Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,663 members, 7,823,877 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:09 PM

How To Get A Prescription In Nigeria? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How To Get A Prescription In Nigeria? (369 Views)

Buy Adderall Online Without A Prescription / Pharmacists Help! Chloroquine As A Prescription Drug For COVID-19 Treatment? / "Take 2 In The Morning Before You Wake Up": Check Out This Drug Prescription (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Get A Prescription In Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:43am On Oct 20, 2022
I have this problem whereby I'm usually restless. I mean could be sitting here and the next moment, I'm jumping around the room, and then I'm sitting again. I used to think it was "Restless Feet Syndrome" but later realized it could be ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder) since I have ADHD symptoms too.

For instance, I'm always daydreaming, looking out the window, imagining things in my mind, and have problems concentrating. I get interested in things and lose interest as quickly, especially when I face a bit of a challenge while at it. Then I go on to look for something "more interesting" before losing interest in that too.

Whenever I take energy drinks like Fearless, it makes me calm and helps me to concentrate but by the time the ADHD kicks in again, I spend that extra energy jumping around.

After burning my physical and mental energy doing all this nonsense, I then feel sleepy right during the day, no matter how well I slept at night. Talking about sleeping, I'm still restless when I sleep.

I've researched extensively on this for about a year now, and discovered ADHD drugs need a prescription. So how can I get a prescription, maybe from a government or private hospital?

I'd appreciate it if you could be a bit more detailed with your answers, and maybe tell me the price involved too. Thanks a lot.
Re: How To Get A Prescription In Nigeria? by Jakumo(m): 9:01pm On Jan 22, 2023
Shoodboi:
I have this problem whereby I'm usually restless. I mean could be sitting here and the next moment, I'm jumping around the room, and then I'm sitting again. I used to think it was "Restless Feet Syndrome" but later realized it could be ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder) since I have ADHD symptoms too.

For instance, I'm always daydreaming, looking out the window, imagining things in my mind, and have problems concentrating. I get interested in things and lose interest as quickly, especially when I face a bit of a challenge while at it. Then I go on to look for something "more interesting" before losing interest in that too.

Whenever I take energy drinks like Fearless, it makes me calm and helps me to concentrate but by the time the ADHD kicks in again, I spend that extra energy jumping around.

After burning my physical and mental energy doing all this nonsense, I then feel sleepy right during the day, no matter how well I slept at night. Talking about sleeping, I'm still restless when I sleep.

I've researched extensively on this for about a year now and discovered ADHD drugs need a prescription. So how can I get a prescription, maybe from a government or private hospital?

I'd appreciate it if you could be a bit more detailed with your answers, and maybe tell me the price involved too. Thanks a lot.

Yoga will calm your spirit WITHOUT any medication. Start with simple Yoga stretches which you can see on Youtube, then very gradually increase the range of motion as your tendons regain elasticity over a few weeks. Yoga rejuvenates the internal organs and calms the mind. Note that your voice will deepen slightly after doing Yoga stretches because even your vocal cords, neck and throat get a nice stretch that is enormously beneficial.

Stand with straight knees and your back almost touching the wall, and then slowly lower your torso and arms down until you can touch your toes and eventually hold your feet by their soles, as your flexibility improves. This toe touching increases the blood flow to the brain while stretching the entire spinal column so you feel refreshed instantly. Repeat as needed. There are similar stretches one can do seated on a mat on the floor. You can never do too much Yoga, but it IS possible to overdose on pretty much any mood-altering medication a doctor might prescribe.
Re: How To Get A Prescription In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jan 24, 2023
Jakumo:

Yoga will calm your spirit WITHOUT any medication. Start with simple Yoga stretches which you can see on Youtube, then very gradually increase the range of motion as your tendons regain elasticity over a few weeks. Yoga rejuvenates the internal organs and calms the mind. Note that your voice will deepen slightly after doing Yoga stretches because even your vocal cords, neck and throat get a nice stretch that is enormously beneficial.

Stand with straight knees and your back almost touching the wall, and then slowly lower your torso and arms down until you can touch your toes and eventually hold your feet by their soles, as your flexibility improves. This toe touching increases the blood flow to the brain while stretching the entire spinal column so you feel refreshed instantly. Repeat as needed. There are similar stretches one can do seated on a mat on the floor. You can never do too much Yoga, but it IS possible to overdose on pretty much any mood-altering medication a doctor might prescribe.

Thanks for this. I do meditate too and just sit in the dark. But I want that calmness and extra kick without taking illegal drugs/adding more to my exercises. I already do weight lifting and adding cardio to it is hard. This one will just kill me. But I'll try the yoga out tomorrow. Thanks a lot.

(1) (Reply)

Surrogate Mom Needed In Lagos / Lekki / Ikoyi Body Massage Therapy - Lekki Home Service Massage Therapy / Silky Skin Tag Remover Shark Tank Esposed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.