Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,646 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:18 PM

Car Advice - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Advice (875 Views)

Car Advice E320 Vs Camry (2005 Models) / Subaru Car Advice / 2005 Toyota Corolla:- Challenges Of This Car & Advice On Hire Purchase Offer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Car Advice by andteachallnati: 8:21pm On Oct 17, 2022
Greetings guys. Need your counsel from experience.
I was advised to get a Honda Civic 2008 instead of my preferred Toyota Corolla 2005-2007.

I was told the Honda Civic 2008 is as durable as the Corolla, has parts as strong and has similar or same fuel efficiency plus great second hand value.

At this point, the funds available will obviously favour getting the Honda considering the unreasonable Corolla prices this period.

Kindly help with you valuable advice please.
Re: Car Advice by lilvicky68(m): 8:30pm On Oct 17, 2022
Just wait a little bit. I will advise you in 2months time
Re: Car Advice by andteachallnati: 8:26am On Oct 18, 2022
lilvicky68:
Just wait a little bit. I will advise you in 2months time

Lol.
I really have to make a decision soon.
Re: Car Advice by ManAdii: 8:32am On Oct 18, 2022
andteachallnati:

Lol.
I really have to make a decision soon.

Howuch is the Honda and how much is the corolla?
Re: Car Advice by andteachallnati: 9:47am On Oct 18, 2022
Corolla is 1.9M and the Civic is 1.4M. Both are Nigerian used, neatly-used they claim.
ManAdii:

Howuch is the Honda and how much is the corolla?
Re: Car Advice by mbembe: 11:49am On Oct 18, 2022
Go for the Civic and you will not regret it. Saves you from the bland Corolla really.

1 Like

Re: Car Advice by melviniyke2002(m): 11:50am On Oct 18, 2022
Analysis between both:
Fuel economy: both
Parts : both
Thieves magnat: corolla
Resale value: corolla
Interior : Honda.....my personal opinion.....
Re: Car Advice by andteachallnati: 1:01pm On Oct 18, 2022
mbembe:
Go for the Civic and you will not regret it. Saves you from the bland Corolla really.

Thanks Chief.
Appreciated greatly.
Re: Car Advice by andteachallnati: 1:04pm On Oct 18, 2022
melviniyke2002:
Analysis between both:
Fuel economy: both
Parts : both
Thieves magnat: corolla
Resale value: corolla
Interior : Honda.....my personal opinion.....

Wow!
Many thanks man. I'm grateful.
But, then, you mentioned something not to be ignored in buying a car and that's resale value. For Corolla to have way better resale value, don't you think it's worth considering for the sake of the nearest future should a need for quick disposal arise?
Re: Car Advice by melviniyke2002(m): 9:10pm On Oct 18, 2022
andteachallnati:

Wow!
Many thanks man. I'm grateful.
But, then, you mentioned something not to be ignored in buying a car and that's resale value. For Corolla to have way better resale value, don't you think it's worth considering for the sake of the nearest future should a need for quick disposal arise?
ur decision to make.....inside life
Re: Car Advice by Prosperity4All: 12:23am On Oct 19, 2022
andteachallnati:
Corolla is 1.9M and the Civic is 1.4M. Both are Nigerian used, neatly-used they claim.

For a 2005 Corolla to pose a greater resale value than a 2008 Civic speaks volumes.
But more importantly make sure you go along with Mechanic to run comprehensive inspection on the Engi, Transmission and Suspension. So you identify any show stoppers and use it to negotiate Price down. Goodluck!!
Re: Car Advice by andteachallnati: 8:36am On Oct 19, 2022
Smiles...
Thanks my brother. It's mine to make and I'll do so wisely
melviniyke2002:
ur decision to make.....inside life
Re: Car Advice by andteachallnati: 8:37am On Oct 19, 2022
Sure! I'll do so.
Thanks for the counsel
Prosperity4All:

For a 2005 Corolla to pose a greater resale value than a 2008 Civic speaks volumes.
But more importantly make sure you go along with Mechanic to run comprehensive inspection on the Engi, Transmission and Suspension. So you identify any show stoppers and use it to negotiate Price down. Goodluck!!

(1) (Reply)

Flying Car Makes Successful Maiden Flight In The Netherlands [video] / Transmission Issues With Orobo Camry 94 Model / Nigeria To Start Producing Armoured Vehicles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.