Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,563 members, 7,816,370 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:18 AM

One Most Annoying Things; When Your Android Phone Starts Operating Itself! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / One Most Annoying Things; When Your Android Phone Starts Operating Itself! (701 Views)

My Redmi Note 9 Keeps Rebooting When My Phone Starts Ringing / NCC Yet To Renew Airtel's Operating Licence / Benin Republic Withdraws Globacom’s Operating Licence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

One Most Annoying Things; When Your Android Phone Starts Operating Itself! by bongolistik(m): 9:20pm On Oct 20, 2022
I don't know whether I am the only one that feels this way but I am very sure that one of the most frustrating and annoying things in this world is when you have used android phone to the point that the brain of the phone starts to behave like epileptic patient.. i.e. When the android phone begin to operate itself. You will tap menu button, camera will start up, you will want to select an app, the phone will hibernate, you will want click on an action, another operation will engage and so many other epileptic behavior.

At that point the only thought that do come into my mind is to shatter the phone on the floor.

How do you feel in such situation?
Re: One Most Annoying Things; When Your Android Phone Starts Operating Itself! by Abfinest007(m): 9:22pm On Oct 20, 2022
Use better phone u say no.

1 Like

Re: One Most Annoying Things; When Your Android Phone Starts Operating Itself! by bongolistik(m): 9:29pm On Oct 20, 2022
Abfinest007:
Drop the phone you are using, let me drop the one I am using. So better phones are built to last forever.. SMH
Re: One Most Annoying Things; When Your Android Phone Starts Operating Itself! by Unbiased1: 10:42pm On Oct 20, 2022
bongolistik:
I don't know whether I am the only one that feels this way but I am very sure that one of the most frustrating and annoying things in this world is when you have used android phone to the point that the brain of the phone starts to behave like epileptic patient.. i.e. When the android phone begin to operate itself. You will tap menu button, camera will start up, you will want to select an app, the phone will hibernate, you will want click on an action, another operation will engage and so many other epileptic behavior.

At that point the only thought that do come into my mind is to shatter the phone on the floor.

How do you feel in such situation?

This happens mostly when the touchpad of the phone has cracked heavily, so what is the condition of your phone?

1 Like

Re: One Most Annoying Things; When Your Android Phone Starts Operating Itself! by HolyMan12: 2:31am On Oct 21, 2022
Abfinest007:
grin
Re: One Most Annoying Things; When Your Android Phone Starts Operating Itself! by doggedfighter(f): 11:39pm On Oct 21, 2022
Unbiased1:

This happens mostly when the touchpad of the phone has cracked heavily, so what is the condition of your phone?

There's no crack on mine but happens when I am charging and pressing the phone and.
Re: One Most Annoying Things; When Your Android Phone Starts Operating Itself! by StainlessCup: 6:07am On Oct 22, 2022
doggedfighter:

There's no crack on mine but happens when I am charging and pressing the phone and.
Change your charger, go and get a good and quality charger.. That's the cause if not the pad.

2 Likes

Re: One Most Annoying Things; When Your Android Phone Starts Operating Itself! by doggedfighter(f): 7:03am On Oct 22, 2022
StainlessCup:

Change your charger, go and get a good and quality charger.. That's the cause if not the pad.

Okay, thanks ..
Re: One Most Annoying Things; When Your Android Phone Starts Operating Itself! by Unbiased1: 8:09am On Oct 22, 2022
doggedfighter:

I have noticed this in Tecno devices. Using a different charger might correct it but I feel there is a bug in Tecno and Infinix phones that trigger that nonsense anytime the phone is connected to a charger. I have a Tecno Spark 4 Air that does this same thing even with 2 different chargers but my Pixel does not do it with the same chargers.

1 Like

Re: One Most Annoying Things; When Your Android Phone Starts Operating Itself! by doggedfighter(f): 8:36am On Oct 22, 2022
Unbiased1:

I have noticed this in Tecno devices. Using a different charger might correct it but I feel there is a bug in Tecno and Infinix phones that trigger that nonsense anytime the phone is connected to a charger. I have a Tecno Spark 4 Air that does this same thing even with 2 different chargers but my Pixel does not do it with the same chargers.

Mine is Huawei. And it's Oraimo charger that I use for it. It's so crazy and annoying.
Re: One Most Annoying Things; When Your Android Phone Starts Operating Itself! by Unbiased1: 8:58am On Oct 22, 2022
doggedfighter:

Mine is Huawei. And it's Oraimo charger that I use for it. It's so crazy and annoying.

Oraimo charger? The charger is very good but not compatible with your phone. You just have to manage the phone like that except you are ready to start changing chargers to find a compatible one.

1 Like

Re: One Most Annoying Things; When Your Android Phone Starts Operating Itself! by doggedfighter(f): 9:51am On Oct 22, 2022
Unbiased1:

Oraimo charger? The charger is very good but not compatible with your phone. You just have to manage the phone like that except you are ready to start changing chargers to find a compatible one.

I think you just told me the problem now. Compatibility is the issue. No need changing chargers.

Unbiased 1, can you suggest a good 80k to 100k phone, no Tecno or Infinix . Thanks
Re: One Most Annoying Things; When Your Android Phone Starts Operating Itself! by Unbiased1: 12:35pm On Oct 22, 2022
doggedfighter:

I think you just told me the problem now. Compatibility is the issue. No need changing chargers.

Unbiased 1, can you suggest a good 80k to 100k phone, no Tecno or Infinix . Thanks

There are 3 key factors I like to request for before I recommend either a phone or PC to anyone. The first is the person's budget and the second one is what the person plans to do with the phone or likes doing most with a phone or the key specs the person really loves in a phone. The final factor is if the person is fine getting a fairly used phone or is strictly a brand new kind of person or both.

You have already stated your budget which is between 80k to 100k. Now I need you to tell me if you are fine with a fairly used phone or brand new or both and what you really need in a phone.
Your interest might actually be good photography either due to business or personal life or probably you love gaming or you are the type that don't joke with battery life etc.

So I am waiting for your response.
Re: One Most Annoying Things; When Your Android Phone Starts Operating Itself! by doggedfighter(f): 12:55pm On Oct 22, 2022
Unbiased1:

There are 3 key factors I like to request for before I recommend either a phone or PC to anyone. The first is the person's budget and the second one is what the person plans to do with the phone or likes doing most with a phone or the key specs the person really loves in a phone. The final factor is if the person is fine getting a fairly used phone or is strictly a brand new kind of person or both.

You have already stated your budget which is between 80k to 100k. Now I need you to tell me if you are fine with a fairly used phone or brand new or both and what you really need in a phone.
Your interest might actually be good photography either due to business or personal life or probably you love gaming or you are the type that don't joke with battery life etc.

So I am waiting for your response.

All the phones I have always used were ones until I got this present Huawei which is used and I must say it's a good experience so I do say suggest both though not coming with charges and accessories is what I don't like

Photography
Battery life

I need good video call experience too. Thanks
Re: One Most Annoying Things; When Your Android Phone Starts Operating Itself! by Unbiased1: 1:24pm On Oct 22, 2022
doggedfighter:

All the phones I have always used were ones until I got this present Huawei which is used and I must say it's a good experience so I do say suggest both though not coming with charges and accessories is what I don't like

Photography
Battery life

I need good video call experience too. Thanks

With your budget, you may not be able to get any latest phone (2020 - 2022 phone) with good selfie camera for video calls except you want to settle for lower Tecno or Infinix Spark or Hot models.

For brand new phones, I will suggest a Redmi device (from Redmi Note 9 upwards). Redmi devices have good battery life and decent camera. You can also install GCAM (Google camera) for better photography experience. Let me also add that Redmi devices also come with the best midrange processors as at the time they were first launched so you won't be getting any performance issue.
You can search for Redmi devices on Jumia, Konga, Jiji and here on Nairaland just to see the price tag of the phone (from Redmi Note 9 upwards).

For even better photography experience, you can get a flagship device instead. Note that there is currently no brand new flagship device that sells between 80k to 100k so you will have to settle for fairly used without accessories.
Under this category, you can get a fairly used Samsung S9 or S10 or a Google Pixel 4XL. They have very decent camera quality with high performance processors so you can even use them for 4k picture and video editing using Adobe Rush or any other editing app. You can also play games at high resolution. The best place to find these phones is Jiji.
Some extra things to note are the Pixel 4XL is an American device and does not support 2 SIM cards or an external memory card so you can only use 1 sim card without any option of using a memory card; Both phones (Samsung and Pixel) don't have 3.5mm jack so you will need to buy a headphone to USB C adaptor inorder to use a wired earpiece or you can simply use a wireless earbud. The adaptor usually comes with the phone but you will definitely need to buy the phone as a brand new device with every accessory intact and that will cost you over 250k for brand new.
Re: One Most Annoying Things; When Your Android Phone Starts Operating Itself! by doggedfighter(f): 1:40pm On Oct 22, 2022
Unbiased1:

With your budget, you may not be able to get any latest phone (2020 - 2022 phone) with good selfie camera for video calls except you want to settle for lower Tecno or Infinix Spark or Hot models.

For brand new phones, I will suggest a Redmi device (from Redmi Note 9 upwards). Redmi devices have good battery life and decent camera. You can also install GCAM (Google camera) for better photography experience. Let me also add that Redmi devices also come with the best midrange processors as at the time they were first launched so you won't be getting any performance issue.
You can search for Redmi devices on Jumia, Konga, Jiji and here on Nairaland just to see the price tag of the phone (from Redmi Note 9 upwards).

For even better photography experience, you can get a flagship device instead. Note that there is currently no brand new flagship device that sells between 80k to 100k so you will have to settle for fairly used without accessories.
Under this category, you can get a fairly used Samsung S9 or S10 or a Google Pixel 4XL. They have very decent camera quality with high performance processors so you can even use them for 4k picture and video editing using Adobe Rush or any other editing app. You can also play games at high resolution. The best place to find these phones is Jiji.
Some extra things to note are the Pixel 4XL is an American device and does not support 2 SIM cards or an external memory card so you can only use 1 sim card without any option of using a memory card; Both phones (Samsung and Pixel) don't have 3.5mm jack so you will need to buy a headphone to USB C adaptor inorder to use a wired earpiece or you can simply use a wireless earbud. The adaptor usually comes with the phone but you will definitely need to buy the phone as a brand new device with every accessory intact and that will cost you over 250k for brand new.

It's Redmi for me . Thanks so much for detailed explanation.

(1) (Reply)

Need A Samsung Phone 5000mah Battery Front Camera Not Less Tha 16mp. Budget 100k / Infinix Smart 7 Plus Full Review - Watch Before You Buy O / ZEALOT S67 Bluetooth Speaker

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.