Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,317 members, 7,815,599 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:05 PM

FG Directs Telcos To Reverse 10% Increase In Calls, Data Tariffs - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / FG Directs Telcos To Reverse 10% Increase In Calls, Data Tariffs (15787 Views)

NIN-SIM Linkage: FG Directs Telcos To Bar Outgoing Calls On Unlinked Lines / Leaked Memo Shows Banks Asked Telcos To Charge For USSD (pics) / Telecom Operators Demand 100% Increase In Call, Data Tariffs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Directs Telcos To Reverse 10% Increase In Calls, Data Tariffs by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:26am On Oct 20, 2022
It's high time

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Directs Telcos To Reverse 10% Increase In Calls, Data Tariffs by anonimi: 7:27am On Oct 20, 2022
Ravenna:
Na today?!

The govt keeps fuckin its own people all-day!

Does the federal government include your own senator and representative, or it doesn't?

1 Like

Re: FG Directs Telcos To Reverse 10% Increase In Calls, Data Tariffs by treatise: 7:27am On Oct 20, 2022
Islie:

https://dailytrust.com/just-in-fg-directs-telcos-to-reverse-10-increase-in-calls-data-tariffs

FG does not have the moral right to control prices when cost of doing business is increasing almost daily .

2 Likes

Re: FG Directs Telcos To Reverse 10% Increase In Calls, Data Tariffs by luluosas(m): 7:27am On Oct 20, 2022
Useless people. Thank God that your days in office are now numbered.
Obi is coming to stop this oppression of Nigerians by your government
Re: FG Directs Telcos To Reverse 10% Increase In Calls, Data Tariffs by anonimi: 7:28am On Oct 20, 2022
SouthSouth1914:
Unstable government. Going back and forth! Nonsense

Are your own senator and representative part and parcel of the unstable federal government

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Directs Telcos To Reverse 10% Increase In Calls, Data Tariffs by nwakibie3(m): 7:30am On Oct 20, 2022
I'm sure airtel increased theirs by 50% because the way my airtime and data dey run eh... Anyways I've stopped using the network for now .

1 Like

Re: FG Directs Telcos To Reverse 10% Increase In Calls, Data Tariffs by Ravenna: 7:31am On Oct 20, 2022
anonimi:

Does the federal government include your own senator and representative, or it doesn't?
You see..
..after everything I've been through in Nigeria, the last thing I'm going to apologize for is my paranoia.
Re: FG Directs Telcos To Reverse 10% Increase In Calls, Data Tariffs by anonimi: 7:31am On Oct 20, 2022
luluosas:
Useless people. Thank God that your days in office are now numbered.
Obi is coming to stop this oppression of Nigerians by your government

Yes, the way he stopped Ngige's nonsense in Anambra for eight years of failures, scamming and looting into Pandora
If in doubt, go and verify. grin

BATified2023:
what’s d difference between buhari n peter obi

Under buhari ASUU strike for 6 months same for 6 month’s lecturers strike under peter obi

Doctors are complaining under buhari same way doctors went on strike for 13 months under peter obi

Peter obi increased ANSU tuition fee by 70% so tell me d difference between peter obi n buhari

As regards insecurity,I believe u know for sure that curbing insecurity n kidnapping was part of Obiano manifesto

As regards economy,peter obi couldn’t add 5 naira to anambra economy,something Obiano quadruple within a year in government n also increased workers salary

So bro tell me d difference between peter obi n buhari

anonimi:
Anambra doctors call off strike after 13 months
February 28, 2012

After over a year of down tools, Anambra State Government employed medical doctors have finally called of strike.
According to Dr. Emma Ekwesianya, Chairman Anambra State chapter of Nigeria Medical Association (NMA), the striking doctors decided to pick up tools again because of the plight of the ordinary people in the societ.
“It is true, we have called off the strike. We have just signed the agreement with government about an hour ago. The Secretary to the State Government (SSG) signed for the government. A technical committee, headed by Prof. O.O. Mbonu was set up to execute the agreement.” He confirmed.

“We decided to take the 60 per cent offered by government because of our people. Government has been rigid and we do not want to continue with the rigidity of government. We are serving the people, not government and our people are suffering.”
Speaking further, Ekwesianya, revealed that a technical committee, headed by Prof. O.O. Mbonu had also been set up by the association to see to the implementation of the agreement with government sequel to the signing of the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Peter Obi-led government on Monday.

Chief Medical Director, Anambra State University Teaching Hospital (ASUTH), Amaku, Awka, Dr. Lawrence Ikeakor also confirmed the new development: “Well I’m happy to tell you that the strike has been amicably resolved, even though, like you said, it’s been a prolonged one but suffice it to say that it has been resolved and the doctors have resumed work.”
“The call off was yesterday (Sunday). The doctors had some negotiations and held their congress yesterday, during which they agreed to call off the strike. So they resumed duty today.
They are in their clinic. Well, I was not privy to the agreement but I will say that our representatives were satisfied with the arrangement, hence they decided to call off the strike.” He disclosed.

https://dailypost.ng/2012/02/28/anambra-doctors-call-off-strike-after-13-months/

SATANICALLY:
In a 2018 interview, Peter Obi said he invested $20 million in International Breweries on behalf of Anambra state as a governor.

Obi’s claim was in response to questions on economic development, Anambra politics and his presidential ambition.

“… Anambra state is the single-highest shareholder in that facility. I invested in it, over $20 million,” Obi had said.

“It is worth almost $100 [million] today.
That’s what government should do.”

TheCable had previously fact-checked some of the claims.

Chukwuma Soludo, governor of Anambra, also debunked a recent statement ascribed to him regarding the investment.

International Breweries (IB) Plc is a subsidiary of the world’s largest brewer, Anheuser-Busch InBev (AB InBev) — a multinational drink and brewing giant based in Leuven, Belgium.

In its 2021 audited financial statement, the company said it holds 43 percent economic interest in International Breweries Plc, a publicly listed company in Nigeria.

According to a report by The Nation, AB InBev merged its Nigerian operations under a single corporate entity in 2017. It had three indirect Nigerian subsidiaries — International Breweries Plc, Intafact Beverages Limited and Pabod Breweries Limited. SABMiller Nigeria Holdings BV — another subsidiary of AB InBev — was also a major stakeholder in Intafact and Pabod.

ANAMBRA’S INVESTMENT

In a statement made available to TheCable on Tuesday, Ifeatu Onejeme, Anambra’s commissioner of finance, confirmed that Peter Obi’s administration invested the sum of N1,955,535,247.00 (an equivalent of approximately $12,616,356.43 at the then average CBN exchange rate of N155.00/$1) in Intafact Beverages Limited, a green-field brewery set up in Onitsha by SABMiller Breweries of South Africa in 2012.

Onejeme added that the state government still holds 407,321,264 ordinary shares of International Breweries Plc in exchange for the Intafact Beverages Limited investment.

“Based on the NGX closing price of N5.50 as of 20/6/22, these shares were valued at N2,240,266,952 on that date,” the statement reads in part.

“Based on the Central Bank of Nigeria I&E exchange rate of N415.75/US$1.00 on same June 20, 2022, this investment was valued at an equivalent of approximately US$5,388,495.37 (and at N604/$1.00 parallel market rate, only US$3,709,051.24).”

https://www.thecable.ng/revealed-peter-obi-administrations-12-24m-investment-in-international-breweries-now-worth-5-38m/

1 Like

Re: FG Directs Telcos To Reverse 10% Increase In Calls, Data Tariffs by Jamescyray(m): 7:31am On Oct 20, 2022
It's not easy on the TELCOS side too. The running cost is so high. Imagine diesel of #200 per litre early this year is now #800 per litre. That's x4 increment. So we can't blame them. They are private organization not public.

4 Likes

Re: FG Directs Telcos To Reverse 10% Increase In Calls, Data Tariffs by cigaricon(m): 7:32am On Oct 20, 2022
PerfectStranger:
1.5gb that use to be sold for #500 now goes for #550 for mtn. Every damn thing is on a high side yet income isn’t increasing. angry

Only thing that is not adding price in Nigeria is wee.d.
it's not adding price, but it's reducing quantity
Re: FG Directs Telcos To Reverse 10% Increase In Calls, Data Tariffs by frog12: 7:32am On Oct 20, 2022
government has no business in rates !

1 Like

Re: FG Directs Telcos To Reverse 10% Increase In Calls, Data Tariffs by McGg: 7:35am On Oct 20, 2022
PerfectStranger:
1.5gb that use to be sold for #500 now goes for #550 for mtn. Every damn thing is on a high side yet income isn’t increasing. angry

Onye kwuru that thing

One bag of weed that used to be sold 50 naira has risen to 150 a satchet

1 Like

Re: FG Directs Telcos To Reverse 10% Increase In Calls, Data Tariffs by TOPCRUISE(m): 7:35am On Oct 20, 2022
As If they will reverse the increase in tax on them

2 Likes

Re: FG Directs Telcos To Reverse 10% Increase In Calls, Data Tariffs by zcee: 7:35am On Oct 20, 2022
After Una don use am extort money from us finish Una wan com reverse because election don reach..
Re: FG Directs Telcos To Reverse 10% Increase In Calls, Data Tariffs by Risentouch(m): 7:37am On Oct 20, 2022
So this thing was not yet approved and they rushed and implemented it. I hope MTN refunds me my ₦500.

1 Like

Re: FG Directs Telcos To Reverse 10% Increase In Calls, Data Tariffs by SouthSouth1914: 7:37am On Oct 20, 2022
anonimi:

Are your own senator and representative part and parcel of the unstable federal government

Can you clearly construct a sensible statement or question?
Re: FG Directs Telcos To Reverse 10% Increase In Calls, Data Tariffs by Nobody: 7:38am On Oct 20, 2022
Price controls

Not a good way to run an economy

2 Likes

Re: FG Directs Telcos To Reverse 10% Increase In Calls, Data Tariffs by PerfectStranger(m): 7:38am On Oct 20, 2022
cigaricon:
it's not adding price, but it's reducing quantity
Yea you right, just reducing the quantity.
Re: FG Directs Telcos To Reverse 10% Increase In Calls, Data Tariffs by Minjim: 7:39am On Oct 20, 2022
It only MTN I noticed made this increase .
Re: FG Directs Telcos To Reverse 10% Increase In Calls, Data Tariffs by Parachoko: 7:40am On Oct 20, 2022
PerfectStranger:

Pawpaw(weed) that was sold for ₦50 each is now been sold for 3 for ₦200.

Loud of 1k no dey full cup again

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Directs Telcos To Reverse 10% Increase In Calls, Data Tariffs by Minjim: 7:40am On Oct 20, 2022
Kasssandra:
Price controls

Nigerians biz men are exploitative. The FG has to keep a firm grip else it'll be survival of the fittest.

3 Likes

Re: FG Directs Telcos To Reverse 10% Increase In Calls, Data Tariffs by jumper524(m): 7:42am On Oct 20, 2022
PerfectStranger:

boy it's data. Weed now Don reduce quantity and quality.
1gig in those days goes for about 1000naira.
Re: FG Directs Telcos To Reverse 10% Increase In Calls, Data Tariffs by anonimi: 7:43am On Oct 20, 2022
SouthSouth1914:
Can you clearly construct a sensible statement or question?

Your lack of understanding on the role of your own lawmaker is unsurprising. Keep wailing and looking for a messianic president to know-all and do-all for you to confirm your own part of Buhari's lazy youths.

1 Like

Re: FG Directs Telcos To Reverse 10% Increase In Calls, Data Tariffs by OloYeOfEgbE: 7:44am On Oct 20, 2022
Terrorist Pantami get mouth sha..

Nice one. Shebi una dey drag with pantami before..

Ndi ala
Re: FG Directs Telcos To Reverse 10% Increase In Calls, Data Tariffs by wakililipupuru: 7:44am On Oct 20, 2022
PerfectStranger:

Only thing that is not adding price in Nigeria is WEED.
oga WEED SELF COST
Re: FG Directs Telcos To Reverse 10% Increase In Calls, Data Tariffs by Timekeeper452: 7:44am On Oct 20, 2022
We might have hated this man in the start, but he is truly the only minister fighting for the common man still. He is one of the ministers that should be retained, a lot of innovations came with him in that sector. I am not an APC supporter but I call good when I see it.
Re: FG Directs Telcos To Reverse 10% Increase In Calls, Data Tariffs by InvertedHammer: 7:44am On Oct 20, 2022
/
There are too many policy summersaults, denial and reversal in Buhari's government.

I still wonder how businesses survive in this environment filled with uncertainties.

/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Directs Telcos To Reverse 10% Increase In Calls, Data Tariffs by Nobody: 7:45am On Oct 20, 2022
Minjim:

Nigerians biz men are exploitative. The FG has to keep a firm grip else it'll be survival of the fittest.

Okay, i hope you won't complain if government comes and tells you to sell products at giveaway prices to help poor Nigerians.

Price setting always ends in tears.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Directs Telcos To Reverse 10% Increase In Calls, Data Tariffs by anonimi: 7:46am On Oct 20, 2022
Kasssandra:
Price controls

Basic economics.
God bless you for this rare wisdom on nairaland. Please do not relent in spreading your wisdom as part of a relentless enlightenment campaign work.

If the society/its government doesn't find ways to increase competition and supply, price fixing is just like using bandage to cover a bullet wound.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Directs Telcos To Reverse 10% Increase In Calls, Data Tariffs by Cutehector(m): 7:46am On Oct 20, 2022
Jamescyray:
It's not easy on the TELCOS side too. The running cost is so high. Imagine diesel of #200 per litre early this year is now #800 per litre. That's x4 increment. So we can't blame them. They are private organization not public.
abeg.. If banks decided to increase cost of services, una go dey shout like say no be diesel banks dey use with telcos... Banks have more branches than telcos and spend more.

When mtn declared Profit after tax for Q1 this year, una no shout? 400billion..Jeez.

2 Likes

Re: FG Directs Telcos To Reverse 10% Increase In Calls, Data Tariffs by villa9555: 7:47am On Oct 20, 2022
I thought I was sharing my data with so many persons.
The sucking was much

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Do U Have An Airtel Line?get 35mb Now! / Checking Privated Numbers / Latest Opera Mini 5.0,4.2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.