Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,394 members, 7,819,409 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:49 PM

Nigerian Floods, My Take And A Possible Solution - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Floods, My Take And A Possible Solution (773 Views)

Rice Vessels Set To Berth At Nigerian Seaports As 57000 MT Of Corn Floods Lagos / Nigerian Bonds Post Huge Gains On News Of A Possible Tinubu Win - Bloomberg / Photos As Floods Take Over Lagos Roads After Heavy Downpour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Floods, My Take And A Possible Solution by Coldie(m): 12:35pm On Oct 21, 2022
The flood has been ravaging Nigeria with many towns and states flooded. With roads washed out and infrastructures destroyed.

Since it started there have been blame games, government blaming Cameroon to citizens blaming fellow citizens for blocking gutters to the rest.

Nigeria has been complaining that the lake chad has been shrinking, Nigeria has no problem in building an oil and gas pipeline that goes from the Niger delta all the way to kogi or kaduna.

Why can’t we build a pipeline that channels excess water from the lagbo dam all the way to lake chad to refill it?

Lake chad shrinking is part of the reason y farmers herdsmen clashes happen as herdsmen began moving down south for water and pastures.
I believe Nigeria can do this.

What are your thoughts?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Floods, My Take And A Possible Solution by Nobody: 12:36pm On Oct 21, 2022
Pray for a better development
Re: Nigerian Floods, My Take And A Possible Solution by Coldie(m): 12:39pm On Oct 21, 2022
Akk gas pipeline is over 600km. But this new hydropipeline is just around 350km.

Water is not as powerful as oil or gas so the cost will be lesser.

Nigeria can do this, anybody you there reading this should table it to the men at the top

Re: Nigerian Floods, My Take And A Possible Solution by Righteousness2(m): 12:54pm On Oct 21, 2022
Unprecedented Calamities is sweeping through the nations. Even the so called Super power nations have been overwhelmed with disasters.
Unprecedented earthquakes, volcanoes, tornadoes, hurricanes, fire, heatwaves, hailstones, etc

We are living in the End of the Endtimes. Sin is the cause of the Calamities. Sin has reached a crescendo. The earth is reacting to the abominations, evils, bloodshed and Wickedness carried out by the world Inhabitants.
Leviticus 18:24-25
Defile not ye yourselves in any of these things: for in all these the nations are defiled which I cast out before you:
And the land is defiled: therefore I do visit the iniquity thereof upon it, and the land itself vomiteth out her inhabitants.

Instead of the world leaders to proclaim a solemn call of prayer and Repentance to God at UN assembly, they are busy fighting the wind and deceiving themselves with Climate change agenda.
GOD ALMIGHTY runs this earth, the weather and everything in it.

If the world continues the way it is going, then get ready for the Worse.

The remedy to these disasters is in
2 Chronicles 7:13-14
If I shut up heaven that there be no rain, or if I command the locusts to devour the land, or if I send pestilence among my people;

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Re: Nigerian Floods, My Take And A Possible Solution by SadiqBabaSani: 1:34pm On Oct 21, 2022
Good suggestion, you are onw of the productive Nigerians who don't just sit down to lament but try to profer solutions to the ills of the nation.

The Federal Government should put this suggestion amongst others into consideration instead of minister of Water resource' to just come and be saying that Its not Cameroon dam that is responsible
Re: Nigerian Floods, My Take And A Possible Solution by OfficialAPCNig: 1:37pm On Oct 21, 2022
Peter Obi is already looking at that direction, but instead of building pipeline, we can build bigger dam to contain the excess water released form the Cameroonian dam.

He will also dredge the Niger and Benue to handle bigger volume of water.

My vote is for Peter Obi

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Floods, My Take And A Possible Solution by FakeIgboJew: 1:41pm On Oct 21, 2022
Coldie:
The flood has been ravaging Nigeria with many towns and states flooded. With roads washed out and infrastructures destroyed.

Since it started there have been blame games, government blaming Cameroon to citizens blaming fellow citizens for blocking gutters to the rest.

Nigeria has been complaining that the lake chad has been shrinking, Nigeria has no problem in building an oil and gas pipeline that goes from the Niger delta all the way to kogi or kaduna.

Why can’t we build a pipeline that channels excess water from the lagbo dam all the way to lake chad to refill it?

Lake chad shrinking is part of the reason y farmers herdsmen clashes happen as herdsmen began moving down south for water and pastures.
I believe Nigeria can do this.

What are your thoughts?

You can't even use a map properly and see that as you move from the Benue trough up north towards chad you encounter high ground.

How do you intend piping water up hill ?

Ode

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Floods, My Take And A Possible Solution by FakeIgboJew: 1:42pm On Oct 21, 2022
OfficialAPCNig:
Peter Obi is already looking at that direction, but instead of building pipeline, we can build bigger dam to contain the excess water released form the Cameroonian dam.

My vote is for Peter Obi

I suggest turning the yeast to an artificial lake to take all that excess water.

Nothing of value will be lost if we turn the yeast to a lake.
Re: Nigerian Floods, My Take And A Possible Solution by FakeIgboJew: 1:43pm On Oct 21, 2022
OfficialAPCNig:

My vote is for Peter Obi

Talk am.

Same bastards that brought the calamity buhari to power are rooting for Pinocchio Obi
Re: Nigerian Floods, My Take And A Possible Solution by Coldie(m): 2:15pm On Oct 21, 2022
FakeIgboJew:

You can't even use a map properly and see that as you move from the Benue trough up north towards chad you encounter high ground.

How do you intend piping water up hill ?

Ode
But hills or not u and I know there are ways to circumvent it. When they wanted to build oil and gas pipeline even with these ways became available but now it’s something that won’t just benefit the rich but the poor u are saying it won’t be possible?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Floods, My Take And A Possible Solution by Coldie(m): 2:18pm On Oct 21, 2022
OfficialAPCNig:

My vote is for Peter Obi
Yes I know but I want us to help the north east, the ideas Buhari could bring up involved other countries, but this plan is something Nigeria can do.

Peter obi can do it, but I am putting this out to everyone cause I want the north to be what it’s sitting be and even more.

I want a situation where as time goes on Nigeria would rise so much that we can look for ways to irrigate farms in Niger republic
Re: Nigerian Floods, My Take And A Possible Solution by Coldie(m): 2:18pm On Oct 21, 2022
FakeIgboJew:

Talk am.

Same bastards that brought the calamity buhari to power are rooting for Pinocchio Obi
Guy for real stop insulting Buhari, by doing this as an obi supporter u are undoing obi himself
Re: Nigerian Floods, My Take And A Possible Solution by Coldie(m): 2:19pm On Oct 21, 2022
FakeIgboJew:

I suggest turning the yeast to an artificial lake to take all that excess water.

Nothing of value will be lost if we turn the yeast to a lake.
I agree with u on this, lake chad needs to be refilled
Re: Nigerian Floods, My Take And A Possible Solution by FakeIgboJew: 2:19pm On Oct 21, 2022
Coldie:

But hills or not u and I know there are ways to circumvent it. When they wanted to build oil and gas pipeline even with these ways became available but now it’s something that won’t just benefit the rich but the poor u are saying it won’t be possible?

To pipe that volume of water all the way to Chad basin going up hill will require three times the energy we generate .

Use brain.

Gravity pipes exist for a reason .

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Floods, My Take And A Possible Solution by FakeIgboJew: 2:20pm On Oct 21, 2022
Coldie:

I agree with u on this, lake chad needs to be refilled

I said the yeast !
Re: Nigerian Floods, My Take And A Possible Solution by Coldie(m): 2:21pm On Oct 21, 2022
OfficialAPCNig:

My vote is for Peter Obi
No matter the bigger dam we build the waters must be released at some point in time
Re: Nigerian Floods, My Take And A Possible Solution by FakeIgboJew: 2:21pm On Oct 21, 2022
Coldie:

Guy for real stop insulting Buhari, by doing this as an obi supporter u are undoing obi himself

Are you this daft?

Do I look like a Zombidient ipob member to you?
Re: Nigerian Floods, My Take And A Possible Solution by Coldie(m): 2:28pm On Oct 21, 2022
FakeIgboJew:

To pipe that volume of water all the way to Chad basin going up hill will require three times the energy we generate .

Use brain.

Gravity pipes exist for a reason .

Guy u lie. It’s not possible for it to take 3 times the energy we generate. U really underestimate Nigeria bro.

If oil can be transported twice the distance from the Niger delta all the way to kaduna and Kano without 3 times the energy, then what is water?

Bro we are not fighting but I want us to see the best as Nigerians and look at the big picture.

Former lake chad is been turned into grassland based on the shrinking, we need to do this. For u and Apc supporter to be saying this that means u guys don’t have the people from that region in mind, but we over here in Peter obis camp have them in mind

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Floods, My Take And A Possible Solution by Coldie(m): 2:28pm On Oct 21, 2022
FakeIgboJew:

Are you this daft?

Do I look like a Zombidient ipob member to you?

U can never, no be talk na real capping
Re: Nigerian Floods, My Take And A Possible Solution by Coldie(m): 2:29pm On Oct 21, 2022
FakeIgboJew:

I said the yeast !
Ok thank u
Re: Nigerian Floods, My Take And A Possible Solution by Goke7: 2:33pm On Oct 21, 2022
I think there's a plan to channel water from a river in central African Republic known as Chana River if am not mistaken to lake Chad by the African development bank. Whether it had started am not sure.

But this is a great idea, the feasibility is what we don't know.

Need to correct myself the rver name is chari river a tributary I think of ubangi River in Central Africa Republic. Its a proposal by the Lake Chad basin commission and as at 2008 they were looking for bid proposals for the project.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Floods, My Take And A Possible Solution by FakeIgboJew: 2:34pm On Oct 21, 2022
Coldie:

Guy u lie. It’s not possible for it to take 3 times the energy we generate. U really underestimate Nigeria bro.

If oil can be transported twice the distance from the Niger delta all the way to kaduna and Kano without 3 times the energy, then what is water?

Bro we are not fighting but I want us to see the best as Nigerians and look at the big picture.

Former lake chad is been turned into grassland based on the shrinking, we need to do this. For u and Apc supporter to be saying this that means u guys don’t have the people from that region in mind, but we over here in Peter obis camp have them in mind

Oil is 3 tines less dense than water you pleb.

What are they teaching you idiots in schools sef?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Floods, My Take And A Possible Solution by Coldie(m): 2:37pm On Oct 21, 2022
FakeIgboJew:

Oil is 3 tines less dense than water you pleb.

What are they teaching you idiots in schools sef?
For someone to answe fakeigbojew I forgot I was responding to a tribalist. Sorry bro

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Floods, My Take And A Possible Solution by Coldie(m): 2:38pm On Oct 21, 2022
Goke7:
I think there's a plan to channel water from a river in central African Republic known as Chana River if am not mistaken to lake Chad by the African development bank. Whether it had started am not sure.

But this is a great idea, the feasibility is what we don't know.
Governments from those countries are no serious about it and we over here have no control over them or their borders but since this is Within Nigeria, we can do it

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Floods, My Take And A Possible Solution by FakeIgboJew: 2:40pm On Oct 21, 2022
Coldie:

For someone to answe fakeigbojew I forgot I was responding to a tribalist. Sorry bro

FCK off
Re: Nigerian Floods, My Take And A Possible Solution by Coldie(m): 2:43pm On Oct 21, 2022
FakeIgboJew:

FCK off
Like I said before sorry bro. It hurts to be you, to wake up in the morning, with so much hate in ur heart, it hurts to be u

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Floods, My Take And A Possible Solution by FakeIgboJew: 2:44pm On Oct 21, 2022
Coldie:

Like I said before sorry bro. It hurts to be you, to wake up in the morning, with so much hate in ur heart, it hurts to be u

Not your problem and I look forward to your future mass culling.
Re: Nigerian Floods, My Take And A Possible Solution by Goke7: 2:45pm On Oct 21, 2022
Coldie:

Governments from those countries are no serious about it and we over here have no control over them or their borders but since this is Within Nigeria, we can do it

The problem is Africans are not too scientific enough to solve problems.

There's a beautiful story of how a dried up sea known as aral sea in khazanstan by the world Bank was revitalised in just like 10 years by building a dam to conserve the sea. Its documented but our leaders here don't read to learn solutions to ecological problems. I just tire

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Floods, My Take And A Possible Solution by Coldie(m): 2:58pm On Oct 21, 2022
Goke7:

There's a beautiful story of how a dried up sea known as aral sea in khazanstan by the world Bank was revitalised in just like 10 years by building a dam to conserve the sea. Its documented but our leaders here don't read to learn solutions to ecological problems. I just tire
I am one of those Africans or Nigerians who don’t believe in juju or black magic, in my place where I come from they said they don’t put duck or turkey under basket if not it would turn into a python. I tried to prove them wrong, my analysis was that a python came from the bush and ate the snake then based on the weight of the bird it stayed to rest, this is pure biological but it was been seen as a culture/tradition by them.

Anything can be changed

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Floods, My Take And A Possible Solution by Coldie(m): 2:59pm On Oct 21, 2022
Goke7:

This dam must happen as it creates more respect for Nigeria and we would have more control over it
Re: Nigerian Floods, My Take And A Possible Solution by Coldie(m): 3:00pm On Oct 21, 2022
FakeIgboJew:

Not your problem and I look forward to your future mass culling.
I know sooner or later u will delete ur account, we have seen guys like u before

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Floods, My Take And A Possible Solution by FakeIgboJew: 3:01pm On Oct 21, 2022
Coldie:

I know sooner or later u will delete ur account, we have seen guys like u before

Obi is not winning so rest

(1) (2) (Reply)

Asiwaju Is The Game Master / OPEC+ Must Go![NOPEC] - Oil-consuming Nations Must Form Their Own Anti-opec+ / Soludo: Yes, History Beckons... Onwuasoanya Fcc Jones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.