Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,148 members, 7,811,263 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:48 AM

You Are Given Only One Option, Which Are You Taking Home With You? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / You Are Given Only One Option, Which Are You Taking Home With You? (48771 Views)

How To Bake Soft & Fluffy Bread Rolls At Home With Your Pot (Photos & Video) / How To Make Soybean Milk At Home With Simple And Easy Steps / How Do You Feel When Not Given Food In An Occasion? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Are Given Only One Option, Which Are You Taking Home With You? by gloryhomemaker(f): 5:05pm On Oct 22, 2022
Happy weekend family,

These are my recent works and I want to check something. Giving only one option which of these delicacies are you okay to go home with?

Meanwhile, I have included the links below for those interested in replicating any of the recipes. They are easy to follow[b] Cook With Me[/b] steps.

Ogbono Soup
https://www.nairaland.com/7206686/how-cook-special-ogbono-soup

Egusi Soup
https://www.nairaland.com/7108228/way-make-rich-egusi-soup

Tomato Stew
https://www.nairaland.com/7124519/see-delicious-tomato-stew-grilled

Vegetable Soup
https://www.nairaland.com/7318669/how-cook-delicious-edikang-ikong-soup

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: You Are Given Only One Option, Which Are You Taking Home With You? by mariahAngel(f): 5:15pm On Oct 22, 2022
Fish stew! Fish stew!! Fish stew!!! grin

111 Likes 8 Shares

Re: You Are Given Only One Option, Which Are You Taking Home With You? by garriAndsugar: 5:22pm On Oct 22, 2022
Egusi soup anytime anyday twice on a Saturday

191 Likes 11 Shares

Re: You Are Given Only One Option, Which Are You Taking Home With You? by aycapri(m): 5:47pm On Oct 22, 2022
Na two eyes I get, give me egusi and ogbono

69 Likes 2 Shares

Re: You Are Given Only One Option, Which Are You Taking Home With You? by RepoMan007: 6:02pm On Oct 22, 2022
Egusi due its versatility. Pounded yam, rice, Semo, Garri, Fufu, Yam, and every swallow generally.
One thing I ask, empty all the stock from tomato and ogbono into the egusi to give it momentum.

71 Likes 8 Shares

Re: You Are Given Only One Option, Which Are You Taking Home With You? by pocohantas(f): 6:28pm On Oct 22, 2022
The oil wey dey that stew ehn, make greypencil no see this one o. E fit burgle your house.

I’ll go with the stew. kiss

20 Likes

Re: You Are Given Only One Option, Which Are You Taking Home With You? by Nobody: 9:25pm On Oct 22, 2022
I'm taking all except the egusi,stop me if you can tongue

14 Likes

Re: You Are Given Only One Option, Which Are You Taking Home With You? by MMempire(m): 12:00am On Oct 23, 2022
Shey you don start again? I never finish salivating on your last 30ltrs soups, you con dey post another one. I swear if I know where you dey live, I go be regular visitor. Me and your husband go be padis. Na to dey bring shayo for me and your husband to take dey calm the food, while you and your children will be presented with juice or yoghurt.

56 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Are Given Only One Option, Which Are You Taking Home With You? by gloryhomemaker(f): 12:57pm On Oct 23, 2022
mariahAngel:
Fish stew! Fish stew!! Fish stew!!! grin

Nne happy Sunday to you.
That fish was well grilled and has sucked up all the 'juices' of that stew grin
With hot rice here we go.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Are Given Only One Option, Which Are You Taking Home With You? by gloryhomemaker(f): 12:58pm On Oct 23, 2022
garriAndsugar:
Egusi soup anytime anyday twice on a Saturday

You and my people na same same cheesy

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Are Given Only One Option, Which Are You Taking Home With You? by OKOATA(m): 12:59pm On Oct 23, 2022
RepoMan007:
Egusi due its versatility. Pounded yam, rice, Semo, Garri, Fufu, Yam, and every swallow generally.
One thing I ask, empty all the stock from tomato and ogbono into the egusi to give it momentum.
Bros you don chop for buka tire cheesy. Even at home I eat egusi and ogbono together, infact if it's possible for me I can eat several vegetables at the same time. I so much love anything soup and vegetables, but the only soup I kinda detest is that white soup. lipsrsealed

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: You Are Given Only One Option, Which Are You Taking Home With You? by gloryhomemaker(f): 1:02pm On Oct 23, 2022
aycapri:
Na two eyes I get, give me egusi and ogbono

Two eyes but one option nah
Have you eaten Egusi and Ogbono cooked together?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Are Given Only One Option, Which Are You Taking Home With You? by gloryhomemaker(f): 1:05pm On Oct 23, 2022
RepoMan007:

Chaiii, na sweetness overload oooo

3 Likes

Re: You Are Given Only One Option, Which Are You Taking Home With You? by gloryhomemaker(f): 1:09pm On Oct 23, 2022
pocohantas:
The oil wey dey that stew ehn, make greypencil no see this one o. E fit burgle your house.

I’ll go with the stew. kiss

grin grin grin
Let me introduce this stew to our Oyel and pepper boyfriend.

Greypencils we hail thee cool

5 Likes

Re: You Are Given Only One Option, Which Are You Taking Home With You? by gloryhomemaker(f): 1:10pm On Oct 23, 2022
Antimarraige:
I'm taking all except the egusi,stop me if you can tongue

Different strokes for different people, many people I know will take only this Egusi.

Please take all, it's all yours.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Are Given Only One Option, Which Are You Taking Home With You? by gloryhomemaker(f): 1:13pm On Oct 23, 2022
MMempire:
Shey you don start again? I never finish salivating on your last 30ltrs soups, you con dey post another one. I swear if I know where you dey live, I go be regular visitor. Me and your husband go be padis. Na to dey bring shayo for me and your husband to take dey calm the food, while you and your children will be presented with juice or yoghurt.

No vex ooooo, man must wack no matter wetin dey happen cheesy

My husband no dey shayo, we will appreciate the juice and yoghurt wella.

5 Likes

Re: You Are Given Only One Option, Which Are You Taking Home With You? by gloryhomemaker(f): 1:13pm On Oct 23, 2022
OKOATA:
Bros you don chop for buka tire cheesy. Even at home I eat egusi and ogbono together, infact if it's possible for me I can eat several vegetables at the same time. I so much love anything soup and vegetables, but the only soup I kinda detest is that white soup. lipsrsealed

You detest white soup? You never chop correct one.

8 Likes

Re: You Are Given Only One Option, Which Are You Taking Home With You? by OKOATA(m): 1:21pm On Oct 23, 2022
gloryhomemaker:

You detest white soup? You never chop correct one.
Yeah maybe cos I ate in the village I served in Akwa Ibom, I think there wasn't enough ingredients, just periwinkles, pepper, and fish. It tasted awful. embarassed.
Re: You Are Given Only One Option, Which Are You Taking Home With You? by aycapri(m): 1:31pm On Oct 23, 2022
gloryhomemaker:

Two eyes but one option nah
Have you eaten Egusi and Ogbono cooked together?
yes oo, with Eba. they call it mixed soup

3 Likes

Re: You Are Given Only One Option, Which Are You Taking Home With You? by Hamzashaf99(f): 1:37pm On Oct 23, 2022
Gloryhomemaker...
Gloryhomemaker...
Gloryhomemaker...

You are looking for trouble.
How do you expect someone to leave that sumptuous looking egusi for that irresistible stew?

Or is it that inviting ogbono that you want us to leave for hot and tempting vegetable soup?

Which way now?

10 Likes

Re: You Are Given Only One Option, Which Are You Taking Home With You? by gloryhomemaker(f): 2:05pm On Oct 23, 2022
OKOATA:
Yeah maybe cos I ate in the village I served in Akwa Ibom, I think there wasn't enough ingredients, just periwinkles, pepper, and fish. It tasted awful. embarassed.

No no no, that's not our own white soup.
Abeg forgive white soup on their behalf grin

4 Likes

Re: You Are Given Only One Option, Which Are You Taking Home With You? by gloryhomemaker(f): 2:06pm On Oct 23, 2022
aycapri:
yes oo, with Eba. they call it mixed soup

Very correct soup.
Nigeria is blessed with many delicacies.

2 Likes

Re: You Are Given Only One Option, Which Are You Taking Home With You? by mariahAngel(f): 2:08pm On Oct 23, 2022
gloryhomemaker:

Nne happy Sunday to you.

That fish was well grilled and has sucked up all the 'juices' of that stew grin
With hot rice here we go.

Happy Sunday. smiley

That's a method I want to try.
Did you oil the fish before grilling, or you let them grill in their own oil?

2 Likes

Re: You Are Given Only One Option, Which Are You Taking Home With You? by gloryhomemaker(f): 2:10pm On Oct 23, 2022
Hamzashaf99:
Gloryhomemaker...
Gloryhomemaker...
Gloryhomemaker...

You are looking for trouble.
How do you expect someone to leave that sumptuous looking egusi for that irresistible stew?

Or is it that inviting ogbono that you want us to leave for hot and tempting vegetable soup?

Which way now?

Ma

Ma

Ma

grin grin grin

No vex nah no be only you, sometimes when I look at the pictures I get hungry too.

That's why I told MariahAngel I don't have any favourite food. Better food full everywhere.

Try arrange any of the above abeg and enjoy yourself.

3 Likes

Re: You Are Given Only One Option, Which Are You Taking Home With You? by Hamzashaf99(f): 2:15pm On Oct 23, 2022
gloryhomemaker:

Ma

Ma

Ma

grin grin grin

No vex nah no be only you, sometimes when I look at the pictures I get hungry too.

That's why I told MariahAngel I don't have any favourite food. Better food full everywhere.

Try arrange any of the above abeg and enjoy yourself.
Ehen, now you are talking.

Good job honestly. I envy your family. Imagine eating such everyday tongue

3 Likes

Re: You Are Given Only One Option, Which Are You Taking Home With You? by gloryhomemaker(f): 2:16pm On Oct 23, 2022
mariahAngel:

Happy Sunday. smiley

That's a method I want to try.
Did you oil the fish before grilling, or you let them grill in their own oil?

No oiling.
The fish releases oil.
I washed the fish and salted it a bit.
I left it in a sieve to drain out water, then I placed it in the oven. I turn it to the other side when the up is well dried.

If am using the oven tray instead of the grill, at some point I would have to pour out the water released from the fish so it wouldn't turn to fish cooking instead of grilling cheesy

2 Likes

Re: You Are Given Only One Option, Which Are You Taking Home With You? by OKOATA(m): 2:18pm On Oct 23, 2022
gloryhomemaker:

No no no, that's not our own white soup.
Abeg forgive white soup on their behalf grin
grin Ok mama.

1 Like

Re: You Are Given Only One Option, Which Are You Taking Home With You? by gloryhomemaker(f): 2:18pm On Oct 23, 2022
Hamzashaf99:

Ehen, now you are talking.

Good job honestly. I envy your family. Imagine eating such everyday tongue

Thank you, its a lot of work I have pledged to do for them.

2 Likes

Re: You Are Given Only One Option, Which Are You Taking Home With You? by mariahAngel(f): 2:35pm On Oct 23, 2022
gloryhomemaker:

No oiling.
The fish releases oil.
I washed the fish and salted it a bit.
I left it in a sieve to drain out water, then I placed it in the oven. I turn it to the other side when the up is well dried.

If am using the oven tray instead of the grill, at some point I would have to pour out the water released from the fish so it wouldn't turn to fish cooking instead of grilling cheesy

OK. Thank you. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: You Are Given Only One Option, Which Are You Taking Home With You? by MMempire(m): 3:25pm On Oct 23, 2022
gloryhomemaker:

No vex ooooo, man must wack no matter wetin dey happen cheesy

My husband no dey shayo, we will appreciate the juice and yoghurt wella.
OK o. I go come with enough juice and yoghurt.

1 Like

Re: You Are Given Only One Option, Which Are You Taking Home With You? by gloryhomemaker(f): 5:00pm On Oct 23, 2022
MMempire:

OK o. I go come with enough juice and yoghurt.

tongue

2 Likes

Re: You Are Given Only One Option, Which Are You Taking Home With You? by greypencils: 10:09pm On Oct 23, 2022
gloryhomemaker:

grin grin grin
Let me introduce this stew to our Oyel and pepper boyfriend.

Greypencils we hail thee cool
Na wa for you and pocohantas o, na oil I like I no kill person. BTW, That stew is following me home. I will make bland okro with plenty locust beans to go together with that stew for any swallow.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

See The N200 Watermelon I Bought In Calabar This Afternoon / Coca-Cola Nigeria Launches ‘mama’, The Affordable 1 litre Pet Bottle Of Coke / Photo Of Big Antelope Killed By A Hunter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.