Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,964 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:25 AM

Ghana's Currency Slumps To World’s Worst Performer Versus Dollar - Foreign Affairs (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Ghana's Currency Slumps To World’s Worst Performer Versus Dollar (58371 Views)

Euro Slumps To Two-decade Low As Recession Fears Bite / Throwback Of Zelenskyy As A Performer / China's Economic Growth Slumps To Lowest In 27 Years As The Trade War Hits (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ghana's Currency Slumps To World’s Worst Performer Versus Dollar by ike007(m): 7:05am On Oct 19, 2022
netmillionaires:
The cedi didn t remain strong. Ghana simply delete some zeros from its currency some years back. It is just like Nigeria removing two zeros from the naira and saying that naira is now #6.5/$1. Nothing changed.

Are you serious...can you imagine that!!!
Re: Ghana's Currency Slumps To World’s Worst Performer Versus Dollar by toxtimmy: 7:11am On Oct 19, 2022
So MTN is a person to you?... Which family compound from your village MTN is from?

I'm sure in your mind MTN na Nigeria company because Buhari tell you so?...Why e dey pain you say MTN dey pay taxes for wherever dem dey business in?... If not for MTN and other telcos na talking drum you for dey use type this message.

brandsoncharlie:

So mtn in Ghana means they're economic immigrant? Very funny guy.
The worst part is that they have eliminated unemployment and hunger from the hungry Ghanaian people, paying taxes to the government for revenue.
Re: Ghana's Currency Slumps To World’s Worst Performer Versus Dollar by plantainbender(m): 8:00am On Oct 19, 2022
Are you aware that four zeros were removed from the cedi during decimalization?

That means, 1000 cedis is 37.7 naira according to your analogy.

Locals in Accra, uptil tomorrow still refer to 100 cedi as 1million and 500 cedi as 5million because that's what it was before the abracadabra

Osobi32:
Oga are u aware that 1 cedi is 37.7 naira! A whole Nigeria with all the resources and u are here typing rubbish.
Re: Ghana's Currency Slumps To World’s Worst Performer Versus Dollar by brandsoncharlie: 11:25am On Oct 19, 2022
toxtimmy:
So MTN is a person to you?... Which family compound from your village MTN is from?

I'm sure in your mind MTN na Nigeria company because Buhari tell you so?...Why e dey pain you say MTN dey pay taxes for wherever dem dey business in?... If not for MTN and other telcos na talking drum you for dey use type this message.

Mtn just like uba bank, dangote company, zenith are owned by individuals Who came to invest in Ghana to expand their net profits .
They are not economic immigrants.
Re: Ghana's Currency Slumps To World’s Worst Performer Versus Dollar by toxtimmy: 12:34pm On Oct 19, 2022
All this jibberish because you think that you when leave Nigeria and of course go through immigration at Nigerian border and ghanian border for work in Ghana don't see yourself as an economic immigrant but you see yourself as MTN and UBA?...

What next?... I'm guessing you trekked from Nigeria to Ghana too...abi?

brandsoncharlie:

Mtn just like uba bank, dangote company, zenith are owned by individuals Who came to invest in Ghana to expand their net profits .
They are not economic immigrants.
Re: Ghana's Currency Slumps To World’s Worst Performer Versus Dollar by caprini1: 4:35pm On Oct 29, 2022
plantainbender:
Are you aware that four zeros were removed from the cedi during decimalization?

That means, 1000 cedis is 37.7 naira according to your analogy.

Locals in Accra, uptil tomorrow still refer to 100 cedi as 1million and 500 cedi as 5million because that's what it was before the abracadabra

Just seeing that comment and bursted out laughing...normally 1 cedi should be equal to a hundred naira ,but instead its 37....but i dont do all this calculations ,because a lot of Nigerians don't understand that ,even the worst scenario here is better than Ghana...I simply summarise it to them like this : A good bread of 700 naira is equivalent to 1500 naira in ghana,Case closed,because you cant really lecture them....i work in all the Ecowas countries,and i tell you,apart from bad Electricity and insecurity,NIGERIA is beautiful.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Prince Philip Worshipped As A God In Younanen, Vanuatu (Photos) / Check Out These Swaziland Representatives At A Meeting ( Photo) / – Man Who Shot South African Lucky Dube Says He Thought He Was A Nigerian.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.