Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,114 members, 7,811,134 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:56 AM

The Ancient Act 'akosejaiye' - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Ancient Act 'akosejaiye' (373 Views)

The Ooni Of Ife Wearing The Aare Crown As He Parades The Ancient Ife Town / History : Iduu-eri Kingdom Of The Ancient Igbo People-pics / The Ancient Paved Roads Of Ife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Ancient Act 'akosejaiye' by Odumoye(m): 7:49am On Oct 22, 2022
Akosejaiye in Yoruba land is a means of getting to know the destiny that a new born baby brought into the world. And this is done by consulting the ifa oracle which cannot be done in absentia i.e. the child in question whose Destiny is to be known must be present and as well as the parents, no third party is involved except for the ifa priest that would carry out the consultation. This means of getting to know the future of a child has worked for some and it never worked for some based on the fact that the evil ones in ones household can make use of it to truncate such a child's future as the destiny has being known.
Nevertheless, in this present dispensation, just very few still involve themselves in this practice going by the way religion has eaten deep in our lives.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Ancient Act 'akosejaiye' by Padipadi(m): 10:55am On Oct 22, 2022
I think it should be reinvented

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Kyèsone: French Artist Portrays Celebrities As Renaissance Paintings / Things I Like About Ghana �� And Ghanaians As A Nigerian �� / The Resurgence Of Mgbedike Masquerade: From Black Panther To Its Igbo Roots

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.