quickly in less than 60 years or so.

If that was the case then why is places like India so far ahead of every African state? More than 2,000 ethnic groups with varying cultures, customs, traditions, languages, and beliefs. Colonized longer than any current African state from 1858 until 1947. Experienced wars with Pakistan, genocides etc same as Africa in the 20th century yet just within 75 years since independence India is now the 5th largest economy in the world overtaking their former colonial master and has the 4th strongest military etc.

Stop making excuses for these failed states. Nigeria has been independent for like 62 years and still shows nothing for it. LOL!
Re: Name Me One Black Country That Is Successful In Africa Or The Caribbean by BloomingDale(f): 4:53pm On Oct 18, 2022
Jokerman:

Nearly the whole of Africa extending to India was known as Ethiopia (Lower and Upper Ethiopia). The Atlantic ocean bordering West Africa was known as the Ethiopian sea. Present day Ethiopia was called Abyssinia or if you want to go further back to bible times, an even older name. You can check the old maps.

(1) (Reply)

Why The South Will Lose In 2023 / After G5 Endorsement, NNPP Will Deliver The Killer Punch / Oduduwa Republic Agitators Storm Downing Street, London - Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.