Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,247 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:12 AM

2023: Supreme Court Affirms Sherriff Oborevwori As Delta PDP Guber Candidate - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Supreme Court Affirms Sherriff Oborevwori As Delta PDP Guber Candidate (20057 Views)

Delta: Tribunal Re-Affirms Sherriff (PDP) As Elected Gov, Dismisses APC, LP, SDP / PDP's Sherriff Oborevwori Wins Delta Governorship Election 2023 / 2023: Supreme Court Affirms Ifeanyi Chukwuma Odii As Ebonyi PDP Guber Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023: Supreme Court Affirms Sherriff Oborevwori As Delta PDP Guber Candidate by 2T215: 11:23am On Oct 21, 2022
I doubt Sherriff winning this one since the rigging will be curtailed by BVAS and electronic transmission system. The votes will count sadly.
As for the court cases, I too have been watching this aspect but with the Judiciary so unpredictable, one can't say much.

Slimzjoe:
Sheriff will win the gubernatorial election by a slim margin but Agege will be sworn in as governor after numerous court cases against Sheriff's forgery.

If David Edevbie was the PDP candidate, it would have been a flawless victory for PDP

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Supreme Court Affirms Sherriff Oborevwori As Delta PDP Guber Candidate by Aiel123: 11:25am On Oct 21, 2022
2T215:
It will be a tough challenge for Sherriff and a difficult one. With the trend I see, a god number of persons are not comfortable with the choice Okowa is making for the Urhobo's and that is a landmine. Omo-Agege is a force and he has the supp

ort of Ibori. With what Okowa has also done to Ibori, i am too sure Ibori will not work for Sherriff.
Since rigging will be reduced to the barest minimum as things are, lets see how things unfold. In my view, It is tilting in favour of DSP. Lets not forget that DSP defeated candidate backed by PDP to get to where is today and he has a grip of Delta Central.

2023 guber is Sherrif's to lose.
Delta north plus south and 50% of the central is the laid down pathway for victory.
The presidential election will provide clearer picture...
DSP is only sure of Ughelli for now...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Supreme Court Affirms Sherriff Oborevwori As Delta PDP Guber Candidate by Slimzjoe(m): 11:25am On Oct 21, 2022
2T215:
I doubt Sherriff winning this one since the rigging will be curtailed by BVAS and electronic transmission system. The votes will count sadly.
As for the court cases, I too have been watching this aspect but with the Judiciary so unpredictable, one can't say much.

Sheriff will win without Rigging. PDP is delta. Delta is PDP.

The average old woman in a delta community don't want to use ear to hear APC, Change and Broom.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Supreme Court Affirms Sherriff Oborevwori As Delta PDP Guber Candidate by 2T215: 11:26am On Oct 21, 2022
which rigging, except they have to bring out so much money to buy votes. Rigging go hard with the new Electoral Act.(Ask Osun and Ekiti people)

akbonus:

hope you are not capitalising on rigging o,because you people in pdp are not tired of it,but this time you will be shocked beyond your imagination,Riggers and Looters apc and pdp siamese twins.
Re: 2023: Supreme Court Affirms Sherriff Oborevwori As Delta PDP Guber Candidate by Themandator: 11:26am On Oct 21, 2022
Massiveglory:
Podatti and atikuokowa will drag Delta state for the presidential election but I see podatti taking it.
Emilokan should do thanksgiving if he sees 5%.
The governorship election is between this sheriff guy and the mace snatcher deputy senate president.

Sheriff is a former youth chairman of Osubi .... He is on ground amongst the Urhobos much more than the Maze snatcher . He is likely to carry the day since the election doesn't hold same day as the presidential election

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Supreme Court Affirms Sherriff Oborevwori As Delta PDP Guber Candidate by Slimzjoe(m): 11:27am On Oct 21, 2022
Aiel123:

2023 guber is Sherrif's to lose.
Delta north plus south and 50% of the central is the laid down pathway for victory.
The presidential election will provide clearer picture...
DSP is only sure of Ughelli for now...

Exactly! Na only Ughelli DSP get.
Ogboru has a whole LGA to himself and wins it always. Ethiope East. DSP doesn't have that weight yet hence the need for him to align with Osanebi

1 Like

Re: 2023: Supreme Court Affirms Sherriff Oborevwori As Delta PDP Guber Candidate by 2T215: 11:29am On Oct 21, 2022
I respect your views...I am a Deltan, my community has been voting PDP since 2009 but I can tell you right now, it has changed.
I know of other areas that were PDP strongholds that are switching alliances. It is good to be optimistic but I am not sure of where this optimism is anchored.

Slimzjoe:

Sheriff will win without Rigging. PDP is delta. Delta is PDP.

The average old woman in a delta community don't want to use ear to hear APC, Change and Broom.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Supreme Court Affirms Sherriff Oborevwori As Delta PDP Guber Candidate by 2T215: 11:31am On Oct 21, 2022
Bros,
Abeg, how him manage win Delta Central election twice?

Slimzjoe:

Ogboru has a whole LGA to himself and wins it always. Ethiope East. DSP doesn't have that weight yet hence the need for him to align with Osanebi

1 Like

Re: 2023: Supreme Court Affirms Sherriff Oborevwori As Delta PDP Guber Candidate by 13october: 11:32am On Oct 21, 2022
[quote author=fergie001 post=117747766][/quote]

CONGRATULATIONS TO OMO AGEGE. IBORI WILL JUST WORK FOR APC. FINISHED

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Supreme Court Affirms Sherriff Oborevwori As Delta PDP Guber Candidate by Aiel123: 11:33am On Oct 21, 2022
Slimzjoe:

DSP has weight oo
He is one of the most popular politician in Urhobo land today
I see Ndokwa East flipping to APC because of Osanebi.
How do you see it?

1 Like

Re: 2023: Supreme Court Affirms Sherriff Oborevwori As Delta PDP Guber Candidate by OvisFranko: 11:33am On Oct 21, 2022
Aiel123:

The DC - 2023 group chaired by Sen Amori screened Edevbie, Oborevwori and Gbagi as urhobos candidate for PDP.
Those three was their final list of urhobos candidates.
So Sherrif isn't foisted on the good people of Delta, rather he was found worthy to be shortlisted among the three finalists.
Also, It's Okpe turn,at least for a sense of belonging.
For DC-2023 to have 3 finalists from Okpe, Ughelli and Ughievwen Kingdoms respectively shows that the gubernatorial slot is for all Urhobos irrespective of their Kingdom.
The emergence of Felix Ibru( from Agbarha-Otor Kingdom) and Onanefe Ibori( from Oghara Kingdom) as governors was not based on microzoning.
I can see from your angle of an Okpe man coming on board, but as for me I am for Sen. Ovie Omo-Agege.
#Edge2Band.

4 Likes

Re: 2023: Supreme Court Affirms Sherriff Oborevwori As Delta PDP Guber Candidate by ufuosman(m): 11:34am On Oct 21, 2022
hisexcellency34:
Okowa just wan dash Delta State to APC maybe because of fear of EFCC
I think so. because oborevwori cannot win Omo Agege
Re: 2023: Supreme Court Affirms Sherriff Oborevwori As Delta PDP Guber Candidate by ufuosman(m): 11:35am On Oct 21, 2022
AllTheWayUp:
Okowa is a goal
Sheriff will Defeat Omo Agege overwhelmingly
APC and Omo Agege were praying for court to declare the unpopular David Edevbie as PDP candidate but they have been left disappointed
Omo Agege is no match for Sheriff in Delta State
Sherriff Oborevwori will flog Omo Agege in the polls
Omo Agege will defeat oborevwori

3 Likes

Re: 2023: Supreme Court Affirms Sherriff Oborevwori As Delta PDP Guber Candidate by ufuosman(m): 11:36am On Oct 21, 2022
Omo Agege get already and arrange ur speech... Apc will win delta state

3 Likes

Re: 2023: Supreme Court Affirms Sherriff Oborevwori As Delta PDP Guber Candidate by OvisFranko: 11:37am On Oct 21, 2022
Themandator:

Sheriff is a former youth chairman of Osubi .... He is on ground amongst the Urhobos much more than the Maze snatcher . He is likely to carry the day since the election doesn't hold same day as the presidential election

As a former youth Chairman of Osubi community who later rose to be Speaker of Delta State House of Assembly. What are his achievements in Osubi community?

4 Likes

Re: 2023: Supreme Court Affirms Sherriff Oborevwori As Delta PDP Guber Candidate by Slimzjoe(m): 11:37am On Oct 21, 2022
Aiel123:

DSP has weight oo
He is one of the most popular politician in Urhobo land today
I see Ndokwa East flipping to APC because of Osanebi.
How do you see it?

The youths will definitely follow Osanebi in Ndokwa but I don't know if it will be enough
Re: 2023: Supreme Court Affirms Sherriff Oborevwori As Delta PDP Guber Candidate by Aiel123: 11:38am On Oct 21, 2022
2T215:
Bros,

He won his first at the court
The second one he won with just 11k difference...
If he could not win his senatorial district election convincingly don't you think his guber aspiration is a step taken too far?
Which part of delta are you from?
Re: 2023: Supreme Court Affirms Sherriff Oborevwori As Delta PDP Guber Candidate by Aiel123: 11:40am On Oct 21, 2022
OvisFranko:

For DC-2023 to have 3 finalists from Okpe, Ughelli and Ughievwen Kingdoms respectively shows that the gubernatorial slot is for all Urhobos irrespective of their Kingdom.
The emergence of Felix Ibru( from Agbarha-Otor Kingdom) and Onanefe Ibori( from Oghara Kingdom) as governors was not based on microzoning.
I can see from your angle of an Okpe man coming on board, but as for me I am for Sen. Ovie Omo-Agege.
#Edge2Band.
I respect your stand sir.
Re: 2023: Supreme Court Affirms Sherriff Oborevwori As Delta PDP Guber Candidate by OvisFranko: 11:43am On Oct 21, 2022
Aiel123:

I respect your stand sir.
Same here.
You are a true gentleman.
One love brother.
Re: 2023: Supreme Court Affirms Sherriff Oborevwori As Delta PDP Guber Candidate by Slimzjoe(m): 11:43am On Oct 21, 2022
2T215:
Bros,

Good question. First, who has been his opponent? Can you compare Evelyn's weight and pull? How many times do people vote for women in our part of the country?

Secondly, this is Delta central. The senatorial District of the Leader of Pdp Delta state. Whoever he throws his weight behind, emerges and Agege has always been his boy. Many of us even thought Agege will Decamp back to PDP this last minute and collect their ticket.
That's your answer boss. APC is not why he won. If ApC could make someone win in Delta, Uduaghan will not be loosing to James Manager of all people

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Supreme Court Affirms Sherriff Oborevwori As Delta PDP Guber Candidate by Jaydasilva10: 11:43am On Oct 21, 2022
AllTheWayUp:

grin grin grin
Garfield another Confused APC e-rat, always jumping from thread to thread and commenting on various State local Politics that he has no knowledge about

I can't stop laughing grin grin

1 Like

Re: 2023: Supreme Court Affirms Sherriff Oborevwori As Delta PDP Guber Candidate by Aiel123: 11:44am On Oct 21, 2022
Slimzjoe:

The youths will definitely follow Osanebi in Ndokwa but I don't know if it will be enough
That's another angle.
There should be no segregation of any kind of if you want to win.
The women,men and aged folks are all important.
Depending only on one segment of the voting population is recipe for disaster.
Whatever happens the next deputy governor will be of Ndokwa extraction.
Onjeme and Osanebi.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Supreme Court Affirms Sherriff Oborevwori As Delta PDP Guber Candidate by odinga1of: 11:48am On Oct 21, 2022
Mightymanna:
Sheriff? Sound Northern

Sheriff is an English name.
Re: 2023: Supreme Court Affirms Sherriff Oborevwori As Delta PDP Guber Candidate by Massiveglory: 11:49am On Oct 21, 2022
OGHENAOGIE:
The next gorvenor of Delta State... Those shouting Obi ll win Delta are delusional
Oga rest. Obi will sweep delta state in the presidential election.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Supreme Court Affirms Sherriff Oborevwori As Delta PDP Guber Candidate by Aiel123: 11:50am On Oct 21, 2022
OvisFranko:

Same here.
You are a true gentleman.
One love brother.
That's how it should be.
Politics without bitterness.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Supreme Court Affirms Sherriff Oborevwori As Delta PDP Guber Candidate by Luvinghubby: 11:52am On Oct 21, 2022
Milljack:
Ukodo okpe 2023 all the way..omo agege been dey pray make David edevbie win... Congratulations Sheriff.. David edevbie,Evans ivwurie et Al., political career are over

That airport for Osubi must turn International airport by fire by force.

I think Sheriff hails from that community
Re: 2023: Supreme Court Affirms Sherriff Oborevwori As Delta PDP Guber Candidate by Jostoman: 11:57am On Oct 21, 2022
Sonnobax15:
grin
Omo Agege is a goal, whether you like it or not........Via say let the battle in PDP begin......A battle between a former godfather criminal (Ibori) and a current criminal (Okowa) ,to the favor of our precious incoming governor Ovie Omo Agege cool
Omo Agege The one that is stealing Mase up and down. grin
Re: 2023: Supreme Court Affirms Sherriff Oborevwori As Delta PDP Guber Candidate by urbobo20(m): 11:59am On Oct 21, 2022
Guy forget that talk between the two of sheriff and agege if na man to mam sheriff na boy to agege if you talk of pdp and apc no problem

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Supreme Court Affirms Sherriff Oborevwori As Delta PDP Guber Candidate by otokx(m): 12:01pm On Oct 21, 2022
Luvinghubby:

That airport for Osubi must turn International airport by fire by force.

I think Sheriff hails from that community

Heard he was among people that sold that area to build the airport.
Re: 2023: Supreme Court Affirms Sherriff Oborevwori As Delta PDP Guber Candidate by Bizibi(m): 12:04pm On Oct 21, 2022
2T215:
It will be a tough challenge for Sherriff and a difficult one. With the trend I see, a god number of persons are not comfortable with the choice Okowa is making for the Urhobo's and that is a landmine. Omo-Agege is a force and he has the support of Ibori. With what Okowa has also done to Ibori, i am too sure Ibori will not work for Sherriff.
Since rigging will be reduced to the barest minimum as things are, lets see how things unfold. In my view, It is tilting in favour of DSP. Lets not forget that DSP defeated candidate backed by PDP to get to where is today and he has a grip of Delta Central.

I just dey look em.....na em know.that pipeline contract they gave tompolo must be a strategy. Pdp is about to experience decamping in Delta south.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Supreme Court Affirms Sherriff Oborevwori As Delta PDP Guber Candidate by OGHENAOGIE(m): 12:05pm On Oct 21, 2022
Massiveglory:

Oga rest. Obi will sweep delta state in the presidential election.
no wahala we go here when Obi ll return back to PDP after coming third or fourth... Labour party only exist online that's why u guys are angry with the reality of losing already

1 Like

Re: 2023: Supreme Court Affirms Sherriff Oborevwori As Delta PDP Guber Candidate by OGHENAOGIE(m): 12:06pm On Oct 21, 2022
Kennyfancy:
are you in delta ?
I don't have to be there labour party won't win a single local govt in South South...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

"Before Garba Shehu Misleads Nigerians On The N3.87B State House Clinic Budget" / Lauretta Onochie: It Is Disrespectful To Ask About Buhari's Health Status / EFCC Arraigns Maj Gen. Atewe, 3 Others Over N8.5bn NIMASA Scam(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.