Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,859 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:25 PM

Nigeria-india Students Fracas: Calm Has Been Restored - Abike Dabiri-erewa - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigeria-india Students Fracas: Calm Has Been Restored - Abike Dabiri-erewa (15786 Views)

Newly Restored Maritime Academy Of Nigeria. / “beware Of Substandard Foreign Varsities”- Abike Dabiri-erewa Advises Nigerian P / 2.8 Million India Students To Resit Exam After Test Leaked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria-india Students Fracas: Calm Has Been Restored - Abike Dabiri-erewa by Legendforte: 8:01am On Oct 18, 2022
gift2xl:
When did Nigeria start been concern of her citizens without Pocket interest.

Abeg wa Leah Sharibu!
Election time

1 Like

Re: Nigeria-india Students Fracas: Calm Has Been Restored - Abike Dabiri-erewa by naijainstinct: 8:10am On Oct 18, 2022
Bigchristo:
Abeg shut up I Dey the UAE here waiting you know?
Why are Nigerians in USA, Canada and western Europe not crying of victimisation? I wish UAE can make their immigration process more stiffer and systematic to encourage only skilled workers from Nigeria. I don't think any sane person will go through stringent academic evaluation, security clearance (PCC), write IELTS, etc to go and be pushing drugs or forming cultist in another man's land. All those nonsense na because every Tom, Dick and Harry, cultist, miscreants and prostitutes can apply for UAE visa without stress.
Re: Nigeria-india Students Fracas: Calm Has Been Restored - Abike Dabiri-erewa by naijainstinct: 8:18am On Oct 18, 2022
ponishah:

Forget it, she no try for that level of reply.
She belittle herself with such hate and ethnic bigotry.
She is not a garage woman, she was a role model.
I was a her fan, she stopped below expectation
Ethnic bigotry? I didn't see where she mentioned any tribe. Did I miss something?

The Bible said "the sinner runneth when no man pursueth....."
Re: Nigeria-india Students Fracas: Calm Has Been Restored - Abike Dabiri-erewa by naijainstinct: 8:20am On Oct 18, 2022
gr8ofnnetwork:

Una too dey carry talk. There are countless Americans, Brits and other Indians in different countries studying. Make comment like educated someone even though it is compromised.
Every little thing, "if..." as if there are non-Nigerians studying here.
Studying in a university that ranks several thousands below University of Lagos?
Re: Nigeria-india Students Fracas: Calm Has Been Restored - Abike Dabiri-erewa by naijainstinct: 8:26am On Oct 18, 2022
stevebond007:
If you can't school in western Europe, U.S or Canada; please BEWARE of were you go.
Gbam! I mean this school in India is ranked below 8500 in the world ranking....meanwhile UI, OAU and UNILAG are within top 600 in the world.

Even if our public universities cannot take everyone, our NUC accredited private universities cannot be that bad as to be ranked 8000 in the world. Except people who go to these places go for other ulterior motives such as drug pushing, advanced fraud and so on, the money spent can finance their education in most private schools in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria-india Students Fracas: Calm Has Been Restored - Abike Dabiri-erewa by Nobody: 9:01am On Oct 18, 2022
With all the millions of naira foolish parents decide to pay for their children schooling abroad, one would expect VIP treatment from the host nations, but alas its gbas gbos all the way.
Re: Nigeria-india Students Fracas: Calm Has Been Restored - Abike Dabiri-erewa by robosky02(m): 9:10am On Oct 18, 2022
Why not fund our schools so our children will be schooled with safety in our own land
Re: Nigeria-india Students Fracas: Calm Has Been Restored - Abike Dabiri-erewa by Bigchristo: 9:12am On Oct 18, 2022
naijainstinct:
Why are Nigerians in USA, Canada and western Europe not crying of victimisation? I wish UAE can make their immigration process more stiffer and systematic to encourage only skilled workers from Nigeria. I don't think any sane person will go through stringent academic evaluation, security clearance (PCC), write IELTS, etc to go and be pushing drugs or forming cultist in another man's land. All those nonsense na because every Tom, Dick and Harry, cultist, miscreants and prostitutes can apply for UAE visa without stress.
You are saying what you don’t know currently there’s a strict visa policy for Nigerians coming to UAE, nobody in his right sense will engage In cultism or drug dealing when they know the capital punishment for such crime, even to smoke or drink Alcohol for this UAE if the person doesn’t use his or her sense it attract jail terms, lately they’ve been trying to soften some policies due to foreigners coming into UAE but that doesn’t change the fact that they practice Sharia and if you don’t obey the laws they will jail the person regardless of whom or where that person is from, even we Nigerians has been removed from working visas due to the handwork of some useless Nigerians constituting nuisance here.

What brings us to this argument shouldn’t be neglected,. I am pointing out the facts that as a public officer holders who represent a country should understand that he or she represents both the good the bad or the ugly ones in his or her country so issuing a public statement should be very constructive in order not to indict the same citizens which he or she is representing, Most countries citizens go out and also constitute nuisance too but their people in government won’t publicly say it like what this lady did in tweeting about Nigerians engaging in drugs and cultism abroad, it would have been wise if she is warning Nigerians abroad to desist from doing such rather than using it to criticize them in her tweet, nobody is supporting cultism or drug dealing it went a long way affecting us in any countries we find ourselves I hope you get my point.
Re: Nigeria-india Students Fracas: Calm Has Been Restored - Abike Dabiri-erewa by Sixfiguresmart(m): 9:25am On Oct 18, 2022
You are a precious jewel in this country. Smart and articulate with a touch of excellence and finesse. Anyone who comes for you, redirect him to me. Thank you for your priceless thought. Can I follow you?
angelEmade:
Because sir, Nairaland does not have any climate change awareness agenda just like our government and the recent speech from BAT himself relying on foreign finances to implement solutions to control climate change even when we are all affected by this same climate change. Maybe if a platform like this starts publicizing these stats on flooding, rising temperatures, mudslides, etc. in Nigeria then the government would become alive to the real dangers and problems citizens are facing as a result of this global climate issues.
But well...this platform is old and like its creators, it is void of innovations.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria-india Students Fracas: Calm Has Been Restored - Abike Dabiri-erewa by naijainstinct: 9:29am On Oct 18, 2022
Bigchristo:
You are saying what you don’t know currently there’s a strict visa policy for Nigerians coming to UAE, nobody in his right sense will engage In cultism or drug dealing when they know the capital punishment for such crime, even to smoke or drink Alcohol for this UAE if the person doesn’t use his or her sense it attract jail terms, lately they’ve been trying to soften some policies due to foreigners coming into UAE but that doesn’t change the fact that they practice Sharia and if you don’t obey the laws they will jail the person regardless of whom or where that person is from, even we Nigerians has been removed from working visas due to the handwork of some useless Nigerians constituting nuisance here.

What brings us to this argument shouldn’t be neglected,. I am pointing out the facts that as a public officer holders who represent a country should understand that he or she represents both the good the bad or the ugly ones in his or her country so issuing a public statement should be very constructive in order not to indict the same citizens which he or she is representing, Most countries citizens go out and also constitute nuisance too but their people in government won’t publicly say it like what this lady did in tweeting about Nigerians engaging in drugs and cultism abroad, it would have been wise if she is warning Nigerians abroad to desist from doing such rather than using it to criticize them in her tweet, nobody is supporting cultism or drug dealing it went a long way affecting us in any countries we find ourselves I hope you get my point.
I understand you better now. Thanks for the clarification.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria-india Students Fracas: Calm Has Been Restored - Abike Dabiri-erewa by angelfallz(m): 9:38am On Oct 18, 2022
The twitter user also showed bad behaviour, lack of home training and lack of manners to talk to her in that way.
We need to learn to be polite when speaking to others, they have feelings too.

Bigchristo:
She show her unprofessional behavior to respond in such manners, next time she won’t even stand a chance to defend any Nigerian if caught with illicit drugs or anything else in that country Nigeria office holders don’t learn constructive choice of words while speaking in public, whatever she tweeted has been documented
Re: Nigeria-india Students Fracas: Calm Has Been Restored - Abike Dabiri-erewa by Bigchristo: 9:46am On Oct 18, 2022
angelfallz:
The twitter user also showed bad behaviour, lack of home training and lack of manners to talk to her in that way.
We need to learn to be polite when speaking to others, they have feelings too.

Yes the Twitter user is a very foolish guy to even attack her publicly but as person holding such office she wouldn’t have allow such make her lose her cool such person should be quietly sleeping on block list rather than creating more scenes, if mad person throws a normal person stone na to avoid am otherwise when the person start fighting with a mad man the public will tag them both to be mad people

1 Like

Re: Nigeria-india Students Fracas: Calm Has Been Restored - Abike Dabiri-erewa by angelfallz(m): 9:52am On Oct 18, 2022
Well said, well said. But you see it would be counter productive to block the same people that you are trying to inform.

Also, I don't think it is only because of him that she snapped. Probably, people have been insulting her.

So, it is better that people know that she too has a bad mouth and would think twice before insulting her, rather than blocking them and thereby denying them valuable information.

Someone in her position, if she blocks everyone that insults her, you would see that number of people she is trying to reach would reduce.

Bigchristo:
Yes the Twitter user is a very foolish guy to even attack her publicly but as person holding such office she wouldn’t have allow such make her lose her cool such person should be quietly sleeping on block list rather than creating more scenes, if mad person throws a normal person stone na to avoid am otherwise when the person start fighting with a mad man the public will tag them both to be mad people
Re: Nigeria-india Students Fracas: Calm Has Been Restored - Abike Dabiri-erewa by Bigchristo: 10:03am On Oct 18, 2022
angelfallz:
Well said, well said. But you see it would be counter productive to block the same people that you are trying to inform.

Also, I don't think it is only because of him that she snapped. Probably, people have been insulting her.

So, it is better that people know that she too has a bad mouth and would think twice before insulting her, rather than blocking them and thereby denying them valuable information.

Someone in her position, if she blocks everyone that insults her, you would see that number of people she is trying to reach would reduce.

Nor be lie sha Nigerians on Twitter get very bad mouth sometimes you need give them back to back make them feel am too grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria-india Students Fracas: Calm Has Been Restored - Abike Dabiri-erewa by angelfallz(m): 10:10am On Oct 18, 2022
Exactly
Bigchristo:
Nor be lie sha Nigerians on Twitter get very bad mouth sometimes you need give them back to back make them feel am too grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria-india Students Fracas: Calm Has Been Restored - Abike Dabiri-erewa by Parrot69: 2:53pm On Oct 18, 2022
kiako:
She really sounded so unprofessional in that her clapback ..... Very petty and nauseating.

US spies will be caught in another country but they'll still stand by them and sort ways to release or swap them.

But she, just generalized and joining hands in victimizing Nigerians is sillly

But for the India own, she tried.

When they say people like you should have sense, but you refuse. Going to school and bagging a diploma is not wisdom, but education makes you more responsible than being an illiterate. Wisdom is divine. 80% of commentators here don't have it.
Back to the topic: You said "spies" but what she's insinuating about is young people from YOUR country get jailed for drug related/criminal offenses which under the foreign mission rules is under prohibition for diplomats to interfere in host country mode of conduct.
This type of Act is giving your country bad name and very difficult for someone in her position to interfere.
Re: Nigeria-india Students Fracas: Calm Has Been Restored - Abike Dabiri-erewa by Parrot69: 3:01pm On Oct 18, 2022
naijainstinct:
.....and the guy was very professional in his approach abi? See, na craze dem dey take cure craze. No one has the monopoly of rudeness. I feel she was even lenient enough. How can you address someone's mother as mumu woman because she is holding a public office and holds a different political view from yours? If we were to rate public officers, Abike is doing far better than most of her peers.

That said, your analogy of US spies is misplaced. Spies are usually on a national assignment, hence they ought to be protected by their employers. Or are you saying the drug pushers and cultists were also on national assignments in foreign land? Please enlighten me. Thanks!

Thanks for replying him.
I also questioned his motifs; It baffles me the level of shallow mindsets the Education ministry shun out into the society all in the name of "Graduates".
Re: Nigeria-india Students Fracas: Calm Has Been Restored - Abike Dabiri-erewa by naijainstinct: 3:10pm On Oct 18, 2022
Parrot69:

Thanks for replying him.
I also questioned his motifs; It baffles me the level of shallow mindsets the Education ministry shun out into the society all in the name of "Graduates".
grin grin
Re: Nigeria-india Students Fracas: Calm Has Been Restored - Abike Dabiri-erewa by Nobody: 10:25pm On Oct 18, 2022
naijainstinct:
.....and the guy was very professional in his approach abi? See, na craze dem dey take cure craze. No one has the monopoly of rudeness. I feel she was even lenient enough. How can you address someone's mother as mumu woman because she is holding a public office and holds a different political view from yours? If we were to rate public officers, Abike is doing far better than most of her peers.

That said, your analogy of US spies is misplaced. Spies are usually on a national assignment, hence they ought to be protected by their employers. Or are you saying the drug pushers and cultists were also on national assignments in foreign land? Please enlighten me. Thanks!

The whole point of the whole thing is to highlight the much extent a governmental individual should chun out words about his / her citizens she's looking after......

If she was an ordinary individual and says that, just like you're doing here, its not to be taken as much an issue .... But being a govt property ? Saying that ? Hell na

Its not fit at all.

Just like wen bubu called "his" citizens lazy..... Did anyone take it with a pinch of salt ? No, everyone went mad.

But that doesn't mean there aren't naija youths that are lazy.

Imagine Biden coming online to tell you how violent Americans are, citing the shootings going on there.

Its all shades of inappropriate for a Dabiri to respond that way.

Meanwhile, you can read what's happening here :

https://www.nairaland.com/7389373/ezekwesili-knocks-abike-dabiri-erewa-nidcom

I knew it from d start
Re: Nigeria-india Students Fracas: Calm Has Been Restored - Abike Dabiri-erewa by Nobody: 7:55am On Oct 20, 2022
Parrot69:

I Parrot69 is a Son of a bastărd mother who keeps being raped by a dog.
The very Parrot69 a Dirty Stinking infidel, Useless poverty stricken Rag Tag scum living in a 2rooms and Palour with his sister sharing the same bed. He who Thunder keeps firing his whole generation both born and unborn. Parrot69 A Concentrated and Unapologetic Bastărd! You haven't seen my kind yet.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

University Of Lagos (unilag) Diploma/foundation 2012/2013 Form Is Out / Two New Lagos State-Owned Universities Receive NUC Recognition / Important Info About Pre-degree Programme In Nigerian Universities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.