Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,765 members, 7,831,457 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:59 PM

Why Shouldn’t I Ignore Warning Lights? - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Why Shouldn’t I Ignore Warning Lights? (144 Views)

Why Shouldn’t I Ignore Warning Lights? / Why Shouldn’t I Ignore Warning Lights? / Easy to use Bluetooth car scanner for error lights. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Shouldn’t I Ignore Warning Lights? by autoremedy365: 9:47am On Oct 21, 2022
Why shouldn’t I ignore warning light is because ignoring your vehicle’s warning lights is a bad idea. You should check them regularly and let your service center know about any issues that you identify.

Engine-Coolant Temperature Warning Light

The Engine Coolant Temperature Warning Light is a good indicator of engine issues. If you see this light come on, it’s important to be aware of what it means and what you should do about it.

The Engine Coolant Temperature Warning Light comes on when the engine coolant temperature reaches 230 degrees Fahrenheit or higher. This could mean that your thermostat is faulty or that there is a leak somewhere in your cooling system, like a blown head gasket or cracked radiator cap.

If the light stays on once you’ve started your car, it’s time to take action because this could indicate an overheating condition which could damage other parts like pistons and cylinders if left unchecked for too long (source).

Brake Warning Light

If the brake warning light stays on, it means that something has gone wrong with your brakes. There are several things you can check if this happens:

Make sure that your tires are properly inflated and not worn out. If either of these things is incorrect, it could cause problems with how well your brakes work.
Check for leaks in the hydraulic system, which may be caused by worn-out seals or hoses.
Ensure that the rotors and drums haven’t warped or otherwise become damaged. This can happen if they’re exposed to extreme heat or cold over time—for example, if they’re left unattended without being changed regularly (this includes regular driving).
If none of these steps work, then it’s likely time for a mechanic’s visit!

Battery Alert Light

When the battery light is on, you’re being warned that your battery is low. If you ignore this warning, it won’t be long before your car won’t start at all.

To avoid this problem:

When the engine isn’t running, don’t leave any electronic devices on that are plugged into a power outlet inside or underneath the vehicle (such as radio receivers, DVD players and cell phone chargers). This can drain the battery faster than normal and cause the “low voltage” indicator light to come on. If possible take out these devices when they are not in use; otherwise unplug them when not required (they still draw power even though they aren’t operating). You should also disconnect any other electrical accessories that may be draining power from your car’s electrical system while parked – such as anti-theft alarm systems or remote controls for automatic door locks/windows etc..
Read More: https://autoremedy365.com/why-shouldnt-i-ignore-warning-lights/

(1) (Reply)

Hottest Deal�� Clean And Sharp ✅ Toyota Camry 2009 / New Arrival Toks 04 Toyota Highlander+duty Paid In Full #4.950M 08168995190 / Refer Us And Make Money Big

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.