Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,807 members, 7,831,632 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 11:03 PM

Elizabeth Truss Resigns as UK Prime Minister (Video) - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Elizabeth Truss Resigns as UK Prime Minister (Video) (42469 Views)

"You Ruined This Country" Angry Civilians Yell At Israeli Minister (video) / Mary Elizabeth Truss Is New UK Prime Minister / Boris Johnson Officially Resigns As UK Prime Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Elizabeth Truss Resigns as UK Prime Minister (Video) by AishaDant(f): 4:56pm On Oct 20, 2022
Princewill1:
UK and the rest of Western Europe should brace up for more Economic Turmoil.

You sanctioned Russia now you are receiving more economic hardship than the sanctioned

Shut up!

You should be ashamed of yourself.

An old man like you supporting Russia.

I pity your generation, that's if you're not impotent. Most impotent men don't have sense. Rubbish!

3 Likes

Re: Elizabeth Truss Resigns as UK Prime Minister (Video) by godofuck231: 5:03pm On Oct 20, 2022
The cabals want a world War and she's not the type to lead w weak economy and sal Island to war at this time , they have realized living in lies its like a hand job , sooner or later , when the war starts our nigerian nurses and doctors will be needed en mass
Re: Elizabeth Truss Resigns as UK Prime Minister (Video) by Karnice600: 5:05pm On Oct 20, 2022
Buddha3:
UK should have just minded their business as regards Putin's war with Ukraine.

But no!
They all had to show themselves over an issue that rightly is in Russia's favour. Today the entire United Kingdom is in economic turmoil.

Don't ever inherit another's enemy because of loyalty. You'll always suffer the consequences.
You're talking about the same people who suffered from Hitler's war. You are asking them to repeat what they did (turn a blind eye) when Hitler began his invasion with little breaches here and there, untamed, until it became a full blown conflict.
The whites don't think like us. They always take responsibility and are very futuristic. They fight for values. We fight for food.
If Finland and Sweden, could change their stance of neutrality, that should send a signal to Africans.
The lion you saw in your neighbour's farm and ignored because it's none of your business , will one day greet your wife on her way to the market.
You can't be in a better position to tell Europe how to react to Putin's menace. They felt Hitler. So they know better.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Elizabeth Truss Resigns as UK Prime Minister (Video) by vikstandon(m): 5:09pm On Oct 20, 2022
Africa is far away.
Re: Elizabeth Truss Resigns as UK Prime Minister (Video) by MondayOsunbor(m): 5:12pm On Oct 20, 2022
frankmoney:
?

who should resign first
Re: Elizabeth Truss Resigns as UK Prime Minister (Video) by Karnice600: 5:17pm On Oct 20, 2022
Buddha3:

What kind of silly comparative assertion is this?

Do you even have a clue as to the history that's between Russia and Ukraine?

The fact you just exemplified the Russia/Ukraine situation with the US invasion of Iraq and Afghanistan clearly shows that most of you don't know nothing about this present war but are only lending your voices to America's stand out of pure and vacuous sentiments.

Gerraruhear mehn
Re: Elizabeth Truss Resigns as UK Prime Minister (Video) by judedwriter(m): 5:19pm On Oct 20, 2022
I love the cool and calculated way she resigned....

If it was some african leaders, you will see the pain and/or tears in their eyes.

Sit tight mentality is african!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Elizabeth Truss Resigns as UK Prime Minister (Video) by Osariemen12: 5:25pm On Oct 20, 2022
All hail Mother Russia.
Re: Elizabeth Truss Resigns as UK Prime Minister (Video) by RALPHOW(m): 5:25pm On Oct 20, 2022
Good for UK,
Gordon Brown would have be the best Prime Minister to give UK economic better foundation, but he was chased out because he is Scottish and not English.

However I still love these white guys, once they can fix it they quit., unlike wicked and clueless African leaders.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Elizabeth Truss Resigns as UK Prime Minister (Video) by Karnice600: 5:38pm On Oct 20, 2022
Kasssandra:

They are choosing the certificateless ones, because at the end, it is those people who do the hard work of mobilization and ganering votes....

A small story before I continue.

A young man with a degree was lamenting that he had no job, while his agemate who finished primary 6 was a councillor, and was earning big money.

The simple reason was that the young man with the degree finished primary 6, left his village to the city for secondary school, then went far away for university,meanwhile his mate stayed at the village, farmed, and when leadership called...he put himself forward.

All of you crying about certificateless Buhari and tinubu and atiku....have you gone and joined a political party, made connections, made sacrifices, carried the big man's bags for them, organised, and so forth...so that you can become a political leader?

Most of you run to Lagos and Abuja, or other big cities after you get your degree, and start looking for money, and big house, and a spouse. Your certificateless mates meanwhile are left at home....and when home people need a leader...who will they choose....is it you who is busy in the city....or the village certificateless mate of yours who is available, and who they know?

Me, I no dey vote APC. But Tinubu is where he is today because he spent 30 years making sacrifices to be where he is. Same for Buhari, same for Atiku (who stepped down for MKO in 1993) and even Obi, who left his city job .

You that is complaining of certificateless leaders...when are you going to leave your city hustle and go home and run for office.? And start from there? When are you going to form a party? Or join one and start from the bottom....

Why are ye so lazy.?

You seem to have had a point, but everything went nosediving to a crash at the end.
People being away on some other fields of responsibility, doesn't mean they 're lazy na.
The undertone of what you are emphasizing is more of favoritism than credibility.
''I've known you to be my person'', is different from ''that guy is damn skilled and experienced to fix this problem''.
It's in Africa we help godfathers to carry bags in order to get compensated in the future. That looks like due diligence, but is not. Anyone can come from different works of life. So long as he is a citizen, with great portfolio and credibility from whatever field, he can get into voluntary, community service first.
I agree with you on the part of serving from the grassroots. Very important, but the idea of playing PAs and carrying bags for big dogs to gain favour over someone who went off to get better in certain respects, is what I don't buy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Elizabeth Truss Resigns as UK Prime Minister (Video) by Nobody: 5:44pm On Oct 20, 2022
Karnice600:

You seem to have had a point, but everything went nosediving to a crash at the end.
People being away on some other fields of responsibility, doesn't mean they 're lazy na.
The undertone of what you are emphasizing is more of favoritism than credibility.
''I've known you to be my person'', is different from ''that guy is damn skilled and experienced to fix this problem''.
It's in Africa we help godfathers to carry bags in order to get compensated in the future. That looks like due diligence, but is not. Anyone can come from different works of life. So long as he is a citizen, with great portfolio and credibility from whatever field, he can get into voluntary, community service first.
I agree with you on the part of serving from the grassroots. Very important, but the idea of playing PAs and carrying bags for big dogs to gain favour over someone who went off to get better in certain respects, is what I don't buy.

Laziness is not referring to their job (and yes, I don't expect everyone to be a politican, and I don't expect everyone to not further their prospects by moving to the city, or japa...and earning money for the upkeep of poorer relatives.).

It is referring to people who complain about illiterates ruling them...YET...won't do the hard work those illiterates did to get into power. It is not like someone came and dashed the illiterates that are ruling job...many of them had to work for decades before they got to the top.

I see a lot of Southies and even Northerners are guilty of that.

I mean, I am tired of hearing people say..Illiterates are ruling us, when will they (dash us educated people..which is what they really mean) allow us educated people to rule.? Na by allow you get leadership position?
Re: Elizabeth Truss Resigns as UK Prime Minister (Video) by Gbeng30(m): 5:47pm On Oct 20, 2022
OH God when would Nigeria reach this level.. ?When would those looters we have as a leader reach this level...?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Elizabeth Truss Resigns as UK Prime Minister (Video) by Karnice600: 5:47pm On Oct 20, 2022
Kasssandra:

If Russia is bombing Ukraine because it feels threatened by NATO, then the US was right to

1.Bomb Vietnam because it felt threatened by the Communist tidal wave.

2.Bomb Afghanistan and Iraq because of the fear of islamic terror.

The day you get that the same US AND RUSSIA can come and bomb Nigeria because someone has just told Putin or Biden that if they don't drop bombs on Nigeria in 48 hours, the lives of millions of their citizens can be threatened by Nigeria..and backs it up with intelligence that we have some hidden superweapon somewhere that can depopulate millions......that is the day you would see your support for Russia, and many people's support for the US is seriously misplaced.

The fact is, you cannot excuse Russia bombing Ukraine and condemm US bombing Afghanistan.or vice versa..because at the end, they are doing it for the same reason. Their security is threatened.

If you no get...sorry. There is no such thing as friendly nations, there are interests, and there are interests. In 1928, Eisenhower was enjoying a holiday in Germany and calling them wonderful people. By 1945, he was leading a war machine against those same 'nice people'. Interests.
Putin wants USSR back. That's it. He feels no threat whatsoever. Those claims are flimsy.
Study his body language from 2014 with Crimea.
Re: Elizabeth Truss Resigns as UK Prime Minister (Video) by Karnice600: 5:53pm On Oct 20, 2022
Kasssandra:

Laziness is not referring to their job (and yes, I don't expect everyone to be a politican, and I don't expect everyone to not further their prospects by moving to the city, or japa...and earning money for the upkeep of poorer relatives.).

It is referring to people who complain about illiterates ruling them...YET...won't do the hard work those illiterates did to get into power. It is not like someone came and dashed the illiterates that are ruling job...many of them had to work for decades before they got to the top.

I see a lot of Southies and even Northerners are guilty of that.

I mean, I am tired of hearing people say..Illiterates are ruling us, when will they (dash us educated people..which is what they really mean) allow us educated people to rule.? Na by allow you get leadership position?

Oh, now I get it.
You're right sha.
But have you noticed that the more a person invests in his life, the more he tends to avoid taking risks that could be life threatening?
Like those who's invested less in themselves can kill and get killed easily.
But those who've invested so much in themselves are viewed as assets, even by their communities.

1 Like

Re: Elizabeth Truss Resigns as UK Prime Minister (Video) by frankmoney(m): 5:57pm On Oct 20, 2022
MondayOsunbor:

who should resign first
I have no idea
Re: Elizabeth Truss Resigns as UK Prime Minister (Video) by Nobody: 5:58pm On Oct 20, 2022
Karnice600:

Putin wants USSR back. That's it. He feels no threat whatsoever. Those claims are flimsy.
Study his body language from 2014 with Crimea.

(Defending russia mode activated).

Every Russian leader who knows his history knows that Russia is very easy to invade...too big too large and has many points along its borders that are not easy to defend. (Ukraine is located in one of those traditional weak points...several invasions came from that side).

So, every russian leader , or many of them, take actuion to either

1.Take over the surrounding countries wholescale...ie Poland (twice), Ukraine(many times before 1900), Finland (a Russian colony till 1918, and the finnish statesman Mannerheim viewed the last Russian tsar as his boss...even when running an independent country, and the man had been dead for ages).

2.Make sure that most of the neighbours , and even the neighbours neighbours have governments that are friendly to them(USSR strategy after WW2 till 1991, Russia strategy in Ukraine now).

Putin does not want the USSR back (one reason why the USSR collapsed was that it was spending too much subsidsing all the satellite nations...and even far away communist nations like Cuba self...plus a heavy duty crushing budget on defence spending to keep up with the USA...rendered the USSR broke by the late 1980's.)...but he does want friendly naitons in all his borders. (the USSR signed a treaty with Finalnd guaranteeing its neutraility.)

Hence his attacking Ukraine.

*Defend russia mode ended)

The problem is, Ukraine, like Afghanistan (and Iraq, Iran and Vietnam for the US) does not want to be Russia's b'tch.
Re: Elizabeth Truss Resigns as UK Prime Minister (Video) by Mayeldah(m): 6:36pm On Oct 20, 2022
More like...I can not come and go and kill myself

Buhari, you too should resign
Re: Elizabeth Truss Resigns as UK Prime Minister (Video) by ufotunang: 6:58pm On Oct 20, 2022
With all the bad goverance.. poverty, hunger, hardship ,unemployment ,inflation ,high costs of living high cost of food stuffs, ASUU 8 months strke... can Buhari resign..no he will want to die in that seat instead of resigning...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Elizabeth Truss Resigns as UK Prime Minister (Video) by Zanzibar1: 7:00pm On Oct 20, 2022
leadership is like a big cult
Re: Elizabeth Truss Resigns as UK Prime Minister (Video) by jrusky(m): 7:42pm On Oct 20, 2022
WibusJaga:

Where is that sick ancestor possessed by the evil spirit of emilokan, that some urchins are standing on his mandate? cheesy

Is Truss sick? Is she old? So pls go bring your senses wherever you threw it.

Experience not age we want in Aso Rock. Yeye Bello is young but extremely useless, Umahi is older but performing well. So pls pack somewhere.
Re: Elizabeth Truss Resigns as UK Prime Minister (Video) by Msmither: 7:44pm On Oct 20, 2022
A country that works, some black monkey here no get shame, they want to die in office.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Elizabeth Truss Resigns as UK Prime Minister (Video) by FullBlastLight: 8:44pm On Oct 20, 2022
Maysdevices:
The kind of things I read on Nairaland are amazing.

Your gender that is in charge continues to disappoint Africa till tomorrow.

Yet here you are the native of a formally enslaved country laughing at an English woman for resigning, when it is still an English woman that enslaved you and will do it again if necessary.

You can’t even defend yourself as against these women as a continent ran by men.

Hide your face somewhere.

Hahaha... e pain am die! grin

Laughing at ur ignorance, babe! grin

In ur own knowledge of history, it's a woman who colonised Nig, right?

That's d fallacy u hv swallowed hook, line & sinker!

I won't set it right 4 u; continue dt way!

Stil laughing...grin

Abeg, mek sure say u vote wisely, bikonu!

Re: Elizabeth Truss Resigns as UK Prime Minister (Video) by FullBlastLight: 8:47pm On Oct 20, 2022
Brendaniel:

Oga, if no be Peter Obi I go vote for 2023, I for no bother for PVC,no worry make I update am

Correct!

Beta oyel dey ya head, biko!

Now, I know dt we're related!

Re: Elizabeth Truss Resigns as UK Prime Minister (Video) by ibinaboonline: 8:58pm On Oct 20, 2022
Yes, obviously. Boris is on his way back. The woman fall my hand.
Lookingback:

Yea , that was yesterday I guess at sitting but she resigned today
Re: Elizabeth Truss Resigns as UK Prime Minister (Video) by ibinaboonline: 9:00pm On Oct 20, 2022
LOL. It got too hot for the fair lady.
DonroxyII:
it was hot then but it became hoter than hee fighting spirit!

She said with squeezed face "I'm not a Quitter"
Re: Elizabeth Truss Resigns as UK Prime Minister (Video) by Betgold84: 9:08pm On Oct 20, 2022
Sexy IndecentStar.

fergie001:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRzjoTKYJLU

- The U-turn in her mini-budget
- The sacking of the Chancellor, Kwarteng
- The sacking of Home Secretary, Suella Braverman
- The chaos in the Commons last night

16 MPs have formally asked her to leave. Statement due by 1:30pm UK time.

SOURCE

Leadership elections to hold next week.
Re: Elizabeth Truss Resigns as UK Prime Minister (Video) by TheOgaBoss: 10:12pm On Oct 20, 2022
seunny4lif:
Why can't the British citizens go out to vote?
Why does the MPs always vote for who will be the PM? And the PM also have a VP PM?
Why not him/her?

Crazy system
it is a parliamentary system, go and read your college level government textbook.
Re: Elizabeth Truss Resigns as UK Prime Minister (Video) by TheOgaBoss: 10:14pm On Oct 20, 2022
Princewill1:
UK and the rest of Western Europe should brace up for more Economic Turmoil.

You sanctioned Russia now you are receiving more economic hardship than the sanctioned
the blowback on Europe has been massive, only us is faring a bit better.
Re: Elizabeth Truss Resigns as UK Prime Minister (Video) by TheOgaBoss: 10:19pm On Oct 20, 2022
Karnice600:

You're talking about the same people who suffered from Hitler's war. You are asking them to repeat what they did (turn a blind eye) when Hitler began his invasion with little breaches here and there, untamed, until it became a full blown conflict.
The whites don't think like us. They always take responsibility and are very futuristic. They fight for values. We fight for food.
If Finland and Sweden, could change their stance of neutrality, that should send a signal to Africans.
The lion you saw in your neighbour's farm and ignored because it's none of your business , will one day greet your wife on her way to the market.
You can't be in a better position to tell Europe how to react to Putin's menace. They felt Hitler. So they know better.
don't just swallow western propaganda hook line sinker, the main bone of contention was the treatment of Ukrainian citizens of Russian origin in the breakaway regions of doneak and Donbass. There has been a deliberate attempt to subjugate them culturally and politically since Ukraine became pro west, leading to their secession and the Minsk agreement which Ukraine refused to honor even after signing it.
Re: Elizabeth Truss Resigns as UK Prime Minister (Video) by sharone21(f): 10:47pm On Oct 20, 2022
All these recent Uk PMs and resignation once they know their pension is sure....

UK would have just allowed the Naija woman to enter
Re: Elizabeth Truss Resigns as UK Prime Minister (Video) by budaatum: 11:19pm On Oct 20, 2022
KillSars:
I just hope her sudden resignation won't have a
-ve effect on the rest of her gender wey go wan vie for PM

Why should it? Most people are not as stupid as to think a screw up by one person with one gender means all people of that gender are screw ups. If they did think that stupid way they'd never elect a man as PM since men have screwed up the most, and we'd be electing rats by now after the dogs and cats and cows and sheep they'd have elected would have screwed having written off both male and female humans by now.
Re: Elizabeth Truss Resigns as UK Prime Minister (Video) by Maysdevices(f): 11:52pm On Oct 20, 2022
FullBlastLight:

Hahaha... e pain am die! grin

Laughing at ur ignorance, babe! grin

In ur own knowledge of history, it's a woman who colonised Nig, right?

That's d fallacy u hv swallowed hook, line & sinker!

I won't set it right 4 u; continue dt way!

Stil laughing...grin

Abeg, mek sure say u vote wisely, bikonu!
See this one

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Malia Obama Dances And Twerks at the Lollapalooza Concert (Video And Pics) / Xenophobia: Nigerian Men Are Snatching Our Wives – South African Politician / World War 3 Would Be ‘Nuclear & Destructive’ - Russian Foreign Minister Sergei

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.