Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,012 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:08 AM

2023: Nnamdi Kanu's Release May Spoil Things - Adeyanju - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Nnamdi Kanu's Release May Spoil Things - Adeyanju (16447 Views)

2023: Activists Says Nnamdi Kanu’s Release May Spoil Things / 2023: Nnamdi Kanu’ll ‘force’ Igbo President To Declare Biafra – Dokpesi / Press Release May 7, 2019 EFCC Should Stop This Witch-hunt Against Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: Nnamdi Kanu's Release May Spoil Things - Adeyanju by valentineuwakwe(m): 10:14pm On Oct 20, 2022
There are indications that the release of Nnamdi Kanu, leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, may affect the conduct of the 2023 general elections in the Southeast.

Deji Adeyanju, an Abuja-based rights activist, said Kanu’s release may affect the momentum of the 2023 elections in the Southeast.

Recall that an Appeal Court in Abuja had ordered Kanu’s release after discharging and acquitting him of all terrorism charges.

Following the ruling, there has been mixed reactions that Kanu’s release and continued detention may affect the 2023 elections in the Southeast.

However, Adeyanju said Kanu might never order his followers to vote or support any politician if released.

Speaking with DAILY POST, Adeyanju said: “His continued incarceration might not affect the 2023 general election except if he has access to social media in detention which is most unlikely.

“However, I think it’s Nnamdi Kanu’s release that is likely to tilt the election the other way. If he is released, I think the political momentum in the Southeast will douse down, and it will be counterproductive to Obi.

“That is why you can see that Obi’s supporters did not celebrate when the Court of Appeal ruled that he should be released.

“They saw that he would spoil their momentum if he is released, and you can understand that politically speaking; because Kanu will not likely not ask people to vote or support a politician.

“We all know his stance over the affairs of Nigeria, but that is not to say that even from prison, if he begins to issue certain directives to his followers, most of them would not comply.”
source: https://dailypost.ng/2022/10/20/2023-nnamdi-kanus-release-may-spoil-things-adeyanju/

7 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 2023: Nnamdi Kanu's Release May Spoil Things - Adeyanju by successmatters(m): 10:14pm On Oct 20, 2022
Nnamdi Kanu also loves good governance. Buharri bad government and nepotism helped bring Nnamdi Kanu to limelight.

The elections will go on in peace, don't use the illegality of keeping Nnamdi Kanu to justify your disdain for the rule of law.

163 Likes 12 Shares

Re: 2023: Nnamdi Kanu's Release May Spoil Things - Adeyanju by LeoDeKing: 10:19pm On Oct 20, 2022
I understand lamidi kwanu's case is part of Buhari's handing over note to the great Asiwaju of Nigeria.

The Jagaban will continue from where Buhari stop. So the earliest lamidi kwanu will smell freedom is 2031, and that is if he ever smell it.

84 Likes 11 Shares

Re: 2023: Nnamdi Kanu's Release May Spoil Things - Adeyanju by Jostoman: 10:22pm On Oct 20, 2022
They should set him Free

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2023: Nnamdi Kanu's Release May Spoil Things - Adeyanju by Jennylove21(f): 10:29pm On Oct 20, 2022
Let's see first
Re: 2023: Nnamdi Kanu's Release May Spoil Things - Adeyanju by sirjoggy(m): 10:30pm On Oct 20, 2022
Really
Re: 2023: Nnamdi Kanu's Release May Spoil Things - Adeyanju by limeta(f): 10:36pm On Oct 20, 2022
LeoDeKing:
I understand lamidi kwanu's case is part of Buhari's handing over note to the great Asiwaju of Nigeria.

The Jagaban will continue from where Buhari stop. So the earliest lamidi kwanu will smell freedom is 2031, and that is if he ever smell it.

Well if jagaban continue where Buhari stop there will be open war between ipob with yorubas muslims everything go jagajaga
Anyway Tinubu will not smell it that will save the day .

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Nnamdi Kanu's Release May Spoil Things - Adeyanju by Bontafa: 10:44pm On Oct 20, 2022
LeoDeKing:

So after the neck pressing today from obident left right and center.

Your brain begin malfunction like who drink sawdust

69 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023: Nnamdi Kanu's Release May Spoil Things - Adeyanju by Bluntguy: 10:48pm On Oct 20, 2022
LeoDeKing:

Stop urinating on your clothes.

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Nnamdi Kanu's Release May Spoil Things - Adeyanju by realstars: 11:00pm On Oct 20, 2022
The fear of kanu is the bigining of ...........

10 Likes

Re: 2023: Nnamdi Kanu's Release May Spoil Things - Adeyanju by vengertime: 8:04am On Oct 21, 2022
This one is just chasing clout up and down.

Until he collect bullet for face

14 Likes

Re: 2023: Nnamdi Kanu's Release May Spoil Things - Adeyanju by MuslimIgbo: 8:04am On Oct 21, 2022
Few weeks ago, FG was barking and bleating at ASUU to obey court order or face consequences. Now see the useless FG headed by a nomadic criminal tribe man. Awùsá fool ani fool.
Very ruthless criminals.

NIGERIA HAS NEVER HAD IT THIS BAD.
I WISH MARADONA THE EVIL-GENIOUS WASTED THIS COW IN 1985 COUP.

BASTARDS

101 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Nnamdi Kanu's Release May Spoil Things - Adeyanju by LTCtech: 8:05am On Oct 21, 2022
Okay..

Let's help you build a website and a mobile app for your business. WhatsApp or call the number in my signature or profile
Re: 2023: Nnamdi Kanu's Release May Spoil Things - Adeyanju by odiyeu88(m): 8:05am On Oct 21, 2022
Just remember that Mr. Kanu and IPOB don't support voting in Nigerian elections at all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: Nnamdi Kanu's Release May Spoil Things - Adeyanju by emmanuelbrown26: 8:05am On Oct 21, 2022
Mr. Man, ur people supported evil and evil is about to loom on their door step

24 Likes

Re: 2023: Nnamdi Kanu's Release May Spoil Things - Adeyanju by EmzyT: 8:06am On Oct 21, 2022
I don rush book space, now to come type watin dey my mind come tire me

Abeg Nairaland should make Voice Note Accessible to their Website abeg, no be everytime person dey get strength type

5 Likes

Re: 2023: Nnamdi Kanu's Release May Spoil Things - Adeyanju by Rapuru14: 8:06am On Oct 21, 2022
LeoDeKing:

You ain't God

7 Likes

Re: 2023: Nnamdi Kanu's Release May Spoil Things - Adeyanju by samuel19222(m): 8:06am On Oct 21, 2022
grin the fear of one man

8 Likes

Re: 2023: Nnamdi Kanu's Release May Spoil Things - Adeyanju by JosephXavier: 8:06am On Oct 21, 2022
Its always people that have never set foot in SE that have the most takes on issues of SE

What does obeying the rule of law have to do with the election?

Obi's supporters are motivated by the existing bad governance and wants country that works

8 Likes

Re: 2023: Nnamdi Kanu's Release May Spoil Things - Adeyanju by CSTRR: 8:06am On Oct 21, 2022
This is the same lunatic that has been peddling all kinds of slander against Peter obi.

I wonder why compromised fellows like this think their opinion matters.
It baffles me.

Even a 2yr baby can see that your opinion is thrash.

7 Likes

Re: 2023: Nnamdi Kanu's Release May Spoil Things - Adeyanju by Realist12: 8:06am On Oct 21, 2022
A lot of people don't realise Kanu started off as an opposition to Buhari, he only incited Biafra to get his people on his side . Coz why did he start his movement immediately Buhari was sworn in ? And hasn't been heard of prior to 2015, IPOB is Eastern PDP style of opposition an extremists movement.
Re: 2023: Nnamdi Kanu's Release May Spoil Things - Adeyanju by emmanuelbrown26: 8:06am On Oct 21, 2022
LeoDeKing:

Bros hope u dun buy pampers today for baba? Abeg no vex

26 Likes

Re: 2023: Nnamdi Kanu's Release May Spoil Things - Adeyanju by Justinlean02(m): 8:07am On Oct 21, 2022
Really, but Buhari said he wouldn't interfere but let the court do their thing, why refuse to adhere to that court injunction angry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Nnamdi Kanu's Release May Spoil Things - Adeyanju by jeromestarks: 8:07am On Oct 21, 2022
A house divided against itself can not stand.
Re: 2023: Nnamdi Kanu's Release May Spoil Things - Adeyanju by Realists(m): 8:07am On Oct 21, 2022
LeoDeKing:

Una go wail tire. Instead of LP party to be happy Mazi, is released they want Dss to arrest him back again. What do wailers want in life?.

Re: 2023: Nnamdi Kanu's Release May Spoil Things - Adeyanju by Boyooosa(m): 8:08am On Oct 21, 2022
Hmmm
Re: 2023: Nnamdi Kanu's Release May Spoil Things - Adeyanju by Bobbiee: 8:08am On Oct 21, 2022
So that's enough reason to continue breaking the law?

1 Like

Re: 2023: Nnamdi Kanu's Release May Spoil Things - Adeyanju by Atarakpa: 8:08am On Oct 21, 2022
And the release of boko harams will make things better. I don't really know what is wrong with Fulani when ever they see an Igbo man or woman. Sàme thing with the igbos
Re: 2023: Nnamdi Kanu's Release May Spoil Things - Adeyanju by PStacks(m): 8:09am On Oct 21, 2022
Let him cool his hills in the Zoo's cage

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Change Buhari Promised Will Not Happen Overnight – Atiku / PDP Will Regain Its Power In 2019 Election – David Mark / PHOTOS: Buhari Meets US Secretary Of States, Pompeo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.