Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,315 members, 7,836,366 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:19 AM

FG Directs Telcos To Reverse 10% Increase In Calls, Data Tariffs - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / FG Directs Telcos To Reverse 10% Increase In Calls, Data Tariffs (15839 Views)

NIN-SIM Linkage: FG Directs Telcos To Bar Outgoing Calls On Unlinked Lines / Leaked Memo Shows Banks Asked Telcos To Charge For USSD (pics) / Telecom Operators Demand 100% Increase In Call, Data Tariffs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Directs Telcos To Reverse 10% Increase In Calls, Data Tariffs by villa9555: 7:47am On Oct 20, 2022
I thought I was sharing my data with so many persons.
The sucking was much

1 Like

Re: FG Directs Telcos To Reverse 10% Increase In Calls, Data Tariffs by SouthSouth1914: 7:48am On Oct 20, 2022
anonimi:

Your lack of understanding on the role of your own lawmaker is unsurprising. Keep wailing and looking for a messianic president to know-all and do-all for you to confirm your own part of Buhari's lazy youths.

Parrot continue your rants!
Re: FG Directs Telcos To Reverse 10% Increase In Calls, Data Tariffs by anonimi: 7:48am On Oct 20, 2022
Timekeeper452:
We might have hated this man in the start, but he is truly the only minister fighting for the common man still. He is one of the ministers that should be retained, a lot of innovations came with him in that sector. I am not an APC supporter but I call good when I see it.

Can you please list just three of the "lot of innovations" and the impact on citizens.
Thanks.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Directs Telcos To Reverse 10% Increase In Calls, Data Tariffs by Timekeeper452: 7:48am On Oct 20, 2022
anonimi:

Can you please list just three of the "lot of innovations" and the impact on citizens.
Thanks.
this man stopped the proposed tax hike by the finance minister. He championed the fast adoption of 5G technology, he brought about the fast adoption of ESIM technology, he introduced NIN linkage before anyone can own or get a SIM card, which is good for security. Here he is again trying to stop rogue companies from reversing that 10% price increase for consumers. Hate him or not, he has tried.

1 Like

Re: FG Directs Telcos To Reverse 10% Increase In Calls, Data Tariffs by anonimi: 7:49am On Oct 20, 2022
SouthSouth1914:
Parrot continue your rants!

Thank you sir/ma for the compliment.

1 Like

Re: FG Directs Telcos To Reverse 10% Increase In Calls, Data Tariffs by adenigga(m): 7:50am On Oct 20, 2022
meum:
If it wasn't approved, why did the Telecom companies rush to implement it? What happens to the money they have made so far from the illegal implementation of what wasn't approved?
Though the tariff adjustment was proposed and provisionally approved by the Management, pending the final approval of the Board of the Commission, in the end it did not have the approval of the Board of the Commission. As a result, it is reversed”, the statement signed by NCC’s spokesman, Reuben Mouka, said.
Re: FG Directs Telcos To Reverse 10% Increase In Calls, Data Tariffs by Originalsly: 7:52am On Oct 20, 2022
meum:

If it wasn't approved, why did the Telecom companies rush to implement it? What happens to the money they have made so far from the illegal implementation of what wasn't approved?

That's what struck me ... put forward a proposal and implement it without approval? .... didn't the FG know this?... and it was illegal? I'm sure this roll back is a political stunt ... to appear as if they are concerned about the masses. If they are really serious.... they need to roll back the 10% .... and roll back another 10% for the period of time the illegal increase was implemented. Or... they need to order MTN to somehow credit everyone who paid the illegal increase. People were robbed... they need to be refunded... or compensated.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Directs Telcos To Reverse 10% Increase In Calls, Data Tariffs by HRMK: 7:54am On Oct 20, 2022
WE,NIGERIANS MUST PRAISE GLOBACOM,OUR INDIGENOUS PROVIDER FOR NOT ARBITERARILY INCREASING THEIR TARRIF LIKE MTN AND AIRTEL!KUDOS!!

2 Likes

Re: FG Directs Telcos To Reverse 10% Increase In Calls, Data Tariffs by Constablepatr: 7:54am On Oct 20, 2022
JASONjnr:
The increase is unbearable and adding to the existing hardship.....

Buhari is a total disaster..... APC is the devil behind Buhari's disastrous administration.

You sound like you don't know what the news was all about

1 Like

Re: FG Directs Telcos To Reverse 10% Increase In Calls, Data Tariffs by Minjim: 7:56am On Oct 20, 2022
Kasssandra:

Okay, i hope you won't complain if government comes and tells you to sell products at giveaway prices to help poor Nigerians.

Price setting always ends in tears.

Be realistic. You people are turning this Forum to 2go.

Every developing economy needs price control on certain basic product and service.
If not the big fishes will simply swallow the small ones
Re: FG Directs Telcos To Reverse 10% Increase In Calls, Data Tariffs by richeeyo(m): 7:57am On Oct 20, 2022
Just like they told Gotv to reduce their price
Re: FG Directs Telcos To Reverse 10% Increase In Calls, Data Tariffs by DaveHarry(m): 8:03am On Oct 20, 2022
Akfrenzy:

Oga weed don put money oooooo

Nice kpoli of 200h is now 400h
Re: FG Directs Telcos To Reverse 10% Increase In Calls, Data Tariffs by Brushstrokes20: 8:07am On Oct 20, 2022
Usual noise!
Nigerians are being reaped off from every angle under the lifeless watch of the integrity deficient scammer! undecided undecided
VOTE WISELY COME 2023!
Re: FG Directs Telcos To Reverse 10% Increase In Calls, Data Tariffs by Nobody: 8:09am On Oct 20, 2022
Minjim:

Be realistic. You people are turning this Forum to 2go.

Every developing economy needs price control on certain basic product and service.
If not the big fishes will simply swallow the small ones

And at the end the people offering the basic services wont be able to pay for upgrades, maintenance, expansion because price controls limits the profit they can make and in extreme cases pushes them into loss.

Assuming you were a baker and baking bread at 800 naira a loaf to sell at 1200 a loaf. Govt steps in , declares bread a basic commodity and tells you to sell it at 400 naira..
Something that cost you 800 to bake

Would you agree?

Most of the GSM companies use diesel to run the generators that power their base stations. Diesel prices have risen drastically this year. How do you expect them to pay for the diesel? Price increases. Among other things like upgrades (mtn is talking about 5g . That is an upgrade that needs money to implement). Note that goverment is not paying them a kobo, and even increasing taxes for them self.

Thanks to price controls in the oil and power sector we have 4 bad refineries and a bad power sector and waste billions importing fuel. And more billions get lost to smuggling. We could have spent less if we had simply eliminated price controls in both sectors.

At the end, people, including those providing a basic service, want to be paid and also want to have enough money to offer better services

Back to your bakery. Your head baker has just informed you that thebakery needs a new oven. How you gonna pay forit since you are losing money for every loaf you bake ?
Re: FG Directs Telcos To Reverse 10% Increase In Calls, Data Tariffs by davillian(m): 8:14am On Oct 20, 2022
PerfectStranger:
1.5gb that use to be sold for #500 now goes for #550 for mtn. Every damn thing is on a high side yet income isn’t increasing. angry

Only thing that is not adding price in Nigeria is wee.d.
But them don reduce the quantity
Re: FG Directs Telcos To Reverse 10% Increase In Calls, Data Tariffs by Nobody: 8:32am On Oct 20, 2022
FG started the increase in the first place, I fear the quality of data will diminish, try getting 1,5gb on 9mobile, it doesn't last for a week even when you don't watch videos.

We be been seeing a resurgence of audio data, data on your phone that you can't use.

1 Like

Re: FG Directs Telcos To Reverse 10% Increase In Calls, Data Tariffs by Nobody: 8:35am On Oct 20, 2022
Glo own dey vex me.I go subscribe for data,I never browse more than an hour glo go send me text say my data don finish.Na button phone wey no dey play video or auto update O.Normal browsing on nairaland and Facebook.
Re: FG Directs Telcos To Reverse 10% Increase In Calls, Data Tariffs by Judal(m): 8:37am On Oct 20, 2022
phemmyfour:
MTN right now cry
Bring back my 24gb at N3200
I really belive Glo on this.
Re: FG Directs Telcos To Reverse 10% Increase In Calls, Data Tariffs by EdwardRandy(m): 8:37am On Oct 20, 2022
PerfectStranger:
1.5gb that use to be sold for #500 now goes for #550 for mtn. Every damn thing is on a high side yet income isn’t increasing. angry

My brother, I don't know where you buy yours but the supply (loud) I receive has reduced while maintaining the rate I pay. Abeg who be your plug? cry
Re: FG Directs Telcos To Reverse 10% Increase In Calls, Data Tariffs by anonimi: 8:37am On Oct 20, 2022
Timekeeper452:
this man stopped the proposed tax hike by the finance minister. He championed the fast adoption of 5G technology, he brought about the fast adoption of ESIM technology, he introduced NIN linkage before anyone can own or get a SIM card, which is good for security. Here he is again trying to stop rogue companies from reversing that 10% price increase for consumers. Hate him or not, he has tried.

So why has insecurity worsened despite this "achievement"?
Does it make sense to you even

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Directs Telcos To Reverse 10% Increase In Calls, Data Tariffs by Sammy5413(m): 8:40am On Oct 20, 2022
God punish Telcos, subscription wey I dey manage do for #500 2gb 2days, una go make am #550

1 Like

Re: FG Directs Telcos To Reverse 10% Increase In Calls, Data Tariffs by PerfectStranger(m): 8:41am On Oct 20, 2022
EdwardRandy:

My brother, I don't know where you buy yours but the supply (loud) I receive has reduced while maintaining the rate I pay. Abeg who be your plug? cry
Lol quantity don reduce sha

1 Like

Re: FG Directs Telcos To Reverse 10% Increase In Calls, Data Tariffs by JASONjnr(m): 8:42am On Oct 20, 2022
anonimi:

But the governments- federal and states - are increasing existing revenue rates and creating new ones like in the banks, not so?
Why do you support government hypocrisy

Emi?

Supporting this government?
Re: FG Directs Telcos To Reverse 10% Increase In Calls, Data Tariffs by mrcompatriot: 8:45am On Oct 20, 2022
?
Re: FG Directs Telcos To Reverse 10% Increase In Calls, Data Tariffs by Timekeeper452: 8:46am On Oct 20, 2022
anonimi:

So why has insecurity worsened despite this "achievement"?
Does it make sense to you even
he isn’t the minister of security. He is the minister of communications.
Re: FG Directs Telcos To Reverse 10% Increase In Calls, Data Tariffs by ello29(m): 8:47am On Oct 20, 2022
Islie:

https://dailytrust.com/just-in-fg-directs-telcos-to-reverse-10-increase-in-calls-data-tariffs

Data that is unlimited in other countries with low purchase amount is charged by usage in Nigeria we have never had this embarrassment in the history of Nigeria. APC GOVERNMENT UNDER BUHARI HAVE CASE TO ANSWER.
Re: FG Directs Telcos To Reverse 10% Increase In Calls, Data Tariffs by Nobody: 8:49am On Oct 20, 2022
Minjim:
It only MTN I noticed made this increase .
Airtel did to.#500 data is now #550.If I subs for glo before I open nairaland and read 2 thread I go receive text say my data don finish.
Re: FG Directs Telcos To Reverse 10% Increase In Calls, Data Tariffs by Honchoslim16(m): 8:52am On Oct 20, 2022
Airtel and MTN are fraudsters!
Re: FG Directs Telcos To Reverse 10% Increase In Calls, Data Tariffs by Caseywilliams(m): 9:02am On Oct 20, 2022
PerfectStranger:

Nah pure lie be that... During Gej tenure 5h weed on cut go last you like two weeks plus... Sk and Az on cut 2k fit reach u two weeks.

Under Pmb.. Weed on cut of 1k no go reach u one week.. Sk and Az nw....drops pen
I no talk again cry undecided embarassed
Re: FG Directs Telcos To Reverse 10% Increase In Calls, Data Tariffs by Obzy: 9:13am On Oct 20, 2022
Your account is too low for this call.
Re: FG Directs Telcos To Reverse 10% Increase In Calls, Data Tariffs by Galadimabawa: 9:17am On Oct 20, 2022
rubbish
Re: FG Directs Telcos To Reverse 10% Increase In Calls, Data Tariffs by Bimpe29: 9:23am On Oct 20, 2022
If not for insistence of Prof Ali Pantami, the hike in the tariff would have been approved as planned by Zainab Ahmed.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 & 3 10.1 By Samsung / Huawei To Give $286 Million In Staff Bonuses For Helping During US Trade Dispute / Photos From Infinix Note 5 Stylus Mall Activation In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.