Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,703 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:51 PM

Give Me Your 2nd Mandate, Hon Lawal Garba Urges Adamawa Constituents - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Give Me Your 2nd Mandate, Hon Lawal Garba Urges Adamawa Constituents (157 Views)

Hon Lawal: Adamawa Former HoR Gets Electorates Endorsement For 2nd Mandate / Mallam Lawal Garba Dies In Auto Crash / 2019: Senator Nyako Urges Adamawa People Not To Waste Votes On APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Give Me Your 2nd Mandate, Hon Lawal Garba Urges Adamawa Constituents by TGNEWS(m): 3:24pm On Oct 21, 2022

....says he remains the best candidate to bring more development to the constituency

By Tom Garba,Yola

Competence, experience, and abilities are some of the key requisite knowledge a Lawmaker of the Federal Republic of Nigeria should garner to represent well in the national assembly.

An erstwhile Lawmaker who has represented the People of Yola North, Yola South, and Girei Federal Constituency of Adamawa State, Honourable Lawal Garba made a passionate call to his constituents to consider a candidate with the needed experience to represent them in 2023.

Lawal who is a Lawyer by profession from 2015 to 2019 was considered to give an excellent representation to the people of Adamawa under the All Progressives Congress (APC) and urged them not to collect money in exchange for better representation as the result has a far-reaching devastating effect.

Lawal is currently the Flag bearer of the New Nigeria people's party (NNPP) hoping to go back to the National Assembly as the ranking member said continuity in legislative duties is the key in stabilizing Democracy and bringing development, growth to constituents.

He enjoined them not to allow themselves to be fooled by money bags politicians who will but up their destinies, but they should interrogate and do a background check on them to ascertain their credibility to represent them.

While given a scorecard of his last four years of stewardship, Garba said he has a verifiable record of the people he facilitated jobs in FIRS, CBN, Customs, immigration, Printing and minting, police, Military, and many ministries, board, and parastatals of the federal government.

He however said his bills, laws, and resolutions in the national assembly stand out as one of the joy and peace he have whenever he remembers.

According to him one of the bills he revived on the establishment of police trust funds that was laying fallow for years and as a Chairman House committee on police affairs he made sure that the bill was passed to law and accented by Mr. President.

"I feel happy today that the bill will enable them to save money for intervention, for security purposes that will make them buy a lot of their equipment, to rehabilitate their barracks and built more is something that is making me happy because I did that in good fate.

" In my constituency, I was able to build about six health clinics and three computer centers that one of which will soon be commissioned at Army Barracks in Yola despite being out of the house, my ability and competence are giving me the credibility to still work for my people.

"Sir, I have done projects that touched the lives of many people, and I lobbied for employment for them. This gives me peace, at least I have done that to the best of my ability and if given the chance I can do more than that." Garba said

Barrister Garba who granted an interview to our correspondent in his Abuja residence emphasized that the foundation of lawmaking is on three things, which are the ability to sponsor bills, to sponsor motions (the process of lawmaking), representation, and do a lot of oversight functions-Check mating the executives.

And all these according to him connote a lawmaker having one on one with his constituents, sitting down with them to hear, know and listen to their needs, and convey them to the National Assembly for debate.

He stressed that the entire work of legislation is huge and needs someone with vast experience to go there and defend his people.

He called on the People of Girei, Yola North, and Yola South to see him as the best for the job because as a one time their representative, and a Lawyer by profession who bagged a Master's degree in law with his Ph.D. in view that will soon be ready, he assures them of an excellent job if they give him their mandate again in 2023.

"With my experience and my background I stand the best, I left it for our Constituents to put the imaginary scale to get the best among us , which I hope I should be favored over all the contestants." He said

He revealed that the 2023 general elections will be based and centered on who is in which party, it's not about the party it's about the candidate.

He called on his constituents to consider NNPP and vote for him because he has a record and a deal of good representation in the past with them.

He said his record in the past is what will make him win the election not because is in NNPP but because the people know that he represented well.

Re: Give Me Your 2nd Mandate, Hon Lawal Garba Urges Adamawa Constituents by Nobody: 3:30pm On Oct 21, 2022
Correct

(1) (Reply)

2023 Elections: Performance Appraisal Time For States And Their Governors – Oyo / Census 2023: Buhari’s Best Legacy For National Planning, Devt / 2023: Ikot-ekpene Senatorial District Reaffirms Support For Pdp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.