Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,806 members, 7,820,827 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:41 PM

I Won’t Run For Public Office Again – Peter Obi (Throwback) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Won’t Run For Public Office Again – Peter Obi (Throwback) (1380 Views)

2027: I Have Character, I Won’t Run Against Tinubu — Wike / When Festus Keyamo Was Fighting For Peter Obi (Throwback) / Fayose Won’t Run Away From Nigeria, Not Afraid Of EFCC - Lere Olayinka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Won’t Run For Public Office Again – Peter Obi (Throwback) by FreeStuffsNG: 11:26pm On Oct 19, 2022
I Won’t Run For Public Office Again – Peter Obi

Published by Punch Newspaper & First posted Nairaland FP On Mar 27, 2012.

Anambra State Governor Peter Obi has said he will not run for elective public office or hold any political office after his tenure as governor in 2014.

In a statement in Awka on Monday, the Senior Special Assistant to the Governor on Media and Publicity, Mr. Valentine Obienyem, said Obi would retire to his family and private life after completing his tenure.

Obienyem, who was reacting to reports that Obi was having issues with his Imo State counterpart, Chief Rochas Okorocha, said the governor had a passion to serve his people faithfully.

The report said the National Chairman of the All Progressives Grand Alliance, Chief Victor Umeh, had declared that Okorocha would replace the late Chief Emeka Ojukwu as the leader of Igbo, instead of Obi, many had suggested for the role.

Obi has also been linked with an aspiration to run as Vice-President in 2015 after his tenure.

“The governor himself has said it for the umpteenth time that after serving the people of the state that he would not go for any other political job, senate, ministerial appointment or any other,” Obienyem said.

He insisted that Obi and Okorcha were not at loggerheads, saying the reports of their brawling were unfounded.

He called on the media to reject one-sided stories and ensure that the views of all sides to a story were reflected in the interest of objectivity.

Obienyem said, “I am sure if the writer of that story had contacted either of the governors’ aides, they would have got the right position, except he was clearly out for mischief.”

https://www.nairaland.com/900817/wont-run-public-office-again

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Won’t Run For Public Office Again – Peter Obi (Throwback) by FreeStuffsNG: 11:27pm On Oct 19, 2022
About same time, Pa Obi made promises to APGA, his former party but failed to keep his word.

Since then when he vowed never to leave APGA , he has decamped from APGA to PDP and from PDP to a mushroom party, lp today.

Is lp his last bus stop or just a transit camp?

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Won’t Run For Public Office Again – Peter Obi (Throwback) by Massiveglory: 11:27pm On Oct 19, 2022
Peter obi is not running for presidency . Nigerians are running for presidency through PODATTI.
No fake news , propaganda or lies can change us.

Emilokan and his miscreants with their numerous accounts manufacture fake news, share fake news and fact-check fake news. They seem to have found someone here who push their fake news with speed to front page. They have almost turned nairaland to a dump site of fake news.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Won’t Run For Public Office Again – Peter Obi (Throwback) by N3TRAL: 11:29pm On Oct 19, 2022
grin
Re: I Won’t Run For Public Office Again – Peter Obi (Throwback) by Abfinest007(m): 11:33pm On Oct 19, 2022
I have seen footballers who com out of retirement just to help eir con³ or club

He came to help Nigeria .he has nothing to lose if he chose not to contest again

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Won’t Run For Public Office Again – Peter Obi (Throwback) by Goodson15: 11:36pm On Oct 19, 2022
"AM NOT DESPERATE FOR POWER " PETER OBI,

we need to take back our country,this is not the country I met 2012,

OBI is our hope this critical time

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Won’t Run For Public Office Again – Peter Obi (Throwback) by lhordspy: 11:38pm On Oct 19, 2022
It is no longer news that Peter obi is a thief, a scammer, a fraudster, a deciever, a religious segregational and a tribal bigot.

But of recent, Nigerians started witnessing a new character of his, he has now metarmorphous into an extreme unrepentant liar....

How he manages to mask his lying prowess all this while is something i find amazing, well there is nothing a mesmerizing deceiver can not disguise.

We know Obi pandora is a thief, assuming we always go by the word of the wise ones. We would have noticed since before now that he is also a pathological unrepentant Lair

The old wise ones were never wrong, vindicatively. Remember they said : somebody that telll lies will also be stealing .

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Won’t Run For Public Office Again – Peter Obi (Throwback) by owobokiri(m): 11:39pm On Oct 19, 2022
It's like you are frustrated that he finally decided to run for public office again. Do you go to bed praying to wake up and hear that Peter Obi died? Just so you can have an easy path of making a senile old drug lord, the president of the largest black nation on earth? Obi said he was not interested in public office after serving as a governor for 8 years. He would later change his mind to contest for the presidency since the janja-weed party was pushing Nigeria off the brink. What is wrong with that bikonû? He has no right to change his mind again? Is it a crime against humanity to change your mind sometimes? Why are you Tinupoo reptiles opening endless threads over this? Why the fixation on Obi? Focus a little on Atiku too. Thought you said it's only 2 candidates that are contesting the presidential elections?

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Won’t Run For Public Office Again – Peter Obi (Throwback) by kk2027: 11:40pm On Oct 19, 2022
Goodson15:
"AM NOT DESPERATE FOR POWER " PETER OBI,

we need to take back our country,this is not the country I met 2012,

OBI is our hope this critical time

Yes o he has never been desperate for power but at this juncture he's desperate to see a new Nigeria, thank God he changed his mind

PO is a billionaire, if Nigeria remains with bullion vans, it wont affect him, but thank goodness it touches his heart to come to the rescue

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Won’t Run For Public Office Again – Peter Obi (Throwback) by kk2027: 11:41pm On Oct 19, 2022
I was about to respond then I saw the punch new link on the post is fake

This is another fake news that belongs to the dustbin

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Won’t Run For Public Office Again – Peter Obi (Throwback) by MuslimIgbo: 11:42pm On Oct 19, 2022
Obi with the gutter-tap mouth

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Won’t Run For Public Office Again – Peter Obi (Throwback) by Treasure17(m): 11:43pm On Oct 19, 2022
lhordspy:
It is no longer news that Peter obi a thief, a scammer, a fraudster, a deciever, a religious segregational and a tribal bigot.

But of recent Nigerians started witness a new character of his, he has now metarmorphous into an extreme unrepentant liar....

How he manages to mask his lying prowess all this while is something i find amazing, well there is nothing a mesmerizing deceiver can not disguise.
Which of your generation has he scam? You people just throw words around without providing evidence to back up your preconceived allegations.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Won’t Run For Public Office Again – Peter Obi (Throwback) by FreeStuffsNG: 11:45pm On Oct 19, 2022
kk2027:
I was about to respond then I saw the link is broken

This is another fake news that belongs tothe dustbin

It was 10 years ago and made the frontpage wink

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Won’t Run For Public Office Again – Peter Obi (Throwback) by lhordspy: 11:49pm On Oct 19, 2022
Treasure17:

Which of your generation has he scam? You people just throw words around without providing evidence to back up your preconceived allegations.

He diverted the state's fund into his daughter offshore account.

What about the over 300m naira he was caught with, inconjunction with his driver. I remember,he said he wanted using it in purchasing a car back then. They had to tell him to go back and deposit the money into the bank. I remember all this happened in Lagos.

What about the large sum of money he said he invested into a beer business. Which he later ran into historical loss. Do you know why? Because the said money he withdrew from the state account for the investment wasnt what he invested into the business. The business died because of lack of funding.

Remember a lecturer at UNN confirmed he was a 3rd class graduate of philosophy . But peter showed us a 2nd class certificate.

Remember also his UNN result is having a different name with his NYSC discharge certificate. Your guess is as good as mine, he forged the result definitely.

I can go on and on...Peter is a scammer and a fraudster.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Won’t Run For Public Office Again – Peter Obi (Throwback) by Treasure17(m): 11:56pm On Oct 19, 2022
lhordspy:

He diverted the state's fund into his daughter offshore account.

What about the over 300m naira he was caught with, inconjunction with his driver. I remember,he said he wanted using it in purchasing a car back then. They had to tell him to go back and deposit the money into the bank. I remember all this happened in Lagos.

What about the large sum of money he said he used to invest into a beer business. Which he later ran into historical loss. Do you know why? Because the said money he withdrew from the state account for the investment wasnt what he invested into the business. The business died on lack of funding.

Remember a lecturer at UNN confirmed he was a 3rd class graduate. But peter showed as a 2nd class.

Remember also is UNN result is having a different name with his NYSC discharge certificate. Your guess is as good as mine, he forged the result definitely.

I can go on and on...Peter is a scammer and a fraudster.
These are rumours. Present evidence oga. He's a fraudster and your fav is an angel right? Go to bed please.

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Run For Public Office Again – Peter Obi (Throwback) by lhordspy: 11:58pm On Oct 19, 2022
Treasure17:

These are rumours. Present evidence oga. He's a fraudster and your fav is an angel right? Go to bed please.

About which one. Please specify

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Won’t Run For Public Office Again – Peter Obi (Throwback) by Scream(m): 11:58pm On Oct 19, 2022
He changed his mind....sweat that you haven't changed your mind on issues before!
Re: I Won’t Run For Public Office Again – Peter Obi (Throwback) by FreeStuffsNG: 12:19am On Oct 20, 2022
Scream:
He changed his mind....sweat that you haven't changed your mind on issues before!
Hmmm.
So he "changed his mind" with tissue of lies

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Won’t Run For Public Office Again – Peter Obi (Throwback) by Nobody: 12:29am On Oct 20, 2022
The guy sef no believe say he go ever get Opportunity to contest, his emergence as VP for Atiku na miracle, normally PO no be politician, see how he dey campaign na, how he manage win with new party for Anambra na shocker.

Any man is going to quit the race December.

Atiku is coming
Re: I Won’t Run For Public Office Again – Peter Obi (Throwback) by kk2027: 12:46am On Oct 20, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:

It was 10 years ago and made the frontpage wink

When did nairaland become a media house?
The punch news link associated with it is fake

14 Likes

Re: I Won’t Run For Public Office Again – Peter Obi (Throwback) by FreeStuffsNG: 12:54am On Oct 20, 2022
kk2027:

When did nairaland become a media house?
The punch news link associated with it is fake

It is no brainer that such links of old news of over 10 years are broken during updates on news websites like that but the hardcopy will be available in library. You are obviously not an IT person or just being mischievious.

Nairaland pushes to its FP political news with verifiable links. It you are good in I.T you will know it is an original link

This one is recent but the link to the original story is not available. It does not make it fake.

The character flaw of Pa Obi is being peeled and unveiled layer by layer. You should expect more exposition of his lies.

https://punchng.com/peter-obi-vowed-never-to-leave-our-party-till-death-apga-chairman-victor-oye/

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Won’t Run For Public Office Again – Peter Obi (Throwback) by kk2027: 1:05am On Oct 20, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:

It is no brainer that such links of old news of over 10 years are broken during updates on news websites like that but the hardcopy will be available in library. You are obviously not an IT person or just being mischievious.

Nairaland pushes to its FP political news with verifiable links. It you are good in I.T you will know it is an original link

This one is recent but the link to the original story is not available. It does not make it fake.

The character flaw of Pa Obi is being peeled and unveiled layer by layer. You should expect more exposition of his lies.

https://punchng.com/peter-obi-vowed-never-to-leave-our-party-till-death-apga-chairman-victor-oye/

The bolded part is another reason why you should rest

PO running for office benefits me and you more than it benefits him

15 Likes

Re: I Won’t Run For Public Office Again – Peter Obi (Throwback) by aariwa(m): 1:10am On Oct 20, 2022
Then go and stop him from running

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Run For Public Office Again – Peter Obi (Throwback) by Ogakaycce(m): 1:11am On Oct 20, 2022
If una like mek una open 1 million threads against peter obi.

Las las na peter obi go be una next president

3 Likes

Re: I Won’t Run For Public Office Again – Peter Obi (Throwback) by FreeStuffsNG: 1:25am On Oct 20, 2022
kk2027:

If you want to easily move on after realising that Pa Obi does not keep his words, then the complexity of running an office of the Presidency is above his learning and character.

He can start from paying restitution to Ndi Anambra he ruled for 8 years wink

Today, Anambra state is today under flood with countless loss of lives snd properties destroyed due to his failire as one of the past Governors of Anambra.

While states like Lagos and Akwa Ibom that share coast to the atlantic have mitigated the impact of flooding by investing heavily in large drainages in their past adminstrations and current Governors, past leaders of Anambra like Pa Obi invested money that should go for such vital infrastructures like giant drainages in a brewery owned by his family.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Won’t Run For Public Office Again – Peter Obi (Throwback) by Validated: 1:33am On Oct 20, 2022
Obi will humiliate this old cargo in February both home (Lagos and Osun) and abroad and retire him permanently to St Johns's old people's home, Ibadan

Re: I Won’t Run For Public Office Again – Peter Obi (Throwback) by PointZerom: 3:55am On Oct 20, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
About same time, Pa Obi made promises to APGA, his former party but failed to keep his word.

Since then when he vowed never to leave APGA , he has decamped from APGA to PDP and from PDP to a mushroom party, lp today.

Is lp his last bus stop or just a transit camp?

Even Buhari said he won't contest again and Thifnubu went and brought him back.

Thifnubu who never liked Muslim Muslim ticket is now enjoying it.

Somtimes I wonder if APC supporters has sense.

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Run For Public Office Again – Peter Obi (Throwback) by PointZerom: 4:03am On Oct 20, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
If you want to easily move on after realising that Pa Obi does not keep his words, then the complexity of running an office of the Presidency is above his learning and character.

He can start from paying restitution to Ndi Anambra he ruled for 8 years wink

Today, Anambra state is today under flood with countless loss of lives snd properties destroyed due to his failire as one of the past Governors of Anambra.

While states like Lagos and Akwa Ibom that share coast to the atlantic have mitigated the impact of flooding by investing heavily in large drainages in their past adminstrations and current Governors, past leaders of Anambra like Pa Obi invested money that should go for such vital infrastructures like giant drainages in a brewery owned by his family.

You can't defend Thifnubu and APC without sounding foolish.

The first picture is a car swallowed by flood in Lagos.

The second picture is very pathetic. All happened in Lagos.

Re: I Won’t Run For Public Office Again – Peter Obi (Throwback) by Whois(m): 4:45am On Oct 20, 2022
My family and I will still vote him

1 Like

Re: I Won’t Run For Public Office Again – Peter Obi (Throwback) by blancsn1: 4:55am On Oct 20, 2022
Takes by fools light
Massiveglory:
Peter obi is not running for presidency . Nigerians are running for presidency through PODATTI.
No fake news , propaganda or lies can change us.

Emilokan and his miscreants with their numerous accounts manufacture fake news, share fake news and fact-check fake news. They seem to have found someone here who push their fake news with speed to front page. They have almost turned nairaland to a dump site of fake news.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Won’t Run For Public Office Again – Peter Obi (Throwback) by Efuaye(m): 5:01am On Oct 20, 2022
He changed his mind and so what?

2 Likes

Re: I Won’t Run For Public Office Again – Peter Obi (Throwback) by techWriter3: 7:16am On Oct 20, 2022
politicians with the drainpipe-faucet mouth

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Will Dialogue With Ipob - Tinubu / The Bible Verse That PROVES The Ancient Israelites Were Blacks / 2023: Why The G5 Will Never Endorse Any Candidate Uniformly.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.