Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,120 members, 7,814,930 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:58 PM

Where To Get Nigerian Stock Photos? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Where To Get Nigerian Stock Photos? (3945 Views)

Google's "Get Nigerian Businesses Online": Another Manoeuvre? / Google Launches "get Nigerian Businesses Online" - Gnbo / Professional Stock Photos, Where Can I Get Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where To Get Nigerian Stock Photos? by my2cents(m): 8:25pm On Aug 21, 2007
If there are any sites out there, please let me know. I need photos not only of places and things but of people as well. I don't want to b one of those who uses photos of oyibo people to advertise naija products cool cool

Thanks,
Re: Where To Get Nigerian Stock Photos? by smartsoft(m): 11:46pm On Aug 21, 2007
thats all my2cent, i use that site it's your keyword that matters. if you need black pics i downloaded from the site just let me know
Re: Where To Get Nigerian Stock Photos? by topetope(m): 12:02pm On Aug 22, 2007
gettyimages seems to be the best

@ smartsoft,
that image on your homepage is actually from getty.

Its the best for Designers but ur Keyword matters
Re: Where To Get Nigerian Stock Photos? by my2cents(m): 2:31pm On Aug 22, 2007
so that leads to my next question:

If, at least based on the responses so far, most of us use gettyimages and as tope has duly observed, smartsoft is using an obviously gettyimages photo, should I even use gettyimages? i would want my images to be as unique as possible. I certainly don't want people (especially my peers) looking at my work and saying, "oh yeah, that's from gettyimages" cool
Re: Where To Get Nigerian Stock Photos? by 1ofall(f): 2:47pm On Aug 22, 2007
istock also have some, again the keyword thing.
What about subtle modifications to the pic to make it unique? Otherwise as long as it's from an online library , someone is bound to recognize it sometime!
Re: Where To Get Nigerian Stock Photos? by my2cents(m): 3:05pm On Aug 22, 2007
1ofall,

very true. I use iStockPhoto a lot and some others. I guess my point is, it is okay if 1 or 2 use a resource. When you have, say, majority of the developers on nairaland using the same thing, then such a site to me becomes stale.
Re: Where To Get Nigerian Stock Photos? by ojchris(m): 4:22pm On Aug 22, 2007
ur point here is valid. a real distrubing issue at times. Basically I woulkd advice going to google and search using the Image category with a unique keyword. Often I find "African" followed by say music producer(if that's what u'r searching for) helpfull.

To get the actual image size u click on the image impressive to u to locate the actual site where the image reside.

I use this often as well as visit other existing related sites. This helps to avoid the STALEMATE.
Re: Where To Get Nigerian Stock Photos? by smartsoft(m): 12:16am On Aug 23, 2007
anybody can use any image it depends on your mindset if you think peeps will laugh at ya when you use it then don't think of going to the site and search for it. most times when i search through gettyimages i find new pics posted every blessed day that you can't think of anybody else using same pics

Alotta images has been used by designers it depends on what you are trying to express using the image.

@topetope how do you know the image was gettyimages,  i got alotta site i use for pics and that pics might not be from gettyimages.

A site that have seen that gives alotta black or nigerian pictures is www.gettyimages.com i was actually looking for a nigerian pics and the site gave it to me comparing it to this site www.corbis.com  corbis gives you nices white picture but they don't have black as much as you think they should do.

have said it my2cent i have 500pics 70% blacks if i'm right.  if you need i can forward it to you or better still i can help you out doing another research on your black pics, and forward them to you.

1 Like

Re: Where To Get Nigerian Stock Photos? by my2cents(m): 2:05am On Aug 23, 2007
thanks smart for the offer. When in need, I will certainly YIM you.

Thanks once again.
Re: Where To Get Nigerian Stock Photos? by topetope(m): 11:45pm On Aug 23, 2007
@smartsoft,
haba,no be fight now?
i didnt point to the pic to diss u.i was only trying to say getty is a goog resource point for black images.

Celtel Nigeria is even using images from getty and u can see that from my attachements.

I have used Getty enuff to recogniz every black model wen i see them real life (joking o)

If u want unique pics,then pay models and photographers and snap unique pics.

Re: Where To Get Nigerian Stock Photos? by smartsoft(m): 11:28am On Aug 24, 2007
chei this guy do open my yarsh, lol caught me like a rat so good so far gettyimages is the best anyway
Re: Where To Get Nigerian Stock Photos? by topetope(m): 10:17pm On Aug 24, 2007
@smartsoft,
no be so,i jus wan butress my point.
If companies like celtel and IGI as i can show in this post,use immages from getty,then who am i not to follow their steps.
IGI has billborads around nigeria with the image i have attached.find one around Charity - Osodi
Companies that require websites cannot afford to pay for unique photos.They even find it difficult to supply their own passports.
Haba,y i go kill myself wen i fit get Royal-Free images.

My pple,Getty ni jo

Re: Where To Get Nigerian Stock Photos? by smartsoft(m): 10:40pm On Aug 24, 2007
true talk
Re: Where To Get Nigerian Stock Photos? by zealpatrick: 7:04pm On Oct 07, 2013
There is a Nigeria Stock Photo site, purely Nigerian photos, visit www.onnigeria.com. lets promote what is ours, there is a photo competition going on currently on the site for Nigerian photographers to grasp a wooping One Million naira, that is: 100,000 for each geopolitical zone and 500,000 as the star prize. Check it Out

Re: Where To Get Nigerian Stock Photos? by Nobody: 5:07pm On Oct 08, 2013
Try www.500pixel.com u'll see all kind of images you need der. Though the images are for sale, jst comtact me so I tell u how u can get the images for free. Nb u are not paying me a kobo 4 dis.

Thanks
Re: Where To Get Nigerian Stock Photos? by Caroguama(f): 6:41pm On Jan 24, 2015
I wrote an extensive article on 12 websites where Nigerian marketers can download free and paid stock photos for as low as $1 dollar >> http://carolinewabara.com/2015/01/21/12-websites-where-nigerian-marketers-can-find-stock-photos/

These sites are been used by Nigerian banks and more. Hope this helps everyone.

Re: Where To Get Nigerian Stock Photos? by TONINATHO: 12:17pm On May 17, 2017
foto.com.ng

(1) (Reply)

Submitting Your Site To Search Directories, Forums And Special Sites / Which Open Source Shopping Cart Would You Choose? / Help Me Please, I Cant Download On Youtube Any Longer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.