Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,642 members, 7,823,826 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:07 PM

Raft Or Strip Foundation - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Raft Or Strip Foundation (308 Views)

Cost For Raft Foundation / When To Use Raft Foundation / Estimate Cost Of Raft Foundation Of 85 By 54@ibeju Lekki? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Raft Or Strip Foundation by covgrace10: 7:05pm On Oct 17, 2022
Hello good evening to all.

Please i need urgent help from builders, Engineers, and any Professional in building construction to help me with my current predicament.

I'm building a 5 bedroom duplex in Maba/asese very close to Rccg camp in ogun state.

the land is located in an estate called in Emerald villa court. The estate has several types of land. dry , mushy and water logged but i bought in the dry areas.
the challenge i have now is that my building engineer went there to see the estate and on getting there he met the estate engineer who's in charge told him the soil bearing capacity is low. he called me and said we have to change the foundation to Raft which doubled the cost he gave me for the regualr/strip foundation.

he said to prevent any problems in the future we must do raft; because as a coren engineer if anything happens he will beheld responsible and his certification is at stake

house professionals please help a brother out what can i do to have a solid foundation that prevent collapse or problems in the future if i don't do raft. or any advise on the way forward

i need urgent advice
Re: Raft Or Strip Foundation by raymondFirstborn(m): 7:48pm On Oct 17, 2022
covgrace10:

Please i need urgent help from builders, Engineers, and any Professional in building construction to help me with my current predicament.

I'm building a 5 bedroom duplex in Maba/asese very close to Rccg camp in ogun state.

the land is located in an estate called in Emerald villa court. The estate has several types of land. dry , mushy and water logged but i bought in the dry areas.
the challenge i have now is that my building engineer went there to see the estate and on getting there he met the estate engineer who's in charge told him the soil bearing capacity is low. he called me and said we have to change the foundation to Raft which doubled the cost he gave me for the regualr/strip foundation.

he said to prevent any problems in the future we must do raft; because as a coren engineer if anything happens he will beheld responsible and his certification is at stake

house professionals please help a brother out what can i do to have a solid foundation that prevent collapse or problems in the future if i don't do raft. or any advise on the way forward

i need urgent advice

I know emerald villa estate, not all their buildings are on raft. To your engineer, as a professional he should carry out soil investigation himself not the estate engineer, Telling him what to do. Soil test / preliminary soil investigation should be carried out, not judging based on hear say.

If you need a third-party building professional to check out the land. Send a Whatsapp message to 09056082348 .
raymondfubara@gmail.com
Re: Raft Or Strip Foundation by covgrace10: 8:10pm On Oct 17, 2022
Thanks for the response. I’m just confused. Don’t want to spend 8 million on raft only.

I was told to do the test is 200k which is too expensive for me because presently the boq has doubled already.

He said without the soul test result he can’t decide on any other foundation which the estate owners didn’t do because my portion of land and land area is in the upper area. It was a hill before it was leveled. Even presently there’s still concrete covering it.

Please What’s your area of specialization.

Can one determine the type of soil without digging the earth?

If I hire you to go there what exactly can you do to help me move forward and your cost
Re: Raft Or Strip Foundation by seunpinky(m): 9:48pm On Oct 17, 2022
Your engineer is correct. He can not make any scientifically informed decision on the best foundation for your project without carrying out a soil test.

The importance of soil test cannot be over emphasised, you will be shocked that two plots right beside each other will have different soil bearing capacity.

Having said the above, there are other crude methods of determining soil bearing capacity. These includes the experience and knowledge of the engineer that has worked in that area, the type of grass/weed that's grown on the land etc.

My submission would be that you should get a soil test done. 200k spent today on soil test will save your building, what does it profit you not to spend on a soil test and do a stripe pad foundation and the building collapsing in the future due to bad/wrong foundation?

covgrace10:
Thanks for the response. I’m just confused. Don’t want to spend 8 million on raft only.

I was told to do the test is 200k which is too expensive for me because presently the boq has doubled already.

He said without the soul test result he can’t decide on any other foundation which the estate owners didn’t do because my portion of land and land area is in the upper area. It was a hill before it was leveled. Even presently there’s still concrete covering it.

If I hire you to go there what exactly can you do to help me move forward and your cost
Re: Raft Or Strip Foundation by raymondFirstborn(m): 6:59am On Oct 18, 2022
covgrace10:

Engineering / construction
To carry out soil test, I and my team would have to visit your site with our equipment.

A bore test would be carried out, which would involve drilling to obtain soil from the strata below. Soil analysis can't be done with out drilling/digging/ boring through the soil.

After soil investigation and analysis , a test report would produced, which would give you information about the soil bearing capacity & type of foundation to be constructed.

Soil test is essential
09056082348(call & Whatsapp)
Re: Raft Or Strip Foundation by ishadfurnitures: 8:43am On Oct 18, 2022
Hello if the land is waterlogged area you have to go with Raft foundation, but if it's dry land you have to go with normal German floor , however to avoid a story that touch you have to the soil test ,but your best best is " RAFT" foundations. In case you need help in building call.or us chat 08099212590 we can even do the soil test for free for you thanks.
covgrace10:

i need urgent advice
Re: Raft Or Strip Foundation by seunpinky(m): 5:14pm On Apr 10, 2023
@atutupoyoyo2211, would like to reach out to you with regards to the lecturing industry in Canada. I am trying to gather some information on that career path. I am based in Ontario

Unfortunately, I don’t have access to my Nairaland email but you u can send me a mail on yuppiesdynasty@gmail.com

(1) (Reply)

For Sale! 5bedroom Fully Detached @ Ikota ₦185m.pls Call Eunice +2348029262694 / Five Ways Real Estate Agents Can Make Money / Britannia Heavy Duty Gas Cooker

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.