Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,689 members, 7,831,133 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:14 PM

Chinese Man Bags 5 Years Imprisonment For Illegal Mining In Kwara - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Chinese Man Bags 5 Years Imprisonment For Illegal Mining In Kwara (998 Views)

EFCC Arraigns Two Chinese Over Illegal Mining Activities (Photo) / EFCC Arrests Two Chinese, One Other For Suspected Illegal Mining In Ilorin / Osun Arrests 17 Chinese, Traditional Chief, 9 Locals For Illegal Mining (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chinese Man Bags 5 Years Imprisonment For Illegal Mining In Kwara by Bullet01(f): 2:05am On Oct 20, 2022
Leadership News:

Justice Muhammed Sani of the Federal High Court sitting in Ilorin, Kwara State, on Wednesday, convicted and sentenced a 29-year-old Chinese national, Gang Deng, to five years imprisonment over offences bordering on illegal mining and possession of crude minerals without lawful authority.

Gang was arrested along Tsaragi road in Share town, Edu local government area of the State on September 9, 2022 by the Ilorin Zonal Command of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).

He was found to be in possession of 25 tons of crude minerals suspected to be lepidolite. Lepidolite is a raw material usually transported to China for production of batteries for vehicles, cell phones, cameras and other electronic devices.

It would be recalled that operatives of the EFCC, in collaboration with the Kwara State Command of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) and the Federal Ministry of Mines and Steel Development, had on August 30, 2022, arrested 13 suspected illegal miners operating in Kakafu village in Patigi local government area of the State.

The Chinese national, who is the Managing Director of Sinuo Xinyang Nigeria Ltd, confessed to the crime, admitting that he was operating without license.

Consequently, the Ilorin Command of the EFCC arraigned Gang alongside his company, Sinuo Xinyang Nigeria Ltd, on one count amended charge before Justice Sani.

When the charge was read to the defendant, he pleaded guilty, but entered “not guilty plea” for his company.

Justice Muhammed Sani of the Federal High Court sitting in Ilorin, Kwara State, on Wednesday, convicted and sentenced a 29-year-old Chinese national, Gang Deng, to five years imprisonment over offences bordering on illegal mining and possession of crude minerals without lawful authority.

Gang was arrested along Tsaragi road in Share town, Edu local government area of the State on September 9, 2022 by the Ilorin Zonal Command of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).

He was found to be in possession of 25 tons of crude minerals suspected to be lepidolite. Lepidolite is a raw material usually transported to China for production of batteries for vehicles, cell phones, cameras and other electronic devices.

It would be recalled that operatives of the EFCC, in collaboration with the Kwara State Command of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) and the Federal Ministry of Mines and Steel Development, had on August 30, 2022, arrested 13 suspected illegal miners operating in Kakafu village in Patigi local government area of the State.

The Chinese national, who is the Managing Director of Sinuo Xinyang Nigeria Ltd, confessed to the crime, admitting that he was operating without license.

Consequently, the Ilorin Command of the EFCC arraigned Gang alongside his company, Sinuo Xinyang Nigeria Ltd, on one count amended charge before Justice Sani.

When the charge was read to the defendant, he pleaded guilty, but entered “not guilty plea” for his company.

The charge reads: “That you Sinuo Xinyang Nigeria Ltd and Gang Deng, sometime in the Month of September 2022 at Share, along Tsaragi Road in Edu Local Government Area of Kwara State, within the jurisdiction of the Federal High Court, without lawful authority purchased mineral to wit. 25 Tons of Mineral worth the sum of N2,490,000.00 conveyed in a DAF truck, with registration number KLRAD85XCOE603462 and thereby committed an Offence, Contrary and punishable under Section 1 (cool (b) of Miscellaneous Offences Act 1984.”

The court, thereafter, adjourned to November 17, 2022 for hearing in the case of the convict’s company, Sinuo Xinyang Nigeria Ltd.

https://leadership.ng/chinese-man-bags-5-years-imprisonment-for-illegal-mining-in-kwara/

1 Like

Re: Chinese Man Bags 5 Years Imprisonment For Illegal Mining In Kwara by oluwoleife: 2:44am On Oct 20, 2022
Kudos to govt atleast
Re: Chinese Man Bags 5 Years Imprisonment For Illegal Mining In Kwara by Jakumo(m): 3:08am On Oct 20, 2022
This is a very encouraging start illustrating that Chinese criminals who swarm over to despoil and ransack Africa's natural resources are no longer above the laws of the land, at least in Nigeria. This apprehended bandit miner from China should be allowed to die in prison if he starves there, just as do fellow prisoners that are of Nigerian nationality. Obviously, he should be booted back to China the instant his jail sentence is served in full.

Next, the Chinese owners of that factory in Ogun State where Nigerian workers were routinely locked inside factory buildings like slaves and then burnt to death when the factory caught fire, should also be rounded up and allowed to enjoy their right to face a free and fair trial, after which they should become tenants in the Nigerian prison system for at least 25 years each, as a prelude to their swift deportation straight back to that nasty polluted homeland the instant their debt to society has been discharged in full.
Re: Chinese Man Bags 5 Years Imprisonment For Illegal Mining In Kwara by santakris(m): 5:55am On Oct 20, 2022
How can you enter another man's land and start exploring their natural resources without approval? This only happen in Africa. He may even be without proper authorization.

1 Like

Re: Chinese Man Bags 5 Years Imprisonment For Illegal Mining In Kwara by PerfectStranger(m): 7:00am On Oct 20, 2022
I’m sure he doesn’t even have a visa. angry

1 Like

Re: Chinese Man Bags 5 Years Imprisonment For Illegal Mining In Kwara by Melonsmasher: 7:06am On Oct 20, 2022
Faceless Chinese man

1 Like

Re: Chinese Man Bags 5 Years Imprisonment For Illegal Mining In Kwara by MP3GAGAdotCOM(f): 7:13am On Oct 20, 2022
He must have been sent by ONE SKULL MINER tongue grin
Re: Chinese Man Bags 5 Years Imprisonment For Illegal Mining In Kwara by Jakumo(m): 7:40am On Oct 20, 2022
Melonsmasher:
Faceless Chinese man

You no see am? If to say na Nigeria man dem cash you go see all him pinshure togeda witi hin broda, hin wife and all pikin pinshure join sef.

But because na China man when dem cash for teef matter, we nogo see hin face lai-lai because hin Oga witi federal na like one and two.

Policeman sef dem know say man pass man for Nigeria today. Na who sabi road reach federal, go get yanga pawa for Nigeria.

Who mistake go give am wahala go suffer federal suffer.

1 Like

Re: Chinese Man Bags 5 Years Imprisonment For Illegal Mining In Kwara by Melonsmasher: 10:55am On Oct 20, 2022
Jakumo:

You no see am? If to say na Nigeria man dem cash you go see all him pinshure togeda witi hin broda, hin wife and all pikin pinshure join sef.

But because na China man when dem cash for teef matter, we nogo see hin face lai-lai because hin Oga witi federal na like one and two.

Policeman sef dem know say man pass man for Nigeria today. Na who sabi road reach federal, go get yanga pawa for Nigeria.

Who mistake go give am wahala go suffer federal suffer.
Exactly my thoughts..
Re: Chinese Man Bags 5 Years Imprisonment For Illegal Mining In Kwara by obafemiawoga: 12:38pm On Oct 20, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSrd9lnWJ_0

Survivor cries at Lekki tollgate as he remembers he could have been killed in the October 20, 2020 shooting

One survivor of the October 20, 2020 Lekki shooting incident, Jacob Desmond, broke down in tears as he visited the tollgate for the 2nd year anniversary of the sad incident.

Jacob said he would have been killed in the unfortunate incident as he was present when the shooting started.

He bent on his knees to weep as he reflected on the sad incident. As he spoke with journalists, two policemen arrived and asked him to follow them.
Re: Chinese Man Bags 5 Years Imprisonment For Illegal Mining In Kwara by TalabiAudu: 9:23am On Oct 21, 2022
troot

anti-spam bot removed my post and banned me when I posted my pfp ticket during the midnight.

Pls what do I do?

cc: pfpmoderator puskin
Re: Chinese Man Bags 5 Years Imprisonment For Illegal Mining In Kwara by TalabiAudu: 4:01pm On Oct 21, 2022
TalabiAudu:
troot

anti-spam bot removed my post and banned me when I posted my pfp ticket during the midnight.

Pls what do I do?

cc: pfpmoderator puskin

puskin help me pls
Re: Chinese Man Bags 5 Years Imprisonment For Illegal Mining In Kwara by TalabiAudu: 5:39pm On Oct 21, 2022
TalabiAudu:

puskin help me pls

Stephenmoka4, Tk4all, pascal558, spolo, tradepunter2

Pls guys spambot don remove my pfp post wey I post since midnight. Who fit help me post am abeg as puskin, troot, pfpmoderator no answer me like this?
Before 6pm deadline
Re: Chinese Man Bags 5 Years Imprisonment For Illegal Mining In Kwara by SPOLO(m): 5:47pm On Oct 21, 2022
TalabiAudu:

Pls guys spambot don remove my pfp post wey I post since midnight. Who fit help me post am abeg as puskin, troot, pfpmoderator no answer me like this?
Before 6pm deadline

Repost am again
Re: Chinese Man Bags 5 Years Imprisonment For Illegal Mining In Kwara by Stephenmoka4(m): 5:50pm On Oct 21, 2022
TalabiAudu:
troot

Pls what do I do?

kin
I can't find the post, if you get banned from a PFP posts - check if there is link or combination of words that causes it, otherwise you and I may be banned again. Repost pls or drop the bet code, let's load it.
Re: Chinese Man Bags 5 Years Imprisonment For Illegal Mining In Kwara by talabiaudu2: 6:04pm On Oct 21, 2022
Stephenmoka4:
I can't find the post, if you get banned from a PFP posts - check if there is link or combination of words that causes it, otherwise you and I may be banned again. Repost pls or drop the bet code, let's load it.

I tried to send the code with my alternate now and it was removed and banned by antispam bot again! angry angry

I think the code combination is causing it

This is the code 3 7 5 8 9 3 8 5 4
Re: Chinese Man Bags 5 Years Imprisonment For Illegal Mining In Kwara by talabiaudu2: 6:06pm On Oct 21, 2022
SPOLO:

Repost am again

I was banned again and again.

I'm the one that sent you a dm on twitter.

Thank God I don post on twitter since morning as for evidence
Re: Chinese Man Bags 5 Years Imprisonment For Illegal Mining In Kwara by Stephenmoka4(m): 6:08pm On Oct 21, 2022
talabiaudu2:

I tried to send the code with my alternate now and it was removed and banned by antispam bot again! angry angry

I think the code combination is causing it

This is the code 3 7 5 8 9 3 8 5 4
Damn it's passed 6 already, but why the ban? na wa oo
Re: Chinese Man Bags 5 Years Imprisonment For Illegal Mining In Kwara by talabiaudu2: 6:12pm On Oct 21, 2022
Stephenmoka4:
Damn it's passed 6 already, but why the ban? na wa oo

The ban is crazy, since midnight wey I don post as I know I would be busy throughout the day.
Only to check back and see that my post has been removed.

I don sha post for twitter.

The game may not green sha, as per alabi wey we sabi grin grin

But if the game green, I no go wan hear any story oo, lol
Re: Chinese Man Bags 5 Years Imprisonment For Illegal Mining In Kwara by Tk4all(m): 6:12pm On Oct 21, 2022
TalabiAudu:

Before 6pm deadline
Hope you posted it on twitter already. according to puskin, your post will be brought out later so just chill since you mention him
Re: Chinese Man Bags 5 Years Imprisonment For Illegal Mining In Kwara by talabiaudu2: 6:14pm On Oct 21, 2022
Tk4all:

Hope you posted it on twitter already. according to puskin, your post will be brought out later so just chill since you mention him

Yes I posted it on twitter.

Okay. Thanks, my body don calm now
Re: Chinese Man Bags 5 Years Imprisonment For Illegal Mining In Kwara by Stephenmoka4(m): 6:20pm On Oct 21, 2022
talabiaudu2:

The ban is crazy, since midnight wey I don post as I know I would be busy throughout the day.
Only to check back and see that my post has been removed.

I don sha post for twitter.

The game may not green sha, as per alabi wey we sabi grin grin

But if the game green, I no go wan hear any story oo, lol
Na games like this dey green... cheesy "we no go gree" crew won't like this.
Re: Chinese Man Bags 5 Years Imprisonment For Illegal Mining In Kwara by aycapri(m): 10:10pm On Feb 10, 2023
Not c

(1) (Reply)

Inspector-general Of Police Summons Edo Policemen To Abuja After Running Vehicle / Please Can Someone Solve This Puzzle For Me / The Question Of Rape

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.