Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,791 members, 7,820,777 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:25 PM

FG Budgets ₦13.8bn For Obasanjo, Jonathan, IBB, Atiku, Others - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Budgets ₦13.8bn For Obasanjo, Jonathan, IBB, Atiku, Others (24843 Views)

FFK Blames Peter Obi & Obidients For Obasanjo's Disrespecting Of Yoruba Monarchs / Fred Nwabufo: Why The South-East Voted For Obasanjo Against Ojukwu In 2003 / Obasanjo, Jonathan, IBB, Abdulsalami Absent From Buhari’s 2nd Term Inauguration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Budgets ₦13.8bn For Obasanjo, Jonathan, IBB, Atiku, Others by OgunkeelAllMod: 9:26am On Oct 22, 2022
Lol.. Wetin remain again, jungle republic inhabitant una see una life lols
Re: FG Budgets ₦13.8bn For Obasanjo, Jonathan, IBB, Atiku, Others by descarado: 9:27am On Oct 22, 2022
Moh247:

Do you know how much Pandora Obeer has in his Offshore Account In British Virgin Islands

Obeer doesn't need Penson, he already used the destiny of Anambra
Tinubu as I know from the report has account offshore. Or is it not the same report again.

Before obi became what he is today, there was his dad. He just took over. The family has been swimming in millions for ages.
Peter obi used the destiny of anambra cheesy
Guy stop. This is a joke, right? We are discussing a state with more than average IQ. Come and live in anambra for 1 Yr. I can give you the key to my house and study anambra culture and tradition. Revisit your post.

A man who has 3 private jets is poor and need life pension?
Defending tinubu is very hard.
Re: FG Budgets ₦13.8bn For Obasanjo, Jonathan, IBB, Atiku, Others by Nobody: 9:27am On Oct 22, 2022
mrvitalis:

UNN needs just renovation ,and good landscaping to be world class ...

If I handle 24 billion for UNN no school in Africa would come close to it ...give that money to umiah and see what he would build in UNN

It's cost 80% less to do things in Nigeria compared to the US because if very low labour cost

Well, it needs more than landscaping...it needs facilites, equipment, modern hostels, and continous funding for keeping the place clean, among other things. And a means to keep on upgrading as needed (You won't be using a Windows 95 os laptop now, would you? as an analogy)

There is a reason why the high end research for things like HIV , Malaria, ebola, etc is done mostly abroad. Our unis don't have the finances to do such high end research.
Re: FG Budgets ₦13.8bn For Obasanjo, Jonathan, IBB, Atiku, Others by Moh247: 9:33am On Oct 22, 2022
descarado:

Tinubu as I know from the report has account offshore. Or is it not the same report again.

Before obi became what he is today, there was his dad. He just took over. The family has been swimming in millions for ages.
Peter obi used the destiny of anambra cheesy
Guy stop. This is a joke, right? We are discussing a state with more than average IQ. Come and live in anambra for 1 Yr. I can give you the key to my house and study anambra culture and tradition. Revisit your post.

A man who has 3 private jets is poor and need life pension?
Defending tinubu is very hard.

Oga Tinubu has no damn account offshore Jonathan and Adoke took him to court over that and he won...

He was never mentioned in the Panama papers but Obeer was revealed for his shady deals from Monaco to British Virgin Islands

Yes Obeer has a rich family just like. Tinubu, but investing Anambra State allocation in SABMiller brewery or Saving it in Fedelity bank is the height of fraud
Re: FG Budgets ₦13.8bn For Obasanjo, Jonathan, IBB, Atiku, Others by KingOfTheDamned: 9:34am On Oct 22, 2022
Moh247:

Oga Tinubu has no damn account offshore Jonathan and Adoke took him to court over that and he won...

He was never mentioned in the Panama papers but Obeer was revealed for his shady deals from Monaco to British Virgin Islands

Yes Obeer has a rich family just like. Tinubu, but investing Anambra State allocation in SABMiller brewery or Saving it in Fedelity bank is the height of fraud

Shut up Tinubu is the highest thief out of Nigeria after Abacha
Re: FG Budgets ₦13.8bn For Obasanjo, Jonathan, IBB, Atiku, Others by redirect(m): 9:39am On Oct 22, 2022
RICH GETTING RICHER
Re: FG Budgets ₦13.8bn For Obasanjo, Jonathan, IBB, Atiku, Others by Papaalpha79: 9:49am On Oct 22, 2022
This is very unaccepted from FG, scammer of the highest order.......
Re: FG Budgets ₦13.8bn For Obasanjo, Jonathan, IBB, Atiku, Others by seunayantokun(m): 9:50am On Oct 22, 2022
One key reason for borrowing.
Re: FG Budgets ₦13.8bn For Obasanjo, Jonathan, IBB, Atiku, Others by Voiceofthestree: 9:52am On Oct 22, 2022
ecolime:
You are being mischievous with your headline. The pension covers hundreds of people. I don't like these folks but hey, it's their entitlements, let's stop whipping up sentiments and be reasonable please.

A total of N13,805,814,220 has been proposed for the payment of pensions to former Presidents, Vice-Presidents, Heads of State, Chiefs of General Staff, retired heads of service, permanent secretaries, as well as retired heads of government agencies and parastatals in the 2023 fiscal year.

Are you normal at all?. Nah question oo no he insult 10b for how many people retirement for saving for 4 or 8years?. A teacher will work for 35years they will wait for another 20years to get pension they will die waiting. If 10b for few people who stolen billion working for their pocket for years then what’s the hope of a common man?. I know a Perm Sec during Obj regime if you enter this guy men men you go cry die if you are poor that in that house there is two store main store Nd small store nah warehouse o boy diz country is casted nah for corruption everybody deh chop is very hardly for yoi to get rich in Nigeria if you are not corrupt the system is Bleep Bruh
Re: FG Budgets ₦13.8bn For Obasanjo, Jonathan, IBB, Atiku, Others by dreams22: 9:55am On Oct 22, 2022
Ex Governors juicy and mouth watering pensions was started by Tinubu. He signed it into law just weeks before leaving office. And other states followed suite. He led the way in this very dangerous trend. Who knows what he would do if he gets to Aso Rock. God forbid BAT thing

https://dailypost.ng/2020/11/10/lagos-breakdown-of-ex-governors-pension-as-signed-by-tinubu/

Re: FG Budgets ₦13.8bn For Obasanjo, Jonathan, IBB, Atiku, Others by Georgejeez: 9:56am On Oct 22, 2022
These practices should be stopped at once , or don't they even care about the dying economy?
Re: FG Budgets ₦13.8bn For Obasanjo, Jonathan, IBB, Atiku, Others by Tochj(m): 9:56am On Oct 22, 2022
This is exactly what makes Obi different
He rejected any form of pensions from his state
People can't be hungry and Elites are eating from the government.

1 Like

Re: FG Budgets ₦13.8bn For Obasanjo, Jonathan, IBB, Atiku, Others by DaveHarry(m): 9:59am On Oct 22, 2022
If I'm to eat EBA everyday, it will be with BANGA soup; but with Egusi soup? No way!

Pension for looting.... life!
Re: FG Budgets ₦13.8bn For Obasanjo, Jonathan, IBB, Atiku, Others by mrblessed(m): 10:01am On Oct 22, 2022
And someone believes Nigeria will be developed one day. Please remind their duties for earn such immorally fat pay: oh, they made "sacrifices" for the nation, really?
Re: FG Budgets ₦13.8bn For Obasanjo, Jonathan, IBB, Atiku, Others by benjaminlawson(m): 10:05am On Oct 22, 2022
I hope these our senior citizens should sacrifice their big pension for the sake of unborn generation. After all, non of them is poor, God has bless them with wealth and health. Since they know that greater part of this money will be borrowed. God bless Nigeria.
Re: FG Budgets ₦13.8bn For Obasanjo, Jonathan, IBB, Atiku, Others by Spiritualizt: 10:09am On Oct 22, 2022
adenigga:

Source: https://punchng.com/2023-FG-budgets-N13.8bn-for-Obasanjo-Jonathan-IBB-Atiku-others
We need a new constitution sincerely, Money that's supposed to be invested in educational and societal development is now been allocated to past leaders that destroyed the country, and to think of it Buhari name is even mentioned on the list as one of the benefactors in the largesse smh all this shenanigans must stop.
Re: FG Budgets ₦13.8bn For Obasanjo, Jonathan, IBB, Atiku, Others by Lukuluku69(m): 10:19am On Oct 22, 2022
Righthussle:
I don't like reading articles like this that will spoil my day.

Nearly 190 Million Nigerians dey cry of hunger but less than one hundred Nigerians dey share billions for making the 190 million Nigerians hungry and poor.

What it means is that the 190 million of us are paying the very people that made us hungry , poor and jobless billions of naira for making us hungry and poor. No be JUJU BE THAT? !!

The funny thing is the 190m hungry Nigerians still see these money grabbing few as their Lords and Saviours. They defend them with everything they've got. That is the real Juju for me.

1 Like

Re: FG Budgets ₦13.8bn For Obasanjo, Jonathan, IBB, Atiku, Others by dfrost: 10:26am On Oct 22, 2022
Allison012:
And some civil servants are still fighting for their 10 naira pension. Whooping 13bn for how many people.

The civil servants were also part of problem. They are screaming now because they don't anyone listening to them cheesy

Life na turn by turn. If you no fix am, the ones coming won't fix it.
Re: FG Budgets ₦13.8bn For Obasanjo, Jonathan, IBB, Atiku, Others by samuel900(m): 10:27am On Oct 22, 2022
u no get sense.......Obi will even worsen the situation on ground.
herkeem:
That's why we need Peter Obi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTYY9Gdk53Q
Re: FG Budgets ₦13.8bn For Obasanjo, Jonathan, IBB, Atiku, Others by Nobody: 10:28am On Oct 22, 2022
Nigeria is a scam
Re: FG Budgets ₦13.8bn For Obasanjo, Jonathan, IBB, Atiku, Others by dfrost: 10:32am On Oct 22, 2022
Voiceofthestree:

. I know a Perm Sec during Obj regime if you enter this guy men men you go cry die if you are poor that in that house there is two store main store Nd small store nah warehouse o boy diz country is casted nah for corruption everybody deh chop is very hardly for yoi to get rich in Nigeria if you are not corrupt the system is Bleep Bruh

I don't talk outside where I'm from because fit stone me join. I disassociated a long time with some of my relatives because this act.

Corrupt and wicked fellows. One offered scholarship when I was in school. I rejected it. Told him thank you and walked away. At least he has one less person to boast of when talking their usual trash full of boasting.

I went to a known person in Greenfield (on the Island), with what I saw, I was even scared to take water from them. One truckload outside and constructed deep freezer at home the size of a 20 feet container, stocked with juice.

This life eeh... people are just lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: FG Budgets ₦13.8bn For Obasanjo, Jonathan, IBB, Atiku, Others by g4gerald: 10:33am On Oct 22, 2022
ecolime:
You are being mischievous with your headline. The pension covers hundreds of people. I don't like these folks but hey, it's their entitlements, let's stop whipping up sentiments and be reasonable please.

A total of N13,805,814,220 has been proposed for the payment of pensions to former Presidents, Vice-Presidents, Heads of State, Chiefs of General Staff, retired heads of service, permanent secretaries, as well as retired heads of government agencies and parastatals in the 2023 fiscal year.
Bros we're not saying they shud'nt pay them, but 13 billion is too much, some states don't even have half of dat amount, Nigeria spends too much money paying government officials, a senator in Nigeria earns close to 40 million monthly just for being a senator aside other allowances. If u read dat post well u will see where it is written dat Nigeria is owing a debt of over 30trillion and still planning to borrow another 8.4trillion without even having any plan to pay back. We're being too wasteful in dis country

1 Like

Re: FG Budgets ₦13.8bn For Obasanjo, Jonathan, IBB, Atiku, Others by herkeem: 10:35am On Oct 22, 2022
samuel900:
u no get sense.......Obi will even worsen the situation on ground.
Who will not worsen it then?
Re: FG Budgets ₦13.8bn For Obasanjo, Jonathan, IBB, Atiku, Others by QuikMedia: 10:35am On Oct 22, 2022
Sometimes I wonder Why common sense is not common.....it not a must to comment. Sometimes just hide in the foolish comment in shame.
Moh247:

Do you know how much Pandora Obeer has in his Offshore Account In British Virgin Islands

Obeer doesn't need Penson, he already used the destiny of Anambra
Re: FG Budgets ₦13.8bn For Obasanjo, Jonathan, IBB, Atiku, Others by Iamthoney(m): 10:35am On Oct 22, 2022
Why the Op they selective? Why we no see Abacha and Yar’adua name? Does it mean Gej go chop double payment sake of say he’s the only former vice and president on the list? Wey Abacha deputy they? Him no qualify to chop from this largesse?

Indirectly na we the masses they still pay these privilege people despite the hunger and starvation and suffering and trials and tribulations they put us through.

Nothing spoil sha, no matter how e hard reach for this corntree my next 50th generation no go beg for food or money cos me don secure their futures
Re: FG Budgets ₦13.8bn For Obasanjo, Jonathan, IBB, Atiku, Others by nedekid: 10:43am On Oct 22, 2022
Righthussle:
I don't like reading articles like this that will spoil my day.

Nearly 190 Million Nigerians dey cry of hunger but less than one hundred Nigerians dey share billions for making the 190 million Nigerians hungry and poor.

What it means is that the 190 million of us are paying the very people that made us hungry , poor and jobless billions of naira for making us hungry and poor. No be JUJU BE THAT? !!
My brother, na juju be that oh.
Guess who made it mandatory for ex governors to receive pensions for life, despite having plundered state resources?
Re: FG Budgets ₦13.8bn For Obasanjo, Jonathan, IBB, Atiku, Others by onyenna85000: 10:48am On Oct 22, 2022
This is tinubus handwork .this has been put in place should he enter the presidential seat. He did it inlagos and is still receiving pension.buhari has set the ball rolling. Emilokan should not enter there ooo our nations financial coffers is in trouble oooo
Re: FG Budgets ₦13.8bn For Obasanjo, Jonathan, IBB, Atiku, Others by EverGrand: 10:48am On Oct 22, 2022
Moh247:

Nigeria needs to cut down our excesses, Obama's severance package from American Government doesn't exceed $200,000 anually

How people sit down and lie at will is strange to behold.
Re: FG Budgets ₦13.8bn For Obasanjo, Jonathan, IBB, Atiku, Others by EverGrand: 10:51am On Oct 22, 2022
onyenna85000:
This is tinubus handwork .this has been put in place should he enter the presidential seat. He did it inlagos and is still receiving pension.buhari has set the ball rolling. Emilokan should not enter there ooo our nations financial coffers is in trouble oooo

It appears you eat and dream Tinubu everyday.
If youre a Christian won't it be better you meditate on God's word than hop around with a Tinubu-lised thought process.

Do better.
Re: FG Budgets ₦13.8bn For Obasanjo, Jonathan, IBB, Atiku, Others by NwekereNdoki: 10:51am On Oct 22, 2022
Kasssandra:

13.8 billion cannot reposition university...especially if the university is as large as UNN, ABU or UI. That's ust approx 31m dollars. Meanwhile Harvard spends something like 6 billion dollars per annum.

Enginering labs...need more than 13.8 billion...if they are doing high end R and D.

Hospital? Tertiary style...60 m dollars...twice the 13.8 billion.

Oga make una dey get shame for once.

are u okay?

13.8 Billion can do alot in education and health.

That money can build 6 standard cottage hospitals in all regions

That money can build access in some communities

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sir Friday Nwosu Dies At 63 / Chukwuemeka Chike John Okafor Celebrates 10th Birthday At The National Assembly / Two Chadian Army Helicopters Bomb Boko Haram Locations In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.