Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,592 members, 7,820,132 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:13 AM

Price Of Drivers Licences - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Price Of Drivers Licences (1056 Views)

Man Pays ₦217M For A RR1 Number Plate, The Price Of 20 Brand New Toyota Camry / This Ferrari Book Costs ₦10.8m, The Price Of A Brand New Toyota Camry / How Much Does It Actually Cost To Get A Drivers License In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Price Of Drivers Licences by citywal(m): 10:03pm On Oct 22, 2022
Good evening all, a quick one please what's the price of getting a fresh drivers license and how long does it take in Nigeria please help a brother out.
Re: Price Of Drivers Licences by SamuelLoch: 10:27pm On Oct 22, 2022
citywal:
Good evening all, a quick one please what's the price of getting a fresh drivers license and how long does it take in Nigeria please help a brother out.

I did my 5 years driver's license for N30K sometime around August, in Lagos. Collected the temporary version on the same day. I picked up the permanent version and made 2 copies about 4 weeks after.

Although, it took about 6hrs on the day that I applied because of the queue and "network connection" - their excuse for delaying us. Las las I drop something to some officials.
All of a sudden, the network connection excuse no affect me after I drop money grin

2 Likes

Re: Price Of Drivers Licences by Nobody: 4:22am On Oct 23, 2022
If you want to follow the legal process by doing it by yourself,you are going to fill the form in FRSC's website,printout the form and take it to the designated bank,pay the required fee and take the payment slips and forms to FRSC's office.But you go hear ween.Those corrupt FRSC,vio and lastma officials in Lagos are very corrupt.They will frustrate you with(No network.come back in 2 weeks.After 2 weeks,they will tell you to come back in another 2 weeks.This is a ploy for you to bribe them.Vio and lastma will also show you shege when you fail their driving test or to recite the traffic road signs.Them fit tell you to come back in 2 months.]

However if you don't want their wahala just go through one of the government approved driving school to help you process it.You will pay more money because this driving school knows the language this government officials will understand.Bribe!
Going through the driving school won't take you more than 3 weeks to get the temporary driver licence because them go bribe FRSC,lastma and vio s'workers to make the process smooth.Then one month your original may be ready.

1 Like

Re: Price Of Drivers Licences by SamuelLoch: 6:27am On Oct 23, 2022
Revolution2022:
If you want to follow the legal process by doing it by yourself,you are going to fill the form in FRSC's website,printout the form and take it to the designated bank,pay the required fee and take the payment slips and forms to FRSC's office.But you go hear ween.Those corrupt FRSC,vio and lastma officials in Lagos are very corrupt.They will frustrate you with(No network.come back in 2 weeks.After 2 weeks,they will tell you to come back in another 2 weeks.This is a ploy for you to bribe them.Vio and lastma will also show you shege when you fail their driving test or to recite the traffic road signs.Them fit tell you to come back in 2 months.]

However if you don't want their wahala just go through one of the government approved driving school to help you process it.You will pay more money because this driving school knows the language this government officials will understand.Bribe!
Going through the driving school won't take you more than 3 weeks to get the temporary driver licence because them go bribe FRSC,lastma and vio s'workers to make the process smooth.Then one month your original may be ready.

I concur with not going DIY (do it yourself)
I don't even think you can do it yourself. There's a certificate number you need before you start. From the moment you start to go upandan trying to get that number, they would show you STRESS!

I was informed ahead so I got the number of an FRSC lady. I called her, we met and that was how I did mine
Re: Price Of Drivers Licences by Nobody: 6:32am On Oct 23, 2022
SamuelLoch:

I concur with not going DIY (do it yourself)
I don't even think you can do it yourself. There's a certificate number you need before you start. From the moment you start to go upandan trying to get that number, they would show you STRESS!

I was informed ahead so I got the number of an FRSC lady. I called her, we met and that was how I did mine
According to FRSC commander,he said the driver's licence can be filled online by the user and the printout taken to the bank and make payment.But they will crash their website to make it unable to be access by anyone except the FRSC officials.
Re: Price Of Drivers Licences by SamuelLoch: 6:47am On Oct 23, 2022
Revolution2022:
According to FRSC commander,he said the driver's licence can be filled online by the user and the printout taken to the bank and make payment.But they will crash their website to make it unable to be access by anyone except the FRSC officials.

They've made the website thing stressful already from the first stage.
See the screenshot I attached requesting for Certificate Number. To get am sef na work. Then, the moment you get there and they realize grin the STRESS begins.

OP would just notice that they are attending to others and they're posting him.

1 Like

Re: Price Of Drivers Licences by shidi2233: 1:58pm On Oct 23, 2022
[me wey be say i never sabi drive i fit apply for ham na without alot of questioning.. Bro put me through quote author=SamuelLoch post=117794095]

I did my 5 years driver's license for N30K sometime around August, in Lagos. Collected the temporary version on the same day. I picked up the permanent version and made 2 copies about 4 weeks after.

Although, it took about 6hrs on the day that I applied because of the queue and "network connection" - their excuse for delaying us. Las las I drop something to some officials.
All of a sudden, the network connection excuse no affect me after I drop money grin[/quote]
Re: Price Of Drivers Licences by SamuelLoch: 2:34pm On Oct 23, 2022
shidi2233:
[me wey be say i never sabi drive i fit apply for ham na without alot of questioning.. Bro put me through quote author=SamuelLoch post=117794095]

All of a sudden, the network connection excuse no affect me after I drop money grin

You no Sabi drive and you wan apply?
The truth is that you can get it even if you don't know how to drive, but bro abeg learn am first. You fit learn am in just 1 week, you go dey master the rest with more practice.
E go save you a lot

(1) (Reply)

How Well Do You Know Your Car? Spec And Options! / Between Toyota Highlander, Nissan Xterra And Ford Explorer / How Do I Check That The Mileage Of A Car Of '05 Is Correct

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.