Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,075 members, 7,811,015 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:46 PM

KEDA Vs GIG Logistics For Goods Delivery To Kano - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / KEDA Vs GIG Logistics For Goods Delivery To Kano (492 Views)

Coronavirus: Aliko Dangote Donates 600-Bed Isolation Centre To Kano (Pictures) / Beware Of Gig Logistics Houston / Goods Delivery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

KEDA Vs GIG Logistics For Goods Delivery To Kano by Nomanlando: 8:51pm On Oct 22, 2022
This post will be helpful to those transporting heavy goods (food processing equipment etc) from Lagos to Kano.
I have recently used two transport companies to transport my goods from Lagos to Kano, and these are: Kano Electrical Dealers Association (KEDA) and GIG logistics.
I used KEDA three times , and GIG logistics once.

KEDA
Pros
1. If you are lucky, this could be a cheaper means to transport your items. I will explain in the con what I mean by being lucky.

2. They are located in Ojo Lagos most likely close to where your goods vendors typically are, and therefore no extra charges for transport to parks will be incurred by you. They have another branch in Lagos at another address.

Cons.
1. They do not give the delivery cost at Lagos. They give it to you in Kano. So basically you are kept in suspense about what waybill cost would be. In this I have experienced their best and worst case scenario. I have transported, 2 out of the three times I used their service, about 60kg weighing item. In the first case I paid 3500 at Kano, and the second time I paid 24,500. I was told it was diesel cost that went up. The deliveries where two months apart and all are in the high-diesl price era
(1 in Jul and 1 in Sept). They basically calculate the cost per kg when they get to Kano. If you're given a high price, there is nothing you can do because your item is held captive. there is also demurrage (N1000 for each day) for each day immediately they call you.

2. The goods don't arrive in time. The shortest time I got for one of the deliveries is 10 days. The longest time (and the one I paid highest for ) was greater than 20 days.

3. Your goods could be manhandled during delivery. In one of the deliveries , I had purchased weighing balance. It arrived outside it's carton. I took home pieces of the wet carton and manual that survived.

4. You get a call to alert you your goods have arrived. If the rep calling wants you to pay demurrage, then you get only one call.

GIG

Pros

1. Your goods arrive on time, within the same week purchase was made typically.

2. You receive a tracking code, an SMS to tell you your have arrived.

3. You get to choose the location closest to you to pickup item.

4. Demurrage charges are only after 72h after arrival of your item and is at N100 per day.

5. There is a calculated amount to be paid known to you before dispatch.

Cons

1. You might have to pay higher charges as compared to the best case scenario for KEDA. But you will certainly pay lower to GIG in the worst KEDA case scenario.

If you are transporting to Kano, make sure to either get the KEDA transporter to put a price on the waybill or give your equipment/item vendor the condition that he/she would be transporting via GIG or other Luxurious buses transport services before purchasing the item.

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Which Business Do People Look Down On But Lucrative / Boost Your Online Presence: Top 10 Free Business Listing Websites In Nigeria / 2 days Training On How To Start Making Money Working As A China BuyingAgent.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.