Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,814 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:28 AM

What Is Wrong In Wearing Clothes Made From Animal Skin? - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / What Is Wrong In Wearing Clothes Made From Animal Skin? (2045 Views)

Designer Introduces Clothes Made Out Of Cond0ms (photo) / Brazilian Designer Introduces Clothes Made Out Of Condoms! / Would You Buy Clothes Made In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Is Wrong In Wearing Clothes Made From Animal Skin? by emofine(f): 9:58pm On Aug 18, 2011
I suppose this is a topic leaning towards the lines of ethics than fashion per se.

However there are many individuals and organisations (PETA for example) that rally against wearing animal clothing.

Yet in the first book of the bible, when Adam and Eve sinned and realized they were n[b]a[/b]k[i]e[/i]d it narrates that God killed an animal and covered them in that slain animal's skin. . . so the first clothes fashioned in the world was made from animal skin. I do understand that some animals are endangered and even tortured so that certain people can acquire their skin - that is a whole other politics and I am against that.

But if done in a way that is legit what is essentially wrong in wearing clothing made from an animal?
Re: What Is Wrong In Wearing Clothes Made From Animal Skin? by InkedNerd(f): 11:11pm On Aug 18, 2011
Personally, I don't think using the Bible or any other religious text as reference should be a reason to use an animal's skin for clothes but I do not see anything wrong in using an animal for clothes as a whole [just as long as their not endangered]. Personally, the main issue I have with the using an animals skin for clothing is the methods that are used. Often times when these animals have their skin extracted from them, they are still alive--that in my opinion is a VERY cruel way for a person to take an animals life. Also, in a lot of those places where animals are skinned, the workers who work there purposely torture them before the skin is removed. As a living creature, I can only imagine the sort of pain these animals must be feelings. The idea of using the skin is ok, but to torture an animal and to do it while its alive, that's just horrible. I've always known about the practices that go on is such places but it wasn't until I saw "Earthlings" that I really got to see what it was like. I'm not a squeamish person but to see those images was quite sickening, especially for those who were just doing it for the fun of it.

Here's the link if you wanna take a look at it
[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkLt88_u5lQ[/flash]

(1) (Reply)

Check Out Branama Singer Kefee's New Gangsta Look / Hand-made Shoes And Belts For Males And Females (pictures) / Ladies Get Your Affordable Braid Wigs!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.