Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,045 members, 7,821,592 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:26 PM

IBB Fires OBJ Again! - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IBB Fires OBJ Again! (9679 Views)

Obj Again / Obj Again O / Ibb Takes Aim At Obj Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IBB Fires OBJ Again! by kufreabasi(m): 10:25am On Aug 19, 2011
Is this what we are looking for in Nigeria. Well let's give them chances to express their griviances, they will talk on the most important secret deal they did that must has put this country the state it is now.

OBJ vs IBB, continue for nigerian are listening
Re: IBB Fires OBJ Again! by Funkymallam(m): 10:26am On Aug 19, 2011
Bigger fool?
Pls continue, we are listening,
Elder statemen abi na older stealing clowns?
D biggining of d end of the deadly clowns,
Re: IBB Fires OBJ Again! by edicolove: 10:37am On Aug 19, 2011
Honestly, though, i can understand IBB's anger. IBB has only had one thing going for him. that is the ability to look unpredictable and mysterious. OBJ has demystified him and he is not happy at all and will not forgive OBJ for that. I have always said that, like him or hate him, OBj is the most powerful man in Nigeria. IBB has just proven me right. A powerful man does not talk much, that is why you saw OBJ's answer was brief and sharp. IBB's response is once again very verbous. Like a man trying to explain himself and I think it is a sign of weakness. I think the yorubas who are fighting OBJ are not wise. they should have found a way to use him to their advantage. The Niger Delta region is turning out to be the biggest beneficiary of his influence and it will really show in a few years time from now.
Re: IBB Fires OBJ Again! by JJrawling: 10:41am On Aug 19, 2011
I can still remember that sweet song we use to sing in primary sch then in the 80s.Now this is the remix!, There are two black fools ruining Nigeria,One name IBB,one name OBJ,die away IBB,die away,OBJ,Oh! come refund all our stolen money, you tow big fools,
OBJ and IBB,die,die,die,dieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Re: IBB Fires OBJ Again! by aibee01(m): 10:59am On Aug 19, 2011
Guyz diz a criouz mata,
Re: IBB Fires OBJ Again! by edicolove: 11:01am On Aug 19, 2011
If you think the death of these two will change Nigeria then you must be as clueless as them. Have you seen the so called new generation coming behind them? Only God will help us. as bad as these guys are, I still give them credit for stabilizing the country. Most of our middle age leaders are very daft and clueless.
Re: IBB Fires OBJ Again! by djustice: 11:04am On Aug 19, 2011
edicolove:

Honestly, though, i can understand IBB's anger. IBB has only had one thing going for him. that is the ability to look unpredictable and mysterious. OBJ has demystified him and he is not happy at all and will not forgive OBJ for that. I have always said that, like him or hate him, OBj is the most powerful man in Nigeria. IBB has just proven me right. A powerful man does not talk much, that is why you saw OBJ's answer was brief and sharp. IBB's response is once again very verbous. Like a man trying to explain himself and I think it is a sign of weakness. I think the yorubas who are fighting OBJ are not wise. they should have found a way to use him to their advantage. The Niger Delta region is turning out to be the biggest beneficiary of his influence and it will really show in a few years time from now.

Their stupidity is mind-boggling. The man had effectively handed Nigeria back to the South on a plate by the time he was leaving in 2007. Yes, Yar'Adua did a lot to reverse the gains, but he had collaborators like Bode George and all the Obasanjo enemies to help him identify how to do it successfully. It's a shame that that generation of Yoruba leaders lacked the insight, foresight and wisdom to use Obasanjo's 8 years to the maximum. Nigeria would be more successful now, if they had.

When they're Obasanjo's enemies, watch them closely. It's usually because he has prevented them from executing some selfish agenda; either to steal our public funds, or to take undue advantage of their positions, or to return to the helm of power, having desecrated it in the past.
Re: IBB Fires OBJ Again! by Nobody: 11:08am On Aug 19, 2011
i think ibb should have raised the issue of obj's incest with gbenga's wife in his reply! Did he forget/
Re: IBB Fires OBJ Again! by Nobody: 11:12am On Aug 19, 2011
OBJ is better and always better than ibb. Indeed a fool(ibb) @ 70 is a fool for life.
Re: IBB Fires OBJ Again! by rahouf1: 11:13am On Aug 19, 2011
OBJ GO SLEEP IBB GO SNEEZE
both of you damaged this country walahi angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: IBB Fires OBJ Again! by cold(m): 11:20am On Aug 19, 2011
I think they're both going senile. But if caught between two fools (two evils) I'd take the lesser fool (IBB).It is hard to hate on a man who built the 3rd mainland bridge if you work or live in Lagos
Re: IBB Fires OBJ Again! by haboosa(m): 11:24am On Aug 19, 2011
i no blame the two bleeping thwarts , na the naija populace i am blaming u may ask me why. . . . unless we are ready to thread the path of Ghana's JJ Rawlings we have a very slim chance of Progressing. let us just arrange the following people IBB, OBJ, Atiku, Bode George, Adamu Ciroma, EDwin Clarke, tony Anenih and their likes and take the following steps on them
1. gather them in a house and detonate the house with a very powerful TNT(tri-nitro-toluene) Explosive
2.arrange all of them in plane and detonate it with TNT or let the plane take a dive in the middle of the Atlantic ocean
3. gather them in a ship and let the ship just sink them in the middle of the Altantic ocean
4. arrange rat killer and serve them each in a buffet  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
after this i think Naija will take one step of progress wink wink wink
Re: IBB Fires OBJ Again! by folahann(m): 11:27am On Aug 19, 2011
Let these old fools men just shut the hell up.
just look at what former leaders of a country up to.

when they are doing this, what do you expect the younger generation to do.
Re: IBB Fires OBJ Again! by 3kay945(m): 11:27am On Aug 19, 2011
pls let them continue oooo grin grin
Re: IBB Fires OBJ Again! by NegroNtns(m): 11:37am On Aug 19, 2011
<quote>

cold:
I think they're both going senile. But if caught between two fools (two evils) I'd take the lesser fool (IBB).It is hard to hate on a man who built the 3rd mainland bridge if you work or live in Lagos

</quote>

IBB did not build 3rd mainland. The bridge was constructed in phases through three administrations. It was completed in his administration.
Re: IBB Fires OBJ Again! by passyjango(m): 11:48am On Aug 19, 2011
IBB is a great guy, one of the best leaders this country has had democracy or military rule (unfortunately). Some claim he invented corruption, but as far back as the 1960s there was uncontrollable corruption in this country, which led to the first military intervention. Even if he invented corruption, why have we who are angels not stopped or reduced it? Or cant an invention be destroyed.

Some call him a fool. If IBB is a fool, then we all are irredeemable fools, because it is only a country of irredeemable fools that will be stolen blind by a fool. Someone even claimed that he invented assassinations in Nigeria, when we all know (or at least the intelligent ones) that assassinations are as old as this country. At least men like Ironsi, Balewa were all assassinated in the 60s many years before IBB became president.

I know you hate IBB (even though most you do not know why, and hence making so much effort to justify your hatred), but you should know that there are a few intelligent people reading your post. So, you should make more effort not to insult their intelligence.

No wonder IBB is still walking free, despite all you haters accuse him of doing. To nail a great man like IBB, you need evidence and facts, not cock and bull story. If you want to nail IBB, you have to rise above your hate and emotions, do a thorough job and build evidence that is reasonable.
Re: IBB Fires OBJ Again! by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 12:00pm On Aug 19, 2011
@edicolove [/b]please fell free to add more but please only add reasonable points not silly ones or unproven ones. please dont add wild claims too. thank you.I am sorry, i tried so hard but couldnt find any achievement for IBB. maybe someone can help. The man cannot be that bad, can he?

You are right IBB has little to nothing in achievements but let us look at OBJ really.

OBJ

Achievements:
1. [b]Helped unite and stabilize Nigeria - twice
Please do not insult clear-minded Nigerians -be specific, all he did was accelerate the creation of violent religious groups and kidnapping syndrome as well as the tempered understanding between the political north and south. stop being intransigent  angry  
15/5/1999 Obasanjo Civilian Regime - Struggle for Local Government Headquarter in Niger Delta. 200 people died.
18/7/1999   Obasanjo Civilian Regime - Clashes between Hausa and Yoruba over traditional rites in Shagamu. 60 people were killed.
22/7/1999   Obasanjo Civilian Regime - Clashes between Hausa and Yoruba, retaliation to Shagamu’s conflict in Kano. 70 people were killed.
5/8/1999     Obasanjo Civilian Regime - Clashes between Ijaw & Ilaje over oil rich land in Niger Delta.
11/8/1999   Obasanjo Civilian Regime - Conflicts between Kutebs and Chambas (causes unknown) in Taraba state. 200 people were killed.
9/9/1999 Obasanjo Civilian Regime - Conflict between the Yoruba separatist and the Oduas People Congress in Lagos. 16 people were killed.
4/10/1999   Obasanjo Civilian Regime - Fight over the control of land near Nigeria’s biggest oil Refinery at Port Harcourt between Okrikas & Elemes. 30 people were killed.
21/11/1999 Obasanjo Civilian Regime - Ijaw Youth were accused to have killed 12 Policemen in Niger Delta. The retaliation of the Federal government to the above accusation by the Military led to the death of 60 Civilians.
25/11/1999 Obasanjo Civilian Regime - Riot between Yoruba and Hausa over the control of a market in Lagos. 100 people died.
21/2/2000   Obasanjo Civilian Regime - Fight between Muslim and Christians in Kaduna. 100 people died.
20/5/2000   Obasanjo Civilian - Fight between Muslim and Christian in Kaduna. 100 people died.
27/5/2000   Obasanjo Civilian - Crisis between the Urhobo and Itsekiri near the oil rich town of Warri in Niger Delta.
21/6/2000  Obasanjo Civilian - Proclamation of Sharia law in Kano.
25/6/2000   Obasanjo Civilian - Fight between Tiv and Hausa speaking ethnic group in Nasarawa.
15/10/2000 Obasanjo Civilian - Four days fight between OPC and Hausa Fulani in Lagos. 100 people died.
18/10/2000 Obasanjo Civilian - Three days fight between OPC and Muslim Hausa Fulani in Lagos. 100 people died.
26/11/2000 Obasanjo Civilian - Implementation of Sharia Laws in Kano.
7/8/2001     Obasanjo Civilian - Conflicts between Muslims and Christians in Jos 165 died while 900 were injured.
12-23/10/2001 Obasanjo Civilian Regime - Communal fights between the Tiv and Jukun. The Military intervention led to the death of 19 Soldiers and 200 Civilians.
25/10/2001 Obasanjo Civilian - Clash between Itsekiri and Uhrobo in Niger Delta. 5 people were killed Regime.
11/2001 Obasanjo Civilian Regime - Relocation of Sanga Local Government Headquarter in Kaduna State. 10 people were killed.
4/5/2002 Obasanjo    Political parties crisis in Jos ( PDP)
13/10/2001 Obasanjo Civilian Regime - Violent riots in Kano against USA led air strikes on Afghanistan 8 People were killed and 5 Churches burnt.
11/2001 Obasanjo Civilian Regime - Another Ethnic crisis between Junkun/ Chamba Settlement in Taraba State. 50 people were killed.
4/2002 Obasanjo Civilian Regime - Conflict between Olusola Saraki’s faction versus Governor Lawal’s faction at Ilorin the Headquarters of Kwara state. One killed and property worth millions of Naira were destroyed.
2/2002 Obasanjo Civilian - Ethnic Conflicts btw Hausa and Yoruba in Lagos.
15/10/2002 Obasanjo Civilian - Ethnic crisis in Jos, the headquarter of Plateau state .16 people killed.
2002 In 2002, organizers of the Miss World Pageant were forced to move the pageant from the Nigerian capital, Abuja, to London in the wake of violent protests in the Northern part of the country that left more than 100 people dead and over 500 injured.The rioting erupted after Muslims in the country reacted in anger to comments made by a newspaper reporter. Rioters in Kaduna killed an estimated 105 men, women, and children with a further 521 injured taken to hospital.
2003-2004 Saw the rise in armed military groups in the Niger-Delta region Niger Delta People's Volunteer Force (NDPVF) led by Mujahid Dokubo-Asari and the Niger Delta Vigilante (NDV) led by Ateke Tom mounted a series of violent and destabilizing assault that affected the Nigerian Oil economy as well as catalyze other non-violent groups into boldness. At the height of the violence, 40 percent of Nigeria's oil production was closed down, illegal bunkering was at a peak.
at this point i feel it is needless to continue because we know of OBJ's 3rd term plan and how Okonjo was scuttled out of office and the billions in USD spent to try tp make that dream a reality.

2.  Allowed the private sector to grow - e.g. banned a lot of foreign importationand did little to reduce levies and duties on importation of raw materials needed for these industries to flourish nor do anything on Power which is critical to their survival, where is Dunlop now, where is Peugeot Factories do you know how many private sector businesses have folded-up or relocated during OBJ's regime, please expand your insight to include every aspect of private sector development
3. Telecommunication revolution during his time - like you mentioned DURING HIS TIME The private-sector and under-hand bribes Capitalism made this possible not OBJ. please understand the economics of telecoms development. why is NITEL still waiting for a bail-out in 2011
4. Encouraged local industries development - please mention some examples and do not be as coy as to call Ajaokuta Steel. please
5. Started 11 power projects across the country - You do not mention the $16 billion phantom power project i.e  Two Trillion, Four Hundred Billion Naira!!! do you know that this figure is more than half of 2011 Federal Budget of Nigeria!! Not one PHCN Pole was found as an asset to tie to $16 billion.
6. Cleared Nigeria's foreign debt to zero. this is like praising the king for the work of his slaves - Minister Okonjo Iweala arranged the cancellation of US$18 billion of Nigeria's debt to the Paris Club, a group of creditor nations, in 2005. The remaining $12bn. of debt was paid the following year with money saved in budget reforms she enacted. before OBJ left our debt profile had risen to $9.2 billion, DMO says it now stands at $37bn
7. Instituted the EFCC and started the anti corruption campaign - is it the same EFCC that refused to probe a single COJA contract awarded to two different companies PAID in FULL N30 billion to NTA and another vendor which was never executed. How ever did you miss this among the numerous scams OBJ perpetrated
8. Appointed some capable ministers and allowed them to work - some were very poor too -I will ignore this. i see you have run out of ideas at this point
9. Handed over to a civilian democratic government twice and ensured continuity in democracy -Valid but weak
10. Encouraged the banking industry revolution - the same industry that collapsed due to his inability to encourage the institution of global banking standards
11. Balanced the power between the North and South - Please be specific. we are not children
12. Ensured equitable distribution of government personnel across the geo political zones and addressed maginalization -yea right like NNPC (Northern Nigerian Petroleum Company)
13. Balanced the Nigerian military and for the first time since the civil war, Niger Deltans and Ibos could get to powerful positions in the military - Can you say why the Infantry is mostly dominated by the Northerners , your sharp eye no reach there abi
14. Created a situation where a minority became the president of Nigeria - please GEJ is just a puppet as we have previously known and recently realized  grin
Re: IBB Fires OBJ Again! by Beaf1: 12:07pm On Aug 19, 2011
@ Passyjango

^^^ yeah right! how much did he pay you to come here and spew this rubbish?

You try sha but you need to try more.
cheesy
Re: IBB Fires OBJ Again! by member479760: 12:11pm On Aug 19, 2011
their annoyance is that they believes baba played them 419.
Re: IBB Fires OBJ Again! by seunlayi(m): 12:13pm On Aug 19, 2011
gba - gboa - ka - paww  THE BATTLE IS ON
Re: IBB Fires OBJ Again! by Nobody: 12:24pm On Aug 19, 2011
Dont be surprised that these two are putting on an act for all our sakes.
Re: IBB Fires OBJ Again! by marvel4ben: 12:26pm On Aug 19, 2011
Lets call a spade a spade , OBJ is far better than IBB, nigeria became worst during IBB era as president, OBJ was head of state in late 70swhen he came back in late 90s things has gone worst, do you expext him to resolve the problem of 20years within the short time he spent as a president?im not saying he is a saint or aperfect man, but i think when leaders are talking,IBB needs not to talk because he caused most of the problem OBJ want to solve and he cant solve completely untill his exit from office, it s not easy to loose a rope you do not tie, that is the problem of OBJ, while he can can not solve Nigeriaa problem absolutely when he was a president, where is Shehu shagari?where is Buhari?where is IBB?wher is abacha?where is abdusalam?, while blaming the man, abeg i dont want to be tribalistic, but,this northern men self , are the problem of Nigeria and they will xome out and claim to be a saint, IBB should go and burry his head in a gutter.
Re: IBB Fires OBJ Again! by Sarahluv(f): 12:28pm On Aug 19, 2011
Obasanjo (military) ruled before IBB and achieved more than in few years than IBB achieved in 8 years.

Obansanjo (civilian) ruled for 8 years and totally eclipsed IBB's achievements in 8 years. IBB's excuse? Oil earned more during OBJ civilian rule than it did during mine. OK now,

Let us now compare the Government that has been in place since OBJ left in 2007 since oil prices within the two periods are similar.

2007-2011 - very little achievements compared to OBJ's 8 years.

OBJ clearly beats IBB in all good ramifications. No excuses.
Re: IBB Fires OBJ Again! by BigMeat2: 12:30pm On Aug 19, 2011
A night of thousand laughs on these ex - general fools.
Re: IBB Fires OBJ Again! by Dede1(m): 12:36pm On Aug 19, 2011
Partially, Nigeria deserved OBJ and IBB.
Re: IBB Fires OBJ Again! by cold(m): 12:47pm On Aug 19, 2011
Sarahluv:

Obasanjo (military) ruled before IBB and achieved more than in few years than IBB achieved in 8 years.

Obansanjo (civilian) ruled for 8 years and totally eclipsed IBB's achievements in 8 years. IBB's excuse? Oil earned more during OBJ civilian rule than it did during mine. OK now,

Let us now compare the Government that has been in place since OBJ left in 2007 since oil prices within the two periods are similar.

2007-2011 - very little achievements compared to OBJ's 8 years.

OBJ clearly beats IBB in all good ramifications. No excuses.
And you say this because. . .?Stop making claims you can't substantiate.What did Obj do in his entire eight years in office that in your words 'eclipsed' IBB's?
Re: IBB Fires OBJ Again! by Nobody: 1:02pm On Aug 19, 2011
God has answered the prayer of innocent Nigerian @ last. This is just the begining.
Re: IBB Fires OBJ Again! by aieromon(m): 1:13pm On Aug 19, 2011
Old men washing their dead linen in public.What would their children do?
Re: IBB Fires OBJ Again! by eghost247(m): 1:15pm On Aug 19, 2011
aieromon:

Old men washing their dead linen in public.What would their children do?
hahaha
Re: IBB Fires OBJ Again! by sley4life(m): 1:19pm On Aug 19, 2011
both are criminals
Re: IBB Fires OBJ Again! by Effiko(m): 1:28pm On Aug 19, 2011
. . .wen wind blow , fowl yansh go open . . . . . . . . im so loving dese #atm . . . . . yea nd i luv de punchlines too . . . dey re HARD ones . . . .see old men dey bring each other out . . . . . O.B.J what do you have to say about these . . . . {should i say allegations} ? ?
Re: IBB Fires OBJ Again! by Sarahluv(f): 1:43pm On Aug 19, 2011
cold:

And you say this because. . .?Stop making claims you can't substantiate.What did Obj do in his entire eight years in office that in your words 'eclipsed' IBB's?

It was so bad during IBB's era that Nigeria recorded the most significant riots caused by warped economic policies. Remember S.A.P.? SAP was a pre-condition for us to borrow more money, thereby further increasing our debt profile without any physical development to back it up.
OBJ on the other hand pursued a foreign policy that persuaded our foreign creditors to forgive our debts, hence freeing up funds for developmental purposes.

IBB administration had N.M.A. and A.S.U.U. always going on strike because the take home pay could not take their members home, whereas OBJ gave the sectors where u find these bodies, a living wage, such that lecturers and doctors felt appreciated within their Country.

IBB used our foreign exchange to run a scam. Remember the official exchange rates and parallel market? While officially, naira was N22, it was going for N50 - N80 at the black market. Those were the days when round-tripping was the way to get rich. OBJ on the other hand, maintained a fairly stable exchange rate throughout his eight years.

OBJ created hundreds of thousands of direct and indirect jobs by liberalizing the telecommunications market. Those before him could, but did not liberalize. Today we have Visafone, Zoom, Airtel, MTN, Glo, etc.

In terms of infrastructure, OBJ initiated several power plants in his first and second coming. IBB?

All IBB apologists list in terms of his achievements are that he created MAMSER, DFRRI, OMPADEC, bla, bla, bla.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Gencos Can’t Deliver 6000MW Target / LP Confirms Talks With Ogun APC Faction, May Give Amosun’s Candidate Guber Ticke / I Just Got An Alert Of 30,000 Naira From Federal Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.