Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,412 members, 7,819,471 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:53 PM

Dad Vs Mum: Whose Words Should One Respect The More? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Dad Vs Mum: Whose Words Should One Respect The More? (746 Views)

What Keeps A Marriage Together - Love Or Respect? / Mum Whose Albino Son Was Turned Into A Meme Reveals How She... / Mum Whose Heart Stopped During Labour Wakes Up Thinking She's 13-years-old (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dad Vs Mum: Whose Words Should One Respect The More? by THELATTERMAN(m): 5:05pm On Oct 17, 2022
As a young independent person far from home, whose words or bits of advice should you always respect more? Your dad's or Mum's? And why?

Asking for a friend. Thanks.
Re: Dad Vs Mum: Whose Words Should One Respect The More? by Efuaye(m): 5:33pm On Oct 17, 2022
Respect your Dad's words more because they are spoken out of wise reasoning as against your mum's that's often out of emotions!

6 Likes

Re: Dad Vs Mum: Whose Words Should One Respect The More? by Savagr(m): 6:33pm On Oct 17, 2022
Efuaye:
Respect your Dad's words more because they are spoken out of wise reasoning as against your mum's that's often out of emotions!
true
@OP
Listen to this advice

1 Like

Re: Dad Vs Mum: Whose Words Should One Respect The More? by THELATTERMAN(m): 7:02pm On Oct 17, 2022
Efuaye:

Wisdom. Thank you.
Re: Dad Vs Mum: Whose Words Should One Respect The More? by Mkelv0106(m): 7:33pm On Oct 17, 2022
The Bible say, honour they father and mother, not choose the one to honour/respect more. You might think ur mother is more caring then ur popsy, bcus she no they voltage you like am, and therefore deserve ur respect, bcus popsy they always close mark you, that just how mother's are programmed, compassionate, nurtural and they forgive easily, when ur popsy don old, all those gra gra don comot for him body, he sit you down Una 2 dey align, he dey drop words of wisdom like punchlines for you, na then you go know say, popsy deserve all the respect, so does ma'le too.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dad Vs Mum: Whose Words Should One Respect The More? by THELATTERMAN(m): 7:48pm On Oct 17, 2022
Mkelv0106:
The Bible say, honour they father and mother, not choose the one to honour/respect more. You might think ur mother is more caring then ur popsy, bcus she no they voltage you like am, and therefore deserve ur respect, bcus popsy they always close mark you, that just how mother's are programmed, compassionate, nurtural and they forgive easily, when ur popsy don old, all those gra gra don comot for him body, he sit you down Una 2 dey align, he dey drop words of wisdom like punchlines for you, na then you go know say, popsy deserve all the respect, so does ma'le too.

How about in a situation when both offer you different piece of advice on same subject matter?
Re: Dad Vs Mum: Whose Words Should One Respect The More? by akwesenana: 5:05am On Oct 18, 2022
THELATTERMAN:

How about in a situation when both offer you different piece of advice on same subject matter?
As a rational human being, you dissect and filter.

If I tell you to bath every morning and a renowned professor tells you not to bathe, which advice will you heed?

2 Likes

Re: Dad Vs Mum: Whose Words Should One Respect The More? by frozen70(f): 8:30am On Oct 18, 2022
THELATTERMAN:
As a young independent person far from home, whose words or bits of advice should you always respect more? Your dad's or Mum's? And why?

You have to respect both but if you are stucked on who to pick

I will say mun
She is the only that can sacrifice and take bullets for her children

She is the one that won't eat until her children are fed

She is the one that will go out of her way to provide for her children when dad starts becoming irresponsible

No mother will ever allow her family to break or loose out

Most men are not disturbed as Mum's about family because they don't understand the intriguing aspect of what goes in and out of the family

They still leave that to mum because she is closer to the children

A father is the head of the family

A mother is the neck of the family

The children are the rest part of the body from shoulder to the feet

Any where the mother turns her neck that's where the father will face because he is the head

3 Likes

Re: Dad Vs Mum: Whose Words Should One Respect The More? by THELATTERMAN(m): 12:17pm On Oct 18, 2022
akwesenana:

If I tell you to bath every morning and a renowned professor tells you not to bathe, which advice will you heed?

Without giving it a second thought, I'd have my bath every morning.
Re: Dad Vs Mum: Whose Words Should One Respect The More? by mariahAngel(f): 12:34pm On Oct 18, 2022
akwesenana:

I like how you reason.

Are you a Ghanaian?
Re: Dad Vs Mum: Whose Words Should One Respect The More? by akwesenana: 12:44pm On Oct 18, 2022
frozen70:

I will say mun

She is the one that will go out of her way to provide for her children when dad starts becoming irresponsible

Most men are not disturbed as Mum's about family because they don't understand the intriguing aspect of what goes in and out of the family

Any where the mother turns her neck that's where the father will face because he is the head
Trash(no offiensce) smiley

1 Like

Re: Dad Vs Mum: Whose Words Should One Respect The More? by akwesenana: 12:45pm On Oct 18, 2022
mariahAngel:

I like how you reason.
Are you a Ghanaian?
Thanks.
I opened this account for a friend whose father is Ghanaian.

1 Like

Re: Dad Vs Mum: Whose Words Should One Respect The More? by THELATTERMAN(m): 8:50pm On Oct 22, 2022
akwesenana:

Trash(no offiensce) smiley

The monicker says it all....
Re: Dad Vs Mum: Whose Words Should One Respect The More? by ZIMDRILL(m): 9:59pm On Oct 22, 2022
Efuaye:

what makes you think the mother is always emotional advise ?

Lets say mom is a nurse and she giving the son advise on health matters, eg using condoms ets

Is the advise emotional or from exprience she sees at work ?

How men are poor being of being stubborn not takinh advise from wives we equally intelligent
Re: Dad Vs Mum: Whose Words Should One Respect The More? by Efuaye(m): 8:25am On Oct 23, 2022
I never insinuated that mums aren't intelligent!
At least much of the sense I have I got from my Mum but I wished my Dad spoke to me more because each time he spoke to me you know he meant business!

ZIMDRILL:

what makes you think the mother is always emotional advise ?

Lets say mom is a nurse and she giving the son advise on health matters, eg using condoms ets

Is the advise emotional or from exprience she sees at work ?

How men are poor being of being stubborn not takinh advice from wives we equally intelligent
Re: Dad Vs Mum: Whose Words Should One Respect The More? by GoldenJAT(m): 8:37am On Oct 23, 2022
Na girlfriend advice sure pass!!
Re: Dad Vs Mum: Whose Words Should One Respect The More? by Nobody: 9:41am On Oct 23, 2022
It depends on the kind of relationship you have with both parents.
THELATTERMAN:

Re: Dad Vs Mum: Whose Words Should One Respect The More? by THELATTERMAN(m): 10:27am On Oct 23, 2022
GoldenJAT:
Na girlfriend advice sure pass!!

grin grin if you like go follow olosho advice ...
Re: Dad Vs Mum: Whose Words Should One Respect The More? by Fiscus105(m): 3:50am On Oct 24, 2022
Is ur mum normally overuled daddy instructions?

cos the last time I check, dad institution bind not only children but their mother has well.
Re: Dad Vs Mum: Whose Words Should One Respect The More? by Fiscus105(m): 3:59am On Oct 24, 2022
frozen70:

I will say mun

Madam, don't use the way u were brought up and probably what's happening in ur marriage for general opinion.

Provided dad is rational human being, even if dad is in abroad, he should be the one to follow, infact, a submissive wife will still consult her husband before she gives final advice for children on very serious issues.

If paraventure daddy gives wrong advice ignorantly, a virtue wife will go and meet her husband privately and discuss it with him and not calling child to give contrary counsel.

......what u are doing is that, indirectly u re usurpering leadership of the family from ur husband.

..........we should endeavor to learn how to play the rules of marriage, if we want to enjoy blissful marriage, ur type will coner child and be giving him myopic advice and tactically alleniate him from his father.

Married a good man u say no, but loverboy, when a public husband show u hell, you label ever man as bad

1 Like

Re: Dad Vs Mum: Whose Words Should One Respect The More? by Mindlog: 5:16am On Oct 24, 2022
The one whose guidance so far, has given you a sense of direction in life.

1 Like

Re: Dad Vs Mum: Whose Words Should One Respect The More? by frozen70(f): 5:42am On Oct 24, 2022
Fiscus105:

Madam, don't use the way u were brought up and probably what's happening in ur marriage for general opinion.

Provided dad is rational human being, even if dad is in abroad, he should be the one to follow, infact, a submissive wife will still consult her husband before she gives final advice for children on very serious issues.

If paraventure daddy gives wrong advice ignorantly, a virtue wife will go and meet her husband privately and discuss it with him and not calling child to give contrary counsel.

......what u are doing is that, indirectly u re usurpering leadership of the family from ur husband.

..........we should endeavor to learn how to play the rules of marriage, if we want to enjoy blissful marriage, ur type will coner child and be giving him myopic advice and tactically alleniate him from his father.

Married a good man u say no, but loverboy, when a public husband show u hell, you label ever man as bad

You are a nuisance

When you get married direct it the way you want
When your children show more attention to their mum, dis own them
Re: Dad Vs Mum: Whose Words Should One Respect The More? by mrblessed(m): 6:06am On Oct 24, 2022
It's not always in black and white, neither is it cast in a stone. It depends on who is more broadminded, thoughtfulness, and knowledgeable. These virtues have nothing to do with gender but with the character composition of individuals.

1 Like

Re: Dad Vs Mum: Whose Words Should One Respect The More? by Fiscus105(m): 6:36am On Oct 24, 2022
frozen70:

You are a nuisance

When you get married direct it the way you want
When your children show more attention to their mum, dis own them

Foolish people taking control of husband, I don't pity u but poor man that devil woman had dominated, God will see ur husband through. I'm praying for him from my own end here.

......for marriage, I did that long time ago and for ur information, I'm in charge of my household just the way God wants it.

Idiot asking me I should direct it the way I want, u want me to give directive to my wife just like ur weak husband allowed you to rule over him abi? God forbid!

1 Like

Re: Dad Vs Mum: Whose Words Should One Respect The More? by Fiscus105(m): 6:47am On Oct 24, 2022
mrblessed:
It's not always in black and white, neither is it cast in a stone. It depends on who is more broadminded, thoughtfulness, and knowledgeable. These virtues have nothing to do with gender but with the character composition of individuals.

A wise and submissive wife will find way to convince husband about her opinion and put it for children in such a way that children will not see father as unintelligent/ weak man and by extension see wife as leader in the house.

If wife keep on overuling husband in opinions believing she is more purposeful. In future when the daughter married to a man that is superior in intelligence and dominant, such daughter will struggle in her marriage, daughter would have had mentality that it's duty of wife to give correct advice for children, before you know crack will come up in marriage.

Check the background of wives that single mothers brought up, they normally find it difficult to respect and submissive in marriage and I don't blame them, since they were not trained to do so during their upbringing.

....such wife, when husband gives her money for children upkeep/school fees, she would project herself for the children as if she is the one who is providing it and kind towards him/her

1 Like

Re: Dad Vs Mum: Whose Words Should One Respect The More? by frozen70(f): 8:46pm On Oct 24, 2022
Fiscus105:

Foolish people taking control of husband, I don't pity u but poor man that devil woman had dominated, God will see ur husband through. I'm praying for him from my own end here.

......for marriage, I did that long time ago and for ur information, I'm in charge of my household just the way God wants it.

Idiot asking me I should direct it the way I want, u want me to give directive to my wife just like ur weak husband allowed you to rule over him abi? God forbid!

You are pained because God made a man to be the head
While the woman is the neck

For your information Mr married man

Any where the neck turns to that's the direction the head will face

You must deal with it, when you finish understanding the meaning of the last paragraph

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

True Life Story: A Wife Slept With Her Husband Best Friend / Make Over #300,000 Monthly Printing Recharge Cards. / 12 Years Marital Unrest Terminated!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.